Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-24-2009, 07:53 PM   #481
Glitter Queen

Oh I've got a handful of regrets too. The SU wheels that take up a whole drawer and never get used - the Colorbox texture plates - TONS of beads and wire - metallic rub ons - fabric ink pads and some of my punches which always seem to jam up no matter what kind of paper you use. Those are just a few of my most unfavorite things. LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-24-2009, 08:01 PM   #482
Forum Fanatic

I have a LOT of stuff I feel guilty for not using, but don't regret buying. I regret buying the crop-a-dile. I find it easier and more accurate to use my manual one. Probably because I've had years of practice. The only thing is that I can't use it when DH is napping which is a bummer. I am MORE restrained in what I buy now and yes, SU is by far my favorite for CS. I have bought other stuff but end up not using it because it doesn't match anything. Oh well. I use my Cricut sporatically, but don't regret it. I use my CB all the time so no worries there. All in all pretty happy.
One of Kota's Kids
Too Blessed to be Stressed
Old 01-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #483
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOUSEMOM40View Post
Oh I've got a handful of regrets too. The SU wheels that take up a whole drawer and never get used - the Colorbox texture plates - TONS of beads and wire - metallic rub ons - fabric ink pads and some of my punches which always seem to jam up no matter what kind of paper you use. Those are just a few of my most unfavorite things. LOL
Unmount those wheels! I did and now I actually use them

Help us create a StampinUp Gallery Index
Old 01-24-2009, 08:14 PM   #484
Inking Addict

Exclamation Hmmm.... A few for me!!

I have alot of things that I have bought that I really don't use as much as I thought I would. My cheap ink pads, my letter stamp sets & also my baby Cricut. I know it was just one thing but it was such a hard decision. LOL

Last edited by avonlea; 01-25-2009 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: removed off topic, promotional post.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #485
Polyshrink Goddess

I love my Cricut, but I have too many cartridges. Every time I saw a "good deal" I stocked up. I think I have five that aren't even open. It's not a "good deal," if you're not using them. It's just wasteful.

I never use my Crop-o-dile. I always reach for my Silent Setter.

I also do not use my SU Pastels, but I hope to change that! I use my SU Watercolor Pencils quite often.

I bought a bunch of glitter the other day. I'm going to take the unused ones back ... I don't see a future for me and glitter.

I love all my stamps. Desperately in love with my stamps
Old 01-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #486
Kookie Creator

I regret the copic markers. Once you get the markers you find out that you have to find the right card stock. You think you have the right card stock and find out that you have to stamp with a different ink. I still haven't found the right combination. I love how smoothly they color but I'm OCD and can't stand for ink to run out of the lines. I try to suck it up with the blending marker or whatever it is and all it does and make it lighter. I'm really discouraged. I could have bought 140.00 worth of stamps.

I regret buying so many Cricut cartridges. I think I could get by on about 6 cartridges. I have 30

I regret a lot of the Tim Holtz stuff. I love the vintage look but some of his stuff is just too manly. I'd like more of his stamps and less of his embellishments. I can't stand his crackle paint and I'm not having much luck with the grunge board.

I regret the purple cow laminator I bought when I first thought I'd like to scrap. I've never used it. It's pink and it's pretty but I have no idea what to do with it.

I regret the bind it all book...total waste of money.

I regret a lot of the Heidi Swapp stuff I bought from HSN when they had the all night scrapping show. I don't use chipboard letters and I don't know how to use her ghosts. Once again...it was in pretty pink storage units and I just had to have it.

This being said, I'm sure I would use all of this stuff if I felt like I knew what I was doing. Everything looks easy when I look at the galleries and read the tutorials. When I try to start on something I don't know how to start. There's got to be a first step and I haven't figured that out yet. Do you pick your paper first? Do you pick and stamp then work around that? In my mind I'm an genius paper crafter...I just don't have anything to prove it. I'm dying to do it. I love pretty things, especially if I've had anything to do with them.

