Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-06-2005, 07:59 PM   #41
Stazon Splitcoast

I love this place, I have have vowed to pick and choose the topics I want to read. If it seems like it is getting heated...then I am outta there. I had to learn the hard way.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:11 PM   #42
Kookie Creator

What in the world are you people talking about? I'm here every day and I don't see any DRAMA except for people making posts saying "why is there all this drama?" I can never figure out what's going on!

Somebody said MOST of the site is non-stamping issues? I must be on the wrong site cuz I don't see that at all. Read what you want and breeze past the other stuff. Don't get SUCKED in!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:28 PM   #43
Matboard Maniac

Default Hot topics

I also enjoy looking at the other sites because I'm a stay at home mom and its my way of listening how other people feel about things. If I get bored with the topics I go back into my favorite section (the Stamping section)!!!!!
Old 04-06-2005, 08:41 PM   #44
Stampin' Fool

Location: I try to live in LaLa Land, but people keep interrupting me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkhedgehog
Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
About the repetitive newbie questions. I SOOO wish people wouldn't be so lazy about posting new threads when scrolling through two or three pages of topics or running a basic search would get an answer in five minutes or less.
I think this is exactly what the OP was talking about. I was one of those guilty of asking a stupid question. Mine was "What is the dirty dozen?". I have never been on any type of forum before and had no idea how they work. I wasn't that familiar with internet acronyms, nor a lot of the stamping techniques and supplies. It probably took me a bit to realize that I could search prior posts. I didn't know what Joseph's coat was, I think I asked about that as well. Now, a couple of months later I know a lot more thanks to the wonderful women here.

I reiterate that I LOVE the patience most of us here have for newbies. I for one will always answer questions with kindness and respect. This stamping sisterhood rocks!

I always look at the Date joined that's my clue that the person is fairly new and they might be "newbies" You give them a little slack, so they can learn the ropes. When I joined SCS last summer, I was totally new to this form of chatboard software and I'm STILL learning my way around. Plus I'm new to stamping in general so I had alot of catching up to do.

Just please remember no question is dumb

Peace,
Kim
Old 04-06-2005, 08:42 PM   #45
Hardware Hotshot

I think the point Schrades is trying to make is in the last 8 months this place has really changed and not for the better. I remember when I found this site last summer it was like a family. Everyone got along and the debates where about funny things like who liked what Chia tea. I even remember an on-line birth. Keri's mom kept us up on what was going on the whole time. It seems times like that have passed and those of us who witnessed those times are saddened by it.

Now it seems, like has already been said, that some like to "debate" no matter what the topic is stamping or not.

It even seems like the old familar faces have faded into the background and are greatly missed. I know people come and go but it used to be more than people, they were friends. I very rarely even venture into the forums anymore because of what is usually going on.

I still love SU! & SCS!
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Old 04-06-2005, 08:50 PM   #46
Stampin' Fool

Location: I try to live in LaLa Land, but people keep interrupting me!
Default Re: Afraid, very afraid

Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybun
Okay...here is my first post! I have been lurking here since I signed up. I've been too afraid to post, I don't want people to turn on me the way I have seen some people get nasty I do agree, I try to stay in the postive areas and read the positive posts, get out of areas that raise my blood pressure! There is enough negativity in the world, I don't need it in my relaxing stamping hobby

I did it, my first post...now I need to get the courage to actually put up a card!

Shelly
Hey Shelly!

Here's a high-5 for you on your FIRST post!!!
Oh do the gallery thing it's fun to have your cards all in one place, and go and think WHAT WAS I THINKING when I did THAT one!!??

Kim
Old 04-06-2005, 09:03 PM   #47
Kookie Creator

Default Re: Afraid, very afraid

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimeboss
Quote:

Originally Posted by honeybun
Okay...here is my first post! I have been lurking here since I signed up. I've been too afraid to post, I don't want people to turn on me the way I have seen some people get nasty I do agree, I try to stay in the postive areas and read the positive posts, get out of areas that raise my blood pressure! There is enough negativity in the world, I don't need it in my relaxing stamping hobby

I did it, my first post...now I need to get the courage to actually put up a card!

Shelly
Hey Shelly!

Here's a high-5 for you on your FIRST post!!!
Oh do the gallery thing it's fun to have your cards all in one place, and go and think WHAT WAS I THINKING when I did THAT one!!??

Kim
Ditto to you Kim on what you said to Shelly!

Shelly-
Congrats on the "first post"!
Go for the card now! It's soooo much fun to have people admire your work....even if there's not a comment, which there almost always is...I get a kick out of seeing how many people have viewed my "creation"!! That's half the fun!
Old 04-06-2005, 09:06 PM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkhedgehog
Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
About the repetitive newbie questions. I SOOO wish people wouldn't be so lazy about posting new threads when scrolling through two or three pages of topics or running a basic search would get an answer in five minutes or less.
I think this is exactly what the OP was talking about. I was one of those guilty of asking a stupid question. Mine was "What is the dirty dozen?". I have never been on any type of forum before and had no idea how they work. I wasn't that familiar with internet acronyms, nor a lot of the stamping techniques and supplies. It probably took me a bit to realize that I could search prior posts. I didn't know what Joseph's coat was, I think I asked about that as well. Now, a couple of months later I know a lot more thanks to the wonderful women here.

I reiterate that I LOVE the patience most of us here have for newbies. I for one will always answer questions with kindness and respect. This stamping sisterhood rocks!
Never said I wouldn't continue to answer newbie questions. After all, I was once a newbie both to stamping and to SCS! It just drives me bananas when the same question is asked a dozen times in a week by five different people (yeah, you read that right), or when someone starts a thread first thing in the morning and then bumps it up a couple of times before lunch even rolls around because we didn't respond fast enough and they're in a hurry to get the answer. It's usually something that a search would tell you in less time than it took to post the question thread in the first place. I used to post regularly on a fan board for the TV show "ER", and we had the same problem over there. Some topics were raised every day, several times a day. I swear, if I saw one more post asking when season one was being released on DVD...

I'm the oldest of four -- I blame my intolerance for stupid questions on my birth order!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 04-06-2005, 09:46 PM   #49
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by schrades
holy cat and pajamas kids look where this has gone!!! this too has gone wild!!

schrades
Ops....silly us!
Old 04-07-2005, 05:42 AM   #50
Stampin' Fool

unfortunately, my post has created another "debate". I am not going to comment on it anymore because it is pointless.

Just know that some of us "Old Timers" don't post out here as much anymore, don't know if you have noticed or not. Some lurk and quietly disappear. And unfortunately we go elsewhere. This site is where I have met some of the loveliest ladies. And I will always visit this site but .....I use to be able to visit any topic and not be offended and now almost every topic is offensive. I refuse to keep bashing my head against a brick wall so it is what it is-- and parts of it are still wonderful! Sad that some of you, and you know who you are- are not seeing the big picture.

so I'll see ya when I see ya! Chow chicas!!

schrades
Old 04-07-2005, 05:55 AM   #51
Stampin' Fool

last thing--- to all you newbies there are no stupid questions!! none no matter how many times they are asked!!

schrades
Old 04-07-2005, 06:16 AM   #52
Matboard Maniac

I appreciate all of you so much! I have been a member of this site for a while now. I have always felt this site is an inspiration for us all. The members who can overlook the Hot topics are a truely wonderful group of ladies who know how to handle themselves in any situation. I thank you and hope I can do the same and set the example for our newbies!!!