Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-23-2005, 03:26 AM   #41
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin Wrose
Thank you, Karinlm, I was under the impression that the "mechanical" reproduction they are talking about is when you want to make a bunch of cards all the same, you can't just stamp one and copy the others....
you have to individually stamp each one.
Actually, Kathy, you are NOT wrong.
You know I wasn't quoting her right?

This is more from the email that I got...

"The clause in our policy regarding not electronically copying any of our images refers to the photocopying or otherwise mass-producing cards using our images, or using our images to decorate a magazine or newspaper article (other than having a card or scrapbook page displayed in a magazine or newspaper) or flyer. In other words, although we do make an exception for our demonstrators and allow them to stamp and then photocopy flyers for advertising their workshops, this is an exception and a group could not use our images in reproduced newsletters, flyers or published articles."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-23-2005, 03:34 AM   #42
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Quote:

Originally Posted by karinlm
While on the subject of what is written on the back of the order form....

I have not gotten an order form since last spring so its been a year since I got a form. I'm not ignorant to their rules (even though I don't agree with some of them) but if they changed anything I would never know it if I never came here. Put someone who never goes on the internet and has bought SU stamps and never got an order form....they could have NO idea about SU's "angel" policy or even what an angel policy is.
Unfortunately, ignorance of the rules does not always work as an excuse. If it is accepted, it's a one-time-only thing, but I have heard of people getting in legal trouble on the first offense and losing the lawsuit filed by the copyright holder to the tune of a hefty chunk of change. In this digital age, and with the omnipresence of connections to the internet, copyright has become a serious issue and we are seeing widespread crackdowns on violators at all levels.
My point wasn't to say that that ignorance is an excuse but that there are people that don't get order forms and have no idea what is written on the back.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:23 AM   #43
Glitter Queen

If you care to, there are lists out there == LONG lists == of stamp companies and their angel policies. I remember printing one off several years ago. I think it was from Dragonhome's website.

this is the page I think Betsy is referring to http://www.littlebit.com/rubber1.htm she has done a ton of work in upkeep on this list plus she has many other useful links there too.

Years ago I owned a rubber stamp company and this "angel policy" was always an issue. Many stampers are not even aware of such an item and many said to me " once I buy the stamp I can do whatever I want with it". While we know this is not true most people think they will never get caught and never research each company's policy and trust me some have major hoops to jump thru to use their stamp. Bottom line is always check with the manufactor of the stamps to clarify the uses then you don't have to worry if the stamping police informants are watching you to turn you in. Plus if you always do what's right you don't have to worry about it anyway
BTW it is on the order form of SU but think about if you ever bought a stamp in a stamp store, AC Moore etc did they tell you the angel policy? nope. Did the manufactor put it on the stamp or a form to be given to the buyer? Nope but it still exists and it doesn't fall under the ole don't ask don't tell policy. Although I personally wish many things fell under that, like say bills..... I won't ask how much I owe and you don't tell me, imagine how much stamping $$$s we could have if that worked, no electric bill or house payment Yeah that's a lot of stamps I could buy with them dollars.

have a great day all and for goodness sake stamp something guick
Joyce
Old 03-23-2005, 05:22 PM   #44
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by karinlm
Quote:

Originally Posted by row4d
Unfortunately, ignorance of the rules does not always work as an excuse. If it is accepted, it's a one-time-only thing, but I have heard of people getting in legal trouble on the first offense and losing the lawsuit filed by the copyright holder to the tune of a hefty chunk of change. In this digital age, and with the omnipresence of connections to the internet, copyright has become a serious issue and we are seeing widespread crackdowns on violators at all levels.
My point wasn't to say that that ignorance is an excuse but that there are people that don't get order forms and have no idea what is written on the back.
That's why I said it was unfortunate. Those copyright lawyers don't mess around.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 03-23-2005, 05:50 PM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm concerned about the idea CD...it isn't the one demo's could buy at conventionis it? It was only available for purchase if you attended convention last year, and if memory serves correctly, it sold for around $16. Or did she scan and burn 1000 of card ideas on her own?
Just curious.

.* .*))
-::-
((.*~
Beth.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...

I'm always up to Something...
My Daughter is up to stuff too!