Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-31-2009, 02:56 PM   #521
Kookie Creator

kaleidascope pads
bind it all and tons of supplies
entire set of craft pads

I was given the craft pads as a gift but I still wish I had the space they take up.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-31-2009, 03:45 PM   #522
Crimping Master

Funny that this thread has resurfaced because I was just thinking about it. I had posted that I don't regret buying any of my stuff. Welllll, I'd like to change that. I bought a Silhouette and love it. How does that change my previous answer, you may ask? Well, I have a whole slew of punches that I now regret buying. One example, I have the SU Photo Corners Punch, nice punch but I paid $16 for it plus shipping and tax. I can download a photo corners image for $1.99 from Quickutz and if I felt so led could probably find one free from one of the user group and cut one. It's that kind of thing. I now look at all my punches and just groan. *sigh*

Pamela

Last edited by Curly Chick; 03-31-2009 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Old 03-31-2009, 06:19 PM   #523
Die Cut Diva

After all this time, this thread again and now I know, the very first stamp! If I had not bought it, I would not be in this fix today...a room full of rubber and ink, paper and ribbons, tools and gagets galore and always the *want* for more...

...My life is like a stroll on the beach...As near to the edge as I can go...Thoreau...
Old 03-31-2009, 06:22 PM   #524
Matboard Maniac

Default My sew mini for sure.....

6,000 eyelets.....

Too many die cut machines.....

Teresa
Old 03-31-2009, 06:30 PM   #525
kt3
Polyshrink Goddess

I regret purchasing all of the cutesy DOTS stamps from when I was first getting into stamping & only about 13 or 14 years old. I really liked them at the time, so I suppose it's not a total regret, but now they just take up space and aren't my taste anymore.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:58 PM   #526
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I regret buying my Quickutz handheld punch and my Cricut. Both have barely seen any cardstock. Quickutz just kills my hand to squeeze and I cannot get the cardstock off of that stupid sticky sheet for the Cricut, even with the special tool. Darn that QVC and its Today's Special Values!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:21 PM   #527
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeagleloverView Post
6,000 eyelets.....

Too many die cut machines.....

Teresa
I still like to use eyelets!
Like your name, my daughter has 2 beagles....smart smart dogs!

Old 03-31-2009, 10:33 PM   #528
Crimping Master

The Wizard... total waste of money.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:04 AM   #529
Die Cut Diva

I do have some SU sets I've never or rarely used...but maybe they will still come in handy. For some reason I have/had the knack of buying hard to use sets. I've even looked them up on here and there are not as many examples of cards being made from them. Sets like bar codes, totally tabs, and play on words...Also, I still adore office accourement but NEVER have used it...strange! I have branched out to scrapbooking with stamps to use more of my sets. I'm still considering buying a light box with a 40% off coupon from Hobby Lobby even tho I have a cuttlebug. It would only be about $12.00 but a lot of people on this thread have said that is something they regret buying. There's something about "manual" embossing that is fascinating and relaxing. I also have background stamps I never use but I still like them....don't know if they are a regret.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:16 AM   #530
Pearl-ExPert

Oh nooooo! They are so wonderful....brilliant effects. Had classes to introduce me to the wonderful world of AI.

I am also amazed at the people who regret their PearlEx buys. I was lucky enough to have attended a superb class detailing and sampling the various techs using them and cannot ever regret buying them when I can use them for so many things.

Still thinking on what I don't use much.

Michelle

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeachboundView Post
Alcohol inks...had to have them all and they just sit unused.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:50 AM   #531
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Holly...I will try this one out.