My problem is that I've bought too many things I don't need. I should have approached it differently. I should have picked a project and bought accordingly. Now I've got a bunch of "stuff" and not one single creation to account for it-(

Gail
Old 01-25-2009, 04:19 PM   #487
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetteringMamaView Post
This sounds very interesting. Do you have pictures you would care to share? I'd love to put my stash of eyelets to good creative use! Thanks
Sure, I'd be glad to do that; it may take me a day or two but I'll do it.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #488
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunriseaView Post
Sure, I'd be glad to do that; it may take me a day or two but I'll do it.
Thanks so much! I'll be looking forward to it!
Old 01-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #489
Rubber Obsessor

LOL I agree with a lot of these. My regrets:
DCWV Paper DP stacks... I hardly use these up.
Some of the Costco scrapbboking packs.. cute in the container but I never used any of it.
Are you ready for the last one?? Too many CTMH stamps... I need to stop buying stamps b/c they are cute and save my money for the ones I'll actually use!
Old 01-25-2009, 09:32 PM   #490
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
There was a stamping injury thread awhile back and several people mentioned actually cutting themselves on the SU ink pads!! I was stunned. I still haven't figured out how that would happen - anyone know?

And I'd love a perfect paper cutter... time to go Google Tonic!
I've managed to cut my finger twice! When this happens, it's not like a paper cut, it's like a knife cut.ouch! I am an admitted clutz though. I cut my ring finger on my right hand while trying to open the pad and my fingers slipped and slid across the bottom edge of the lid.

Regrets:
Cheap CS
Pattern Paper
PC Silent Setter
Eyelets
Primas
Letter Brads
Colored/Glittered Embossing Powders
MM Tag Maker

There's alot more things that I've bought, but most of it I was able to take back and get store credit. When Michaels had their Cricut cartridges on sale Thanksgiving night, I ended up getting 5 carts and my out of pocket money was $2.65.

Love:
ATG
Cricut
PC Embossing Folders
SU Stamps

Tammy
Old 01-25-2009, 09:53 PM   #491
Kookie Creator

Default Everything everyone else loves...

Scor-Pal -- never use it; can't deal with not having the increments clearly marked. I've read a ton of threads about how to position card stock, but I'm not a math person, so all of those numbers make me twitchy.

Crop-a-dile -- can't figure out the right pressure to use, even with the eyelets that came with the piece. Always ruining the paper by over-sinking them or doing so unevenly. Prefer the old-fashioned hammer eyelet-setting system.

Cuttlebug -- every time I make a card with a cuttlebugged background, my mom hates it. Doesn't matter what folder, what color CS, etc... But my neices like to play with it, so it's not a total loss.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #492
Polyshrink Goddess

Default eyelet chipboard album

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetteringMamaView Post
This sounds very interesting. Do you have pictures you would care to share? I'd love to put my stash of eyelets to good creative use! Thanks

Okay, I have put the pictures on my husband's flicker account; hopefully this will work!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #493
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by new_GA_stamperView Post
I regret the copic markers. Once you get the markers you find out that you have to find the right card stock. You think you have the right card stock and find out that you have to stamp with a different ink. I still haven't found the right combination. I love how smoothly they color but I'm OCD and can't stand for ink to run out of the lines. I try to suck it up with the blending marker or whatever it is and all it does and make it lighter. I'm really discouraged. I could have bought 140.00 worth of stamps.

I regret buying so many Cricut cartridges. I think I could get by on about 6 cartridges. I have 30

I regret a lot of the Tim Holtz stuff. I love the vintage look but some of his stuff is just too manly. I'd like more of his stamps and less of his embellishments. I can't stand his crackle paint and I'm not having much luck with the grunge board.

I regret the purple cow laminator I bought when I first thought I'd like to scrap. I've never used it. It's pink and it's pretty but I have no idea what to do with it.

I regret the bind it all book...total waste of money.

I regret a lot of the Heidi Swapp stuff I bought from HSN when they had the all night scrapping show. I don't use chipboard letters and I don't know how to use her ghosts. Once again...it was in pretty pink storage units and I just had to have it.

This being said, I'm sure I would use all of this stuff if I felt like I knew what I was doing. Everything looks easy when I look at the galleries and read the tutorials. When I try to start on something I don't know how to start. There's got to be a first step and I haven't figured that out yet. Do you pick your paper first? Do you pick and stamp then work around that? In my mind I'm an genius paper crafter...I just don't have anything to prove it. I'm dying to do it. I love pretty things, especially if I've had anything to do with them.

My problem is that I've bought too many things I don't need. I should have approached it differently. I should have picked a project and bought accordingly. Now I've got a bunch of "stuff" and not one single creation to account for it-(

Gail
I read your post and felt so sad! Maybe the first thing to do would be to put your stuff on the Buy / Sell / Trade forum or ebay or give them away as RAK. Then maybe you wouldn't feel so overwhelmed by all of your supplies that you're not ever going to use. There are tons of people on here who'd scoop up some Copics and all the other stuff you have that don't exactly want / need.

