Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-03-2016, 05:29 AM   #201
Embossing Fanatic

Smile Dave's Dies

Yes, Dave is still taking orders. However, when he gets a lot of orders he shuts down his online store until he can get them all filled.
He is a one-man-shop I believe and this is a side business so it may be a while before he opens again.
You just need to check his site daily. And when he does open,, you should purchase all the dies you want (or that your bank account permits) because once they're sold out, it may be a while before he makes them again.
He does create new dies from time to time. Just keep checkin..

Hope that helps. Don't give up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by juters53View Post
I have a friend that wants to order some Dies by Dave and she sent him an email to order about two weeks and has not received any response. Is he still taking orders?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Crazy4Scraps likes this post.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:02 AM   #202
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:

Originally Posted by queenbeaView Post
I hope I didn't come across as ungreatful, because I'm not at all. I was just concerned about the shipping fees I'm being charged for every order I make. However, he did refund me $7 once when I placed large order and then a day or two later, I ordered one more die because it became available.
I have ready spend well over $300 in dies, not including $7 each order for shipping. The lasts order I placed was over $150 plus the $7 shipping. I received my order in a small flat rate box. He had his address on it so I checke all the orders I placed and weighed them with the envelop he mailed them in. I believe all my orders with the exception of the last one, was well under 3 oz. so I checked what the shipping would be from his address to mine and in every case, it was under $3. So now can you see my concern? I hope so.
Again, I'm not ungreatful, I just don't want to be over charged for shipping, that's all.

You should contact Dave directly with your questions and concerns. I recently ordered the butterfly die, shipping was $4 for my order.

There may also be some "handling" charge included with the shipping cost. Just ask Dave.

I am very happy that I found his site and I'm able to get dies to stamp sets that I really love, but I just don't want to pay more than I have to. That'll all.
Maybe I should be addressing this with him.
Thanks for all your input on this subject.
You should contact Dave with all questions and concerns.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:06 AM   #203
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:

Originally Posted by juters53View Post
I have a friend that wants to order some Dies by Dave and she sent him an email to order about two weeks and has not received any response. Is he still taking orders?
Send Dave another email.

I placed 2 orders in the past through email, not on the website.

I emailed Dave on two separate occasions with questions. He said the items I was interested in were in stock, and he shipped them to me.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:06 AM   #204
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by queenbeaView Post
I hope I didn't come across as ungreatful, because I'm not at all. I was just concerned about the shipping fees I'm being charged for every order I make. However, he did refund me $7 once when I placed large order and then a day or two later, I ordered one more die because it became available.
I have ready spend well over $300 in dies, not including $7 each order for shipping. The lasts order I placed was over $150 plus the $7 shipping. I received my order in a small flat rate box. He had his address on it so I checke all the orders I placed and weighed them with the envelop he mailed them in. I believe all my orders with the exception of the last one, was well under 3 oz. so I checked what the shipping would be from his address to mine and in every case, it was under $3. So now can you see my concern? I hope so.
Again, I'm not ungreatful, I just don't want to be over charged for shipping, that's all.

I am very happy that I found his site and I'm able to get dies to stamp sets that I really love, but I just don't want to pay more than I have to. That'll all.
Maybe I should be addressing this with him.
Thanks for all your input on this subject.
I, too, hate it when I have to postage, that being said, I'm not sure your implication that he is overcharging is accurate. If your product was shipped in a flat rate box, that means the flat rate was set by the post office. To my knowledge, the very lowest starting point for s small flat rate box is $5.95. It doesn't matter if it has 1/2 oz in it or a heavy box of ammo, it will still be $5.95 if the box says flat rate on the outside of it. If it fits, it ships - that's the jingle they created to remind people how economical it can be to use the flat rate boxes.
If you are unhappy with the postage charges, you always have the freedom to not shop there. This is not being said in a snotty way, please don't interpret it that way. It's said in kindness. Sour thoughts about a purchase tend to taint the pleasure you have every time you use the product because you associate the bad experience with it. Just my 2 cents on the issue....
lesliespringer and stampincheribaby like this post.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:12 AM   #205
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossView Post
I, too, hate it when I have to postage, that being said, I'm not sure your implication that he is overcharging is accurate. If your product was shipped in a flat rate box, that means the flat rate was set by the post office. To my knowledge, the very lowest starting point for s small flat rate box is $5.95. It doesn't matter if it has 1/2 oz in it or a heavy box of ammo, it will still be $5.95 if the box says flat rate on the outside of it. If it fits, it ships - that's the jingle they created to remind people how economical it can be to use the flat rate boxes.
If you are unhappy with the postage charges, you always have the freedom to not shop there. This is not being said in a snotty way, please don't interpret it that way. It's said in kindness. Sour thoughts about a purchase tend to taint the pleasure you have every time you use the product because you associate the bad experience with it. Just my 2 cents on the issue....

