Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-11-2004, 02:20 PM   #41
Embossing Fanatic

Default Quickutz

Hey! Where do you get Quickutz for 30% off? Just wondering. I love my Sizzix and I cant wait to get a xyron! I just signed up to be a demo and I am hoping that I will still find occasion to use my sizzix dies. I figure that when I sell my cards I could include sizzix die cuts in them and use SU only for demo-ing.

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."
-Les Brown
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-11-2004, 02:30 PM   #42
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm a demo & buy anything & everything at AC Moore, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, & Ben Franklin's on sale &/or w/ a coupon because let's face it, so do my customers! I usually don't buy too much stuff that isn't SU! I talked my local office supply store into buying mono refills & selling them for $2.79 ea.! I buy Wal-Mart White CS because I need a ton & the quality is good enough unless you are watercoloring.

I made the 20K sales last yr & it was all fine & well: I got a free stamp from SU! - one I had JUST bought a mo before- Elegant Ornaments & a pin & I think a certificate. My upline sweetly gave me any stamp I wanted for $25. That's it, so saving at the local stores whenever possible is WAY worth it! At workshops, I show SU! products only, but I feel guilty trying to encourage them to buy things like heat guns, cutters, crimpers & esp. our meager selection of watercolor pencils, when they can obviously get them 40% cheaper, w/o shipping & handling! My loyalty is stedfast in stamps, inks, markers, & CS & they know when they leave that's what makes SU! very unique.

I can't get enough of those cool MM products & I LOVE ribbon & books/magazines!
Old 08-11-2004, 05:26 PM   #43
Rubber Obsessor

AGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Nicole your are right, my Fiskars paper trimmer from Michael's does cut CS 1/8 of an inch off. Here I was all proud of getting such a great deal......oh well I guess I have to make a trip back to the store for a refund. Has anyone had the same trouble with one from SU? I need to place customer order on Friday so I may just order it. Thanks for the tip Nicole!!
Old 08-11-2004, 05:52 PM   #44
Gabfest Goddess

Juddaca,
You are a woman after my own heart! You and I think so much alike, it's scary! I don't think I've ever disagreed with any of your opinions...that's more than I can say for my husband! He and I never agree on anything! And we've been married for 38 years!
Elaine
Old 08-11-2004, 06:40 PM   #45
Polyshrink Goddess

Just an FYI... Michaels, JoAnn's, and Beverly's will not only accept competitor’s coupons; they will also accept the weekly sales ad prices from the other stores.

Lastly, if you go to Joann’s website you can sign up to receive additional store and on-line coupons. Talk about convenience all you have to do is push print and you have a store coupon.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:16 PM   #46
Hot Mess

Default my buys

I buy sizzix and making memories brand things. I also buy stamping magazines with my coupns. I need all the ideas I can get!

Amy "Pro" K.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:57 PM   #47
Kookie Creator

I just used a Michael's coupon for the first time today. (It was probably only my 3rd time ever in the store!) I bought the Cropper Hopper work station to organize my 12x12 paper for scrapbooking. I had been looking around for a good container to hold paper that I could close b/c I scrap in the basement. Lots of people have had good things to say about it. But it made it a lot easier to justify the purchase with the 40% off coupon I just signed up to be a demo, so I am going to try to buy SU when I can...unless it is really makes better sense to go with the coupon. Then I can use the money I will save on more stamps! ~ Maria
Old 08-11-2004, 08:15 PM   #48
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

The Aquapainters we sell are not made by Niji. They are made by Pentel and are different than the Niji ones (I have the Niji ones, so yes I have compared the actual brushes). The Aquapainters have a larger water reservoir with a more ergonomic design..it's easier to hold. It's easier to fill. The water seems to come out at a much more moderate rate than the Niji ones. I have both and I like the Aquapainters better.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 08-12-2004, 02:14 AM   #49
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I forgot to add to my first post, I used a 50% coupon at Michaels recently for a 12x12 accordian c/s and paper holder. I was using those plastic Stampin Up craft keepers for ALL my 12x12 things, and they were getting dog eared. This sits near my desk or workstation, and keeps not only the Specialty Paper but Cardstock and several of the templates that are too big to fit elsewhere. (Like the Plaid Maker, and some of the Paper Saving Templates.) I put labels on every section to keep them all separated by name, so if I'm going somewhere and need the "Sweet" set of papers, I can easily take them out and slide them in the Stampin Up Craft Keepers, but they all stay safe and sound together when they're "home." I also purchase at JoAnn or Michael's (but NOT with a coupon!!) the Fun Foam, when it's on sale!! It's pretty cheap and when they have a good sale it's nice to stock up for when I make those Shaker, Gel, or Window Cards!!
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Old 08-12-2004, 06:10 PM   #50
Polyshrink Goddess

I like your detailed info., Jan! I feel like you're Consumer Reports for SU! I will ask you if I have Q?'s about these new-fangled paintbrushes! I hope they improve my watercoloring technique, because I could use the help!