Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-03-2016, 06:14 AM   #1081
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayInFLView Post
I can beat both of you lovely ladies because I bought a Cricut and a LOT of cartridges, took classes, bought a Gypsy and still couldn't get the darn thing figured out. Gave that to my DIL and bought a Silhouette because I thought that would be easier to use and justified it by thinking of all the money I would "save" by not buying metal dies - you can guess how that is working.. I do feel pangs of guilt everytime I buy another set of dies though, so there's that....
I do use my electronic cutters, but I can beat all three of you, lol. I too went for the Cricut, lots of cartridges, gypsy, the whole 9 yards. I boycotted them and went through a number of machines searching for just the right one. Today I'm down to the new KNK Force (amazing and versatile), Cameo (love it), Scan N Cut (fussy cutting), and a Cricut Air. I didn't buy the Cricut Air, my daughter decided I neened it to use the cartridges I spent a good portion of her inheritance on, lol! Plus, I love and buy dies! IMHO the end result one gets with a die electronic machines just can't match. My regret is buying all the Pan Pastel sets, and finding the true brights and metallic sets are the sets I use most.
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
KayInFL and StamperDea like this post.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:13 AM   #1082
Proud Fan Club Member

I've another regret, my brain is still waking up. You'll probably be shocked, but add Copics to my list. I love watercolors and regret purchasing all the Copics and refills, highly overrated IMHO. I still use them, but with so many options not nearly as much as I did at one time.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:33 AM   #1083
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayInFLView Post
I can beat both of you lovely ladies because I bought a Cricut and a LOT of cartridges, took classes, bought a Gypsy and still couldn't get the darn thing figured out. Gave that to my DIL and bought a Silhouette because I thought that would be easier to use and justified it by thinking of all the money I would "save" by not buying metal dies - you can guess how that is working.. I do feel pangs of guilt everytime I buy another set of dies though, so there's that....
You ladies are opposite of me. When I lost my housing and had to sell everything I sold my cricut and cartridges. Now that I'm back financially I totally regret selling my beautiful expression! Now I have to buy everything all over again! LOL
Old 06-03-2016, 11:57 AM   #1084
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinGalzView Post
You ladies are opposite of me. When I lost my housing and had to sell everything I sold my cricut and cartridges. Now that I'm back financially I totally regret selling my beautiful expression! Now I have to buy everything all over again! LOL
So sorry to hear that happened to you, that had to be devastating. Hope things are better now, and you continue to rebound.
I'll have to admit the Cricut Air is a pretty nice machine. I won't be buying any additional cartridges. I do think their monthly charge to use images is a ripoff, because everything I see that I like comes with an additional charge. I think you'd really like the Cricut Air.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #1085
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnecardsView Post
So sorry to hear that happened to you, that had to be devastating. Hope things are better now, and you continue to rebound.
I'll have to admit the Cricut Air is a pretty nice machine. I won't be buying any additional cartridges. I do think their monthly charge to use images is a ripoff, because everything I see that I like comes with an additional charge. I think you'd really like the Cricut Air.
Things are much better now thanks. I'm actually looking at the create on a CL ad for only 75 with 4 carts. I dont have alot of room (I basically live in a doll house) and the whole gotta sign up and pay with the new cricuts burns my cookies cause almost everything i like is extra

I just want something right now for the interim until i figure out where i want to go with the cricut.
Annecards likes this post.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:12 PM   #1086
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappinGalzView Post

I regret buying the Cricut, cartridges and everything that goes with it. I used it once.

Tina -- I'm going to be selling all of my Cricut stuff. Let me know if you'd like a list of what I have.

Last edited by mommyof2; 06-03-2016 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: wording
Old 06-04-2016, 04:30 AM   #1087
Die Cut Diva

Oh my goodness!! Whenever I see this thread I think I replied to it about a year ago. I had to search and search for my comment. It was in 2009!

Hahaha! Time flys when you're having fun!
jukie likes this post.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #1088
Embossing Fanatic

I regret buying the Sizzix Eclips Machine. I did use it a few times, but not $300 worth of times. I recently bought the Silhouette Cameo 2 and justified that by saying I will use it to cut stamped images, which I have. I promised myself I will use it A TON. We'll see.