I hope that you'll feel better about your craft and I wish you had some stuff in your gallery because I'm sure it's beautiful!

(PS - If you decide to RAK some of your stuff - I get first dibs! lol)
Old 01-26-2009, 07:42 PM   #494
Kookie Creator

I got a few private messages from some very kind ladies and with a little organizing and a lot of regrouping I think I'm gonna figure this thing out. I know how I should have started so I'm going to sort of start over...slowly but surely.

I haven't posted any work because I don't have anything to show. I've got all this "stuff" but didn't know where to start. I didn't know what to do first. Did you pick a stamp then the paper or pick the paper first, etc? Do you need a card for a certain occasion or do you just get in there and create?

The other day I stamped several Magnolia images and just left them laying on my work table. This morning I got my set of Copics (I ordered the set they sell for the Magnolia's) and just started coloring. I put them on a clipboard and colored them in my comfy recliner. I took my time and used my blender pen every step of the way. I'm tickled to death over the results. The images were as good as any I've seen on the sites except for the wings. I have to do my angel wings a little lighter. My shading was good and I kept everything in the lines.

I'm sorry if I sounded a bit flustered the other day. I didn't mean to come across as negative Nancy.

I do have a few duplicate items that I'll have a RAK on eventually. I thought I'd make my first card today after my luck with the Magnolia's but I got sick this afternoon and had to go to bed. I'm more optimistic than I've been since I started.

Thanks to everyone that helped me. There's some mighty kind people here. I thank you

Gail
Old 01-26-2009, 08:33 PM   #495
Stampin' Fool

I've been stamping about a year, and I'm learning what I like the most and what I find I'm just not using! I love my cuttlebug, most of my cuttlebug dies and especially love my CB embossing folders! I like adding ink inside the folders then embossing, the effect is great!
I regret buying some glitters. I just don't use them. I do like stickles!
I really regret my Fiskars texture plates. Wish I could get rid of these!
I only have a few pair of patterned scissors and find I use them all! I use them on every card when I insert a piece of resume paper or writing paper for the card note or poem or quotes. I'll trim each paper with my scissors, and actually like my Fiskars scissors for this!
I do have some eyelets I don't like. I really prefer brads!
I was tempted to buy tons of eyelets once but glad I resisted (mail order).
I am still learning as I go, so I am still having fun learning what I do like and don't like. I don't have a crop-a-dile or an atg gun, or the score-pal. I did look at a score pal the other day, but I'm still weighing in on that decision to buy! I have used my scoring line on my paper cutter along with the scoring tool it came with and find it useful.
I only have a few roller stamps, and might try unmounting them in order to get more use out of them!
Great thread! Fun to see what works and what doesn't work for others!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #496
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by new_GA_stamperView Post
I got a few private messages from some very kind ladies and with a little organizing and a lot of regrouping I think I'm gonna figure this thing out. I know how I should have started so I'm going to sort of start over...slowly but surely.

I haven't posted any work because I don't have anything to show. I've got all this "stuff" but didn't know where to start. I didn't know what to do first. Did you pick a stamp then the paper or pick the paper first, etc? Do you need a card for a certain occasion or do you just get in there and create?

The other day I stamped several Magnolia images and just left them laying on my work table. This morning I got my set of Copics (I ordered the set they sell for the Magnolia's) and just started coloring. I put them on a clipboard and colored them in my comfy recliner. I took my time and used my blender pen every step of the way. I'm tickled to death over the results. The images were as good as any I've seen on the sites except for the wings. I have to do my angel wings a little lighter. My shading was good and I kept everything in the lines.

I'm sorry if I sounded a bit flustered the other day. I didn't mean to come across as negative Nancy.

I do have a few duplicate items that I'll have a RAK on eventually. I thought I'd make my first card today after my luck with the Magnolia's but I got sick this afternoon and had to go to bed. I'm more optimistic than I've been since I started.

Thanks to everyone that helped me. There's some mighty kind people here. I thank you

Gail
I didn't think you were a Negative Nancy! I thought you were just frustrated and overwhelmed with all the possibilities. It happens to everyone, I think.

