Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-10-2015, 03:10 PM   #41
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buried Treasures View Post
The other day, the lid to a glue bottle bounced on the floor and out of site. It has not been seen since. Also, a bird punch I need for a project is MIA. Is there a fourth dimension out there? Where does stuff go???
It like the dryer and socks - only this is craft stuff. I'll have the marker, but the cap is missing. Just a couple weeks ago, I couldn't find my ATG. It was under my scoring board, but I thought it was something else.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Buried Treasures likes this post.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:35 PM   #42
Polyshrink Goddess

two stamp sets, looked everywhere and thought for sure they ended up in the community recycle dumpster sized bin (distinctly heard a thunk when I emptied my paper scraps bin). I even cleaned up my craft room and table (always buried), alas no stamps! I went through every stamp set I own, nothing, they were gone...until I found one in its clam shell on the designated shelf, dang it I could have sworn that set was transferred to one of the new SU storage boxes? and the other one was hiding behind the paper files of retired colours...pretty sure the dust bunnies hid that one on purpose...and I choose not to think what the thunk into the bin was
StamperDea and poppydarling like this post.
Old 04-10-2015, 08:47 PM   #43
Stazon Splitcoast

Default which scalloped set are you missing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allistamps123 View Post
I lost two sets of Nestabilities that took me forever to afford to buy ;-( I had taken them to work because we were having a "night of cardmaking workshop" (Ya, I had a great job at a family agency where where we had lots of different kinds of family events and classes). Now I don't know how I lost them, as I was super careful with them at work. I don't know if they got thrown out once I was home or what.

My co-worker bought me one replacement set when she ended up being my secret Santa. I've never gotten the scalloped ones replaced ;-(
I might have one for you!
Old 04-11-2015, 07:04 AM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

The ghost who lives in my studio is always hiding something. She thinks it's funny!! Usually if I ask she brings it back but I lost my most favourite Swiss Dot folder! I tore my studio apart ..and found some amazing stuff I had forgotten about..but NO FOLDER! Since it is an old folder I was having trouble finding a new one but last week I did! Whoo hoo. So as the way things work out I will probably have the old one returned by the ghost in a couple of days! LOL
StamperDea, BathBelle and poppydarling like this post.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:40 AM   #45
Embossing Fanatic

It's more like, what haven't I lost. I ordered a scrap easel though and that will help. A friend of mine has one and I borrowed it. Huge difference ce for me.
Old 04-11-2015, 12:05 PM   #46
Proud Fan Club Member

The black grid pad I have on my work desk is known to make clear stamps disappear on contact so I have to sweep my hand across to find it unless it is on a block.

How about using some bright washi tape on your clear plates to keep them visable on the edges? Mine are so chewed up they are opaque.

I like that magnet idea! Try it Dina! Is the desk built edge to edge? Like you couldnt use a yardstick/broom handle to push it to one end and get it?

The nesties. I go bigger wth scallops so they act as an underlayer. So if your biggest circle is three inches, I'd want the biggest scallop to be 3 1/2 to show the pattern. Just imho.

I have my garbage off to the side so stuff cant fall off the table into it. Learned that lesson a long time ago with my regular desk!

The Borrowers is a fun movie

Maybe the Underpants Elves from South Park are branching out.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:21 PM   #47
Gallery Gazer

I once lost a whole cling-mount rubber Stampendous Christmas set called Polar Bear Path which had a quite large polar bear carrying some cubs and a sentiment - still in it's original packaging It was new and I was just about to use it. I looked everywhere & nearly went crazy - nope couldn't find it. It eventually turned up several years later inbetween sheets of cardstock in one of those Cropper Hopper plastic storage containers which I use all the time. I still can't fathom how it could be invisible in a container for so long . Glad that I found it but......
Old 04-12-2015, 05:38 AM   #48
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

I've lost too much to list haha but I just wanted to thank the OP for this GREAT thread topic - so nice to know there are so many kindred spirits out in SCS and that I am not alone in the 4th dimension of missing stuff This is a great thread topic that puts a smile on every reader's face !!!!

CARPE DIEM............

And maybe CAVEAT EMPTOR as well cuz we all know that whatever it is that we cannot find is in there SOMEWHERE..............
djaquay and jeannemlehrman like this post.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:19 PM   #49
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamping-C View Post
The largest thing I ever lost on my table was the table. I found it under a ton or two of paper and stamps and glue and ...you know

And I lost a cat on the table, she is a kind of invisible if she wants to, and I really didn't see her. Of course i ran through the whole house, screaming "BAAAABYYYY, BAAABYYYYY! Where are yoooouuu?!?"
She didn't answer, she just looked at me - as I finally found her - like I was insane. .... D
Thanks for the best laugh I've had in a while. I so understand the "lost table" phenomenon. An then I read about the cat. Yes, they can be invisible whenever they want. And yes, when you finally find them they give you "the look." And cats also help you lose lots of other things. Personal experience.
Dea
Old 04-14-2015, 01:27 AM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderstandBlue View Post
OMGGG mine is gone too! And I just got done with a complete tear-out, bring stuff back remodel, so it's GONE.

this is too funny. I really want to find mine!
Old 04-14-2015, 04:46 AM   #51
Crimping Master

Location: Michigan ( where else can you point out where you live on your hand)

Right now my SU Heart Dies and my Spellbinder Ribbon Banner Dies are missing.
I rarely craft away from home so I'm pretty sure they HAVE to be somewhere in my room. I too have a small space and am in fear that somehow they got thrown away. I'm very careless with my dies and let my room get way out of control when card making. DH and I will be retiring in the future so I am taking things to our second home Im afraid the is going to add to my where is it confusion.
Old 04-14-2015, 06:30 AM   #52
Matboard Maniac

