Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-13-2007, 03:14 PM   #1  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wedding Favor advice

Have you done or seen a stamped wedding favor? I need to make about 225-250.

I am thinking of making 2-4-6-8 boxes out of vellum. (I have done 400 for another event so I know what that entails.)

I saw on another site glassine envelopes with candy. They looked really cute. These were printed--Can you stamp on them?!?

ALL opinions, comments, and advice is GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks from the frantic sister-in-law!! ;)

my blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2007, 03:20 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

For my sister's wedding, we printed/stamped on avery address labels and then adhered those to wrapped votive candles. Then we put those inside tulle and tied with ribbon. What was nice is that we easily printed out all those labels and the labor intensive part was wrapping the candles in tulle - but even that went by fast when you have 3-4 people doing it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2007, 03:25 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Browse for a bit in the "Anything BUT a Card" section of the gallery.
You might do "Sour Cream Containers" filled with little candies.
Or "Tiny Baskets". These are really easy.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

This is a fairly easy favor to make: Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
The card stock is 3x8.5 (so you get 3 per 8.5x11 piece of card stock with scraps left over to make the tags), scored at 3.75, 4.25 and 4.75. The folds form a W at the base of the favor. The hole is made with the 1 3/8 circle punch and the candy is held in a small cello bag that is folded over and fastened with a brad. One of my customers is making these into bridal shower favors, except that her base is shimmery white CS and instead of designer paper she is using prettyu in pink card stock that is stamped with stars (The stars are part of the shower theme). She ordered a personalized stamp fromSU with the bride & Groom's name and wedding date to stamp on the tag. the is also uing brads to fasten the favors, but an alternative for a wedding would be some organdy ribbon. Just a thought.

Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2007, 03:55 PM   #5  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithdiane
This is a fairly easy favor to make: Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
The card stock is 3x8.5 (so you get 3 per 8.5x11 piece of card stock with scraps left over to make the tags), scored at 3.75, 4.25 and 4.75. The folds form a W at the base of the favor. The hole is made with the 1 3/8 circle punch and the candy is held in a small cello bag that is folded over and fastened with a brad. One of my customers is making these into bridal shower favors, except that her base is shimmery white CS and instead of designer paper she is using prettyu in pink card stock that is stamped with stars (The stars are part of the shower theme). She ordered a personalized stamp fromSU with the bride & Groom's name and wedding date to stamp on the tag. the is also uing brads to fasten the favors, but an alternative for a wedding would be some organdy ribbon. Just a thought.

Diane
Hey Diane - Is your link from the demo-side of the boards? I can't get to it.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:15 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat
Hey Diane - Is your link from the demo-side of the boards? I can't get to it.
Me either... it says I don't have permission to read the thread.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2007, 05:16 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I vote for the 'sour cream containers'. We did 100 in a Saturday for my sisters wedding. We were able to get 4 from 1 page of paper which helps on the costs. You can put candied almonds, kisses, choc nuggets (mini hershey bars with the date and couple info).....
They were fun as the colour combos are easy to match to the theme as you can use any ink or paper. Just invest in Sticky Strip from SU or Tacky Tape from Michaels.

HTH
Stephanie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2007, 05:51 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Another idea

I've never made a sour cream container, but I made 400 very similar little triangle boxes for a friend's wedding. I used 12 x 12 cardstock that I stamped with various wedding stamps. Her colors were black & white, so I used white ink with black cardstock. After stamping, I cut into 6 x 3 inch rectangles, scored that in the middle, and then scored from the middle to the outside edge to make a triangle. You do that on each side of the middle fold. Fold it together so that the little box looks like a triangle, hole punch on each side, fill with a few kisses & hugs, and thread ribbon through the holes. I made a little tag to tie onto the box that said, "Hugs and Kisses from the New Mr. & Mrs."
If this box has a name, I'm sorry, but I don't know it. I hope that you have fun making your favors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2007, 06:14 PM   #9  
Forum Fanatic

A thought I had was to check out the Patti-Wack Coluzzle templates. Doesn't work if you hate the Coluzzle, but they make it really easy to use your favourite patterned cardstocks or papers. Just thought I'd throw the idea out there.

Here is a link to them at the CreativExpress website. They also have a pillow box template and a few other container styles.
http://www.creativexpress.com/store/...=search&page=1
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

For my DD wedding, I made little "matchbooks". Had a name stamp made with the newlyweds name and date, inked in wedding colors. Decorated slightly around the edges. On the inside I mono'ed an Andies mint!! Everyone loved them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

For my DD's wedding last year, we used small Chinese "take out" boxes and filled them with little fortunes, a tiny bottle of bubbles, a scented tea light candle (found in sets of 12 in the $1 section at Michaels), M&Ms in their wedding colors and imprinted with their initials and for the kids, we included a couple little toys. On the outside, we glued on a small photo of a field of daisies that included a poem, silk daisies with "falling" petals and a little silver heart charm that hooked onto the wire handle. The top of the box was sealed with a little photo sticker of DD and her Hubby.

Here is a link for you...
http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...472&p=74402289

It's kind of hard to see the front of the box in this one, but maybe you can get the idea... I'm not at home right now, but if you'd like, I can access another photo or two that will better show the box.

-- kimB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2007, 07:08 PM   #12  
Hardware Hotshot

I made 250 favors of the type Diane is describing for my in-laws 50th anniversary party several years ago (sorry, I don't have a picture). I stamped with gold Brilliance ink on vellum, then printed my in-laws names & "50 years" on vellum & punched it out with a circle punch. I adhered that circle to a slightly larger circle of brushed gold cardstock. I fastened all that to the closure of the favor. Inside we put several of the gold-wrapped Hershey kisses. This was definitely time consuming, but I stamped whole sheets of vellum, then cut them, so that part went faster.

I'll try to give a *rough* description of the favor holders. (This is based on my best recollection, so I apologize in advance if I am off on parts of it). Take a strip of cardstock (or in my case vellum) that is about 3"x8?". Place wrong-side up. Fold 1/4" down at the top edge (so 1/4" of the "right" side is showing). The easiest way to figure out the other three folds it to now take the bottom edge & fold it up to the inside of the top crease (tuck it under the 1/4" flap). Now, unfold & reverse this fold (so now it folds "in"). Then on 1/4" (or maybe it's 1/2??) on either side of that fold, fold once again in the opposite direction. Then fold the bottom flap back under the top again. It should form sort of a triangle with a "w" at the bottom if you were looking from the side. Then you adhere a small bag of goodies inside.

Good luck!

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

OOPS.. Sorry Ladies -- I gguess I did post it in the demo only gallery. Here is a link to a similar project from Menolly13. The only thing I did different was to attach a layered tag (made with the regular and small tag punches) and attach it with a brad at the top of the favor, instead of having the circular tag hang down with ribbon. ALso, I took a piece of designer paper slightly smaller than the front of the favor and layered it on for visual interest, but obviously using stamped CS the way Menolly13 did works as well. here's the link to her project: Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2007, 04:37 AM   #14  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampwithdiane
OOPS.. Sorry Ladies -- I gguess I did post it in the demo only gallery. Here is a link to a similar project from Menolly13. The only thing I did different was to attach a layered tag (made with the regular and small tag punches) and attach it with a brad at the top of the favor, instead of having the circular tag hang down with ribbon. ALso, I took a piece of designer paper slightly smaller than the front of the favor and layered it on for visual interest, but obviously using stamped CS the way Menolly13 did works as well. here's the link to her project: Gallery at Splitcoaststampers
I don't have a picture of it but a friend of mine made something similar to this for her niece's wedding. It was white, dry embossed on the side with the punchout and the punchout picture was a picture of the couple when they got engaged. The other side had the particulars of the wedding printed on it - couples name, date, etc. They were really lovely.

Hope that helps
Tammy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2007, 06:01 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Something I've seen as a new trend is to have guests make their own. You just set cello bagra out with and assortment of candied in hurricane glass containers with scoops. The candies should match the wedding colors of course. You can then have tags and attached ribbon for sealing the bag.

The display is beautiful and its fun for guests.

I'm a part time wedding coordinator and I know the first two weddings I'm doing this year will do this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-14-2007, 06:56 AM   #16  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julesiana
I saw on another site glassine envelopes with candy. They looked really cute. These were printed--Can you stamp on them?!?

You can stamp on glassine bags with StazOn inks, but it's tricky. The slick surface makes the stamp slide around which equals smudged ink.

You could use glassine bags with a stamped label instead of stamping the bag itself. Much easier while still giving you some fun options.

Reply With Quote Likes