I agree.

Wherever there are questions and concerns, they should be directed to the company that you have these concerns with.

Indicating any displeasure can also influence others purchasing from Dave.
stampincheribaby likes this post.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:59 PM   #206
Rubber Obsessor

I just placed an order. Dave has updated his site. TREE dies AVAILABLE right now.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:19 PM   #207
Cardstock Collector

Default New Site

Hi, I have tried to get into a new site that is suppose to be his but it says it is under construction. Can you help me with locating him. I have several friends who would like to order framelits from him. Thanks Marilyn Dillon
Old 05-13-2016, 07:43 PM   #208
Compulsive Stamper

Default Dies

Thanks for the update was able to buy Trees,Traveler,the animal crew sorry forgot the name and beach dies my shipping cost was $7.00 my site for him is called dies by dave hope this helps
Old 05-13-2016, 07:59 PM   #209
Pearl-ExPert

Dies By Dave

He has lots right now, thank you for the update!! You told us, I told three friends, etc etc. and pretty soon he'll be all sold out again

Traveler is on there too, I know people were looking for that. And the herd one. VW bug is back, and dog and cat sets too.

Sweet!
sprtchick likes this post.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:02 PM   #210
Cardstock Collector

Smile Thank you

The link that was given works for me. I have passed the word on to my friends too. Appreciate your help. take care
sprtchick and RenT like this post.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:45 PM   #211
Pearl-ExPert

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy4ScrapsView Post
I just placed an order. Dave has updated his site. TREE dies AVAILABLE right now.
I got mine too! Thank you for posting!

Old 05-14-2016, 06:03 AM   #212
Glitter Queen

Thanks for letting us know! I had been checking every day and missed yesterday. Got my order in but looks like hes not carrying the ones that match Stippled Blossoms anymore. which Dalia stamp does the one he has now go with? The big background one?
Old 05-14-2016, 07:13 AM   #213
Cardstock Collector

Default Dahlia Framelit

I had that question too. Will be looking for a reply. I ordered the background Dahlia but don't think that is write. I haven't had time to try it yet.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:49 AM   #214
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapa1122View Post
Thanks for the update was able to buy Trees,Traveler,the animal crew sorry forgot the name and beach dies my shipping cost was $7.00 my site for him is called dies by dave hope this helps
I only bought one set and my shipping charge was also $7.00. Seems a bit excessive for one set that will be stuck in an envelope. I didn't see anything detailing his shipping rates. Does he ship priority mail? Oh well, I got what I wanted. Thank you enablers for finding me a new place to spend my money.

Old 05-14-2016, 08:15 AM   #215
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigerlily55View Post
I only bought one set and my shipping charge was also $7.00. Seems a bit excessive for one set that will be stuck in an envelope. I didn't see anything detailing his shipping rates. Does he ship priority mail? Oh well, I got what I wanted. Thank you enablers for finding me a new place to spend my money.
Often when I've bought just one set and paid the $7 shipping, he refunds me $3... I try to just go with the flow
sprtchick, Crazy4Scraps and tigerlily55 like this post.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:19 AM   #216
Pearl-ExPert

FYI here's the info, all in one spot in case people are searching:

I have this saved in my bookmarks as Dies by Dave PINTEREST:
https://www.pinterest.com/daveg0559/craft-stuff/

and I have the shop saved in my bookmarks as Dies by Dave SHOP: Dies By Dave
Old 05-14-2016, 08:54 AM   #217
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

