Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2018, 10:39 AM   #1161
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperann View Post
Crop-a-Dile, Stamp-a-Majig, stampin wheels (both regular and jumbo sizes), washi tape (never sticks and stays for me!). The one thing I regret spending so much money on is...stickers! For awhile, I had them everywhere! You name it, I had it. From alphabet to a million different colors and shapes and sizes and activity...I had a sticker (or 10!) for it. Finally one day I unloaded a whole bunch on my son's elementary school and the rest went to a place that stocks after school programs and art classes for kids. It was very freeing to do this!

Believe it or not, I still use my CM Cutting System from time to time when I need a different shape that my dies just can't do. I don't think I will ever part with that.

Never really got into the whole brads/eyelet thing.

Great thread to see resurrected!
When I first got my Cropadile, it was because I had a lot of eyelets and never used them because it was so hard to set those little stinkers. Once I got the Cropadile I made it a point to use the eyelets and now I love eyelets again. Well, I don't actually love them, but at least I use them. I used them on tags but also in the corners of card mats or sentiments. I also use my CM cutting system every now and again, when I need a circle or oval size that my dies don't cut. I resisted buying a Big Shot for years, and now that I have one my CM cutting system is gathering dust for the most part.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
pepperann and hoptownracer1 like this post.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:41 AM   #1162
Matboard Maniac

AWK!! I think most of us regret all those piles of stickers that we bought way back when. I keep finding more sheets of stickers every time I go through my stash, even though I've given away a ton to my granddaughters, the senior center, the neighborhood school, and even sold them at a garage sale.I've tried using them in creative ways by sanding and inking them, or making backgrounds with layered papers and stamping but they still look too much like stickers.
pepperann likes this post.
Old 04-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #1163
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

I like to use stickers on envelopes for a little extra fun factor.

I still use my Crop-a-Dile and wouldn't like not to have it. DH used it and some old WRMK hardware to improve a pair of motorbike boots just recently.
pepperann and hoptownracer1 like this post.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:15 AM   #1164
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois Marge View Post
I couldn't even give my crimper away! I finally put it with a bag of other stuff for Goodwill.
Just an FYI if you still have the crimper. I love to use it in place of ribbon. I crimp a thin piece of paper as an accent on a card and it looks lovely.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:23 AM   #1165
Mad Swapper

Well, I beat the black gel pen on paper the other night, rolled the ball pen tip sideways on the paper to rub off dried ink, and put a lighter under for just a few seconds to loosen the ink in the pen, and it started working again! Took a lot of effort, but was worth it. Hooray!!! Now I only have to do that maybe thirty more times, lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoptownracer1 View Post
Gel pens! I just tried some of mine out, and I bet 99 percent of them are dryed up. I can try beating the tip on paper and see if that helps. (Not right now, hubby is sleeping! lol.) And the funny thing is that two inexpensive little sets *one was Hello Kitty, have held up better than the more expensive ones. I think a lot of my Glaze ones have dried up, but some of my Jelly Roll ones are still working. I bet I am going to be pitching a lot of dried up pens!
I probably bought too many markers and too many stickers. But I love markers, and stickers are so tempting!
Sociologystreet and jukie like this post.