Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #1
Kookie Creator

Default Water color paper; white paper??

Ok-

Sorry for the weird title thread but can't really think of something good to use. Here is my dilemma; I LOVE using watercolor paper when watercoloring a stamped image. It just make everything SOOO much better, between the blending and the water. HOWEVER, the color of the paper is almost vanilla/cream looking. SOO, for those of you that use the Strathmore pad paper, 1) do they make the watercolor paper in a WHITE color? 2) if you are NOT using a cream base, how do you mat the image onto the card to make it look "right" when using WHITE base?? That is my BIGGEST problem..it just looks awkward/weird!! I am attributing this to the watercolor paper COLOR..being creamish.

Also, I realize I could use a vanilla card base, but that's not in my budget right now as I make mass amounts of cards for school. Is the papertrey white decent to watercolor on?? I am looking for a WHITE watercolor paper that's decent. THANKS!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-09-2008, 10:41 AM   #2
Polyshrink Goddess

The Strathmore paper that I bought at M's is white. Not bright white but it blends in with a white card base. If you are using cream colored wcp but want to mat it on white have you tried coloring the background of the image you've colored? Color it in a light blue, pink, etc...

I haven't tried watercoloring on the Papertrey c/s but I've had good luck with GP white c/s, as long as I don't drench the paper in water it's okay. Good luck!
Old 02-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #3
Pearl-ExPert

I can't speak on Strathmore paper but Fabriano Artistico comes in both natural and bright white. You can buy it in a variety of block sizes at Dick Blick's. HTH
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!