Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update - Lovesrubberstamp

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to provide an update. I received a message today that my package was shipped. It also had an apology and explanation as to why there was a long time before the shipping (they were having personal issues).

I just wanted let everyone know. I will update this thread again when I receive the actual stamp.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 09:54 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the update. Some of us get really involved in issues like this. I'm glad you are getting your stamp, and that you got an explanation for the delay.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

People need to have a plan for personal issues and small businesses. I know most of us are quite understanding as long as we are kept in the loop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
People need to have a plan for personal issues and small businesses. I know most of us are quite understanding as long as we are kept in the loop.
I agree with this. I also felt it was strange to quickly delete comments from facebook, but not send me an email alerting me to what was going on. Unfortunately this has left a sour taste in my mouth and I would not order again, but I did want to post that the situation had been rectified.

Hopefully I will actually get the stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leona2025View Post
I agree with this. I also felt it was strange to quickly delete comments from facebook, but not send me an email alerting me to what was going on. Unfortunately this has left a sour taste in my mouth and I would not order again, but I did want to post that the situation had been rectified.

Hopefully I will actually get the stamp.
I hope you receive the stamp too, but I would not ever shop with them again. Personal issues or whatever, conscientious people communicate with their customers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 01:28 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Totally agree I would avoid them like the plague from now on. The explanation was too long in coming and the facebook delete too quick. They probably realised ( too late) the stuff up they had made. Keeping my fingers crossed the stamp is on its way as they say.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2014, 10:58 PM   #7  
Glitter Queen

I just sent a private msg. to their Facebook page letting them know that I wouldn't touch them "with a 40ft. barge pole .. so to speak". lol. They need to know!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2014, 12:01 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

Well, I agree. The reason that I believe it was resolved was because they found out about the thread here on the forum. They should have addressed the deletion of that comment first off. They could have chalked it up to as inexperience person running the fB page that day.

I'm glad it's all worked out. I really don't know if I could order from them. It's that deleted comment thing. It totally bugs me. If they would explain why they did it and promote never doing anything against a customer again, I would consider it. But,.... until then nah. I'll order else where.

There are plenty of small online stores to support.

I'm glad your order was taken care of. Thanks for sharing your experience Leona2025.... Oh, and you should post us a project that you used them on. I'm curious which stamps you bought. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2014, 02:34 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I am glad your order was fixed. I definitely agree deleting the FB was way over the top personal reasons or not. I know stress happens. Oh boy do I know after today, lol. It's not my customers fault. Don't know why they didn't post "Due to some personal issues we are having a small delay but will have orders in this timeframe." Crafting girls are really the most understanding consumers. We don't need a People exclusive just a little note. I am really happy you are getting your stamp.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-12-2014, 05:09 AM   #10  
Glitter Guru

Received 369 Likes on 219 Posts

I'm glad they're resolving the problem, but the Facebook thing bugs me too. If they had time to see and delete your post, they had time to acknowledge your concerns. We all have "personal issues." When we're running a business, we need to at least communicate extenuating circumstances to our customers. I would probably give them a second chance, but my order would be small until they proved themselves.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2014, 03:30 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Everyone -

I am the owner of the Loves Rubberstamps store and found out about this thread from goosha's post that she advised you about in this same thread in a post above that she had posted through our facebook page:

“Have just been reading about you/your company on Splitcoaststampers. Baaaad! Baaad! Wouldn't touch you with a 40ft. barge pole (so to speak).”

I have read through this thread and wanted to offer our side of things because we do take our customer service very seriously and never want anyone to have a bad experience shopping with us.

The order in question was placed in our store on June 28th (a Saturday) our shipping policy states that we are able to typically ship orders within 3 - 4 BUSINESS days - but sometimes in heavy volumes can take 5 - 8 business days to ship and if it will be longer we will contact the customer. So according to our policy the earliest ship date would have been July 2nd or 3rd, the longest it should have taken was by July 10th (4th was a holiday with the post office closed). Our policy is listed with a link on our main company page and again on the left hand side of the menu.

I will admit that I was one day late according to our policy in getting Leona2025's order shipped, it was shipped on July 11th.

The personal issue that happened was a very close friend of our's father passed away and we had been gone to attend the services, the visitation was July 2nd and the funeral was on the 3rd. When I got Leona2025’s order shipped - I did apologize to her for the shipping delay and let her know what had happened that caused the shipping delay when I sent her the tracking numbers for her order. We always provide our customers both in the US and overseas with a tracking number for their order.

The facebook post in question was placed on July 7th and here is the actual post:

My name is (I removed her real name for privacy reasons). I have called and emailed about my order several times. I ordered on June 28th and have received no information about my order. This is very unprofessional. I want an update on my order. My order number is 11793209. If I get no response I will have to take action to recovery my money. With this type of customer service I would not advise anyone to purchase from your store.

