Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-09-2008, 06:06 PM   #81
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by malice67View Post
ok -- I'm still kinda confused on Provocraft. Obviously the "copyrighted material" includes stamp images... and probably printed papers (I don't actually know if they make them)..

... UGH!!!!!!!! I just checked my CB dies and folders -- they are also copyrighted -- so no CB use if you use any other company's stamps?

... but STICKY TAPE is copyrighted!! that HAS to just be the packaging, right?

... at least the lunch box tins do NOT have any copyright info on their labels, so they should be safe to use, right?

I have no idea!! Best thing would be to either email and ask them direct (email them so you have proof in writing, don't call!) or try the cricut message board. I have sent them a letter asking them to change their policy!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-28-2008, 07:45 AM   #82
Inking Addict

Default Imaginations stamps

Does anybody know the policy on Imagination stamps?
Old 07-31-2008, 08:45 PM   #83
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Hi, this is Treehouse Stamps. ) We have an open angel policy too! Check it out here: http://www.treehousestamps.com/angelpolicy.html

Have a great day!

hugs,
Ashley
Old 08-05-2008, 12:57 PM   #84
Cardstock Collector

We R Memory Keepers

FYI...I checked with We R Memory Keepers today and they are NOT an angel company.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:25 AM   #85
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2009700View Post
Hi, this is Treehouse Stamps. ) We have an open angel policy too! Check it out here: http://www.treehousestamps.com/angelpolicy.html

Have a great day!

hugs,
Ashley
Interesting I've never heard of your company?? How did I miss that?! Now I just might have to go shopping!! What would my craft room be without some Treehouse Stamps in it! hee hee hee. Thanks for sharing!
My SCS Gallery
Old 08-06-2008, 11:28 AM   #86
Stazon Splitcoast

The Angel Company has great angel policy too
Old 08-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #87
Rubber Obsessor

Ok I've gotta ask, what if I use two images from two companies?

I have ssen handmade cards that include a photocopied sheet in the clear enveope that is a bio about the artist. I wonder if we could include this type of thing and put the companies names and website info on it as well as our info?
Old 08-07-2008, 09:34 AM   #88
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinscrapindView Post
Ok I've gotta ask, what if I use two images from two companies?
I stamp (or write) all companies' copyrights on the back of the card.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #89
Die Cut Diva

Purrs and Pants angel policy as taken from their web site:

YES, we ARE an Angel Company! This means that you are allowed to sell products that you make using our stamps (with the stipulation that you do not use any mechanical reproduction. All products that you sell with our images must be hand-stamped.)

We don't require you to put our company name on the products, but we would appreciate any word of mouth references!

Our images are officially copyrighted. This is done to protect our company becuse it prevents other companies from taking our images and selling them as their own. The copyright does NOT change our angel policy.

http://purrsandpants.com/Angel_Copyright.html
Old 08-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #90
Matboard Maniac

This is such good information!

I am curious for those of you that email a company and ask the specifics. How long do you wait for a reply before you purchase or use their product to make handmade cards and such? I emailed a company a few times and explained what I want to do with their product and to verify a couple of things. They are an angel company with a few restrictions. They never replied. That was a few months ago. I have not used their product on items I sell because of this, but I have several stamps from this company that I would love to use. Do I give up?
Old 08-07-2008, 06:49 PM   #91
Stazon Splitcoast

So if you make a card with several different stamps and some dp to sell, the back of your card has to have a listing of everything you used on it? I won't be selling my cards.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #92
Glitter Guru

Hi Robin R! Usually a company replies right away, or at least within a day. If they dont' reply in that time, I don't bother to buy their stuff.

Hi Carol Lee! I only very rarely sell cards (only by request, so probably one card every two or three months) but when I do, I put all the information on the back. Usually it is just one of those Stampin' Up copyright stamps, a Stampendous copyright stamp (one comes with each clear set), a Flourishes copyright stamp (one comes with most of their sets), etc.... and if a company doesn't have one of those stamps (like Technique Tuesday for example), I'll just write it out.

I never use DP but I never give credit for inks and cardstocks or anything else that I do use (like watercolours, embellishments, etc.)... Basically the only things I give credit for are stamped images.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #93
Matboard Maniac

Default CowTown Stamps angel policy

from the web page:
Angel Policy:
We are an Angel Company and yes you can make things to sell by only hand stamping and not altering the size or the design.

I encourage stampers who do non-card items to send me a picture of their creations to show other stampers that stamps are not just for cards. If I can share and help promote them I gladly will.

One would hope someone would ask where that stamp came from, and whoever made it (whatever it is) would share the company name.