When I first "discovered" stamping / papercrafting, I was on my own and didn't have any mentors or friends who could really guide me. In fact, the only guidence I have is here on SCS! That was nearly a year ago and looking back, I find myself quite fortunate that I didn't even know about SCS then because nothing influenced my purchases. What I didn't know about or how to use I bought in small quantities until I fell in love with it or knew I'd use a lot of it. (This applies to brads & eyelets. I found that I like eyelets for projects like bookmarks but nothing else and I prefer the "gemstones" to brads.) It also helps that a few months after I started this hobby, I lost my job so it was really impossible for me to go out and buy the latest and greatest. I am very careful with my purchases and still use everything I own. Except a mega pack of chipboard cut outs. I thought I'd use the whole thing by now but I've only used it once on an altered project. lol

I'm so glad that you've turned the corner. And as for your question regarding where to start first - it's up to you. Sometimes I start with a stamp and go from there; other times I come across some paper I love or haven't used and find a stamp to go "with" it. I know this probably isn't the "right" or "designer" way to do it but it works for me. And I know you'll find what works for you, too!

PS - Please post your first items in the gallery - even if you don't like them. Often, what we don't like as the creator, others love the most! Good luck!
Old 01-31-2009, 06:09 PM   #497
Cardstock Collector

Default It seemed like a good idea at the time...

My list of "regrets":
  • The Pink Wishblade
  • Crop-A-Dile Big Bite
  • Light Box
  • Bow-Easy
  • QuicKutz
  • 4000+ chipboard special from one of the shopping channels
  • Two (yes two) large rolling cart/bags

And...there's also lots of idea books, paper, ribbon & buttons that haunt me
Old 02-01-2009, 05:17 PM   #498
Cardstock Collector

I regret my pink Cropadile. I use it about 3 times a year. I regret almost all the SU sets I bought. Had I known unmounted stamps would be so available I would have waited and spent my money more wisely. I regret the stamp a mag jig thing and never used it.

I will never regret my Cuttlebug, Rollabind, or my Nesties.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #499
Polyshrink Goddess

[QUOTE=new_GA_stamper;12862843]I regret the copic markers. Once you get the markers you find out that you have to find the right card stock. You think you have the right card stock and find out that you have to stamp with a different ink. I still haven't found the right combination. I love how smoothly they color but I'm OCD and can't stand for ink to run out of the lines. I try to suck it up with the blending marker or whatever it is and all it does and make it lighter. I'm really discouraged. I could have bought 140.00 worth of stamps.

I love my Copic markers. I use Papertrey paper or Neeham and never have a bleeding problem. Amuse just came out with a dye ink that works great with the Copics and I love Momento Black Tuxedo ink also. I stamp and color right away and have never had a problem.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #500
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by calicogirlView Post
I regret my pink Cropadile. I use it about 3 times a year. I regret almost all the SU sets I bought. Had I known unmounted stamps would be so available I would have waited and spent my money more wisely. I regret the stamp a mag jig thing and never used it.

I love my Stamp a Ma Jig! In fact, I have two! One to keep in the stamping room and one that is packed in my tool bag for when I go stamping somewhere else.

I don't use my Crop a Dile all that much but I'm glad I have it for when I need to punch a hole/set an eyelet. Kind of like the Bind It All, I don't use it every time I stamp but when I need, I'm glad I have it.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #501
Crimping Master

I regret buying the Fiskars stamp press. Thankfully I bought it with a 50% off coupon, but still........

http://roxysramblings64.blogspot.com
Old 02-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #502
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by calicogirlView Post

The stamp a ma jig is actually awesome for lining things up and lay outs once you get used to using it. I kept forgetting how to use the thing in the beginning but figured it out now.

I regret:
way, way, way too many primas, eyelets etc.
too much cheap designer paper (doesn't match anything)
too many brads,
too much ribbon (all you need is white pretty much and die it to match whatever).
too many tubes of paint,
too many brushes,
too many markers (non SU)
too many punches (bought Marvy, SU and who knows what)
too much excess of pretty much everything!

I love my Cuttlebug, Bind It All, Crop A Dile, Scor Pal, Bone Folder, Quickie Glue Pen, Stamp a Ma Jig for just some examples. Haven't tried Nesties yet but hope to.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #503
Kookie Creator

Coluzzle Templates :0( hate them they just don't work for me ...and I do not know what I am doing wrong .... so I am giving them to my friend who loves them.

crop-a-dile - I got this thing too and don't like it very much

Last edited by chispirit; 02-01-2009 at 06:43 PM..
Old 02-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #504
Matboard Maniac

hmmmm....

I Love eyelets and Love the small crop o' dile but then I thought I needed the big one, which sadly, I've never once used....

I regret that I bought all those "stacks" of paper....I never use the whole stack...typically its one piece of paper I love in there and the rest...um..not so much...

