Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-23-2005, 07:24 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trying to figure out how many cards to make...

A friend of mine from college is getting married next weekend, and I've been trying to figure out what to give him and his new bride since I don't have a lot of money to spend on a gift. I came up with the idea of stamping a nice set of thank-you cards. I want to be sure I make enough so that the gift is useful, though. I was just talking with my boyfriend, who is going to the wedding, and he said that he doesn't know how big the wedding is but that the church seats about 200 people. I know I can't make anywhere near that number, but I didn't think that many cards would be needed anyway. I know several of you have done cards for weddings before, so I figured that someone would have an idea of approximately how many I should try to make based on the size of the church. I've only tried something like this once, and the lady who commissioned them had a set number for me.

Now that midterms are over and I've been able to catch up on sleep, I finally have some stamping time. I plan to send the package to my boyfriend Priority Mail no later than Tuesday, both so it can get there in time and because that morning I'll be getting my next project statement for studio so my free time will once again be gone!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2005, 07:30 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Many people order thank yous with their wedding invitations. I would make general thank yous for everyday use rather than wedding themed ones. It's a nice gesture, but the bride may feel that her toes have been stepped on if she is the type of person that plans every single detail ahead of time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2005, 07:33 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen70
Many people order thank yous with their wedding invitations. I would make general thank yous for everyday use rather than wedding themed ones. It's a nice gesture, but the bride may feel that her toes have been stepped on if she is the type of person that plans every single detail ahead of time.
jen has a good point. many order a package deal of invites and thank you cards. are they moving into a new house together? if they are it could be fun to do pretty change of address cards. if not a wonderful assortment of great card would be such a wonderful gift.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2005, 07:34 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

What a thoughtful gift! I don't think you need to make enough for them to use for the wedding guests. Chances are, they bought TY notes to match the invitations. I would suggest you make them so that they can be used later for other notes. Make as many as you feel comfortable making. I made my sister some note cards for her graduation and she loved them. As far as an actual number, ummmm, maybe 2 dozen? Just a number I pulled out of the air. We'd love to see them when you've done them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2005, 08:06 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was gonna say 25 too....although, like everybody else has mentioned, maybe not "wedding" thank yous. "New House," basic "Thank yous" or maybe some monagrammed notecards.... Whichever, I think it's a really nice gift...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-23-2005, 08:08 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

They weren't going to be wedding-themed. The first gift idea I had was to carve a candle at work, but I have no idea if either of them would like that. The card design I was thinking about uses Simple Sketches, and I was going to make a congratulations card that sort of went along with them using the couple stamp from Summer by the Sea. Don't worry, I will be sure to post both to my gallery when I'm done!

I'm not sure how many details were carefully planned, and have actually never met his fiancee. The whole thing was pretty quick -- they met less than a year ago, and were engaged earlier this year!

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I will make as many as I am able to between now and Monday night, and we'll see what I end up with! My boyfriend wasn't really able to spend money on a gift, either, so he offered TJ a free place to stay as he traveled between Philly and Annapolis to plan the wedding!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes