Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-12-2008, 02:51 PM   #801
Insane Embellisher

Great thread.....great ideas!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:58 AM   #802
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisygirl016 View Post
Maybe its me, maybe I haven't been following this thread enough but... how the heck do you stamp on glass ball ornaments??!!! I have a large amount of them (few years ago went on a buying spree and got a ton of them for 5 cents or under!!!).

Thank you!
I think you could, in fact, use smaller stamps on the glass ornaments. You ink up the stamp in Stazon or whatever, lay the stamp (ink side up) on your table and roll the ball over the stamp. We did this once at a stamp camp stamping wine glasses where you are also working with a curved surface.

Just a thought....

Old 11-13-2008, 05:27 AM   #803
Pearl-ExPert

OMG! I am making nearly everyone's gift this year.....have to use up the stashes and need to conserve on funds too.

I took a BPS class just recently and have 14 ideas that I am working through. They are a Calender using a 11x8.5 landscape page protectors, 8x8 acrylic page photo frames, Bo Bunny Word Books with quotes and photos of family (Using Happy, Believe - for the totally nuts Christmas freaks in the family - and Family - for my husbands siblings), made a 12x12 mosaic picture frame using christmas DP and foam Core, Piggy Tales sliding board book with questions and answers about him, a fishing board book for my father in law, painting some shelves and making a bulletin board for my son that has tons of photos on a painted cork board with the words,"Who Loves You......Everyone!" stamped on the top edge and a watercolor page with a photo of me and my Dad framed (I get my art ability from him...thanks Dad!).

Then I am making some thank you card sets using Thank You Kindly and Lovely Letters. Oh, I made some of those folded paper pine cone ornaments for teachers and school staff. Not sure what else but, it has kept me very busy everyday....good thing I am not working right now!!
Old 11-13-2008, 06:13 AM   #804
Die Cut Diva

I've started a quilt for DS #1, but have been searching for this very thread. Thanks to all you ladies for sharing your ideas! Subscribing.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #805
Proud Fan Club Member

Smile List (not complete by any means) of ideas from HERE!

I'm HOPING that I got all of this information down correctly. I KNOW I didn't get every idea, nor recipe, but I was trying to cut and paste as I read. I'll tweak it some more (making sure everything is the same font/size), and of course add more info. I apologize for NOT including the names of thhose who submitted the recipes and ideas. (REALLY I AM SORRY FOR THAT!) I didn't think about that until I was over half way into this. This was for my use (since I can't remember everything), but thought some of you folks might want to add info, names, etc., and MAYBE we can keep it going? Versions 1-10? LOL WILL TRY to do the link now... I hope it came out OK for the rest of you - for ME it's going to work for now! ~ Happy Day! Barbara
Attached Files
File Type: doc SCS Holiday Gift Ideas '08.doc (63.5 KB, 327 views)
Old 11-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #806
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks so much. Appreciate your taking the time to help us all out.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:12 AM   #807
Crimping Master

Just now finding this thread... great stuff!!

Has anyone tried putting candles in tins/jars/mugs/teacups? I love this idea, and have tried it a few times for myself, but the candles didn't turn out quite right. Maybe I should just try it again with bought paraffin (I had just chopped up old almost-gone candles before, and added color and fragrance with a bought votive thrown in for good measure ). Obviously, I want a better result before I try it for gifts! Guess I better get cookin...
Old 11-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #808
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyNestMom View Post
I'm HOPING that I got all of this information down correctly. I KNOW I didn't get every idea, nor recipe, but I was trying to cut and paste as I read. I'll tweak it some more (making sure everything is the same font/size), and of course add more info. I apologize for NOT including the names of thhose who submitted the recipes and ideas. (REALLY I AM SORRY FOR THAT!) I didn't think about that until I was over half way into this. This was for my use (since I can't remember everything), but thought some of you folks might want to add info, names, etc., and MAYBE we can keep it going? Versions 1-10? LOL WILL TRY to do the link now... I hope it came out OK for the rest of you - for ME it's going to work for now! ~ Happy Day! Barbara
Thanks!

Anyone seen baskets for sale inexpensively?
Old 11-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #809
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezy929 View Post
Thanks!

Anyone seen baskets for sale inexpensively?
The Dollar Tree has lots and lots of nice ones for only $1!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 11-13-2008, 08:21 PM   #810
Crimping Master

Smile

QUOTE : Anyone seen baskets for sale inexpensively?