I bought a Zutter Bind It All years ago and have never used it.

Stickers. I never use them because I think they will make my card look tacky even though when used properly they could look nice.

OH! And Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers. SO MAD about that those. I spent over $100 collecting and them and half of them dried up within a few months.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:37 PM   #1089
Stampin' Fool

I regret buying the Tim Holtz crayons. I don't like them at all.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:00 PM   #1090
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by intoxicatingartsView Post
I regret buying the Sizzix Eclips Machine. I did use it a few times, but not $300 worth of times. I recently bought the Silhouette Cameo 2 and justified that by saying I will use it to cut stamped images, which I have. I promised myself I will use it A TON. We'll see.

I bought a Zutter Bind It All years ago and have never used it.

Stickers. I never use them because I think they will make my card look tacky even though when used properly they could look nice.

OH! And Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers. SO MAD about that those. I spent over $100 collecting and them and half of them dried up within a few months.
If you still have the markers, they can be revitalized with denatured alcohol. I've fixed all of mine this way and they work great now. Here's a link:

[URL="[url]

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
stamping_crazy and hoptownracer1 like this post.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:39 AM   #1091
Embossing Fanatic

[QUOTE=buggainok;21252785]If you still have the markers, they can be revitalized with denatured alcohol. I've fixed all of mine this way and they work great now. Here's a link:

[URL="[url][url]
Thank you! I will have to give that a try. I tried dipping the nib in alcohol and you can probably guess how well that worked, lol. I just had this super watered down looking color. I hate wasting money and I keep getting tempted to buy Copics and then think how dumb that would be when I already bought all of those other alcohol markers.
hoptownracer1 likes this post.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:48 AM   #1092
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheermomView Post
I regret buying the Tim Holtz crayons. I don't like them at all.
Try them on Glossy Paper with a stencil. I saw this video the other day from Studio SN and it's one of the few techniques I've seen done with them that actually impressed me!

cheermom, hoptownracer1, flmom and 1 others like this post.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:49 AM   #1093
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

[quote=intoxicatingarts;21253222]
Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
If you still have the markers, they can be revitalized with denatured alcohol. I've fixed all of mine this way and they work great now. Here's a link:

[URL="[url][url][url][url]http://youtu.be/9_oK1qqZ34E[/url]

Thank you! I will have to give that a try. I tried dipping the nib in alcohol and you can probably guess how well that worked, lol. I just had this super watered down looking color. I hate wasting money and I keep getting [COLOR="Red"[COLOR="Red"]]tempted to buy Copics and then think how dumb that would be when I already bought all of those other alcohol markers.[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

Copics are refillable and tips can be replaced also. Just something to think about.

I have seen these threads about revitalizing markers. I just don't understand. If there is no ink in the marker, how can dipping the nip in denatured alcohol work???? Just my thoughts, can someone explain???
buggainok likes this post.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:32 AM   #1094
Embossing Fanatic

[quote=lesliespringer;21253252]
Quote:

[/COLOR]

Copics are refillable and tips can be replaced also. Just something to think about.

I have seen these threads about revitalizing markers. I just don't understand. If there is no ink in the marker, how can dipping the nip in denatured alcohol work???? Just my thoughts, can someone explain???
Mine were brand new. I only used a few of them before they dried out. So I'm assuming the dye or whatever is still in there and we're just revitalizing that with the alcohol.
buggainok likes this post.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:19 PM   #1095
Forum Fanatic

It's better to use 90%+ ethanol for Copics. The clear blending solution is 91%.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:14 PM   #1096
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Try them on Glossy Paper with a stencil. I saw this video the other day from Studio SN and it's one of the few techniques I've seen done with them that actually impressed me!

Thanks for showing this you tube video. I am going to try this soon!!!
hoptownracer1 and flowerpetal like this post.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:02 PM   #1097
Proud Fan Club Member

I'd be curious to see if someone counted the answers here what the stats would be.
Old 06-08-2016, 04:10 PM   #1098
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
I'd be curious to see if someone counted the answers here what the stats would be.
With 1097 posts in almost an 8 year period, I could guess
Old 06-08-2016, 05:43 PM   #1099
Crimping Master

I've gotten rid of almost everything I don't use. Styles change. I no longer use eyelets or ribbon or actually any embellishment besides google eyes, rain drops, and sequins. Got rid of crimpers, many punches and those scissors that cut patterned edges.

