In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2008, 04:40 PM   #41
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappy knitterView Post
It's funny how quickly we see what we like in the work of others while often missing how we also have work to be proud of!

You ladies have done a wonderful job on these cards.

I had to add this one for a a couple of reasons: I love irises and I'm pleased at how using this photo worked well and I really liked the little pearly brad as well.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=107404

I know what you mean about not seeing the value in our own work sometimes. I think it is because we have invested so much time and effort...or something like that!

Your card is lovely! I love taking pictures of flowers and your iris is beautiful. Thanks for playing!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #42
Die Cut Diva
 
MaryAnnK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Between the devil and the deep blue sea
Posts: 3,273
Default

Wow, ladies, I've seen some beautiful cards in this thread. The talent around here is just amazing.

Lately I've made several cards that I really like, but I think I have to go back to this one as my favorite:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...089&perpage=96

It probably took more work than most of my other cards and was so totally different from anything I had made before. Thanks for taking a peek at it.
__________________
Mary Ann
GALLERY
Fan Club member since 4/08
MaryAnnK is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:06 PM   #43
Die Cut Diva
 
wagleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TX
Posts: 3,113
Default

I've really enjoyed seeing all your favorites. They are beautiful.
Here's one I really love
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=65262
__________________
-Lorie-
.*.*-::-.*-::-- .* .*
wagleg is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:05 PM   #44
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryAnnKView Post
Wow, ladies, I've seen some beautiful cards in this thread. The talent around here is just amazing.

Lately I've made several cards that I really like, but I think I have to go back to this one as my favorite:
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...089&perpage=96

It probably took more work than most of my other cards and was so totally different from anything I had made before. Thanks for taking a peek at it.
Not only had I seen this card of yours, I was the first to comment on it! If I remember correctly, this card is the one that finally pushed me over the edge to get my CB (and those lovely folders too!). Love it!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #45
Polyshrink Goddess
 
ILdyson76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mid-America
Posts: 619
Default

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=155049
Is my favorite, because it won the first contest I ever entered! I worked on it for a couple hours, and then it sat on my desk for a long time. A friend talked me into submitting it for the CKC contest in our area. Glad she did!
__________________
My Blog:
http://dysongirl76.blogspot.com/
ILdyson76 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:11 PM   #46
Stampin' Fool
 
stampinchampin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 1,352
Default

Oh my how wonderful the cards are. There are some real artist here! I am a bit intimidated but thought what the heck! The card I chose was inspired by the actual wedding invitation which was the same colors and size. I took a pic of the two of them together just didn't post it. But I was proud of how this one turned out.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=140468
__________________
#24 Fan!
My Gallery
stampinchampin is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:20 PM   #47
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILdyson76View Post
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=155049
Is my favorite, because it won the first contest I ever entered! I worked on it for a couple hours, and then it sat on my desk for a long time. A friend talked me into submitting it for the CKC contest in our area. Glad she did!
I LOVE dahlia folds! this one is lovely... the colors and stripes are so classy! Thanks for playing!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #48
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinchampinView Post
Oh my how wonderful the cards are. There are some real artist here! I am a bit intimidated but thought what the heck! The card I chose was inspired by the actual wedding invitation which was the same colors and size. I took a pic of the two of them together just didn't post it. But I was proud of how this one turned out.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=140468
This card is one of my favorite color combos. You can't go wrong with brown, white, and any other color, especially that sage! Very nice!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 04:27 PM   #49
Polyshrink Goddess
 
tx stamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Katy, TX
Posts: 684
Default

What a great idea! thanks!

This CARD of mine is my all-time favorite! If you are not logged in to SCS, you cannot view it because it is using a SU sneak preview for hostess sets.

I just love how it all came together and the scallop stitching bordering the ribbon, the watercoloring. I just love it all! I gave this to someone for them to use it to give to THEIR secret sister. I wanted to keep it so bad though! I keep thinking I am going to make myself a set of these to use, so I think I'd better!