I was at Michael's tonight and they had a HUGE bin of assorted baskets 80% off - it looked like they had some really nice ones - but I refrained from looking at them - have quite a few baskets hanging in the craft room so I thought I would behave!
Old 11-14-2008, 05:46 AM   #811
Pearl-ExPert

I don't have a Michaels here, but I do have a Dollar Tree and I have to stop there to get more photo albums anyway. yay!
Old 11-14-2008, 06:15 AM   #812
Pearl-ExPert

I posted a picture of the SCS Card Sketches Box that I made for my SIL. Now I just have to print a bunch of sketches and fill the box.

SCS Card Sketches Box
Old 11-14-2008, 06:22 AM   #813
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddielitter View Post
I posted a picture of the SCS Card Sketches Box that I made for my SIL. Now I just have to print a bunch of sketches and fill the box.

SCS Card Sketches Box

That is lovely! What a wonderful gift and a great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:33 AM   #814
Proud Fan Club Member

Marcy, your box turned out so nice, and geez I would never have thought of printing out cards as ideas to put inside. If you don't mind, I think I'm going to do the same thing for my dear friend who says she's creatively challenged, which is why she buys stamps, as she says the ideas are right there on the stamps. (To which I laugh, mainly because she really does come up with some beautiful cards, but I'd bet we've all had to THINK about a card, even with a stamp for artwork in front of us, no?) HECK - I might make one for myself.. perhaps the cards I've chosen as favorites so I have them in reach while stamping? Sounds better than going back to my computer! I'm a bit behind with ideas for the holidays, shoot! ~ Lovely box, and what a lovely idea! Thank you for sharing with us! ~ Barbara
Old 11-14-2008, 07:41 AM   #815
Pearl-ExPert

Marcy, did I thank you before for the idea? I did make a card making kit in a photo album thanks to your idea. Your box is beautiful!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:15 AM   #816
Stazon Splitcoast

This thread is so great! Thank you for sharing ladies!

Since things are so tight, they're squeaking, I'm making gifts for people this year.

For my children I'm doing tie blankets (I've had the material for a few years, just never sat down to do it), I'm going to attempt an apron for my girls. Hair bows, tutus. Still stumped for my son. For others that we give to, shopping lists, book thongs, cards for the teachers, not sure what to give the bus drivers though. I know there is more, but I'm drawing a total blank atm and I don't know where my list is atm.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:14 AM   #817
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Marcy, your box turned out so nice, and geez I would never have thought of printing out cards as ideas to put inside. If you don't mind, I think I'm going to do the same thing for my dear friend who says she's creatively challenged, which is why she buys stamps, as she says the ideas are right there on the stamps. (To which I laugh, mainly because she really does come up with some beautiful cards, but I'd bet we've all had to THINK about a card, even with a stamp for artwork in front of us, no?) HECK - I might make one for myself.. perhaps the cards I've chosen as favorites so I have them in reach while stamping? Sounds better than going back to my computer! I'm a bit behind with ideas for the holidays, shoot! ~ Lovely box, and what a lovely idea! Thank you for sharing with us! ~ Barbara
Hi Barbara,

So glad you like the idea! Of course I wouldn't mind, and I would love to see pics when you're done.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:28 AM   #818
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Marcy, did I thank you before for the idea? I did make a card making kit in a photo album thanks to your idea. Your box is beautiful!
Oh, cool! I'm glad my post was helpful to you. Thanks for the compliment on my box too.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:36 AM   #819
Embossing Fanatic

Been lurking for a few days. Thanks for so many great ideas!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:11 PM   #820
Insane Embellisher

There are some really great suggestions on here. Every year I make an ornament(s) for my daughter and her family - last year I put it on my tree and forgot to give it to her - found it when I took the tree down LOL!

I also put together Emeril's "Essence". Got the recipe from the Food Network - I think it's www.foodtv.com. I printed labels on my computer and reused containers I had saved during the year along with ones I found at the thrift store. Everyone liked it except for the ones that don't cook with spices.

Along with that I made homemade Vanilla - this was a big hit. It's 1 c. Vodka to 2 split beans. Put in a dark place for a few weeks and then take the cap off - the smell is heavenly and the taste is even better - and it is so easy to make. Even if it's not ready at Christmas - they can let it stand for awhile longer.

I'd like to do something else this year - just haven't got there yet. I'm looking forward to reading all of these posts and hopefully finding something.
Actually - I'm thinking tags and embellished containers with die cuts or punched images - sound good???

Dru
Happy to be a Fan Club Member
Old 11-14-2008, 02:14 PM   #821
Insane Embellisher

Oh - I forgot. The vanilla in the clear containers (and some were green glass) is the most beautiful amber color.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:52 PM   #822
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edesigns View Post
There are some really great suggestions on here. Every year I make an ornament(s) for my daughter and her family - last year I put it on my tree and forgot to give it to her - found it when I took the tree down LOL!