Michelle

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyMn1View Post
I am on the painting with radiance yahoo group list. They were just talking about how you can make your own glimmer misters but using a small pump spray, and filling it with 2/3 alcohol and 1/3 water and then drops of inkers and some pearl ex and shake hard! I want to try it. Just thought I'd share that!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:00 AM   #532
Gallery Gazer

I have to add another item -- a Pebbles, Inc. ribbon iron. Thought I needed it for scrapbook pages to have no kinks in ribbon but it has been out of the package once. I even had it at a crop one night for anyone to use and no one touched it. I guess wrinkly ribbon is not a big concern!
Mary Beth
Old 04-01-2009, 05:14 AM   #533
Polyshrink Goddess

My Cricut...it's still in the box.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:28 AM   #534
Embossing Fanatic

There are a few things I regret. The first and foremost, my cricut machine. I used maybe twice and then sold it. I just didn't care for it. Luckily I was able to get my money back, so yeah for me. Another thing I could have done without is my Crop-A-Dile Big Bite. I just don't use it enough. I find the MM instant setter works so much better and I don't punch through things that really justify the BB. However, I have been thinking about making notebooks with chipboard and the BB will come in handy for that.

I hear everyone saying all the eyelets. That's so funny because I love them. I wish I had every color of the rainbow and then some. I guess they are a personal preference. Don't get my wrong, I still use brads and love them also, but sometimes a eyelet is the only thing that will do. I love feeding my thin ribbon through them. They really strengthen my holes.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:29 AM   #535
Rubber Obsessor

OK all you chickens out there, is none of you prepared to admit to buying a DIE CUT DECOUPAGE KIT!!!????? Am i the first or the only one to hold my hands up to purchase one of these nasty little things off the shopping channel? it was when i first started card making, luckily i sell my cards in the newsagent where i work and recently threw a few together to sell off cheap,guess what they sold like hotcakes! Other regrets include Fiskars shapeboss,peel offs (yuk) and christmas dp stacks. LOVE MY SCOREPAL,( i like making gift boxes).
Old 04-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #536
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinscrapindView Post
Also the SU! Watercolor Crayons, used once or twice.
Funny, I love and use my water color crayons all the time!

Like other posters, I also have eyelets in multiple colors that could go and I am a paper "collector" and have so many 12 x 12 sheets that are just ugly!
Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 AM   #537
Mad Swapper

I regret buying Copic sketch markers. Just got a set of 24 a week ago, colored a few images and decided they are not for me. I am not a color in the lines type of person.

Glenda
Old 04-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #538
Swapper of the Month - July 2013

My red Sizzix (spelling?) and all of the die-cuts. I went on a rampage and bought it all. It now sits unused in my sisters grade 1 classroom.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:27 PM   #539

oh and the stampin up lightbox for 70.00. Almost all of the paper is too heavy to shine through so it is rendered useless. Also the big white light is rather blinding.
jen
Old 04-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #540
Stampin' Fool

I have way too many tote bags. I must have an obsession with them. I started out scrap booking and needed to take everything with me for the scrap night.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #541
Matboard Maniac

I don't really have any regrets with stamp/sb purchases. If there's something I haven't used, I try to work it in on my next project. I only buy what I really love. I have an excess of certain things(QK,border punches,nesties,pp,cs) but they all have a purpose and a place in my crafting and I feel fortunate to have them at my disposal.

I love to start a new project and go through my supplies looking for that perfect something and I always find it. If there's a product and it turns out I'm not crazy about it, I just challenge myself to use it and find the value in it.

That being said, I hated and regretted my Cricut for about 2 years until I found SCAL and now I love and value it and actually USE it.

These days I know my style and only buy things that I know I will use.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #542
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblesistersmomView Post

Like other posters, I also have eyelets in multiple colors that could go and I am a paper "collector" and have so many 12 x 12 sheets that are just ugly!
I love my watercolor crayons, too! And my twinkling H2Os (which someone else said was a regret). To each his own, I guess - I'm not very good with colored pencils but do OK using very small paintbrushes with paints.

I really understand that having too many supplies, embellishments, too much paper, can almost be a stumbling-block to creativity. Maybe I just don't have things organized well enough - I spent 20 minutes looking for a piece of Hello Kitty paper for a friend's birthday card. But by golly, I found it!

