Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #41
Hardware Hotshot

The cards I have made my mom are framed and hanging in her bathroom. So far there are only two..LOL!! She even wanted to buy a frame to give to my cousin along with the card I made for her to give to her. Isn't it just like a mom to want to show of all your work. Sticking it to the fridge is the way I do it!! Apparently mine looks good in the bathroom!!!! Is that good or bad LOL!!!
I'm an {ippity} chick...want some??
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #42
Rubber Obsessor

Talking

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulesianaView Post
My mom keeps them for eternity (not a huge compliment--she also saves peanut butter jars and margarine tubs).

My MIL however, I think pitches immediately. I was at her home over the Fourth and she still had all of her birthday cards displayed but mine (the gift card dh gave her was displayed, though).

To her credit, she is a great MIL. Generous and caring. Crafting is just not her thing. So, next year dh can go to Hallmark--I hear they have cards
LOL My mom does the same thing! But she keeps the butter tubs out of sight and puts my cards on display in her living room.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:57 AM   #43
Pearl-ExPert

Hi, everyone! I keep "lurking" and learning new stuff and this is only my 2nd post, but I had to add my experiences, too!
My aunt likes to send us "homemade" cards - that she prints out on her computer with a little B&B on the back (Bill & Betty). BUT, when my mom gifted her with a box of handmade card for Christmas last year....we don't think she's used a single one! Guess she likes her own better!
On another note, I send birthday cards to my BFs mom and her BF and it's now a competition between them as to which one will receive a better card!
I'd say the rest are thrown away....but, hey, I make them because I enjoy it!!
Old 09-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #44
Glitter Guru

I have a template for a paper easel I try to send with my cards. They can display them if they want. Last year I sent a card every 2 weeks to friends of mine (15 total) that are still teaching (I am retired) and this year they went right back up on their bulletin boards. I was very flattered.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:23 AM   #45
Inking Addict

I have NO idea if anyone keeps my cards actually! I know my parents display theirs until the next holiday, but beyond that... no clue. I keep all the homemade cards I get... for ideas, or to steal embellishments or paper scraps! LOL! Non homemade cards get tossed almost immediately. I have a small space so no room to display cards, and no interest in keeping cards that had no real thought put into them... I DO keep them if they have a great poem, or neat style I'd like to steal... or a handwritten personal sentiment.

The cards I've given DH? I keep them, he doesn't even know I do. LOL!

Frugal Shopper Canada
Old 09-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #46
Polyshrink Goddess

I know my mom and my MIL and my grandmother in law saves my cards. My mom displays them, and then files them for ideas later. My MIL will set out old handmade cards ON the christmas tree every year. My grandmother in law will always tell my MIL how much she likes my cards, so I will send her one here and there. As for everyone else, I don't expect them to keep and cherish them forever, but do like when they acknowledge the fact that I took time to make the card for them, which makes it stand out from bought cards.
In my opinion, any card takes a selfless thought. You have to take time to make or buy it, write in it, and send it/deliver it. I actually have almost ALL of my birthday cards from everyone for every year, xmas cards from family and close friends from years past, get well cards from all my surgeries/operations throughout childhood, handwritten notes, etc. I love to go back and look at them and cherish the memories of getting them.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:07 PM   #47
Mad Swapper

I keep every card I get...handmade or not. And I kind of assumed everyone did...I guess I'm just a sentimental girl (yes, I keep ticket stubs and such as well). My DH keeps every card I've given him, even the little post-it ones! I really don't know what everyone else does with them, so I'm just going to pretend that they all save them, too.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #48
Rubber Obsessor

OMG Meg, I was thinking of doing that same thing! It isn't that I think my creations are so wonderful that they should be kept or re-used, but I would like to encourage recycling when possible! I'm okay with the work being thrown away, I'm just not okay with the idea of that paper going to the landfill!

Fantastic idea!
Jackbuilt
Old 09-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #49
Stampin' Fool

I read this somewhere else, but if you'd like for the cards you make to be recycled, leave them blank on the inside, write a note on a post it and attach it to the inside of the card you made rather than write to that person. this way if the person who gets it wants to send it to someone else they can do the same. Who knows your card can travel the world!
Old 09-26-2008, 02:36 PM   #50
Stazon Splitcoast

My sisters are stampers too so they keep them. My mom recently said she is going to send some of the older ones back so I can reuse for soldier cards. She just doesnt want to pitch any of them.
She is so sweet.
Blessings.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:11 PM   #51
Embossing Fanatic

Default I know some people toss them but I also had

one lady tell me she keeps the Christmas cards I send and every year makes tags out of them. Made me feel good. Jaime