Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-24-2005, 12:00 PM   #1  
Duchess of Dork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want opinions on "10" clubs

I know a lot of SU demos do the Stampers 10 clubs. The one that I was part of didn't work out well b/c some of the members "flaked" at the end. I think it made both my demo & me leary of trying these. I'm thinking of doing one with my business (not stamping) & want opinions.

If you've had a Stampers 10, did it work well? Did everyone participate? I can't host shows each month at my house. have you had a club that didn't meet at your house? I'd want to do shows at the hosts house each month, just can't at mine.

Have you ever been in a 10 club for any other company?

Thanks!

Lori
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 12:54 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

I have found that the 10 club ends up getting a little dragged out. When the minimum is $15, there isn't really much you can get for that price. I know some want to keep it around the minimum. I did 2 different clubs, one was $30/5, the other $25/6. I would do every other month as well, so it didn't seem too much to soon. That seemed to work much better. They were able to buy more expensive items and not feel like they were going over their limit, and instead of trying to find 10 people, you only have to find 5 or 6 to make the club complete. It ends up being the same in the end, but is over much quicker. There are a lot less people to try to coordinate orders as well. Hope that helps...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 01:07 PM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

My girls are VERY keen and wanted more......so we do 6 girls, 6 (straight) months with a $40 Cdn. minimum. We don't meet regularly, but about once every 3 months I plan a gathering, we get together, and I supply everything for a few techniques. They LOVE this idea and I think it's why they keep the club going!

I made them sign contracts....they flake, they pay....period. I was petrified this time around (2nd club) as the one girl does tend to flake a bit.....after 3 weeks of waiting for her to pay & pickup her order, I called her and said "I hate to say this but if you don't bring me payment by Friday, I will have no choice but to also ask you for your payment UP FRONT for the rest of the duration. I cannot afford to carry your purchases each time, unfortunately. But is there something we can work out that will work better for you?"

She came over and we discussed her options. She now is giving me $30 of her paycheck that preceeds the order...the balance comes out of her next one. I've also "capped" her purchases so that I don't get stuck holding the bag....

May I add, the rest of my girls are AWESOME. At the end of each club, I give them a stack of IS's, an incentive stamp, and this time will give them each a couple sheets of new colors & some white/vanilla CS as a thank you.

The club is how I have kept my demostratorship....if not, my DH would have had a fit about December of last year and made me pack it in.....I'd be my only customer otherwise!

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 01:09 PM   #4  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My demo does 2 different ones; she does 30-4-5 and 50-4-3 I've done both so far and I really liked the 30-4-5 (that $30 for 5 months) not too hard on the pocketbook.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 05:51 PM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

I am in a 10 club and we have all been together for one and a half years! we just keep on going....our demo used to be a member of our club and then she became a demo and her upline gave us to her. We all tend to spend way more than the 15.00 dollar minimum. We can bring guests if we want to, they don't have spend....but they almost always do! We have a blast and have had some great grand totals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 06:04 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was in a $30-4-5 and really liked it. Now I am in a $15 and hope it works as well. I really like building my supplies on a monthly basis. It keeps the creative juices flowing.....from my demo to all of us. She's fabulous!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 06:31 PM   #7  
Duchess of Dork

Thanks so much! Sounds like the $30 for 5 mos. might work well. Do you think this would work with another company (Pampered chef is mine)? I have had 2 ladies say they'd be interested. I've just never heard it done w/ anything but stamping. Maybe $25 for 6 mos.? I don't want to send out info & then say I'm not going to do it. I'd love to hear opinions about this. I AM NOT trying to sell something here! Just trying to get your opinions. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2005, 09:40 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I don't see why it couldn't work with other companies as well. This is my 3rd year with a 10-15-10 club and it keeps me going as a hobby demo. My monthly sales are always $300-500 depending on whether the hostess has an in home workshop as well or gets outside orders. I'd say go for $25 for 6 mos, then you only need 6 people. I have always been a part of my club, so I get to be hostess one month also. Of course that means I have to order as well, but I would anyway. Good luck, Kathy

Not an artist, but Stampin'Up! makes me look like one!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2005, 04:44 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

I enjoyed my stampers 10 club. I would have continued to be in the club if I wasn't pregnant. If we had someone that flaked, there was usually someone who wanted to join in their place, but for the most part, everyone stayed in it. We always met at our demonstrators house, but we could meet at the hostess' house if they wanted.
Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2005, 03:56 AM   #10  
Kookie Creator

I am currently in a club that has 15 people, that's how many my demo can handle at her house. I've been in these clubs since I started purchasing SU products 5 years ago. Our first group was only 8 people and we had to spend $20. I have always ordered more than $20. I encourage new stampers to join a group as they get exposure to seeing how to use the products and different techniques. As long as my demo has a club I'll be in it. If she ever decides to drop the club I'll be looking for a new demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2005, 05:26 AM   #11  
Insane Embellisher

Im going into my 3rd year in the 150 club ($15.00 a month) I like the minimum, cause I can build up on reinkers, paper, new stuff without spending to much.

There are 11 ladies signed up and each month it is at a different hostess's house, and if they can't then the demo will have at her house, and she has sellebration month.

We have to turn in a wishlist along with a credit card#, and if you don't turn in your order on time, she will take stuff off your wishlist and charge it. We just started that, cause last 2 years everyone was late which made our orders come in late.

Each month we get to make 3 cards too, so its not like we go, place an order and leave, we at least get to make 3 cards using new items, techniques, things like that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2005, 08:31 AM   #12  
Gallery Gazer

WOW! I have been in a stamper's club for at least three years and NO ONE has ever flaked in any of my clubs! (Some have turned their orders and money in kind of tardy, though! LOL!) I have been in a 10 club in which you must spend $15 a month for 10 months, but I prefer the 6 month club in which you must spend $25 every other month, your hostess month is drawn randomly. My demo starts her 6 club in Sept. Nov. (skips December because it is such a busy month), early January, late February (technically "March" but held early because of sell-a-bration), May, and July. For me it is much easier to wait two months and place a slightly larger order than $15. (For the 10 club she skips the month of December and July, I believe?

My demo does offer to have the classes at her house but I almost always have them at my house because that way my friends that I invite know where I live and can get there more easily. If you just tell your club members they must have them at their house, I think they will understand! One of my club members got permission to have the party at her church, I believe!

She also gives us an option of a regular party (three demo'ed items the hostess only gets to keep, one of which everyone does as a make & take) Another option is a 5 projects for $8. Furthermore, you can do a 10 projects for $15 class. So, if we come to the classes with fees, we have to also pay the fees, but we get great cards, boxes and even scrapbook pages with those fees. We have the option of not going to the class and just placing an order, of course! I have never had a 10 for $15 party for myself, but I have attended them and really enjoyed them. They usually take 3 hours, though! July is a good time to do one of these and make Christmas cards and projects!

I would love to join a Pampered Chef 6 party, how much does it cost to ship to Washington? Good luck!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2005, 08:37 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Default I like the clubs and only one person ever left but for a

good reason so no one was upset. It gives everyone a chance to be the hostess and get the hostess goodies. I didn't sign for this year since it is offered in a time frame that is not good for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2005, 12:37 PM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Cool Question?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnaIguana
I have found that the 10 club ends up getting a little dragged out. When the minimum is $15, there isn't really much you can get for that price.
I joined a 10 x 15 club last year. You said that you cannot get much for that price, Was everyone required to actually SPEND the $15 each month?
My demo arranged so that each of us was paying $15 per month, but did not spend it until it was our month to be "hostess."
At the first meeting we each drew our month from "the hat." I spent my entire $150 in April, plus I added a few more items to my order (of course).
Also, we did not have a Stampin Up "party" each month. It was a Make'n Take held at a nearby school. We had a big table for working. Demo brought all the stuff needed -- pre-cut cards, ink, supplies. So we each made one or two cards per month and put our money "in the bank" to be spent later.
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2005, 12:58 PM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been in my club for just over a year now. I love it. We actually make 6 items at no charge to us except our min. order...last year it was $15 but this year it will be between $20-25 depending on how many ladies come each month. IT seems I usuallly have NO problem meeting the m in. order deal...ha! Our Demo also gives other 'non-members' the chance to come and make-n-take for $5....then they usually almost always place an order which is extra $ for the hostess...oh, we draw names at the beginning of our year and each member gets to reap the hostess benefits on the month they are drawn. I really enjoy it and usually find that it's well worth the time and money...I need the fellowship with other ladies and love the fact taht we actually get to make 6 things....try out our demos tools, learn new techniques, ideas...it's just great!!! It is like a mini workshop...not jsut placing an order. And, our demo is just out of this world. We meet at her house as it's centrally located and she has the space for all of us.

Sure, I think this would work for Pampered Chef....but make sure you make food for all to take home or somehow have several of the ladies bring ingredients for all to make and take one entree or something like that. Or, for a min. fee you provide all the ingredients, then they make and take, and place the min. order....I'm sure you could work it out but I'd love to go and make-n-take foods to freeze for meals later. Great idea for PC. And, who can't use more PC items in their kitchen??

Even in the longest day, life is still short.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2005, 01:06 PM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

I've been in a club for almost 5 years. I have now dropped out, but that's b/c I just signed up. We did $30 - 6 months and met every other month. Even though it goes over the $150 minimum it leaves room for one "flaker". I guess I'd be that person this time! Anyway, I was talking with a friend who just starting selling Creative Memories and she was thinking of trying the same thing with her scrapbooking stuff. She hasn't actually done it yet, but in theory, it seems like it would work for any "home party" company.

My gallery
My blog!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2005, 06:44 PM   #17  
Duchess of Dork

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurie FW
I would love to join a Pampered Chef 6 party, how much does it cost to ship to Washington? Good luck!!
Okay, but NO WAY can I come to do a Kitchen Show---my husband might frown on me saying, "I have a show tonight. I'll be back in a day or so!"

Thanks for the input on a Chef's club. Hmmm, what to call it?

Lori
Reply With Quote Likes