Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-16-2009, 10:24 AM   #641
Pearl-ExPert

Bossee- I use quickcutz dies in my Big Kick, they work fine; so they should work in the Cuttlebug as well as long as you figure out the sandwich.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #642
Rubber Obsessor

So I have yet to figure out what it is that I regret buying, as I have an addiction to a)shopping, and b)anything to do with scrapbboking and card making, (but of course I have way to much stuff) why not post on here and sell to others like myself, what you no longer want? (of course, I'm thinking this in hopes that I can buy stamps, etc... from others!)

Any one else interested in this?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #643
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choc0holicView Post
This is an interesting thread. I'm glad I'm not alone in 'buyer's remorse.' The two things that pop into my head right off the bat are my ATG and blue Bind-it-all. I got a great deal on both, but the ATG just is far too awkward for my small hands and I love the Pink Bind-it-All (which I now own...got a great deal on it a few months back that I just couldn't pass up on!)
just wondering what the blue bind-it-all is and how big it is cuz maybe i might want to buy it if your interested in selling it!
Old 10-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #644
Stampin' Fool

Default clear stamps

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin granny60View Post
I will second this. I do not care for the clear stamps either. have regreted buying them.
I love clear stamps! Some are better quality than others, but I sure like using them! I do have to say, I love rubber stamps a tad bit more, but clear stamps are so versatile, easy to store and I find very easy to use. I like clear blocks to see where to position--just my kind of thing!
I use pigment inks a ton, and clear embossing powder to bring out the image, and LOVE how they turn out. I think pigment inks are best on clear stamps. But ink pads like staz-on or Archival work great too with clear stamps. Poor quality ink pads don't work well with clear stamps at all! I really like the Archival ink pads the most with clear stamps. Nice, sharp images!
However, we are all artists, and we all prefer certain things more than others! To each his/her own and have fun creating what you do best!

Old 10-17-2009, 08:28 AM   #645
Kookie Creator

I don't really regret anything. The problem is things comes in big quantity like flowers. I just need it once a while but I have to buy a whole packet. As for SU stamps I only need 1 of the stamp but have to buy the entire set. It is a waste of $$. Why can't SU just sell individual stamps. Why can't companies like Prima sell in smaller qty?
Old 10-17-2009, 01:53 PM   #646
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoyceLView Post
I don't really regret anything. The problem is things comes in big quantity like flowers. I just need it once a while but I have to buy a whole packet. As for SU stamps I only need 1 of the stamp but have to buy the entire set. It is a waste of $$. Why can't SU just sell individual stamps. Why can't companies like Prima sell in smaller qty?
I actually love that they come in sets. That used to make SU very unique, although now it seems that clear stamps all come in sets as well.
I like the SU sets because I know that I can grab a set and have images that are going to coordinate nicely.
But, they are actually selling a few stamps singly now. I think it's been for the past two catalogs, there is a page in the back with single stamps. They come in a tiny little plastic case. My two current favorites are the Dasher stamp, and a snowflake one.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:18 PM   #647
Polyshrink Goddess

If I was asked the question a few months ago I probably would have had a long list but last month I started making cards for Operation Write Home and now it seems I don't have enough of anything! There are several things I bought years ago and haven't used yet but I don't regret buying them. I more so regret not having enough time to use all the wonderful products out there and find that I buy them way faster than I'm able to use them.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:36 AM   #648
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbetView Post
Bossee- I use quickcutz dies in my Big Kick, they work fine; so they should work in the Cuttlebug as well as long as you figure out the sandwich.
Thanks for the info! I'm off to check them out! I'll find a sandwich that works and use up some of the cheap CS I have. The good thing about these practice cuts and scraps is that I'm raising to little scrappers that love them to play and decorate their own stuff with! Bonus!
Old 10-22-2009, 05:59 AM   #649
Rubber Obsessor