I've never had any luck with the Fiskars and other circle-cutters. I also never use my "silent" eyelet setter, either - of course, I use brads a lot more than eyelets now so that could be why!
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus... Col. 3:17
Old 04-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #543
ch
Stampin' Fool

Some Whipper Snapper Stamp sets--the stamps are so small! I tried to return them but they have a 'no return policy'. That was $30 down the drain! I'm trying to sell them--no luck yet.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #544
Speedy the Cat did WHAT?

I bought, and then THREW away a Fiskars cutter...It was a WASTE of money, for me. It would WARP photos and paper, and not cut straight. I was so STUPID, I bought another one, thinking I just got a bad one. NOPE, that one, I RETURNED to Michaels! LOL!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #545

Quote:

Originally Posted by chView Post
Some Whipper Snapper Stamp sets--the stamps are so small! I tried to return them but they have a 'no return policy'. That was $30 down the drain! I'm trying to sell them--no luck yet.
Hey send me a picture of these sets, I make inchies and you just never know.......
jen
Old 04-06-2009, 06:21 PM   #546
Polyshrink Goddess

I regret buying some of my stamps {shock}! I have way too many and half of the ones I have bought, I don't use because I don't like them. I am doing really well this year though. My spending account has gone way down and I have been good!
you made them feel!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #547
Hardware Hotshot

Regrets...most of them are out of my craft room now...lol.
Embellishments that I thought I had to have, then never used them. Plenty of ribbon, buttons and, of course, eyelets, Xyron 900 (Still in the box from at least 2-3 years ago.), too many primas, storage solutions that were more of a problem than a solution, Cuttlebug binder, several stamps and sets that found their way to other homes.

My regrets have made me a better shopper. I still purchase items from time to time that are not useful to me, but I am getting better at returning them sooner than later.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #548
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Scrapbook magazine subscriptions

I ordered another with my son's school magazine sale this year and when it arrived I remember thinking, "Just what I needed.....another magazine". I have just purged scrapbook magazines dating back to 2000. I went through many of them and pulled out less than 30 pages with ideas or articles I wanted to save.
I get most of my ideas from SCS and other online galleries. I get my new product information from emails from several companies announcing new lines. I get my page sketch ideas from Pagemaps.com.
I need to save a few trees and not subscribe to anymore magazines.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #549
Pearl-ExPert

i know your all gonna shriek, but i regret buying the Scor pal - i just sold it infact.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #550
Mad Swapper

I have one that I'm sure when I say it people will think I am NUTS! I regret buying my ATG gun :0 I tried for months to get used to it because I knew you got a lot of tape for your money but in the end I sold it and haven't regretted it once.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:16 PM   #551
Kookie Creator

Ditto on the monster ATG gun. I love my Glue Glider Pro and the little Stampin Up! SNAIL glue runner. I can't handle that huge glue gun.

Gail
Old 04-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #552
Compulsive Stamper

I bought the Scor-pal based on all the recommendions here - while I like the nice score lines for standard cards trying to figure out the measurements for boxes etc is very frustrating! Makes me feel like I am at work instead of relaxing.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #553
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by biblesistersmomView Post

Honestly if I'd have answered this question 6 months ago, I would have said my watercolor crayons.... But I forced myself to get them out and I am now in love with them!
My ATG gun is one of my all time favorite purchases.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:59 AM   #554
Matboard Maniac

I regret purchasing the Cricut Expressions and ended up selling it. Too much work for just one thing when I could use a punch. Plus trying to get the paper off the sticky mat created more work. I also regretted spending money on low quality paper.

Once I joined SU I gathered up all that I wouldn't use and donated it. It was a lot of decorative paper, embellishments, ribbon and cardstock. I will never forget the look on their faces when they got the boxes. I felt really good that I could help.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:29 AM   #555
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellpoleView Post
Oh nooooo! They are so wonderful....brilliant effects. Had classes to introduce me to the wonderful world of AI.