If you have a question about shipping, contact Dave and let him know.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:30 PM   #218
Matboard Maniac

I have sent several messages today and I don't see any sign of them. So, I can't seem to find dave. I did order from him through an e-mail, but if I try storenvy I get a "store under construction" message and if I try dies by dave I get nothing. Can someone help me? I would like to see a catalogue if all or most of his dies are there.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:59 PM   #219
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Actually, the cost for a small flat rate box is $6.80. It used to be less but the PO raised the prices a while ago.
Old 05-14-2016, 01:31 PM   #220
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mheartmView Post
I have sent several messages today and I don't see any sign of them. So, I can't seem to find dave. I did order from him through an e-mail, but if I try storenvy I get a "store under construction" message and if I try dies by dave I get nothing. Can someone help me? I would like to see a catalogue if all or most of his dies are there.
Two posts above, Post #216 has two links for Dave.
sprtchick and muscrat like this post.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:13 PM   #221
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by mheartmView Post
See post 209 and click on the highlighted link. I don't think he is on storenvy anymore.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:42 PM   #222
Stazon Splitcoast

I placed an order 2 days ago and it has already shipped. He refunded the 7.00 shipping charge. I will have the order Monday!
Old 05-15-2016, 07:22 PM   #223
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

no trees for me--I was not online this weekend and missed them................
Old 05-15-2016, 09:22 PM   #224
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbaralynnView Post
no trees for me--I was not online this weekend and missed them................
He sells out so fast! It's like trying to get checked in online for a flight! They go fast!! I wasn't fast enough this time...😢
barbaralynn likes this post.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:47 AM   #225
Kookie Creator

I got to order one out of the three I still need. Yeah!
Old 05-17-2016, 02:42 PM   #226
Crimping Master

Received the 2 dies I ordered! Dave had refunded me $3 shipping a couple of days after I placed my order. The dies were well packaged...much better than many items I have received from on line vendors.

SO happy with my purchases from him!!!!
Old 05-18-2016, 02:14 AM   #227
Stazon Splitcoast

I just placed another order. The one set of flower dies I wanted were not available when I placed my large order on 5/13. Now they were avail along with several others I wanted,
Old 05-19-2016, 02:54 PM   #228
Pearl-ExPert

Does anyone know where Dave ships from?

Old 05-19-2016, 03:34 PM   #229
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Does anyone know where Dave ships from?
I just checked my notes, he ships from Houston, TX.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:32 PM   #230
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up 5-19-16, Update on Dies by Dave

I e-mailed Dave about 15 minutes ago to [email protected] and it appears to have gone through without any problems because it hasn't come back to me as undeliverable...yet.

I also haven't received any type of automated response back, either! So, maybe he isn't that busy right now.
I also checked his website and he does have a couple new dies in stock. 2 I saw this morning were in stock, but are now out of stock, so they do quick!

I know he may be too busy to personally respond to me, but I wrote him with a "Die Inquiry/Request".

Here's what I asked about:

Hello Dave!
I know that you are just a 1 guy operation and that making coordinating dies are just a side job for you, but I have a question/possible suggestion. I know that you do a lot of dies for SU!; however, I was just wondering if you've thought about doing dies for the Santoro Gorjuss stamps?
I have a new stamp set from them, Santoro Gorjuss: The Owl. this set has a HUGE "scalloped oval doily" type frame with an open middle. I love to use this stamp, but I think it would be gorgeous when used as a diecut.
Just a thought of something that maybe you could think about creating? If you decide to, PLEASE let me know, I'd love to be the first to buy!!!

Thanks, and keep up the AMAZING work!
~Melisa Marie
Barre, Vermont

Hopefully he writes back. I'd love to hear back from him about this. I know he is probably really overwhelmed, he doesn't know just how CRAZY us craftin' ladies are when it comes to our supplies. LOL. Poor guy!! I think this could be a great business opportunity for him if he were to go full time with this! I have no doubts he could probably even quit his regular day job and do this full time!