Pearl Ex was mentioned a lot. If you like sparkly spray Pearl Ex can be mixed with water and gum arabic. You can google a video and mix those powders up and make sparkly sprays. You can do it with Perfect Pearls also without adding the gum arabic- tsp. to 4oz of water. A bottle of gum arabic is about 15. at an art store but it lasts forever. Recipe is 1 tsp. gum arabic, 3 tiny scoops of Pearl Ex and fill a small mister bottle with water (I use distilled because we have hard water). Put a bead in the bottom of the mister and shake well each time you use. Some use a little more gum arabic. There are bunches of recipes if you google.
weloveour3sons likes this post.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #1100
Glitter Guru

I'm saving your Pearl Ex info for someone. I bet it will be very useful - thank you.

I'm curious about the ribbon destash. I was at a make-n-take yesterday. Two ribbons - a thin one on top of a thicker one - formed a stripe on the card on which an embossed and colored black inchie sat. (The ribbon was adhered to the back of the card, which was adhered onto another.)

It made me decide to buy some ribbon, which until yesterday, I have barely used. : ) The LSS sells ribbon by the foot or yard, though, so I won't be inundated.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:58 AM   #1101
Crimping Master

I still like ribbon but anything with bows on it is hard to send through the mail successfully. I tend to use different colors of twine more now. I still use ribbon for some tags and bookmarks. I think though that ribbons that form a stripe would be pretty and wouldn't add bulk. I
Old 06-09-2016, 05:26 AM   #1102
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryalenaView Post
I still like ribbon but anything with bows on it is hard to send through the mail successfully. I tend to use different colors of twine more now. I still use ribbon for some tags and bookmarks. I think though that ribbons that form a stripe would be pretty and wouldn't add bulk. I
I figured you'd have a good reason - thank you!
Beth
Old 06-10-2016, 10:09 PM   #1103
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin' AnnieView Post
I'm enjoying this thread. Everyone's tastes are so different.

My regrets:
A couple of SU sets
SU wheels & ink cartridges
Watercolor Wonder crayons
paper crimper
fibers
beads
I agree the paper crimper was a waste, used it only a few times. The SU wheels were a total waste, but I cut the stamps off the wheels. They make beautiful backgrounds now thanks to my MISTI.
LMstamps and wavejumper like this post.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:54 AM   #1104
Glitter Guru

38 pages of regrets. Gee, put us all in one big room; what a swap that would be!

Beth
Old 06-12-2016, 08:19 PM   #1105
Mad Swapper

Smile

I bought that stapler that used bright colored staples, also a crimper. They got Goodwill donated. I also bough some SU in colors, never used, gave those away.
Old 06-14-2016, 02:05 PM   #1106
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I can't think of any specific product that I regret buying. There are some things that I use a lot more than others. But I do appreciate having those rarely-used tools and supplies when I need them.

What I do regret is stocking up and hoarding my supplies. I'd find an amazing paper I love, buy multiples and then not use it because I wouldn't have it anymore. Or I'd reach for a stamp set that inspires me, then put it back because it's retired and I couldn't link to it on my blog.

I'm focusing now on using my stash and not worrying about what's in stock (or in trend) and what isn't. And I'm sooooooooooo much happier! I wish I'd figured this out much sooner.
Old 06-14-2016, 03:04 PM   #1107
Stazon Splitcoast

[quote=lesliespringer;21253252]
Quote:

[/COLOR]

I know Copics are wonderful markers, but my budget (and frugal nature) just won't let me buy them, when I can get Spectrum Noir markers for such a reasonable price. Consumer Crafts has them on sale frequently. The last time I got 24 markers on sale for only $25.00. That is enough of a saving for me to fiddle with revitalizing them with alcohol! And the newer styles don't seem to dry out like the original ones did.

I think when they go "dry" it is to do with the container not being air tight, not that the ink has been used up, so the alcohol works to get the ink going again.