The post was not deleted from the facebook page, I did however decide to allow this post to only be seen by the admins of the page, the poster, and it is still allowed to be seen by anyone on her personal friend list.

The reason I did this was because at the time of the facebook post our store was not even given the opportunity to fill the order within the time frame of what our stated shipping policy advises it can take. At this time the message was posted - only 5 business days had elapsed and she mentioned she had already called and emailed several times to find out the status of her order.

Now I understand completely about getting excited about an order and wanting it immediately, I am always excited for things I order too… but I feel like you have to at least give the store the opportunity to fill the order in the time their shipping policies say it can take. Every store has to write their policies for the services they can provide to their customers. Some stores can ship the same day, others simply cannot but it is important for consumers to read through the policies of the store and give them a chance to meet those expectations before leaving negative and angry messages in a public forum.

Our store is still very new and we are working very hard to give the best customer service possible and make it a great place to shop for anyone, and one you can feel confident recommending to others to shop at.

To be completely honest with everyone in this post - we recently went through an extremely rough couple of months with multiple personal tragedies. We had 5 very close family members and friends pass away (3 completely unexpected), 2 very premature nieces born, one of our nieces developed NEC and we almost lost her, and a couple of very serious health scares with some close family members. We honestly were not prepared for the tragedy after tragedy that happened and our customer service during that time was not that great and suffered. We fell really behind in shipping and emails once things kept happening, and when we kept getting farther behind we knew we really needed to get the word out about the shipping and email delays.

We did post messages on our facebook page, both our company blogs, posted a notice on our main store page with notification about the shipping delays so customers knew up front before ordering on what was happening the best we could. We also set our email with an auto response to advise what was going on so people at least got a response because I was so behind in emails. That was great for those customers to know ahead of time before placing their order, but not so great for those who had already placed their orders prior to us starting to get the message out.

We did not do everything perfectly, there were definitely things that we could have done better, but at the time we did the best we could because we were not expecting the magnitude of things that happened. All we can do is try and learn from the mistakes we made and prepare better for the future when things happen.

We are human, we will make mistakes, and we will be the first to admit when we do and will always try and make things right with our customers when things happen. I do have to say that the overwhelming majority of our customers and people that I have met through this craft are very caring and understanding people. As someone mentioned above explanations do go a long way. We found that very true when we went through our rough patch and we were then and still are very grateful for that.

I didn’t post the part about our recent rough patch to get sympathy, I posted it because I know during that time, before we were able to get the word out I am sure that there were some negative conversations about our company and I feel really bad about that. Once we did get the word out, the majority of our customers were very understanding. Unfortunately, there are those very small few who don’t care for an explanation, who don’t care what happened and no matter what you try and do, you will not make it right.

That is why I chose to respond to this thread and post both the messages that were referenced for everyone to see them. Am I proud of receiving those messages, no, not in the least – but I felt it was important for them to be seen by those who read this thread, to have both sides of the story so you can make a better decision on how you feel about our store.

Leona2025 – I sincerely apologize again to you for any bad feelings or negative experiences you had when shopping at our store, it definitely was not intentional. I do wish you would have read or seen our shipping policy before ordering so you would have known the time frames we can ship in to avoid any confusion. I was able to get your package out the very next day and also let you know what happened that caused the one day shipping delay with your order so I honestly feel that in this case, we followed our policy. I really appreciate and thank you for posting the update that we did contact you, apologized, and explained what happened and gave you the tracking number for your order.

Goosha – I am sorry that you feel that way about our store. We have never had any dealings with you personally and I am sorry that we won’t in the future. While I was a little taken aback by your message, I do thank you for sending it because I would not have seen this thread otherwise.

Thank you to all of you who take the time to read through this and I am sorry for the length.
Sincerely,
Laura

Last edited by lovesrubberstamps; 07-13-2014 at 03:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2014, 04:32 AM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Laura-thank you for posting the complete story. I'm so very sorry for your losses...and for having to face so many in so short a time! I can't say where my head would be in the face of so much tragedy in such a short time if I owned my own business!!
We really are very a understanding community and it's sad that this whole thing came to light here, but we have been burned so many times by very unscrupulous companies, some of us have lost very serious amounts of cash...the key for us is clear, complete and quick communication so we don't panic.
Thank you again for being transparent.
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2014, 05:02 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Laura, my sympathies for your losses.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by klh54View Post
Laura-thank you for posting the complete story. I'm so very sorry for your losses...and for having to face so many in so short a time! I can't say where my head would be in the face of so much tragedy in such a short time if I owned my own business!!
We really are very a understanding community and it's sad that this whole thing came to light here, but we have been burned so many times by very unscrupulous companies, some of us have lost very serious amounts of cash...the key for us is clear, complete and quick communication so we don't panic.
Thank you again for being transparent.
Kathy
Kathy said it all, for me, too. So sorry for your losses.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2014, 07:50 PM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

Kathy said it for me too. I am so sorry for your losses too. My DH & I have lost a large number of loved ones in the past three years and we know the huge amount of mistakes it causes you to have in your personal life. Hugs to you.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

As I said in my other post and several of the messages I sent, I wasn't checking to see if my order had been shipped. Shipping wasn't the issue. I was trying to confirm whether or not you had the actual stamp in stock. I know I should have sent that question before the purchase, but I didn't think to. I had ordered the stamp before from a different store and received the wrong product.