Thanks for starting this thread and thanks for looking!
__________________
---Laurie---My SCS Gallery----My blog----Digital Shop
tx stamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:21 PM   #50
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Laurie,

Your card is just stunning! I made a card last night with that same set, and mine pales in comparrison. I love your coloring and the CB'd background. very nice..... thanks for playing!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 03:01 AM   #51
Rubber Obsessor
 
barbr3271's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Caledonia, NY
Posts: 104
Default

Hey this is a really cool thread!
Thanks for posting it!
Here's mine...I love this card because it was a spontaneous mini sketch I created using my Earth Element Spots, sponges and sponge applicators.
It is one of those cards that just happened.
That seems to be the way most of my cards materialize... I just seldom have a plan when I start.just let the creative juices flow..

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=159186
__________________
Barbara Ann,
The Naughty List
SU Demonstrator
SCS Fan Club Member

http://expressivecreationsbybarbaraann.blogspot.com/
barbr3271 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:24 AM   #52
Die Cut Diva
 
RIRed2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,660
Default

my goodness all you ladies are so talented, your cards are fabulous, needless to say I do not have one that I think is that good, and after looking at these I should just close down my little gallery Im new, and trying
__________________
Daughter of a King
My Blog
Rebekka
RIRed2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 06:46 AM   #53
Compulsive Stamper
 
Pandora Spocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 46
Default

I've really enjoyed looking at everyone else's cards. Very inspiring!!

This is my favourite and best card. I love my Bellas. I love the colours, the layout, the ribbon, the textures, everything. (Boy that sounds really immodest doesn't it?

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=66461

Last edited by Pandora Spocks; 08-01-2008 at 06:47 AM.. Reason: edited bc I apparently need to take "Linking 101". And I still didn't get it right!
Pandora Spocks is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:53 AM   #54
Mad Swapper
 
mtgchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 1,770
Default

I have loved going to all of these cards...I'm pretty sure I commented on all of them because they were all great!

This is one of my earlier cards (ha, by "earlier" I mean three weeks ago!), but it is still the "card standard" at my house...as in, when I show my husband a great card, he'll say, "That card is almost as good as 'courage'" and when I show him a not-so-great card, he'll reply with "Well, they can't all be 'courage.'"

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=182912
mtgchic is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:38 PM   #55
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbr3271View Post
Hey this is a really cool thread!
Thanks for posting it!
Here's mine...I love this card because it was a spontaneous mini sketch I created using my Earth Element Spots, sponges and sponge applicators.
It is one of those cards that just happened.
That seems to be the way most of my cards materialize... I just seldom have a plan when I start.just let the creative juices flow..

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=159186
wow... that's a stunner! thanks for playing along
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:43 PM   #56
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIRed2View Post
my goodness all you ladies are so talented, your cards are fabulous, needless to say I do not have one that I think is that good, and after looking at these I should just close down my little gallery Im new, and trying
RIRed2, you are too modest... I didn't believe you so I checkout your gallery and picked one for you:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...882048?cpage=2

I've never tried a brayerd background and wouldn't know where to start if I actually owned a brayer. Your mountains and colors in this card are just lovely!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #57
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pandora SpocksView Post
I've really enjoyed looking at everyone else's cards. Very inspiring!!

This is my favourite and best card. I love my Bellas. I love the colours, the layout, the ribbon, the textures, everything. (Boy that sounds really immodest doesn't it?

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=66461
What a hip-chick! I love those colors and all that texture. and hey.. the whole point of thread it to toot your own horn... being immodest is what it's all about!!

thanks for playing!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #58
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtgchicView Post
I have loved going to all of these cards...I'm pretty sure I commented on all of them because they were all great!

This is one of my earlier cards (ha, by "earlier" I mean three weeks ago!), but it is still the "card standard" at my house...as in, when I show my husband a great card, he'll say, "That card is almost as good as 'courage'" and when I show him a not-so-great card, he'll reply with "Well, they can't all be 'courage.'"

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=182912
I love it! I hope your sister made it through her surgery okay.

Thanks for playing!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #59
Die Cut Diva
 
RIRed2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 3,660
Default

thanks Kathryn, so sweet of you
__________________
Daughter of a King
My Blog
Rebekka
RIRed2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:42 AM   #60
Kookie Creator
 
detour3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 438
Default

My sister DeDe is not a card maker or a stamper, but she made this fabulous card and I had to post it to my gallery.


Thanks,
Diane
__________________
Diane

Fan Club Member
My Neglected Gallery
detour3 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #61
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
 
resqbarbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: south of SOHO
Posts: 9,073
Default

this is an awesome thread! We should all have 5 minutes to "toot our own horn" Sometimes a card you love that you made doesn't get any comments and you get upset over it...I know I have!

Anyway...here is my current favorite card of my own...

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=93886

It took me a while with all the stitching and embossing!

All of you girls have shown some awesome stuff here! I'm going back to comment some more!
__________________
I missed this place!

Denise

resqbarbie is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:59 AM   #62
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
javagirl984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,483
Default

Wow, everyone shared such wonderful creations. Here is my favorite:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=45054

I made this for the inspiration challenge a few weeks ago and I love how it came together. I like it because it was one of my best coloring projects and although it took several hours to complete it was worth it. I gave it to my mom to hang in her bathroom and she loved it as well.
__________________
Melissa
SplitCoast Dirty Dozen

javagirl984 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 03:10 PM   #63
Mad Swapper
 
mtgchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 1,770
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaloso05View Post
I love it! I hope your sister made it through her surgery okay.

Thanks for playing!
She is recovering well! Thanks for asking, and thanks for taking the time to comment on everyone's favorites!
mtgchic is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #64
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by detour3View Post
My sister DeDe is not a card maker or a stamper, but she made this fabulous card and I had to post it to my gallery.


Thanks,
Diane
wow is that a stunner! I can't seem to watercolor to save my life, so I am extra impressed when I see an example like this... tell your sis she is super talented!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #65
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by resqbarbieView Post
this is an awesome thread! We should all have 5 minutes to "toot our own horn" Sometimes a card you love that you made doesn't get any comments and you get upset over it...I know I have!

Anyway...here is my current favorite card of my own...

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=93886

It took me a while with all the stitching and embossing!

All of you girls have shown some awesome stuff here! I'm going back to comment some more!
what a fabulous witch! and your stitching somehow gives it a sinister air which is perfect for this card (not because your stitching was bad... it's wonderful!)

thanks for playing!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 04:16 PM   #66
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by javagirl984View Post
Wow, everyone shared such wonderful creations. Here is my favorite:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...0&ppuser=45054

I made this for the inspiration challenge a few weeks ago and I love how it came together. I like it because it was one of my best coloring projects and although it took several hours to complete it was worth it. I gave it to my mom to hang in her bathroom and she loved it as well.
Melissa,

I LOVE your rooster/outhouse design!! I normally do the inspiration challenges most weeks but I just couldn't pull anything together for that one. I wish I could have been peeking inside your head when you were putting yours together... with just a tiny bit of your inspiration I know I could have come up with something! Thanks for sharing this amazing creation!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #67
Matboard Maniac
 
sandyh50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 224
Default

Beautiful cards Ladies! Here is one I like that I did and the reason I like it is that I wasn't casing anyone else, or trying to learn a new technique, or follow someone's tutorial. And I like the verse! http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=136950
__________________
Sandyh50 in Montana
sandyh50 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 07:00 PM   #68
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
willsygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,655
Default

Wow these cards are gorgeous

I have to join in as I just saw a photo of one of my cards on one of the SU Convention Display boards and I am so excited I cant calm myself down

Here is a photo of it on the board - its the one that says Baby in microbeads - but a bit of the ribbon is falling off and its bugging me so I also included one I took of it at home before I sent it to SU
Attached Thumbnails
conventionbaby2.jpg   artisanbaby.jpg  
willsygirl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:02 PM   #69
Kookie Creator
 
detour3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 438
Default

Posted comments at most of the galleries - Thanks for sharing your talents ladies.

Diane
__________________
Diane

Fan Club Member
My Neglected Gallery
detour3 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:03 PM   #70
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandyh50View Post
Beautiful cards Ladies! Here is one I like that I did and the reason I like it is that I wasn't casing anyone else, or trying to learn a new technique, or follow someone's tutorial. And I like the verse! http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=136950
Sandy, this is a card to be truely proud of.. it's gorgeous. love the color and texture. thanks for playing!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:05 PM   #71
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by willsygirlView Post
Wow these cards are gorgeous

I have to join in as I just saw a photo of one of my cards on one of the SU Convention Display boards and I am so excited I cant calm myself down