(mods: I'm not tooting my own horn here, just wanted to comment)

my SCS gallery
Old 09-19-2008, 10:09 AM   #94
Cardstock Collector

Hi everybody!
new here) just recently got email from Basic Grey... After opening link, got funny page with login/password , have know idea what it is... May be some of you have detailed policy from BG? If so, please contact me or post it in the thread, thank you!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #95
GC1
Cardstock Collector

Lightbulb Provocraft

Looks like provocraft will be updating their angel policy for 2009 in a few weeks time. I am so hoping they will allow internet sales as I own a lot of their stamps and paper and love their scrapbooking stuff but would be nice if they had a nicer angel policy for selling times like handmade cards.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #96
GC1
Cardstock Collector

Default angel policies Making memories

According to Making Memories, they don't have an angel policy set up. Did you write to them personally? I thought they didn't allow resales
I'm glad tim holtz has one according to your list. I couldn't even find his stamp policy online at all

Quote:

Originally Posted by I love pinkView Post
I have been looking at new stamp companies and it takes a while finding them and then finding their angel policy. It would be much easier visiting stamp companies that have a good angel policy. I only like to buy from companies with a nice policy.

Great policies, no restriction:
Heidi Swapp
Making Memories
Gina K
Unity
Hampton Arts (studio G)
Tim Holtz

SU is ok, just needs stamp on back

And I know CTMH have a strict one which is why I do not buy from them

Any one know of any other stamp companies with good policies, I would love some new stamps by new companies!!

Thanks
Old 04-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #97
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by GC1View Post
Looks like provocraft will be updating their angel policy for 2009 in a few weeks time. I am so hoping they will allow internet sales as I own a lot of their stamps and paper and love their scrapbooking stuff but would be nice if they had a nicer angel policy for selling times like handmade cards.
Wow! That would be awesome if they changed it!
Old 04-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #98
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by GC1View Post
According to Making Memories, they don't have an angel policy set up. Did you write to them personally? I thought they didn't allow resales
I'm glad tim holtz has one according to your list. I couldn't even find his stamp policy online at all

Yes I emailed Making Memories, it was over a year ago but this was my reply:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in using Making Memories products in your work. We love to hear that we are creating products that you can use in your projects. Feel free to use any of our products in your projects for sale. But please remember that Making Memories products are protected by copyright laws and cannot be electronically reproduced without appropriate consent. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
makingmemories
Customer Service

1-800-286-5263

1-800-631-3103 (fax)

[email protected]
Old 04-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #99
Polyshrink Goddess

I wrote to everyone personally so that I could have a hard copy if I ever had any problems, Tim personally replied saying yes. Best thing would be to email and get your own copy so you can have it if you need it!

I still have not sold anything yet, I was just being prepared for when I was able to, so things could have changed, policies etc, because it was about a year and a half ago now!!
Old 04-04-2009, 10:39 PM   #100
Compulsive Stamper

Here's a link to The Cat's Pajamas policy: http://www.thecatspajamasrs.com/Copyright.htm

Last edited by ge1221; 04-04-2009 at 10:50 PM..
Old 04-05-2009, 06:18 AM   #101
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is a thread with MANY companies A-Z that have angel policies.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=428337
Old 04-05-2009, 07:52 AM   #102
Hardware Hotshot

Repeat Impressions (http://www.repeatimpressions.com) has a wonderful policy!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:30 AM   #103
Mad Swapper

subbing this thread for now so i can really read it later LOL
-laura s
Old 05-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #104
Embossing Fanatic

http://www.prickleypear.com they are an angel company as well.
Michelle
Old 07-20-2009, 01:38 AM   #105
Glitter Queen

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by csroyalView Post
Its equally important, I think, to know which ones do not allow sale of items made with them. Am I correct in understanding that Whippersnappers is one, as well as Stampavie. Any others? I do try to sell my cards to pay for the addiction and I don't want to do the wrong thing.
Hi!

Stampavie stamps absolutely can be used on items for resale, and indeed we have a long list of Angel Policies for each of our designers right here :

Stampavie Angel Policy

Happy stamping!

Heidi
Old 07-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #106
Cardstock Collector

Default sugarloaf angel policy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephanie BarnardView Post
Here's inque boutique's policy:
What is Inque Boutique's Angel Policy?

We do allow crafters who individually hand make finished items for resale to use our designs as long as the quantity manufactured or sold of any given design is handmade and does not exceed 200 pieces. Please credit 'Inque Boutique' somewhere on each creation. We do not allow our designs to be used in any type of mass manufacturing process, whether this be via mechanical, photographic or handmade means.
I know this quote is from over a year ago (#15), but it is the only thing I have been able to find anywhere (I have researched ALOT) relating to "Anita's".... not really sure what the difference is betw. Anita's and Inque Boutique and Sugarloaf. Any ideas on angel policy for Sugarloaf?... or website contact for this company?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #107
Glitter Queen

Close to my Heart - Angel Policy from the Consultant Manual

Angel Policy
All Close To My Heart designs are copyrighted by CTMH Co. and are protected under United States and international copyright law, which means they cannot be copied without Close To My Heart’s permission. Close To My Heart’s Angel Policy grants limited permission (a license) to purchasers of Close To My Heart stamps to create hand-stamped artwork for sale. Close To My Heart does not limit the types of hand-stamped creations that may be sold under this policy, within reasonable standards of good taste. The terms and conditions of this "Angel Policy" are outlined below:

Close To My Heart designs may only be used in the creation of original, hand-stamped artwork.