Old 06-14-2016, 03:06 PM   #1108
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreativeCardseaView Post

What I do regret is stocking up and hoarding my supplies. I'd find an amazing paper I love, buy multiples and then not use it because I wouldn't have it anymore.
I do this same thing with paper that I love. It makes absolutely no sense and I'm trying to break myself of being this irrational.

Old 06-14-2016, 05:57 PM   #1109
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm with you, like what I have and don't really regret buying. . . just need to use it!! The irrational, "I won't have it anymore if I use it!", comes to mind. . . I too am focusing on what I have on hand (sometimes just desk top) and using more of it. . .after all, if I like the dsp, doesn't it stand to reason someone would like to receive a card with some on it???!! I keep learning new ways to use some of my stash from the wonderful sharing ladies here. . .Fun thread!
Old 06-25-2016, 04:31 PM   #1110
Embossing Fanatic

I really regret having bought a Silhouette years ago - used it a few times and then never again.

The Fuse tool was also one of those nonsense purchases.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:55 PM   #1111
Die Cut Diva

Another thing I regret buying. Seam binding to use as ribbon. I bought White and Cream colors . I didn't just buy a couple of small packages from the fabric store to try it . No , I bought the 100 yard bolts of Hug Snug seam binding .

I do not like the shabby wrinkled look so it escapes me why I thought the wrinkled seam binding would be a good idea
I must have seen a card I liked that used it .
grateful2bsaved, sheabella and StamperDea like this post.
Old 06-25-2016, 05:54 PM   #1112
Proud Fan Club Member

I love seam binding Barbara! But I got lucky and got my 100 yard rolls for .10 at a thrift store! I bought four or five colors!

Daily Scripture Thread

Isaiah 26:3. You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Alpha list. https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...262-post1.html
grateful2bsaved likes this post.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:00 AM   #1113
Inking Addict

Thumbs up Thrilled to find this thread!

OK, I need to rant for a bit!

One of my frustrations with self is, I see a project I love and purchase the supplies if I don't have them. I may make a card or two and then I don't use it again or I may never make the project at all.

There are also too many things I want to do. I don't really have a niche that I would say is "me". I like to try a lot of things. - Card making, scrapbooking, mixed media journals, Bible journaling, Geli plates, watercoloring, Tim Holtz type stuff, copic coloring... I buy supplies but never really get immersed in it. If that makes sense. Like Tim Holtz loves vintage and distress. I listened to him on some youtube thingy. He said He enjoys looking at other forms of papercrafting but knows it is not him. Me - I see all these different forms and want to try them ALL and of course have to purchase the supplies to do them. And here we go again!
Ebay has been good to re-coop some of the cost.

Regrets:
Stamp Sets - I just keep going through them and reselling them on Ebay
Project Life sets - I have enough sets to do HUNDREDS OF PAGES! And I can't even complete one album!
Patterned Paper - Why do I keep buying it because it is pretty? I very rarely use it in my projects!
Distress Crayons - but after seeing that video, I will give it another try.

Oh, and one other thing that frustrates me about self, lol - When I see a project I LOVE, instead of looking at what I have and recreating it using my supplies my MIND says "You have to have this...stamp set, or ink, or paper, or tool to do this project. and I buy it!
A quick example. My daughter (15) and I were water coloring together. I'm taking a class online and she is just doing it. She wants to splatter some paint on her project. I say - "I have the perfect splatter tool from Tim Holtz for you to use!" She says "I can just use this paint brush (old brush that has been cut with scissors!!) or I could use an old TOOTH BRUSH and do the same thing (and she shows me how she would do it). ARE YOU KIDDING ME I THINK TO MYSELF. I BOUGHT THIS TOOL AND YOU ARE JUST AS HAPPY WITH YOUR CUT UP PAINT BRUSH!!!!! I need a Starbucks Frap to calm down after that one. Humbled to the core.lolol Her project turned out beautifully - Me - I'm still figuring out how to watercolor and not enjoying it too much at the moment.

My dad always told me to "not take myself too seriously and always keep my sense of humor" so, I will laugh at self and "just keep swimming". Will keep trying to control impulse spending, try and recreate projects using what I have and try to find those papercraft forms that really feed my soul! I remain hopeful and there is always EBAY of course.