I never once asked if my order had been shipped.

Also in my message you posted all I asked for was an update and I wasn't rude at all. I also pointed you to my previous posting myself. Perhaps I missed the messages on your facebook page and blog. I did check them and email directly. I also never received any kind of communication, but when I received the email about my shipment I did come right over and let everyone know.

The last thing I would do is ruin anyone's reputation.

I also didn't want to disclose your personal issue which is why I said your reasoning was explained. I understand personal issues as well.

Honestly I don't feel I did anything wrong. I didn't know that were personal issues at play. I didn't even take steps to recovery my money. I just let it go. I am sorry for the rough patch you went through and of course I understand.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2014, 08:57 PM   #17  
Insane Embellisher

Hi Laura, Thank you for your side of the sorry, and like everyone else, I'm truly sorry for any loss you have.

The thing that got all of us was when you hid the post there was no explanation with it,... none that she saw. It just came off a bit shady. As soon as she heard she posted it straight up for us. Now that we know, it isn't shady but the silence and the disappearance of the post came off that way. A simple note, "let us look into it for you would have been sufficient", especially, since this wasn't an order she was asking about. She just wanted to know if you actually had this retired stamp in stock.

I myself understand losses and personal issues. I deal with them on a daily basis. Crafters are very very understanding people. I'm sure you know this or you wouldn't be dealing with them as your livelihood. Of course you're going to find a few that the world revolves around and they don't care. I don't believe that any of us including Leona2025 feel that way.

Again. I too am sorry for your loss. I always give the benefit of the doubt when I'm given an explanation. It was the silence that made everyone upset, maybe next time when someone asks a question if you don't have the answer right away just let them know that you'll check into and get back with them.

Thanks again for giving a detail to what caused the issue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2014, 11:33 PM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Hi Leona2025 -

I think it was just a case of miscommunication and I am really sorry about that. I think it would be helpful for us to place an explanation of what the "On Order" means under our FAQ page when someone goes to our site to check on an order they placed.

The pappa shop software we use to run our store only gives a small drop down menu of what to say about the status of an order - the "on order" status is the default one and it just means that the order has been received by us but not shipped yet, not that we are out and have to order the products. They don't provide a "processing" which I really wish they did because that would make more sense I do see now how that could be a little confusing.

I do really appreciate that you did take the time to post the update that you had received the information on your shipment and things were explained. That really means a lot to us

Kathy - Thank you for your kind words, you are definitely right - communication is key! One of the things I have always loved and appreciated about the stamping community is how supportive everyone is. When we were going through our tragedies, the support and understanding was amazing once we were able to start getting the word out about what was happening. It really made getting through those tough times a little easier.

I totally understand about being aware of bad companies out there and protecting yourself so you’re not a victim, because unfortunately they do exist. I think everyone has had an unpleasant shopping experience at least once. I do feel that there are many wonderful companies as well, but I think no matter how wonderful a company is you will always find someone that didn't have such a great experience with them for whatever reason. I just always try and do a little research if I question whether or not I want to shop somewhere before ordering.

DeeAnn – I am so sorry for your losses as well. It is never easy to lose those you love, that’s for sure! Big hugs to you!

Denverkat276 – Thank you for your insight. Sometimes it is easy to not realize how your actions or the way something is handled may come across to others who are not aware of the entire situation, just parts of it. I didn't do it to be “shady” or intend it to be taken that way but I do see now how it could have been misinterpreted. I will definitely be more mindful of this in the future and I really appreciate you taking the time to give your thoughts on it. With our store being pretty new still, we are going to make mistakes, we just have to make sure that we learn something from these situations when they happen so we can do things better in the future

Thank you also to everyone else for the kind words and condolences. It was a very overwhelming time and nothing I would wish anyone would have to go through. It was really the support and understanding of our customers, blog followers, and our amazing DT coordinator, Holly and design team ladies that helped get us through. Without that I am not sure we would have!

Thank you again Leona2025 for posting the update to this situation. I hope that once your stamp arrives, you will share your project that you create with us

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Laura
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2014, 09:59 AM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Just received my order. It was the exact stamp I needed. So glad everything worked out! Can't wait to make something with it. Thanks everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes