Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-20-2004, 07:47 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VersaMark, Embossing Powder, and tears

I was stamping and had to go to the bathroom...My son used that opportunity to dump my black detail embossing powder onto the VersaMark pad...needless to say, it is ruined. I tried a ton of stuff, but the powder just got deeper and deeper into the pad. The tears didn't help, I'm sure.

So let's have a moment of silence for the VersaMark pad....

Ok. That's enough. Anyone else have any kiddie stories?
Catie
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 07:56 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I'm sooooo sorry! My little man is only one, so I haven't had him really get into anything and ruin it...yet. However, the other day I was doing some embossing on the kitchen counter with the hologram embossing powder. I stopped for just a second to make him a PB and J, made the sandwich, cut it up, put it on his highchair tray, and kept embossing. It wasn't until he was 1/2 done with the sandwich that I looked over and one of the pieces he was shoving into his mouth was sparkling. I must have left some powder on the counter and accidently set the bread on top of it. He's still going full steam, so I guess a bit of sparkle with his sandwich didn't hurt!

Sorry about your VersaMark.

A.

Raising children is like being pecked to death by a chicken.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 08:01 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I know I have a few, but they aren't coming to mind. Yesterday while my neighbor was over borrowing stamps, her daughter started screaming from upstairs!!! We didn't put the stamps down, nor did we drop them, but instead went bolting up the stairs with stamp sets in hand!!! (The hermit crab was biting her hand... OUCH!!!)
Can't stop giggling at the 2 of you and your experiences!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 09:02 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Default kid stories

My kids are grown, married, and working on their own lives- but I have a couple stories. The first is catching DD scrubbing out the toilet with her father's toothbrush. Well- I grabbed her and scrubbed her up in the tub and forgot about the toothbrush... until I noticed DH using it- on his teeth! Should I or shouldn't I have told him what it had been cleaning previously? (Oh my gosh- I still get the giggles!!! Am I awful or what???)
DD had a thing with bathrooms- and this was way before SU! came along. Another time she and a little friend locked themselves in the bathroom and smeared the floor, themselves, the vanity, the toilet, and the walls as high up as they could reach with toothpaste. What a mess!!! But I had the mintiest bathroom in town! Another time, DD and her friend stuffed an entire roll of paper towels down the toilet. DH shared this story at DD's wedding last summer because the little friend was a bride's maid. DH had to totally dismantle the toilet and the plumbing underneath the floor to get the sodden mess removed. Did you know paper towels swell up when they get wet? DH had to use a chisel to remove the blockage. He must really love DD!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 09:12 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

My DD loves to "stamp". One night a friend and I were making some cards and Abby says "mom I use this"... pointing to my dazzling diamonds glitter... I said, no not right now, I need to help you with that. Get sidetracked with one of the other kids, turn my head and Abby has the glitter all over the computer, and my BIL black futon that we are holding for him.... URGHHHHHH....
Another time, right after I started stamping, again, DD wanted to stamp. I had a few stamp pads out and next thing I know her mouth is blue... she had gotten ahold of my bliss blue stamp pad and sucked the center of the pad white... I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
Kids are so fun... They crack me up ;o)
Blessings
Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 09:23 PM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Well my son is grown and my grandchildren live a long distance away but I do have a DC (dear cat) that just loves to walk all over everything I do! I have had her tip things and ink things...and even when I insist she stay down it's no good. I think she must have been creative in another life!!! LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 09:29 PM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My just turned 2 yr old EATS stamps!!! She has also ruined my versa mark pad. She likes to bite the rubber off. She has done it to an entire Alphabet while I was on the phone with a business call. I think she will get better.........IN ABOUT 2 MORE YEARS!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 09:29 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Grace: You will have to post some of your cat's creations :o)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 09:38 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa
My just turned 2 yr old EATS stamps!!! She has also ruined my versa mark pad. She likes to bite the rubber off. She has done it to an entire Alphabet while I was on the phone with a business call. I think she will get better.........IN ABOUT 2 MORE YEARS!!
I don't mean to laugh...and I am sorry Lisa! I really am....but dude! That...is so....funny!

