Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-06-2004, 09:40 PM   #41
New Mommy

OMG!!! I'm so sorry to hear about Sweetie!!! She was a very pretty kitty and I'm glad she got to be at home and with you when you put her down. Just curious, what is FIV? I've never heard of it.

Again, sorry for your loss.
Jennifer
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-06-2004, 09:47 PM   #42
Polyshrink Goddess

FIV is the same as HIV, but in cats. Usually spread by blood or saliva when they are fighting. There is a vaccine available that is fairly new, but there even if they're vaccinated there is no guarantee they won't get it. If your cats go outside at all it might be good to ask your vet about. Give your babies a kiss from me.

Crystal
Old 09-06-2004, 10:19 PM   #43
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Alta Loma, CA ~~ With the *Girls* ~~~~~~~ Rubi, BeckyZ and Bia

Andrea Jackson -

Our cat Snowball could be your cats twin. She looks just like her. Snowball thinks that she is the queen of the house. Just a few minutes ago she was yelling at me because the food in her bowl wasn't just how she likes it. She wants the entire bottom of the bowl covered before she eats. And if she thinks that she isn't getting enough attention or if her bowl is empty she poops on my bed!! Needless to say, she is not real high on my list these days.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:39 AM   #44
Crimping Master

ginapier,

Thanks for starting this post; it's been fun to see everyone's cute cats! I noticed you are from LI, what part? I grew up in Ridge. Got to drink that lovely contaminated Brookhaven well water! I think I'm glowing!!

I notice you have curly hair too. Do you visit the message boards at Naturally Curly? I love visiting there almost as much as I love this site. Lots of good resources for curlies. (sorry to stray off the cat topic; I'll get back to it right away.)

When I was a kid, we had a cat, Stash, who was an outdoor cat. My parents decided to give him away to a lady who was about an hour's drive away, maybe longer. Well, 6 months later, didn't that cat show up on our doorstep! When we finally moved away, we had to leave him because we were worried he would try to walk from Rochester to LI. Luckily the new owners were cat friendly and said he could stay.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:47 AM   #45
Pearl-ExPert

Default I love cats!

I have three boys.

Mover the Tabby and Little Orphan Andy fighting over my computer chair:

Famous Amos (the cookie cat) ready for Easter Dinner:

NASCAR Andy: His little head was whipping around this day!!!

Those are my boys!

NY Nan
Old 09-07-2004, 04:38 AM   #46
Die Cut Diva

ny nan looks like your cats have very fun personalities!!!!
Old 09-07-2004, 04:45 AM   #47
Pearl-ExPert

They do! And each of their personalities are different.

Mover is my lover cat. And he's very vocal.

Amos is very skittish. But loves to cuddle at night.

Andy has ATTITUDE! He's the one that wants to take on all the stray dogs in the neighborhood! They are afraid of him too! When he starts moving towards them, they run away!

They are like brothers. Sometimes they wrestle and/or fight. Sometimes they cuddle with each other. And they all worry about where the other ones are if they don't come home on time.

Just like kids!

NY Nan
Old 09-07-2004, 01:40 PM   #48
Inking Addict

Crystal- I'm so sorry about your sweetie! FIV is a hard disease It sucks when you get a cat from the shelter and they have it.

Definately vaccinate your animals if they go outside! Its not a bad idea to do it if they don't go outside just in case anything happens! Also there is a test for FIV and Feline Leukemia that you can do when you find a stray kitten or get one from a shelter. That way you know if it does have it what you are up against and to keep your kitty away from other cats I'm really sorry crystal .
Old 09-07-2004, 01:42 PM   #49
Inking Addict

Debbie! Oh no!!! She poops on your bed!!! Thats awful, my cat screams pretty much all the time... Sometimes I dunno what he's screaming about. He does act like he owns the place. Usually if i"m working on homework or typing he needs to sit on whatever it is i'm working on! Also if you're cooking... it really doesn't matter what it is... he thinks he needs to eat it. Silly cat
Old 09-07-2004, 01:44 PM   #50
Gabfest Goddess

I have a kitty ~ I'll have to find a pic and post it!

Her name is Alley Cat (she looks exactly like the cat on the Alley Cat Cat Food box, only long haired). She adopted us after her owner abandoned her (he was our next door neighbour's cat). She's about 10 or so, we're not positive.

She's now our real baby as we lost our dog a few weeks ago, and her "sister" Rasta last year.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Old 09-07-2004, 05:23 PM   #51
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
Demo Challenge Leader
Splitcoast Challenge Host

Location: South of Oklahoma, North of DFW Airport = North Texas!

Love this thread! I'll include a picture of my furry 'girls', Sonnet (left) and Symphony (right). Symphony came first, and was NOT impressed when my family gave me Sonnet a couple of years later!! They posed themselves like this without human interference .... but usually prefer a little more distance between each other!

Smiles!
~TexasGrammy
Attached Thumbnails
2cats_flowers_cropped.jpg  
Old 09-08-2004, 02:25 AM   #52
Pearl-ExPert

Oh my!
They are so pretty! They look regal.

NY Nan
Old 09-08-2004, 03:14 AM   #53
Polyshrink Goddess

Default this is the best thread ever!

I have enjoyed seeing everyones cute furry kids! I have 4 myself - one is my avatar - thats miss jezzie. Then I have Deebo, Piglet and Miss Maggie. Jezzabelle and Deebo were stray rescues that my ex husband brought home. Jezzie got pregnant on practically day one. While she was waiting to deliver Deebo got fixed (still hasn't forgiven me for that). Piglet and Maggie are 2 of her 5 babies and I talked my parents into taking the other 3. That way I can still visit!!

Anyway - since I am 35 and divorced it looks like these are the only kids I will ever have so I spoil them all rotten!! Love them to pieces!

Yes, it looks like I am growing up to be that crazy cat lady - who all the neighborhood kids are a little frightened of..... hee hee
Attached Thumbnails
deebo_and_piglet.jpg   jezzie_and_maggie.jpg  
Old 09-08-2004, 10:57 AM   #54
Gabfest Goddess

Here are my babies! Q is a 12 year old male Maine Coon with big beautiful blue eyes and Dexter is a 3 year old male. We got Q at the shelter when he was 4 weeks and he's either following me everywhere or sitting on my lap constantly. He's deaf and very loud and vocal. He has a very sweet personality. He doesn't meow correctly, it almost sounds like a yodel I guess this is because he can't hear.

Dexter is very shy and afraid of his own shadow. He's pretty much a loner and won't sit with anyone. He does like to cuddle with Q. We found him behind our house in the woods. He was around 7 weeks and starving. He kept sneaking out of the woods and licking the grease off our grill. We had to put out cat food and then sneak up behind him and grab him while he was eating. He's very fat and happy now.
Attached Thumbnails
cats_sleeping.jpg