Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-27-2007, 11:39 AM   #41
Pearl-ExPert

Here is mine. I cased from the gallery-- someone had done this in River Rick, Always Artichoke, and Gold paper and EP. I couldn't find my gold, plus I needed to show "glitter window" to my clubs. So I used what I had and am very pleased with it. I do wish I would remember to write down people's names though to give credit!!!
Attached Thumbnails
glitter-window-angel.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #42
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by julia_sView Post
Here is mine. I cased from the gallery-- someone had done this in River Rick, Always Artichoke, and Gold paper and EP. I couldn't find my gold, plus I needed to show "glitter window" to my clubs. So I used what I had and am very pleased with it. I do wish I would remember to write down people's names though to give credit!!!
That is gorgeous!!!!
Old 11-27-2007, 12:27 PM   #43
Cardstock Collector

I just need to say that I am new here, and have spent most of the day in absolute awe over what you talented ladies have done!! These cards are so beautiful, you should be so proud of yourselves!! My cards are started, I have one done!!! But at least I know what it will look like! If I can figure out how to upload a picture I will. Thanks for all the inspiration!!
Old 11-27-2007, 01:14 PM   #44
Gallery Gazer

I've made several, unfortunately I haven't uploaded any of them. However, I used:
Holy family stamp of the Holy Triptych set, stamped in brown on "straw" paper, embossed in clear, and did the aging thing around the edged, cut in oval, matted on medium brown, and placed on maroon or green caardstock.

Then I cased the Archivers "dove" card, part of their glistening greeting collection. Except I couldn't afford the shimmer stock, so I used Bazzill blue and grey. Also I didn't purchase the watercolor paper for the dove, just used plain white cs and Tombow markers. Did learn to use a glue pad w/prisma glitter; it wasn't as messy as I envisioned!

On the table now, is the "joy" card, also part of Archiver's glistening greeting collection. Again, I didn't use the shimmer paper, but some glossy gold from my stash. I didn't purchase the silver shimmer either, but will use grey cs. Here's my reasoning, you only see a 1/4 of the grey so why spend .79 p/sheet for a 1/4"? I'm going to experiment on the grey cs w/a silver leafing pen. My thought is, why not draw a 1/4 line around the edge of the grey, the gold is layered on top, so who is gonna figure out what I did?

Next is another case from Archivers, the snowman card. My twist is to make the snowman a slider.

Finally another from Archivers is the snowflake card, Archivers used 2 different shades of lavender shimmer along w/white shimmer. I changed the colors to shades of blue and white.

Probably won't get all of these done, but it's fun to dream and plan.

Last year I made a hundred cards for the office, all the same design, a Xmas tree on the front of either green or red cs, the tree was either embossed in white, gold or silver and I used two or three different sentiments inside. Sounds fast right?, wrong using white embossing powder on a dark cs is a pain, lots of dust buster used last year.
So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. 1 Cor 10:31
Old 11-27-2007, 01:59 PM   #45
Matboard Maniac

I just posted a bunch of my *rejects* on my blog (link below). It's always a process... LOL!!!

Check out my blog: http://www.jenstamps.com
Old 11-27-2007, 02:44 PM   #46
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllenD.View Post
I've gotta' get mine up loaded. I've gone every month since August and made 12 cards with my SU' demo. I also bought a stamp set (or so) and made more. So far I have made 120 cards, but the dogs ate 2. I don't even know 120 people! I don't know what I'll do with the extras.
I just sent some to Jackie (goupher on SCS) in Afghanistan. Now I need to work on my own!

My blog: http://cardsbydorothy.blogspot.com/

Old 11-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #47
Stazon Splitcoast

I have made a few - similar but different. I liked this stamp from Santa Rosa - bought it last summer and now have struggled to use it for SIMPLE cards! I am going to try to do a dozen or so a day for the rest of the week. I don't mind mass production - but I need DH to help with all those corner punches.

Old 11-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #48
Pearl-ExPert

A blank paper so far -- I have yet to decide on a design. I'm so far behind.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:20 PM   #49
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by etsdasView Post
I have made a few - similar but different. .
I forgot the link:
Here it is

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...00&ppuser=2873

Old 11-27-2007, 03:21 PM   #50
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by aunt sallyView Post
mine are still very much in the pipeline....so behind this year havnt even decided yet,oh dear!!
Oh, goody! Someone else without a clue!
My blog:
The Crooked Stamper
Dear spell-checker, "bling" is SO a word. Pffth.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #51
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenpeelView Post
I just posted a bunch of my *rejects* on my blog (link below). It's always a process... LOL!!!
Can I have those rejects please??

I have to say I cry every time I check on Ellie and the family....they are so strong. I wonder--would it be OK to send you a card or two to pass on to them?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:42 PM   #52
Hardware Hotshot

I can never decide on just one design and I get bored if I make that many of the same so I do them in batches. This week I've challenged myself to make 6 a day. I have Sunday and Monday's posted on my blog (link in my signature)

I'm on my way home now but plan to use the color challenge from today for my cards tonight.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #53
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by julia_sView Post
Can I have those rejects please??

I have to say I cry every time I check on Ellie and the family....they are so strong. I wonder--would it be OK to send you a card or two to pass on to them?
Julia - Yes please do!!! Several people have asked about them and asked what they can do. I'll PM you!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Check out my blog: http://www.jenstamps.com
Old 11-27-2007, 05:55 PM   #54
Mad Swapper

I'm using Merry and Bright but have only made a few. They're just for close families and friends who appreciates home made cards and we don't have many. So I only have a little bit to catch up. The rest are picture cards. I will be designing some and printing them locally, just waiting for my high res. CD from the photographer. Yes, I bought copyright for one of the photos and will be buying more rights when I get to doing my digital scrapbooking from that series: http://goodmanphoto.exposuremanager.com/g/wilders.

Happily designing for WPlus9 and CSS stamps, Waltzingmouse sketch, Scarlet Lime kit club, and the Digichick Card Caravan