WOW, I'm loving reading about everyone's lost items (well, not in a sick, twisted way, but in an I'm so glad to know I'm not alone way lol!) Who knew this was such a universal problem? I still think there are little stinkers out there in the 4th dimension with scrapbook rooms that would make Jennifer McGuire envious because they stole all our stuff to stock them!
Old 04-14-2015, 09:51 AM   #53
Proud Fan Club Member

My cats love to open my craft drawers & think anything on my craft tables is fair game. Right now I've one on my lap pressing keys on my iPad! The biggest thing I've lost was my Fiskars Stamp Press. I spent hours looking for it to no avail. I happened upon it one day in back of my huge huge entertainment center, when installing a new TV. No surprise it was missing all four orange thingies!
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Maree F likes this post.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:33 PM   #54
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

And I lost a cat on the table, she is a kind of invisible if she wants to, and I really didn't see her. Of course i ran through the whole house, screaming "BAAAABYYYY, BAAABYYYYY! Where are yoooouuu?!?"
She didn't answer, she just looked at me - as I finally found her - like I was insane.
hahaha

My Gallery |My Blog | My Store | My Online Classes
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Old 04-15-2015, 01:47 AM   #55
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Quote:
The largest thing I ever lost on my table was the table.
I found it under a ton or two of paper and stamps and glue and ...you know
This is priceless LOL. I lose my table all of the time!!!!
Old 04-15-2015, 10:06 AM   #56
Polyshrink Goddess

Is it my imagination or do things go MIA when you need them most? It seems when I go to reach for a particular item that it's suddenly gone. As soon as I go to grab something else the first thing pops up. I swear there must be little craft fairies buzzing around hiding things. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it!

Barb
ammrx, JoBear2 and Franncy like this post.
Old 04-15-2015, 10:48 AM   #57
Stampin' Fool

I don't allow my crazy cats in my craft room.

The biggest thing I've lost is my Fiskars paper cutter. I really am beginning to believe that things disappear for some time then come back! Today I stopped at the pharmacy to pick up a prescription (drive through), had my CC out but the order wasn't ready. Well, when I got to the next errand on my list, I couldn't find the CC I'd just had back at the pharmacy. I search around outside my car, retraced my steps to the shoe repair shop, looked under the seats, went through my purse 7 times. Then there is was right on the passenger seat. I swear I looked there! And BTW I did find the paper cutter it was sitting in plain sight on my table. When I do dumb things like that, I used to blame it all on being blonde, now I blame it on old timer's disease.

PROUD FAN CLUB MEMBER
BRAK - Birthday RAK Committee
RAK - Random Acts of Kindness
Newbie BRAK - Welcome Committee

* * * * * * * * S W A P S * * * * * *
JoBear2 likes this post.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:41 AM   #58
Glitter Queen

I have lost 4 bulky circle punches. I have turned over the house at least twice in the past couple days and they are gone. I have unearthed a few fun finds, but not the punches. They are big and chunky they should be easy to spot. Completely frustrated!
PikkuLilla likes this post.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:04 PM   #59
Matboard Maniac

Well since I posted on losing my TE Tulip cutting plate, I got a text on Sunday the 26th from a friend who found it in a gift bag of cards I had donated for a charity silent auction. How it got in there I can't even imagine. I guess that goes to show you things can literally get up and walk out the door.
pepperann, djaquay, StamperDea and 1 others like this post.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:23 PM   #60
Embossing Fanatic

Should I confess that I "lost" my Big Shot Pro? DH had moved it from one end of the table to the other. (I craft on the dining room table and we have a "BIG" table.) It was then buried in laundry.
pepperann, djaquay and StamperDea like this post.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:48 AM   #61
Matboard Maniac

Should I confess right now we can't even find the formal dining room table cause it has so laundry on it at the moment ?
pepperann and BluDragon like this post.
Old 05-01-2015, 04:55 AM   #62
Polyshrink Goddess

ive "lost" my clear ruler lots of times. There is a hook behind me where i hang several rulers and I always seem to look there instead of right next to me where it usually is on the desk hiding. -.-
Old 04-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #63
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Band Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
There's a Crop-a-dile hiding somewhere in my craft room. I haven't seen it in years, but I'm 99.75% certain I never threw it away nor gave it away.

I've temporarily misplaced other items over the years, but they've all eventually turned up.
I realize I'm digging up an old thread, but I wanted to share that I found my Crop-a-dile today!!! It had been hiding in a basket in a cabinet for probably about 10 years.

Just think of all the eyelets I can set now!!! ROFL!!!
Old 04-13-2018, 04:57 AM   #64
Stampin' Fool

Don't you just love those "why in the world did I..." moments.

After 10 years I'm thinking congrats on finding it may be a mute point as you have probably either replaced it or learned to live without it. Brads and eyelets aren't exactly trending these days.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:19 AM   #65
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluDragon View Post
ive "lost" my clear ruler lots of times. There is a hook behind me where i hang several rulers and I always seem to look there instead of right next to me where it usually is on the desk hiding. -.-

I used to do that a lot! Finally I put a strip of yellow frogtape across the entire back so it's more visible - like caution strips on steps. It's narrow enough that I can still see through it where i need to.
pepperann likes this post.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #66
Kookie Creator

Yesterday my four year old granddaughter asked me to help find Cowy (her stuffed cow) and we were looking for it together in my house. And I hear her say quietly to herself, "It's always in the last place you look, always in the last place you look" over and over until she found it. I used to tell her mom that all the time. Bet it got repeated!
pepperann and Dorie95 like this post.