I am also amazed at the people who regret their PearlEx buys. I was lucky enough to have attended a superb class detailing and sampling the various techs using them and cannot ever regret buying them when I can use them for so many things.

Still thinking on what I don't use much.

Michelle
I am one that does not like Pearl Ex either. You have to use a binder with it. Now Perfect Pearls I Love as the binder is already in it.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:34 AM   #556
Stazon Splitcoast

I regret buying
17 COPIC markers -They dry out way to fast - way to expensive and personally I love the Prisma Markers much more. I love the tips on the Prismas and they are much cheaper.
Lumiere Paints I learned a technique and then bought a whole set- haven't used them except for the white.
Paint Glazers-these are like water paints but there are like 8 colors on a pallette. I used them once about 2 years ago. Wasted $20.00 on it.
Dry Embossing Templates- I bought several and I hate dry embossing by hand. My hand aches from using a stylus in those small areas.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:25 AM   #557
Matboard Maniac

okay I must say I regret not having room ANYWHERE in my craft room to scrap or stamp becuase i think I see a new item and I just HAVE to have it. My hubby hates to tell me no..lol...But I have found I am a collector. I collect it all and my scrapbook room looks like a store now! LOL..I told myself I wouldnt buy anymore until I use it all up. YEAH RIGHT! My biggest regret though I guess is my QK handheld squeeze. Hurts my hands to use it and too much time to dig through all those die cuts of mine to find it! LOL
Old 04-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #558
Crimping Master

Several Cuttlebug embossing folders as well as the embossing borders.
Tons of punches
Twinkling H2O's - never work for me
All the clear Studio G $1 stamps
Foam alphabet stamps
EK Success Coloriser embossing gun
Several Sizzix dies
Crop-a-Dile
Gobs of stickers (back in the day)
Tons of metal embellishments, eyelets, Making Memories, etc.

I can not wait for garage sale season so I can unload some of this stuff.

My Gallery
Old 04-07-2009, 08:01 AM   #559
Stazon Splitcoast

Wizard, too difficult and quirky, anyone want to buy it? Cheap!
Watercolor crayons -- too pale
Most cuttlebug embossing folders -- never use them
Cricut -- sold it, wasted too much paper for the way I used it.
Karen Foster Snap Stamps -- sold them
Jumbo eyelets -- too hard to set
All eyelet setters other than Crop a Dile
Prism cardstock -- too thin to make a card base
Pearl Ex
SU Craft spots -- got them on sale but have hardly used them
SU Black ink pad -- must be banned!! not waterproof, not black, etc.
and the list goes on and on...

oh, and the gawd awful ATG gun. I guess I got a defective one.

I wonder what I'll buy next month that I will regret next year!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:16 AM   #560
Hardware Hotshot

omg I love my atg!

I decoupaged mine
lovely!
and I stand it handle up between uses...
and I find I can just reach over pull the trigger and rub some tape off the end and make my own gluedots for flowers and bows...

paperworksco sells them too.
they have a tutorial...http://paperworksco.com/blog/?p=67
thkgdness!
I need another one for upstairs for when my kid brings home projects that are falling apart from icky gluestick glue.

sorry...
OP:
I regret...
all the danged flowerstamps!
I buy sets for words and sentiments and I get stuck with the flowers...sometimes twice because I also get hooked on the french version too...
I try to give them as host gifts and to my nieces but it really is an expensive way to go.

also anything I buy "to show"...

almost any ruler, template or chart.

I regret *not* buying every letter of monogram alpha... I will look for them forever...

spritzer tool...
I reinked the dollarstore kids blowpens with su ink and it turns out that they work great! I hafta store a small selection of colors but it only cost a dollar!

catalogs! I always somehow end up with so many....

I regret fronting orders for addicts who don't pickup their stuff...
esp if I already have that set...lol!