Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-04-2004, 10:55 AM   #1
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Use of staples?

Have you used the new colored staples before on your cards? They are great for adding vellum to cards ... however .. they look a bit tacky. Have you used some other kind of embellishment with your staples to jazz it up a bit?

Thanks,
Kimberly
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-04-2004, 11:20 AM   #2
Matboard Maniac

Default Staples

I have seen some really great samples of staples used in scrapbooking (mostly with torn edges held in place with the staples) at www.twopeasinabucket.com.

They are mostly about scrapping, but have a section of cards samples. Just type in staple or staples onto their search feature and they should come up!

HTH,

MrsDiffey
Old 09-04-2004, 08:14 PM   #3
Hardware Hotshot

So far I have only used them for bag toppers. When you attache the bag to the topper. and you don't want to use brads. Staple it so the back of the topper has the front of the staple. Then where the back of the staples are you will put the decorated piece over it. Noow the back doesn't have the back of the staples it looks "pretty" too.
Old 09-04-2004, 09:34 PM   #4
Insane Embellisher

Staples are part of the "shabby sheek" look. (I'm sure I spelled that wrong.) I have seen colored staples (or even silver ones) stapled onto the edge of two layers so that they are half on one layer and half on another layer. They look really cool in groups of two or three. In fact, let me see if I can find a card I can add staples to so you can see what I mean.

OK, I stapled one and will attach it. I did it quickly so the staples aren't straight but you get the idea.

(Stamps are from Border Builders, Ink is Ballet Blue and Rose Red. I am out of Rose Red cs so I brayered Rose Red ink onto white for the bottom layer.)

Anita
Attached Thumbnails
borderbuildersstapledhearts.jpg  
Old 09-05-2004, 04:15 AM   #5
Polyshrink Goddess

This is the sample that I did ... It was so easy to attach the velum to the front of the card ... but I don't think the card looks finished.
Attached Thumbnails
marbledstaples.jpg  
Old 09-05-2004, 05:18 AM   #6
Mad Swapper

Colored staple look great when you tear or distress your card or something on a card. I use the staples a lot to hold ribbon to a scrapbook page. It gives it a modern, yet unique look. Almost a SHABBY CHIC. I love them.

MM (the company that makes the staples) has idea books too. Beyond metal and attachments are great resources.

I just uploaded some cards that incorporate staples in the design. You should check them out.