I also put together Emeril's "Essence". Got the recipe from the Food Network - I think it's www.foodtv.com. I printed labels on my computer and reused containers I had saved during the year along with ones I found at the thrift store. Everyone liked it except for the ones that don't cook with spices.

Along with that I made homemade Vanilla - this was a big hit. It's 1 c. Vodka to 2 split beans. Put in a dark place for a few weeks and then take the cap off - the smell is heavenly and the taste is even better - and it is so easy to make. Even if it's not ready at Christmas - they can let it stand for awhile longer.

I'd like to do something else this year - just haven't got there yet. I'm looking forward to reading all of these posts and hopefully finding something.
Actually - I'm thinking tags and embellished containers with die cuts or punched images - sound good???

Dru
What great ideas! I would have NEVER thought about doing a spice blend for a gift. And I checked out the recipe, and it sounds yummy!!!! Now to search for containers....what kind did you use exactly and what did the labels you made look like. I am trying to get a mental picture here! Thanks for posting these!
Old 11-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #823
Matboard Maniac

I have the ingredients for Denise's lotion. I just have to find the containers I want to use. I think I will make Italian cookies but I dont know how I will package them so they wont crumble in the mail. I tried one time and it wasn't pretty. I love reading what everyone is doing for christmas. Ladies you are a talented group.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:47 PM   #824
Stampin' Fool

I love this thread! You are all giving me such good ideas not only for Christmas but for the rest of the year! There are mostly paper crafts being made in my house this year

I'm making 5.5 x 7 pattern paper covered chipboard photo albums for the kids in my dayhome. I always take some great pics of the kids doing crafts or doing dress-up or just hanging out together throughout the year.

Other albums are:
Zoo for my daughter and her cousin who LOVE our zoo. I've got some fantastic pics of the animals and we'll include their names underneath.

People who love you: albums full of parents, grandparents, aunts & uncles etc. I thought this would be a great idea for my nephew who is going to be 7 months.

Also for my daughter since she's 2 1/2 and into crafts i'm going to make up a box of card bases, stamped images, circle/square scallop shapes punched out & age appropriate embellishments like bling with sticker backing, new crayons and envelopes so she can assemble her own cards. She has a friend who's going to be moving out of town so i'm going to be making one of these kits for her friend too so they can make send each other handmade cards.

I've made a coupon book for my husband- a naughty and nice one

A few 6 x 6 desk calendars for the grandparents, and assorted cards for my brothers. I do bday, Valentine's Day, Mother/Father's Day, thank-you, sympathy etc so that they have everything covered.

My husband makes wine, ice wine and port I add some pretty outer wrapping and those have made great host gifts during the holidays.

I love the spices idea, especially if you add some recipes for easy dips or favorite dishes using that spice. And homemade Vanilla, brilliant!

Check out my blog! www.sunfaeriecreations.blogspot.com
Old 11-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #825
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundayshine View Post
I have the ingredients for Denise's lotion. I just have to find the containers I want to use. I think I will make Italian cookies but I dont know how I will package them so they wont crumble in the mail. I tried one time and it wasn't pretty. I love reading what everyone is doing for christmas. Ladies you are a talented group.
I send cookies in the mail by putting them in a sturdy container with layers of bubble wrap faced with waxed paper between the layers. If the cookies don't shift when you shake the box from side-to-side, they usually ship successfully. Air popped popcorn makes a good filler for the shipping box.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:38 AM   #826
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaswife View Post
What great ideas! I would have NEVER thought about doing a spice blend for a gift. And I checked out the recipe, and it sounds yummy!!!! Now to search for containers....what kind did you use exactly and what did the labels you made look like. I am trying to get a mental picture here! Thanks for posting these!
I saved empty spice containers through the year - not really knowing what I was going to do with them in the end - then when I decided on the spice mixture I at least had a few. You could use empty jars from jam, or canning jars, or you can usually pick up lidded containers at Michael's and World Market.

For the labels, I cut a 12 x 12 piece of DP with Christmas music on it, typed in the name and the ingredients into Word and printed it onto the DP, cut them out and glued them on with "Enjoy" at the very bottom - nothing fancy at all

Hope that hellps - Dru
Old 11-15-2008, 03:46 AM   #827
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
WOW!! Thanks for this - it's such a great reference. Dru
Old 11-15-2008, 11:02 AM   #828
Stampin' Fool

Here's a great site with lots of ideas...

http://www.christmas-projects.com/

ENJOY!!
Old 11-15-2008, 02:57 PM   #829
Die Cut Diva

Wanted to say thanks to all for this GREAT thread!
Old 11-15-2008, 03:10 PM   #830
Die Cut Diva

I found these canning jars at my Target today -- going to try them for Denise's lotion. (They were less expensive at target -- about $3.50 for 4). Just have to make a run to Family dollar first!

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product...cd2=1226790395

I think they'll look great!
Old 11-15-2008, 03:50 PM   #831
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by askagain View Post
I found these canning jars at my Target today -- going to try them for Denise's lotion. (They were less expensive at target -- about $3.50 for 4). Just have to make a run to Family dollar first!

I love these jars! The lotion will look great in them!!! Denise
Old 11-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #832
Gabfest Goddess

I will have to go to Target and see if I can find some, too - it is so easy to dress up the top and they will be darling.

Meow is kind of like Aloha. It can mean anything.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:58 PM   #833
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Thank you so much for creating this, and to everyone for sharing their great ideas!
Old 11-16-2008, 06:30 AM   #834
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Ooooh so cute! And we have to run to Target today to get snowboots. Thanks!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:21 AM   #835
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Here is another type of jar that Target has. They are 4 oz. and the on-line store is selling them 12/$12.95. But I absolutely LOVE those ball jars that askagain posted!

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_PG0104F
Old 11-16-2008, 08:27 AM   #836
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizlady View Post
Here is another type of jar that Target has. They are 4 oz. and the on-line store is selling them 12/$12.95. But I absolutely LOVE those ball jars that askagain posted!

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_PG0104F
WHERE ARE THE JARS IN TARGET? I haven't ever looked for them there. And I love these too!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:30 AM   #837
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Ooooh so cute! And we have to run to Target today to get snowboots. Thanks!

I want snow!!!! So bad!!! My dear daughter(well sometimes dear) is 13 and has never seen a really big snow! The ones like we used to have here. It snows in the mountains next to us but not much here! And they usually close the roads in the mountains.........so............

Breezy...send me some snow!!!!!
Old 11-16-2008, 08:53 AM   #838
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaswife View Post
WHERE ARE THE JARS IN TARGET? I haven't ever looked for them there. And I love these too!
I found them on the very corner of a bottom shelf in the kitchenware isle. It was on the same wall where they had gadgets like can openers, ladles, spatulas, etc. Not a big section but my store had plenty in stock.

PS. I went to family dollar last night and found the vitamin e cream! Thanks for the tip! (Much cheaper than CVS!) Funny, Big Lots is next door, and they also had it (8oz jars for $2.30).
Old 11-16-2008, 09:12 AM   #839
Die Cut Diva

Okay, I think I'm officially obsessed with this lotion too. I worked on some poems last night and wanted to share if someone else could use them . They may need a little tweaking. Here are the first two:

Oh, the weather outside is frightful
But this lotion’s so delightful.
A little gift from me to you
To help you out when you’re feeling blue.

---------------------------------------------

When your hands are chapped and dry,
Give this homemade cream a try.
Just take a dab and rub it in,
On your elbows, hands or shin.
Its creamy goodness does the trick
To bring you comfort oh so quick.

-------------------------
This last one is an alteration. My DD wants to make some too for all her friends. I thought we'd try adding some sparkles for this crowd and will package in Baby food jars with this poem (it's adapted from a wonderful idea I found on the internet - can't remember the original creator or site but am happy to give attribution if someone finds it).

Angel Cream
It’s getting late and time for bed
Time to rest your weary head.
You’ve brushed your teeth and combed your hair
Favorite jimmies is what you wear.
Now take a dab of lotion
Rub it on your hands like a magic potion.
This sparkly stuff is called Angel Cream
So angels will guard you while you dream.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:14 AM   #840
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Okay, I think I'm officially obsessed with this lotion too. I worked on some poems last night and wanted to share if someone else could use them . They may need a little tweaking. Here are the first two:

Oh, the weather outside is frightful
But this lotionís so delightful.
A little gift from me to you
To help you out when youíre feeling blue.

---------------------------------------------

When your hands are chapped and dry,
Give this homemade cream a try.
Just take a dab and rub it in,
On your elbows, hands or shin.
Its creamy goodness does the trick
To bring you comfort oh so quick.

-------------------------
This last one is an alteration. My DD wants to make some too for all her friends. I thought we'd try adding some sparkles for this crowd and will package in Baby food jars with this poem (it's adapted from a wonderful idea I found on the internet - can't remember the original creator or site but am happy to give attribution if someone finds it).

Angel Cream
Itís getting late and time for bed
Time to rest your weary head.
Youíve brushed your teeth and combed your hair
Favorite jimmies is what you wear.
Now take a dab of lotion
Rub it on your hands like a magic potion.
This sparkly stuff is called Angel Cream
So angels will guard you while you dream.

Love all the poems!!!! Hmmmm...I gotta think of one for suncatchers too!!!!