Default Stampin Up Dies

I was seriously thinking about buying the Big Shot...but i have the cuttlebug. Well a friend of mine has the SU Top Note Die and it works fine in my cuttlebug. The die is 5 1/2x 6 so just turn it. The cuttle bug is 6" wide. Not sure about all the SU dies, but that one is my favorite and it works great. I have also got some of the quick cut dies and they work in my cuttle bug. I hate it when companies release a new cutting machine that will only fit their dies. Well now I have been able use some of the other competitors dies in my cuttle bug.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:16 AM   #650
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by cbetView Post
Will they work in the big shot?
Old 10-22-2009, 06:22 AM   #651
ked
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I accidentally just bought ivory Flowersoft from 2 different companies, when what I really wanted was the polar white! Grr...
Old 10-23-2009, 07:07 AM   #652
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
Things I thought were way cool but tried and never really got into:

Things I think are way cool, but don't think I will use enough to justify:

Scor Pal
Prismacolor pencils

Oh, let me enable you with the Scor Pal!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Scor Pal! Especially when I'm doing a lot of cards in a sitting.
Ask for it from Santa - it's great!
Old 10-31-2009, 06:32 AM   #653
Cardstock Collector

I really regreat getting the SU CIRCLE CUTTER with GLASS MAT. I had high hopes for this tool and tried to use it quite a few times but with very little success. The paper moves around before the circle is complete, sometimes tearing. I have tried taping the paper to the mat. Nothing seems to work, but it anyone has any tips please feel free to share. It was quite abit of money. I was really bummed and now question some of the things from SU...
Old 10-31-2009, 07:01 AM   #654
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelledunphyView Post
I really regreat getting the SU CIRCLE CUTTER with GLASS MAT. I had high hopes for this tool and tried to use it quite a few times but with very little success. The paper moves around before the circle is complete, sometimes tearing. I have tried taping the paper to the mat. Nothing seems to work, but it anyone has any tips please feel free to share. It was quite abit of money. I was really bummed and now question some of the things from SU...
There is an ongong SU discussion thread on SCS. http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=461629

Maybe someone over there has some tips on how to use the cutter. I think several of the regular posters are SU demos
Old 10-31-2009, 04:15 PM   #655
Insane Embellisher

Oh, you'll LOVE your circle cutter. Buy a temp spray adhesive. Spray your glass mat lightly. The paper comes off easily, the cutter never slips and it is to die for! I cover my mat with wax paper and have only sprayed it one time. I absolutely love it now and leave it out to use all the time. Any brand works. Remember if you are going to clean your glass mat not to use alcohol, only water but I haven't had to clean it yet. Any brand of spray temp adhesive will work just fine. They are available in craft stores or online. Have fun!
Old 10-31-2009, 05:40 PM   #656
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelledunphyView Post
This is one of the items that SU franchised out . I'm not sure if that is the correct word. But, it is a company that already made a circle cutter, and SU wanted it to be in their catalog, so they had the company make one with their logo on it. The same is true of the SU punches, which I think are great! (I don't own the circle cutter.)
This is opposed to the stamps, inks, and papers, which SU does in house, I believe. So, please don't think that everything is bad just because you don't like one item! I pretty much love all of my SU stuff!!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 08:22 PM   #657
Compulsive Stamper

All the sizzix steel rule dies - I have since given them to a teacher for her classroom (she luses them to decorate with).

Score-Pal... makes nice scores and is great for cards. Trying to figure out measurements for boxes etc. is way too much work for my limited fun time. I picked up the new Martha Stewart score board witha 50% coupon at Micheals last week and have to say that I LOVE it so far - it has a score line every 1/8th inch... so easy!!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:56 AM   #658
Cardstock Collector

Thank you! I will give this a try if I can get the temp spray, I won't give up!!!
Old 11-01-2009, 04:02 AM   #659
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnewithaneView Post
This is one of the items that SU franchised out . I'm not sure if that is the correct word. But, it is a company that already made a circle cutter, and SU wanted it to be in their catalog, so they had the company make one with their logo on it. The same is true of the SU punches, which I think are great! (I don't own the circle cutter.)
This is opposed to the stamps, inks, and papers, which SU does in house, I believe. So, please don't think that everything is bad just because you don't like one item! I pretty much love all of my SU stuff!!!!
Ahh, yes I should be carefull what I say. I too LOVE most of the SU products! And I have alot of their punches and the Big Shot Machine and alot of dies as well as stamps and inks, ect...all of which I use often and enjoy! Perhaps we(my friend also has one that she is not impressed with) were not given instruction and therefore expected more. However I am new to this wonderful site...and the forums so I will be reading up on any advice given by all of the talented crafters! Thanks for taking the time to reply, take care!!!
Old 11-01-2009, 04:32 AM   #660
Pearl-ExPert