Catie
Just sayin'
atie 2005

ND rules!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 09:49 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

O.K. a stamp story. DS got himself a pet ferret which he brought home from college- and left with us. DH falls in love with ferret. Ferrets LOVE rubber. Any rubber. They're not picky. A German friend said that they had problems with tires deflating outside their apartment- turned out the wild ferrets were eating the rubber on the tires. This particular ferret would go under the sink and steal my rubber gloves and 'ferret' them away in a secret hiding place. (Aha!- that's how we got that term...) If she was caught with said gloves and you took them away, she would have a literal hissy fit!!
So- what are stamps made of... RUBBER. That little vixen would sneak into the closed dresser drawers where I stored my stamps and would 'ferret' them away. I finally caught her in the act- she had torn open a hole under the couch and was hiding them up in the stuffing of the couch. DH and I turned the couch over and dug out handfuls of my stamps- and ferret toys- and rubber gloves- and ferret treats- the list goes on!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 09:52 PM   #11  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes.....looking back it is funny. this week I got all bundled up. I had a late night stamp fest and left my supplies out. I have a small house so I use the kitchen table a lot.....well, always. She got my brand new stamp set ans ate one of them off the block. I totally freaked. Like it was the 1st time or somthing. LOL. I found the stamp stuck to the side of this box that Fed-ex was coming for....ACK! then I spent the rest of the day looking for the itty bitty block that it was on. I was so stressed that she had swallowd it! I just kept thinking that when it came out it would be a really bad thing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 09:56 PM   #12  
Crimping Master

When my daughter (now 6) was teething, she LOVED to chew on rubber stamps! Just like LisaLisa's post above...she'd pull the rubber right off! I tried very hard to keep them out of her reach and her older sister tried equally hard to leave them where she could easily find them. Thank goodness rubber cement fixes them (as long as the kiddos don't swallow them first!) LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 10:12 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

My DC doesn't eat the rubber just any and all of my ribbons...and if I'm not careful she then proceeds to throw up all over my table...I don't think you would want to see one of these creations! Although I will keep the next spill or inky one. I have been keeping my door closed at the moment though as I have so much out and so many things to do that I just don't want her in my stamp space.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 06:42 AM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Too funny! I'm home from church with bad tummy and should not be reading this thread!

I was so happy to see new ink pads! I explain to my customers that although it may be a little tricky to open, it's a good thing because kids can't get into them as easily. My younger DD at the age of 2 or so decided to hand stamp with my ink pads - BLACK! on the floor. My flooring is some cheap vinyl (here when we moved in) and 409 did not remove it all. Did you know, black fades to some funky yellowy color? At least on cheap vinyl. Doesn't wash off skin the first washing either!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 06:46 AM   #15  
Gallery Gazer

This isn't a kid story - a loyal customer story! She was working on tags for a swap at my Stamp and Play and got glitter EVERYWHERE! It was late and we laughed - she had it on her clothes, hair, face. We made some bad jokes about where else it would show up! She had some around her nose and I joked about having glittery boogers. Well, her new nickname is Sparklesnot! I went home that night and made a yahoo email address as Sparklesnot2 - I wanted her to have the #1 designation! My 4 year old will walk by her and whisper "Sparklesnot" and giggle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 07:11 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

I also have a cat that LOVES to sit ON my work, right in front of me!! I usually have to move the cat to get to my stickers, or whatever he is laying on....lol My kids are a little older, my youngest is a 5 yr old boy, who loves to "scrap and stamp" as he calls it, and i allow him to use an old black pad with some stamps that i dont use, and he is pretty good with the ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-21-2004, 08:01 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa Lisa
OMG! Thank goodness she didn't choke. By the time I started stamping my dd was too old to be interested in putting things in her mouth and my son, when he came along, by age 1 still couldn't figure out how to use his own fingers to put cheerios in his mouth. His thumb, however, a totally different story.

I'm lucky to have always had my stamps kept up high on shelves, but even if I hadn't, my son was (oddly) not the type to put ANYTHING in his mouth but that darn thumb. And, that was lucky, too, all things considered.

My dd horrified me on more than one occasion by spotting a popcorn kernel or lint or something 20 feet away at age 2 and making a bee-line for it to stick it in her mouth. :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes