Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-16-2004, 07:39 AM   #1
Stampin' Fool

Default What do you carry supplies to a workshop in?

I've just done my first workshop, and I wasn't happy with how many different containers I had to carry my stuff in. What's the best way to carry catalog binders? I don't want it to look hard and discourage possible recruits.

Carolyn
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-16-2004, 07:45 AM   #2
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

I carry my catalog/binders in an SU! back pack, limit of 8 or they are too heavy. Also inside are pens, cash bag, and folder with order forms.

My workshop supplies are organized inside the Crop In Style Stamp Store Tote. I believe you can view one of these at the actual CIS site:

www.cropinstyle.com (I think!?)

However, to buy one, I advise getting on the email or snail mail list of Joann Craft stores and buying one with their 40% off coupon, either in store or via their online shopping.

www.joann.com

It is the best system I've ever used and even my customers buy one for themselves when they see how organized it keeps me! : )

HTH,
Old 06-16-2004, 07:48 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

I try really hard to make it a one-tripper. I use the Stampin' Tote that SU! has on the supply list for most everything that I need for my workshop supplies, and that sucker hold a LOT. It also weighs a TON. Inside, I have kit cases that have all the stamps and pre-cut and packaged supplies for each make & take (I do THO) ready to go. I also stuff in my bragbooks, and other things that I'd like to display. That rolls behind me.

In the 12x12 bag from the SM catalog, I carry all of my spiral bound catalogs and order forms. In my Great Rewards tote, I have the most recent SSuccess, etc. as well as completed color charts. That covers two shoulders and one hand. The other hand carries a basket stuffed full of set samplers and other stuff I want to show my guests.

If it is a new hostess, I add a display board, too, but that takes a trip back to the car. I used to have a habit of bringing EVERYTHING. Now I've really pared down, and am much less stressed at workshops. I still look like a pack mule coming up the walk, but it's way more organized!
Old 06-16-2004, 07:58 AM   #4
Polyshrink Goddess

I want to only have to make 1 trip from the car. So I only take what fits in a small rubbermade, 8 books in a book bag, craft keeper (or cropper hopper) with paper & projects. All so I don't have to ask for help & they don't get overwelmed thinking they have to have everything.
Old 06-16-2004, 08:38 AM   #5
Crimping Master

I have a plastic milk crate that I haul my notebooks with catalogs and stuff in them. There is also room for a few hanging folders that I keep extra order forms, wishlists, door prize forms, extra minis, hostess forms, and 2 recruit packets in. I also carry a mini brag book and my money bag in it. I also have a shoulder tote (like a crop in style junior, but I don't know the brand and it is a bit different) that I put all my project supplies in. I only demonstrate a one sheet wonder and then do 2 make and takes. I use 2 sterilite shoe boxes (one for the make and takes, one for the OSW) to keep my supplies neat in the tote. Basics get kept in the pockets on the outside of the tote.

I like this system much better than the sewing basket I used to use because the tote goes over one shoulder and leaves both hands free to cary the crate.

Good Luck!

Stampin' Up! demonstrator with a website!

What Can Lightbulb Do For You?
Old 06-16-2004, 09:21 AM   #6
SCS Moderator

I take 1 trip with a rolling carry-on size suitcase. In the bottom I carry catalogs and a plastic clipboard that stores order forms and money inside.
On the top above the catalogs I have 2 plastic containers-they are called lock and lock. My mom got them from QVC, but I have seen them occasionally at my Safeway grocery store. In these containers I carry all supplies for my make and takes (I do THO, so enough for 3 projects). The front of the rolling suitcase is big enough to hold the SU stamping pages. I can fit 1 or 2 brag books. I have the bags with materials in the front zipper so they don't get messed up. All comes in 1 trip, then in my other hand I have a basket of samples.

Old 06-16-2004, 09:27 AM   #7
Pearl-ExPert

I do the same thing as Camsmom. I bought a nice piece of rolling luggage. It fits everything nice and is much easier to get in and out of peoples houses. I used to carry a rubbermaid tote, but that got to cumbersome.

And when I go on vacation I empty out the suitcase and use it for my clothes!

laura
Old 06-16-2004, 09:36 AM   #8
Polyshrink Goddess

I found a crate at Office Max that is on wheels for about $20. It also folds up nicely when I am not using it. I LOVE this and have had many people ask about it and want one!

Hope that helps!

Shannon Mathias
Old 06-16-2004, 10:03 AM   #9
Stampin' Fool

I use the duffel bag from SU! It holds a ton (literally I think!) and I can usually get everything I need in it. I also have my backpack and that holds my calculator and money bag.
Member #3785
Old 06-16-2004, 10:26 AM   #10
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

I use a rolling Stanley toolbox that I bought at Michael's after I read about demos using them on Stampin' Discuss. It only costs $25!

The bottom holds my craft keepers with each project and items like my large powder pal, my embossing gun, a plastic clipboard with storage inside for my calculator, credit card forms, money bag, and a few office supplies, then the door prize and hostess gift, and enough grid sheets for the guests bent in half.

The top has a tool tray which lifts out in which I put pens, mono cartridges, 2 way glue sticks, scissors, erasers, bottle of mist, small tools and jars of EP or glitter. Below the tray I put all my stamp sets, ink pads, spools of ribbon for projects, pastels or watercolor pencils and my scrub.

I use a separate tote bag for my catalog binders, then I have my Great Rewards tote for my business forms, recruit packets, calendar, hostess packets, and credit card imprinter. If the hostess has enough room, I have another box that holds a small display. I'm trying to pack a little lighter, so I may do away with the binders and switch to folders instead...those binders weigh a ton! I may also purchase the SU! Stampin' Tote...I'm going to look at it at convention and see if it wouldn't suit my needs better.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 06-16-2004, 01:46 PM   #11
Kookie Creator

I carry my stuff in a Rubber Maid Clothes Basket - and a tote bag!

It works for me!!! I used to do Home and Garden Parties and I never wanted to leave any of my stuff at home because I wanted to show it all - because it always looks better in person than in the catalog - I would have to make at least 3 trips out to my van... That didn't last too long - I still sell Home and Garden Party but I just have Book Parties now or just take orders from friends.

Stampin' Up is much more fun and easier to carry in!
Jodi
Old 06-16-2004, 04:26 PM   #12
Stampin' Fool

Thank you all so much for answering so quickly. I have another workshop on Saturday, so I definitely have to solve this problem quickly. You've given me a lot of great ideas to work with.

Carolyn
Old 06-16-2004, 06:55 PM   #13
Polyshrink Goddess

I use my Longaberger baskets!
Old 06-18-2004, 11:00 AM   #14
Pearl-ExPert

I use a Stampin' Up bag that my upline (Thank You Mom!) gave me. It's about 14"x16"x5" and has Stampin' Up embroidered on the side. I can fit everything in there (it has a ton of pockets) except my catalogs & customer folders. They go in a rolling backpack.

When I say Mom, I mean it, my Mother is my upline. I love it when she visits! We stamp away.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:36 AM   #15
Stampin' Fool

Thanks for all of your help. Hopefully I'll be better prepared next time.

Carolyn
Old 07-26-2004, 05:42 AM   #16
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: I don't stamp, I just talk about stamping on the internet!
Default What I carry in to workshops

I use a Rubbermaid tote. It's a medium size and just fits behind the seats in my minivan and the door will still close! In it I can stand up a 12x12 sample scrapbook, then have room for the stamp sets, the project packs (I do THO and have these great plastic file cases that hold mostly everything - wish I could find more of those!), my box of sample cards, and lumpy things like the credit card imprinter and some 3-D samples.

I take my catalogs in the Great Rewards tote and that works out well. I don't use binders (although I did buy them all and then scrap that idea after two workshops!).

I usually ring the doorbell with only my catalog tote and then greet the hostess and see what her setup is and set that down. When I go out for my tote I know where I'm going with it and sometimes if her DH is there, he will bring it in for me . But, I always make sure that I CAN lift it myself! ha! ha!

Staci
Old 07-30-2004, 04:14 PM   #17
Die Cut Diva

What is a one sheet wonder??
Old 07-30-2004, 04:22 PM   #18
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by billsbrowneyedgirl
What is a one sheet wonder??
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...e+sheet+wonder
try that link
Old 07-30-2004, 04:42 PM   #19
Inking Addict

I have found the best bags to carry my stuff! To my workshops I use a rubbermaid bin for most of the workshop stuff. But then I never feel quite comfortable without my personal stuff....just in case! I have friends that used to sell MK and they gave me their demo bags....they are awesome! They have eight see-thru zippered pouches velcro'd to the inside with space for card stock and tons of supplies! It never fails that someone at a workshop wants to see something that I didn't plan on showing...but since I have my stuff with me I can usually pull it off on the spur of the moment. I've seen the MK bags on Ebay for like $12....but you may be able to get one free if you know someone - or trade for one! I traded a catalog for one of mine!