I'm excited to see if he will write back about this. Some of these Gorjuss girl stamps are HUGE and would benefit greatly from having some coordinating dies with them. One of the frames I just stamped from the Santoro Gorjuss: The Owl set, I had to use a 8x8 glass pyrex dish because I don't have a stamp block big enough to fit the 5" by almost 6 1/2" stamp!

Last edited by melisamarie; 05-19-2016 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: ETA: information.
Old 05-20-2016, 07:40 AM   #231
Pearl-ExPert

I don't imagine he makes them himself. Does he?

Old 05-20-2016, 08:03 AM   #232
Matboard Maniac

I ordered three sets from him last Saturday. It has already posted on my charge card but haven't heard anything yet! Hopefully within the next week!
Old 05-20-2016, 09:23 AM   #233
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttembyView Post
I ordered three sets from him last Saturday. It has already posted on my charge card but haven't heard anything yet! Hopefully within the next week!
On the website it says that you qill be charged when you order, not when it ships.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:08 AM   #234
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

I don't imagine he makes them himself. Does he?
I don't believe he does Martha. I've read things here in this thread (several pages back), and on a few other chat forums and in some groups on Facebook, that he has a company that he works with who makes the dies. He just picks which dies to make and does the designing (mock up) of it.
He then sends the plans to a company who produces them...from everything I've read. I don't know that for fact, though.
Old 05-20-2016, 12:57 PM   #235
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by melisamarieView Post
I don't believe he does Martha. I've read things here in this thread (several pages back), and on a few other chat forums and in some groups on Facebook, that he has a company that he works with who makes the dies. He just picks which dies to make and does the designing (mock up) of it.
He then sends the plans to a company who produces them...from everything I've read. I don't know that for fact, though.
M
I recall reading that same info. And I believe it was mentioned that the dies are made in the USA, not China where many of the large craft companies have the dies manufactured. Now that I think about it, that info might be on the back side of the dies. I'm not able to go check right now or I would.
Old 05-20-2016, 02:07 PM   #236
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

M
I recall reading that same info. And I believe it was mentioned that the dies are made in the USA, not China where many of the large craft companies have the dies manufactured. Now that I think about it, that info might be on the back side of the dies. I'm not able to go check right now or I would.
So my question remains, if he orders them from a company why not buy sufficient quantities to ship out? Quantity buying results in bigger discounts. He must know which dies are popular from his sales figures. I bought Trees and don't have any plans to buy more - at least not soon - it just seems unusual to me. Well if he's making some money, good luck to him!

Old 06-03-2016, 06:56 AM   #237
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I placed an order 2 days ago and it has already shipped. He refunded the 7.00 shipping charge. I will have the order Monday!
I placed my order on the May 13th. It arrived at the Postal facility on the 25th. It was scheduled to arrive on the 28th. Still don't have it. I emailed him and he said to keep in mind that there has been a lot of weather and flooding the past few weeks and that might be the problem. Anybody know anything about flooding? Has anybody else had such a delay on their shipping? TIA.

Last edited by tigerlily55; 06-03-2016 at 06:59 AM..
Old 06-03-2016, 07:01 AM   #238
Proud Fan Club Member

Yes, much of Texas is currently underwater including big chunks of the Houston area.

My Blog: Confessions of a Left-Brained Stamper
Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Design Team Member - The Project Bin
Devoted Fan Club Member since 2005
Old 06-03-2016, 11:26 AM   #239
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I placed my order on the May 13th. It arrived at the Postal facility on the 25th. It was scheduled to arrive on the 28th. Still don't have it. I emailed him and he said to keep in mind that there has been a lot of weather and flooding the past few weeks and that might be the problem. Anybody know anything about flooding? Has anybody else had such a delay on their shipping? TIA.
Dave ships from Huston Tx.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:02 PM   #240
Pearl-ExPert

Default Orders placed May 13th- have you received yours?

Quote:

Originally Posted by allee'sView Post
Yes, much of Texas is currently underwater including big chunks of the Houston area.
Okay. thanks. I wonder if people who ordered around that date had their deliveries delayed? I'm afraid mine may be lost and forlorn in some corner of a warehouse. I guess we have been spoiled by the extremely fast turn around time with most companies today.