Thanks for letting me rant. I feel much better and hope this thread keeps going!
Paula in GA, LMstamps, jukie and 5 others like this post.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:30 AM   #1114
Glitter Guru

Martha! I so relate to feeling like I need to buy the stamps or dies used for projects I'm drawn to. But when they arrive I don't always know what they're for. I should keep a better running list with URLs.

Coinciding with that is that sometimes after I read and watch a video of a project, it feels like I've already put in the work, so lose momentum to attempt it.

OT I find Gelatos more forgiving and easier to use than Distress Crayons. One thing I love about Gelatos is that you can blend colors when wet, but after a color dries, it's not blendable.

Example: I colored the outline/raised areas of a flower stamp with an orange Gelato. It was lightly misted with water, and stamped. (Note: you won't get a crisp, perfect look; it's more casual.) When dry, I scribbled a yellow Gelato on my craft mat, misted it and picked it up with a brush to fill in the petals. There was no bleeding/blending. I can't do that with Distress Crayons.

If I hadn't waited for the outline to dry, I could have added more colors and blended it with the outline color.

I need to check impulse buying too. This past weekend was not the place to start since I was at a Stamp & Scrapbook Expo at a local convention center!
Paula in GA and Annecards like this post.
Old 06-27-2016, 09:33 AM   #1115
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by flmomView Post

One of my frustrations with self is, I see a project I love and purchase the supplies if I don't have them. I may make a card or two and then I don't use it again or I may never make the project at all.

There are also too many things I want to do. I don't really have a niche that I would say is "me". I like to try a lot of things. - Card making, scrapbooking, mixed media journals, Bible journaling, Geli plates, watercoloring, Tim Holtz type stuff, copic coloring... I buy supplies but never really get immersed in it. If that makes sense. Like Tim Holtz loves vintage and distress. I listened to him on some youtube thingy. He said He enjoys looking at other forms of papercrafting but knows it is not him. Me - I see all these different forms and want to try them ALL and of course have to purchase the supplies to do them. And here we go again!
Ebay has been good to re-coop some of the cost.

Regrets:
Stamp Sets - I just keep going through them and reselling them on Ebay
Project Life sets - I have enough sets to do HUNDREDS OF PAGES! And I can't even complete one album!
Patterned Paper - Why do I keep buying it because it is pretty? I very rarely use it in my projects!
Distress Crayons - but after seeing that video, I will give it another try.

Oh, and one other thing that frustrates me about self, lol - When I see a project I LOVE, instead of looking at what I have and recreating it using my supplies my MIND says "You have to have this...stamp set, or ink, or paper, or tool to do this project. and I buy it!
A quick example. My daughter (15) and I were water coloring together. I'm taking a class online and she is just doing it. She wants to splatter some paint on her project. I say - "I have the perfect splatter tool from Tim Holtz for you to use!" She says "I can just use this paint brush (old brush that has been cut with scissors!!) or I could use an old TOOTH BRUSH and do the same thing (and she shows me how she would do it). ARE YOU KIDDING ME I THINK TO MYSELF. I BOUGHT THIS TOOL AND YOU ARE JUST AS HAPPY WITH YOUR CUT UP PAINT BRUSH!!!!! I need a Starbucks Frap to calm down after that one. Humbled to the core.lolol Her project turned out beautifully - Me - I'm still figuring out how to watercolor and not enjoying it too much at the moment.

My dad always told me to "not take myself too seriously and always keep my sense of humor" so, I will laugh at self and "just keep swimming". Will keep trying to control impulse spending, try and recreate projects using what I have and try to find those papercraft forms that really feed my soul! I remain hopeful and there is always EBAY of course.

Thanks for letting me rant. I feel much better and hope this thread keeps going!
No need to be sorry for putting what most feel into words! The splatter tool really caught my eye, just had to buy this supposedly tool I needed. My adult and baby toothbrushes do a much better job for me than the overpriced Tim tool. I've so much stuff it's pathetic. I had a yard sale when we sold our old house and couldn't believe I made more selling old craft equipment, storage, supplies than furniture and everything else combined. Great post, I absolutely agree!
Old 06-27-2016, 09:53 AM   #1116
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

flmom - There is hope for ending your frustration. I was the same way - see it and bought whatever I didn't have, made one and then never touched it again.

I finally decided enough was enough and made a few simple rules for myself.
  1. shop my room first - I find that I always have something close to what I need and only if it's critical to the look or effect will I buy something.
  2. My friends call me MacGyver because I remake/modify/experiment to see if I can use what I have. I'm not afraid of ruining something because more than likely I wasn't using it anyway.
  3. I've learned to laugh at my mistakes. It took the frustration away once I had a good chuckle.
I'm not completely cured as I still have weak moments but it will get better...really it will.

_________
Give the crimper a little love.

For those that don't use the crimper, consider making crimped ribbon (see pic), making your own corrugated cardboard, crimp the paper both vertically and horizontally for a nice squared embossed effect, crimp die cut flowers, clue die cut shapes to cardstock and then crimp (this is a similar effect do doing the same with an embossing folder), after crimping run a stamp pad along the edges (VersaMark is great for this effect. I;m sure there are a lot more ideas.

Crinkle ribbon - attach a piece of cardstock to your ribbon using snail or other dbl-sided tape; run ribbon through crimper; attach to card
Attached Thumbnails
apple_blossoms_old_olive_very_vanilla_by_stamphappy1650.jpg  
Old 06-27-2016, 09:56 AM   #1117
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
flmom - There is hope for ending your frustration. I was the same way - see it and bought whatever I didn't have, made one and then never touched it again.

I finally decided enough was enough and made a few simple rules for myself.
  1. shop my room first - I find that I always have something close to what I need and only if it's critical to the look or effect will I buy something.
  2. My friends call me MacGyver because I remake/modify/experiment to see if I can use what I have. I'm not afraid of ruining something because more than likely I wasn't using it anyway.
  3. I've learned to laugh at my mistakes. It took the frustration away once I had a good chuckle.
I'm not completely cured as I still have weak moments but it will get better...really it will.

_________
Give the crimper a little love.

For those that don't use the crimper, consider making crimped ribbon (see pic), making your own corrugated cardboard, crimp the paper both vertically and horizontally for a nice squared embossed effect, crimp die cut flowers, clue die cut shapes to cardstock and then crimp (this is a similar effect do doing the same with an embossing folder), after crimping run a stamp pad along the edges (VersaMark is great for this effect. I;m sure there are a lot more ideas.

Crinkle ribbon - attach a piece of cardstock to your ribbon using snail or other dbl-sided tape; run ribbon through crimper; attach to card
I thought I'd be safe in this thread. But now I want a crimper! Your card in that photo is terrific!
Old 06-27-2016, 10:07 AM   #1118
Inking Addict

Thanks for the info on gelatos I will have to get those out again!
Another example from my rant -
I have both Distress Crayons and set of Gelatos. lololol Probably could have stopped with just the Gelatos.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:10 AM   #1119
Inking Addict

Thanks for all the responses, girls!
I feel the love and acceptance.
Gonna get my MacGyver on!
jukie, stamphappy1650 and Annecards like this post.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:19 AM   #1120
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Thanks for the info on gelatos I will have to get those out again!
Another example from my rant -
I have both Distress Crayons and set of Gelatos. lololol Probably could have stopped with just the Gelatos.
I have them both too, and will probably donate the Distress Crayons or put them out at a LSS's garage sale.

Of course the Distress Crayons' colors and look fit in with other Distress products.

BTW, I'm a Project Life/documenter drop-out too. I didn't even finish an Ali Edwards "One Day in the Life" project - though I did take/print out photos, and gather everything, but if I finish it (from months ago), it will likely be the last one. Yet that day was so special!

For me, documenting equals homework. I avoided it when I could when a kid, and I'm not so different decades later. I wish I wasn't like that, but need to embrace what fits, rather than pushing what does not.

But I think that's just part of the discovery process. I don't want to avoid new experiences, because something unexpected may stick. Card making was like that; I never thought I'd like it but do.

But I need to curb the impulse buying.

Last edited by bjeans; 06-27-2016 at 10:24 AM..
Paula in GA, flmom, StamperDea and 3 others like this post.