I regret the Fastenator (never staples in the right place), SU's Wheel Guide (never used it much, then unmounted all my wheels), Fiskars Shape Cutting system (I have Nesties and a Cuttlebug now), and the Cropadile (it doesn't have a long enough reach to be very useful). I'm sure there are other items, but "out of sight, out of mind"![IMG]//www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/images/icons/icon9.gif[/IMG]
Old 11-01-2009, 12:10 PM   #661
Crimping Master

Fascinator, cropadile and scorpal. Don't like the staples look and I have tools that replace the cropadile and scorpal that were cheaper and work better. I just have to find the time and energy to get all these on ebay.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #662
Matboard Maniac

Definitely regret spending the money on a Cricut! Although it is great for cutting alphabets and I do use it for that when I am scrapbooking, that's about all I've used. and I really don't do much scrapbooking any more. I don't like cut out images on my cards and prefer to use stamping for that. So much money for the cartridges and just a few images that I would ever use.

Cropadile -- just can't make it work. The instructions don't help me at all and I can't even see the letters on that little thing you're supposed to turn and use on eyelets. I just can't figure the darn thing out, frustrating.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:50 PM   #663
Crimping Master

Ok, I spent a good portion of this weekend in my craft room. There are a few things I regret:

* Copics, never use them and I really should sell them
* about 25 stamp sets, unmounted them but still haven't used them
* Cuttlebug - bought my Big Shot and now don't use it
* Slice - I have an Expression so why did I buy this cute little thing and three carts to go with it??? It works great but I never use it
* about a million Scrapworks refill pages - I loved the albums but now they don't make them and I can't find them anywhere

Most of my other regrets are gone, I have gotten more selective about my purchases over the years. I think I may need to do some listing on the BST page...

http://creativelyjen.blogspot.com/
Old 11-01-2009, 03:11 PM   #664
Compulsive Stamper

Fiskars shape cutter and templates, eyelets and manual eyelet setter. I also bought Fiskars round and scalloped squeeze punches in various sizes before purchasing my CB and nesties, but I don't regret it that much because I still use them when I want a quick punch.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:11 AM   #665
Matboard Maniac

I regret buying the "perfect setting" for the big shot....overpriced and doesn't even cut good. It's hard to get it to feed into the big shot! What a waste of money!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:36 AM   #666
Rubber Obsessor

I sometimes regret buying some things. But that is usually when I make myself start using that neglected item.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:15 AM   #667
Rubber Obsessor

My brayer, it hates me! I need to work on that relationship. Many of my Amuse stamps are just too cutsie for me. A Paper Inspirations Stamp that I cant get a clear image from no matter what I try...the etching isn't deep enough so I only get the outside of it. I should stick to what I know.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #668
Gallery Gazer

The trouble is, I don't regret buying anything. I love to buy stuff, I'm thrilled when I get a great deal somewhere, and if it turns out I don't much use something- I play the leftover pif thread and swap it out. So, I even enjoy getting rid of stuff!

I'm a hoarder, I love just HAVING a lot of the stuff. Yes, I ought to use it more, but I'm happy just having lots of toys, I guess. Sick, isn't it?

