Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-17-2007, 06:19 AM   #1
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Unmounted background stamps?

I've unmounted most of my regular stamps and am contemplating what to do with my background stamps. They take up way too much room. Has anyone unmounted them? Do you remount them on ez mount or leave them with the bare rubber? Also, how do you stamp with them? I have a hard time getting a good impression from background stamps as it is, so any hints or tricks would be appreciated. Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-17-2007, 07:05 AM   #2
Stazon Splitcoast

I actually prefer background stamps to be unmounted.

I lay the rubber face up on my desk, put my card on it and press the card into the rubber. You should use a brayer, but I just use my fingers. (I have all sorta texture ones where it doesn't matter if there is some shifting)

You totally could mount them on the EZ mount stuff though.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:07 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

Actually you'll probably have an easier time, then, with them unmounted. Until I became a demo, I never mounted my SU stamps. Well, except for those that were used constantly, that is!

You might try just unmounting ONE background stamp to test the waters before doing all of them. To use the stamp, lay it flat on the table, image side up. Ink it up either by patting it with the ink pad or by using a brayer to pick up ink and then rolling it onto the stamp. Then just lay your cardstock on top of the stamp. Use another piece of paper over the cardstock to protect your fingers from getting inky as you smooth the cardstock down onto the stamp. You need to make sure you get pressure everywhere so the image transfers completely.

Ta da! That's it...just peel it off the stamp carefully and you have a perfect image.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:55 AM   #4
Crimping Master

Mine's unmounted (all of my bg stamps), on creative cling, and I use it with a very large acrylic block I got from TAC

Hope this helps.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:37 AM   #5
Forum Fanatic

I much prefer unmounted background stamps! I use unmounted rubber stamps most of the time- but for the background stamps, I don't even put them on an acrylic block.

I put the stamp face up, then place the thing I want stamped on top of it, then cover that with a spare piece of paper and rub to make sure I get a good impression. I've only ever "slipped" once- so it works great!

So I say go for it!
Old 12-17-2007, 08:57 AM   #6
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

I'm going with the rest of these ladies....my BG's are unmounted, on cling but I just lay them on the table and put the paper on top and brayer over it....

Denise

Old 12-17-2007, 09:01 AM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for all of your help. I think I'll start over Christmas break with one background stamp and see how it goes!