I regret ever buying every color of embossing power there ever was....What on earth was I thinking buying Bubble Gum Pink embossing powder???

The light box...Never plugged in..ever!

Wire...and all the things that help to twirl, design and twist it....

No regrets with Flowers, Copics, Ribbon, Buttons....Love all those just wish I had better storage for them...

Cheap Charms...I regret those...much more fun to have cool, interesting ones than cheap ones...

I've decided its all a learning curve for me.....I am one of those people that when I "try" something.....I have to have EVERYTHING that goes with it...even before I know if I like it....I regret that....but then...there is always eBay!!
Old 02-01-2009, 09:56 PM   #505
Kookie Creator

Some of my clear stamps I regret... And some eyelets and brads... Copics but i did manage to sell them.

I am more careful with my purchases now.

Hugs
Jaunice
Old 02-02-2009, 05:31 AM   #506
Polyshrink Goddess

I have items that I purchased that I have not taken out of the wrappers and those that have made it out of their wrappers but have not been used. I have stamp sets that have not touched ink too. But I don't regret purchasing them. I just regret not finding (making) the time to use them yet.
I have decided that in 2009 - once a week I will spending that stamping time I have set aside to use something I have not yet! If I find - I don't like it - then I will find it a good home with someone who will enjoy and appreciate it!

I have already started this and am finding that I am looking forward to that once a week stamping time I set aside for just this purpose!

My Website
Old 02-02-2009, 06:11 AM   #507
Pearl-ExPert

My resolution for 2009 is to USE the items that I've purchased (and cut back on what I am spending). Egad! My stamp room is FULL. (Paper, stamps, inks, etc.) Although I may have to figure out a way to continue to take a peek at the PTI new releases.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:43 AM   #508
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
My resolution for 2009 is to USE the items that I've purchased (and cut back on what I am spending). Egad! My stamp room is FULL. (Paper, stamps, inks, etc.) Although I may have to figure out a way to continue to take a peek at the PTI new releases.
That is a great idea! I'm with you. I'm no longer going to feel guilty or bad about things that I regret buying. I'm just going to use all those things (some will be a real challenge) and be creative with what I have.

Lingering regrets but they will be used in 2009 of course:
1) Cricut with waay too many cartridges, I see many cards with cricut shapes in my future.
2) Bad DP, this I will give away to school, I don't need a challenge of this magnitude....
3) Good DP, I keep hoarding it but it will be cut in 2009. Get ready to be cut all you pretty papers!
4) Thick chunky embellishments, I simply do not like thick cards, they look great but are hard to ship and they tear envelopes. I'm done with all the chunks on cards. I will use them on tags that I hang on presents and in scrapbooks.
5) SU cardstock in colors that I do not like, let's start using it! I must have some great DP that works.

OK, this makes me feel much better about all my regrets already!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #509
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Ladies. I don't have a problem with too much stamping stuff - I don't think you can ever have enough card making supplies. Where I have too much is scrapbooking stuff. I'm going to try to start scrapbooking at home (eek! No fun!) so I use up all of the DP I just had to have. Once I've caught up with my scrapbooking - get rid of the DP that won't work for cards! I have one set of friends who meet monthly to scrapbook at Archivers and another set who meet monthly at another scrapbook shop and I'll just have to go and visit when I can - not sit and scrapbook, buying supplies as I go because it's a hassle to carry all of that with you when you go out to scrapbook!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:55 PM   #510
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KimberlyinMNView Post
I love my Stamp a Ma Jig! In fact, I have two! One to keep in the stamping room and one that is packed in my tool bag for when I go stamping somewhere else.

I don't use my Crop a Dile all that much but I'm glad I have it for when I need to punch a hole/set an eyelet.
I'm with you! I don't use my Stamp a Ma Jig often, but it's a great tool to own. As a matter of fact when I got it out the other day I groaned to myself thinking it would be a pain to use. But seconds later I was able to line up a small stamp perfectly on my card! I think I'll get it out more often!

I'm still getting used to my crop a dile - finding the right grip strength depending on the type of eyelet I'm using. But it's so much easier and quieter than my previous eyelet setting methods!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:17 PM   #511
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Giraffes & Laughs
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

My biggest regret? The Pretties kit - too $$$. Love the half pearls, but the flowers were all smashed up - and the beads I can get a HL for a lot less!
Old 02-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #512
Compulsive Stamper

oh oh oh - for me it has to be the crafters companion scrore board ! clumsy and not much use ! and it wasnt that cheap !

http://madimaginations.blogspot.com/
Old 02-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #513
Embossing Fanatic

Fiskars texture plates..Ugh. I should have held on to my 12 bucks and waited to get a automated deal.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:51 AM   #514
Stampin' Fool

Default for stampingqueenJAR

You can steam press those wilted pretties and they will be perfect! Try the lowest steam setting on your iron (y'all remember what that is don't you? It's what we don't use because we're too busy stamping!) and hold it over the flower. Push the steam button and it should fall into position. Good luck!

Jutta
Old 02-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #515
Kookie Creator

We started this "regret" thread a while back. I still regret some of the things I I mentioned in my previous post but I've learned to love some of the stuff I thought I regretted. One of the things I thought I regretted was my copics. What was I thinking? I have 38 markers. I'm going to buy 36 more then call it quits. I tried the Bic, I tried the Prismacolors and I tried the Sharpies. I couldn't get the even coverage that I get with the Copics. It took a lot of practices and patience to learn which ink to stamp with and what paper to use but I think I finally figured it out. The Copics are now at the top of my "favorite things" list. I still regret buying a lot of the paper that I bought. I wish I had of started with stuff that is themed...like SU. I think I'll learn how to incorporate my paper into different projects. This morning the spent the whole morning with my Cricut Expression. I made some embellishments for DH to put on a few pages that he's working on. While I was at it I found an owl and tree branch that looked just like one of the stamp sets. I can't wait to use that on a card.

Something that I got for Christmas that has come in very handy is my Zutter paper cutter. I LOVE it. I use it every day, several times a day.

I'm still color wheel "challenged" but this too will pass. Once I learn how to size my cards and pick out color patterns I think I'll be totally "hooked". I've come a long way since Christmas. I make it a point to do some kind of art project every day. Time flies when I'm in my craft room. I LOVE everything about it...except the mess it makes.

Just thought I'd update my previous post. I was totally overwhelmed when I made that post. I'm a lot more selective when I shop now.

Thanks to everyone that sent me messages.

Gail
Old 02-03-2009, 10:08 PM   #516
Inking Addict

Love the Challenge Idea! Let's USE the stuff we think we hate and see what results...usually I find I'm most creative when what i can use is limited. This is kind of like the challenges we did back in art school. Limits really do help the creative juices start to flow! Can't wait to ssee some posted projects from the "hate it" pile of supplies

Personally I've got too much of everything, LOL.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:12 PM   #517
Embossing Fanatic

I was a scrapbooker before I found SU, I was a CM comsultant for five years, still paying off that debt.. I TOTALLY regret the CM punches they were too hard to press and too simple design to use much. now I regret my ribbon holder it is one of those with the three dowels, everytime I want to measure out apiece of ribbon which is no less then twice a day, I have to take the dowel down and slide ten rolls of ribbon off the dowel and then but them back. I bought a ribbon organizer with a lid but it is too small. I think I will sell both and make one of those foam board holders everyone is making, so instead of wasting $30 on ribbon holders I could have bought the scor pal that I really want.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:39 AM   #518
Embossing Fanatic

The scary thing for me is that I haven't regretted getting ANYTHING! Eeek! And I just ordered my first sets of Nestabilities, so I sure HOPE I won't regret those!

If I were to think really hard, I would have to say that I regret a lot of the Cricut cartridges I got...I was on a cartridge binge, but unfortunately, there are still carts that I haven't used at all! But I can't regret them that much because I know that ONE DAY I will want something from one of them and I'll be happy that I have it...LOL...
Old 02-04-2009, 08:42 AM   #519
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by juttaView Post
You can steam press those wilted pretties and they will be perfect! Try the lowest steam setting on your iron (y'all remember what that is don't you? It's what we don't use because we're too busy stamping!) and hold it over the flower. Push the steam button and it should fall into position. Good luck!

Jutta
LOL! Great tip though...can you also remind me what a washer/dryer does...and also what that hole is in my counter that is covered with dirty dishes??? *giggles*
Old 02-07-2009, 09:30 PM   #520
Compulsive Stamper

I have to say this and maybe a lot of people will disagree but I regret purchasing the Big Shot. I also own the Cricut and I looooove it!!! Some of the Big Shot dies are beautiful dies but the dies aren't very versatile and pretty expensive. With the purchase of just one Cricut cartridge you get so much versatility. You can cut out various sizes and most carts on sale or on the bay average between $30-$40. That's not bad considering that you can do so much with the one cart. With one Big Shot die you can only do so much and they are very pricey.