PAY IT FORWARD CONTINUES:

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21698887

Cards request for Al:
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21294892
Old 01-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #669
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainy Day StamperView Post
Not really anything I regret. I have sold a few sets that I regret selling tho.
Yeah, sadly me too. It's like letting a part of you go when you sell a set...lol
Old 01-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #670
Pearl-ExPert

I regret buying my Fastenator. The dang thing doesn't work. I could've saved the money and just bought the staples for it and did it by hand - like I do know.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #671
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwayssmilingView Post
I regret buying the "perfect setting" for the big shot....overpriced and doesn't even cut good. It's hard to get it to feed into the big shot! What a waste of money!
What's the perfect setting thing?
Old 01-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #672
Compulsive Stamper

My regrets are my Cricut and the only 3 cartridges I ever bought for it, BIA, Fiskars texture plates and watercolour pencil crayons. On the other hand, I love, love, love my ATG gun and Cuttlebug, and all my nesties!!!! My New Year's resolution is to use up a lot of the design paper and embellishments I've collected since taking up this hobby. I tend to make at least one yearly donation of items that I no longer have any intention of using to either a school program or I offer them up to someone who's just caught the bug of cardmaking/scrapbooking and doesn't have much in the way of supplies. I just look at it like cleaning out my clothes closet.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #673
Polyshrink Goddess

I regret buying the original quickutz hand tool thingy. It was really expensive & a little cumbersome to use. I only used it a few times. It was not worth the money. Oh well, at least I can use the dies in my cuttlebug.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #674
Insane Embellisher

this makes me feel good for not buying a
Cricut. I was sure that I would use Nesties and a Big Shot more, as I don't like things I have to plug in and set up.
Leah
Old 01-21-2010, 11:37 PM   #675
Glitter Queen

i'm glad i found this thread. nice to know i'm "not the only one" about some things and others i'm really surprised people don't use. some things i couldn't live without and others i figured the fun would've worn off and it would be collecting dust by now but i still use it on a regular basis.

i will say that i rarely buy anything unless already know what i'm going to use it for. but i've only gotten serious about paper crafting in the past year. i do regret getting a little bitty trimmer but it was cheap and i got it before i knew better or decided to get serious about this. but it does still get used since we supply the trimmers on sunday night for our craft small group at church.

StS 2010 Earned: $635.50 Spent: $162.47 Difference: $473.03
Old 01-22-2010, 08:16 AM   #676
Hardware Hotshot

I regret buying "The Silent Setter". I really need to dig that out and give it away!
I like the lady that thinks of it like cleaning out the clothes closet....now if I just did a better job of cleaning out my clothes......
Old 01-22-2010, 09:13 AM   #677
Gabfest Goddess

Default Leftover PIF Thread?

Where is the Leftover PIF Thread? LM

Quote:

Originally Posted by contrapatView Post
The trouble is, I don't regret buying anything. I love to buy stuff, I'm thrilled when I get a great deal somewhere, and if it turns out I don't much use something- I play the leftover pif thread and swap it out. So, I even enjoy getting rid of stuff!

I'm a hoarder, I love just HAVING a lot of the stuff. Yes, I ought to use it more, but I'm happy just having lots of toys, I guess. Sick, isn't it?

Psa. 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:18 AM   #678
Gallery Gazer

here:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...58831&page=100

We have lots of fun! Come play!

PAY IT FORWARD CONTINUES:

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21698887

Cards request for Al:
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21294892
Old 01-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #679
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by blondie090277View Post
My marvy giga punches (I only own two) - I purchased the nesties not long after they came out and they are far more used that those punches ever were!
I m looking 2 buy scallopped punches, also nestabilities so if anyone want to sell they can contact me.

also su stamps cause i cant get them in Norway
Old 01-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #680
Kookie Creator

Ok, so I've been scrapbooking for years and years and have only been stamping for one year. But some things I regret are 12X12 post bound albums...I much prefer the 3 ring binder style, you can add thicker embellishments that way. I'd also have to say I regret my SU stamps. I bought them used, so they weren't quite as expensive, but I never used them so I finally sold them but only at a fraction of the cost. Embossing powders...never use them, heat gun, never really use it. Scrapbook kits/software, never use it, watercolor pencils, manual eyelet setter, eyelets, beads, scrapbook totes, I never take my scrapbook stuff out of my craft room, too much to mess with, scrapbook magazines and books, I never look at these or use them. fastenator, never used it. Luckily I bought it used. Hmmm....the list goes on and on, isn't that terrible. I have tons of paper, I've never used too, but I don't regret that. I have a paper addiction like many and sometimes, I love the paper so much, i don't even want to use it. Terrible!!!

visit my blog at www.scrappychic17scraftycorner.blogspot.com