Any artwork created using Close To My Heart designs must not infringe third-party copyrighted material. The artist must accept full responsibility for his or her artwork.

No stamp design may be reproduced or copied by any means, except hand-stamping, including photocopying, computer scanning and printing, or by freehand drawing. Artwork for sale must be personally hand-stamped by the selling artist, and any mass production or use of paid workers is prohibited.

The following notice must appear on hand-stamped artwork created for resale: "Designs CTMH Co."

Completed hand-stamped artwork may be sold at craft fairs, fundraisers, retail locations, and over the Internet. In the sale of hand-stamped artwork, Close To My Heart trademarks and logos may not be used prominently or in any manner which might lead consumers to believe the hand-stamped artwork is a Close To My Heart product.

Hand-stamped artwork may not be sold in conjunction with Close To My Heart products, except in the case of charity events. The same person may not sell both hand-stamped artwork and Close To My Heart products at the same event, except in the case of charity events.

Sales may be made only in the United States (including U.S. Territories), Canada, or on U.S. military installations (as permitted).

Close To My Heart designs and images may not be used in non-Close To My Heart business logos, trademarks, or promotional materials.

Close To My Heart may amend its policies governing the use of its copyrighted designs and images, including the Angel Policy, at any time. Amendments to such policies are effective upon publication unless otherwise noted and will be posted on the official Close To My Heart website. Close To My Heart reserves the right to deny or terminate permission to use Close To My Heart designs and images with respect to any particular person.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #108
Cat
Die Cut Diva

i've got a thread in the downloads forum that includes a file with TONS of detail on the policies of many rubber stamp companies. i add to it periodically as i find posts with additional info. check here for more

my PunchPal Too | my SU! Inventory File | my Tickets Too: shown on my website
my free downloadable calendar templates here
Old 08-21-2009, 08:02 AM   #109
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by passitoninkView Post
I know this quote is from over a year ago (#15), but it is the only thing I have been able to find anywhere (I have researched ALOT) relating to "Anita's".... not really sure what the difference is betw. Anita's and Inque Boutique and Sugarloaf. Any ideas on angel policy for Sugarloaf?... or website contact for this company?
from what i've ready, Inque Boutique is a new company - with stamps designed by Stephanie Barnard. there were other posts on SCS which says stamps aren't going to be available until the end of august. stephanie has a blog... i'm sure she'll be posting info there as it becomes available.

my PunchPal Too | my SU! Inventory File | my Tickets Too: shown on my website
my free downloadable calendar templates here
Old 02-25-2011, 03:53 PM   #110
Cardstock Collector

Default Angel policy for House Mouse Stamps

You can sell cards with their stamped images, if you follow their policy. It was revised 2-11-2011.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:05 PM   #111
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindaStampsinNCView Post
You can sell cards with their stamped images, if you follow their policy. It was revised 2-11-2011.
which company? thanks
Old 02-26-2011, 02:49 AM   #112
Cardstock Collector

House Mouse stamps........
Old 04-21-2011, 10:44 PM   #113
Glitter Queen

Hi

Not sure if this has been asked already but I was curious to know if places like Unity that have no restrictions does that mean just for Unity stamps only or all the brand stamps that they sell or do the other brands that they sell belong to Unity as well?

I hope that all makes sense!

Thanks for any help you can give
PK
Old 02-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #114
Embossing Fanatic

Location: Home is where the heart is - in my fabulous new stamping room!
Default Great Thread :-D

This is an awesome thread!! Thank you for all the information. I am pretty new to this. I hope to sell my cards eventually. Right not I'm just having fun creating/playing in my new craft room.

Please check out my gallery
Old 01-21-2017, 02:27 PM   #115
Cardstock Collector

Default What about Deep Red stamps? Do they have an angel policy

I can't believe the last post to this thread was in 2008. I just joined (2017) and would love to have an updated list of what stamps can be used on cards for resale.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:34 PM   #116
Crimping Master

Some of my favorite companies with very generous Angel Policies:

Avery Elle
Policies l Avery Elle

Concord and 9th
Angel Policy - Concord & 9th

Mama Elephant
Angel Policy | Mama Elephant

My Favorite Things
Angel Policy

Papertrey Ink
https://www.papertreyink.com/angel-policy

Companies with mostly generous policies:

Altenew (some restrictions on quantity, but still pretty generous)
https://altenew.com/pages/faq

Lawn Fawn (a little less generous -- "limited in scope")
Angel Policy | Lawn Fawn

Hero Arts and Wplus9 limit quantities to about 50

The Ton asks that you e-mail them about your intention to sell products with their images

Stampin Up requires that you use one of their "licensed" stamps from a specific set to stamp the back of the card with (c) Stampin Up

You can usually find the Angel Policy for each company on its website.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:19 AM   #117
Kookie Creator

I'm not the one that asked, but thank you, Elizabeth, for your wonderful list! It's something I've been trying to look into, and you just saved me a bunch of time.
Hoboken Paper likes this post.