Here is a photo of it on the board - its the one that says Baby in microbeads - but a bit of the ribbon is falling off and its bugging me so I also included one I took of it at home before I sent it to SU
wow... what an honor! I'd be tickled pink if I were in your shoes!! And on top of all that, its a great card!!! Thanks for playing!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:45 PM   #72
Mad Swapper
 
mtgchic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 1,770
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by willsygirlView Post
Wow these cards are gorgeous

I have to join in as I just saw a photo of one of my cards on one of the SU Convention Display boards and I am so excited I cant calm myself down

Here is a photo of it on the board - its the one that says Baby in microbeads - but a bit of the ribbon is falling off and its bugging me so I also included one I took of it at home before I sent it to SU
Wow! That card is awesome! No wonder they chose to put it on display!
mtgchic is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:08 PM   #73
Polyshrink Goddess
 
vanislandwoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Office #32, The Towers, GSOLFOT Sockeeland
Posts: 699
Default

I haven't been putting cards in my gallery for a while because my camera was not hooked up. So tonight I just scanned in four of my recent favourites and added to my gallery.
This one is my favourite. I haven't completed all the info parts, but you can see what I've done. I am learning how to add movement or motion to stamped images.
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1005273?cat=500&ppuser=105966
__________________
Elaine Sanderson AKA vanislandwoman
ElaineS GSOLFOT
My Gallery
vanislandwoman is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:40 PM   #74
Mad Swapper
 
Londonblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Washington State
Posts: 1,803
Default

Here is my favorite one that I've done
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=126422

My mom is quite a painter and finds rubber stamps ..um...limiting (as in not creative enough) so I did this card for mother's day and stamped it into black stazon on watercolor paper..then I painted it and styalized it by popping up sections on dimensionals for effect.. I like how it turned out and she of course said she loved it...but she'd love it regardless
Londonblue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:17 AM   #75
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by vanislandwomanView Post
I haven't been putting cards in my gallery for a while because my camera was not hooked up. So tonight I just scanned in four of my recent favourites and added to my gallery.
This one is my favourite. I haven't completed all the info parts, but you can see what I've done. I am learning how to add movement or motion to stamped images.
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1005273?cat=500&ppuser=105966
wow is that card wonderful.. I love the little penguins sliding over the ice! No wonder you picked it as your fav! That must have taken some time to mask out... nicely done!

thanks for playing!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:26 AM   #76
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by LondonblueView Post
Here is my favorite one that I've done
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...&ppuser=126422

My mom is quite a painter and finds rubber stamps ..um...limiting (as in not creative enough) so I did this card for mother's day and stamped it into black stazon on watercolor paper..then I painted it and styalized it by popping up sections on dimensionals for effect.. I like how it turned out and she of course said she loved it...but she'd love it regardless
Wow is this card beautiful! I have that same stamp, and I never would have thought to expand it like you did and make a whole tree from it! Your coloring is lovely, and I can clearly see why this card is your favorite!

Thanks for sharing it with us!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:59 AM   #77
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member
 
javagirl984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,483
Default

Kathryn

I think it is wonderful that you started this thread for everyone to show their best (like show and tell). And not only is everyone sharing, but you are taking the time out of your day to compliment everyone on what they shared. That is so sweet of you. And I am sure it makes everyone's day so much sweeter. Thank you for you kind spirit. Blessings to you.
__________________
Melissa
SplitCoast Dirty Dozen

javagirl984 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #78
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by javagirl984View Post
Kathryn

I think it is wonderful that you started this thread for everyone to show their best (like show and tell). And not only is everyone sharing, but you are taking the time out of your day to compliment everyone on what they shared. That is so sweet of you. And I am sure it makes everyone's day so much sweeter. Thank you for you kind spirit. Blessings to you.
Thanks Melissa... I'm really enjoying all of the cards everyone is posting to this thread, and I think if you're going to toot your own horn, then it's important for someone else to have heard it!

Keep making those fabulous cards!
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:40 AM   #79
Insane Embellisher
 
ebeart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 988
Default

One of my favorite cards of mine is this one: Hello! I love the colors and of course the stamp!
__________________
Elyssa Blair
My Blog:Confessions of a Teenage Scrapper
* Fan Club Member * DT for Little Paper Shop *Guest Designer September Hanna Stamps*
ebeart is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:23 AM   #80
Matboard Maniac
 
kaloso05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Dalton, GA
Posts: 330
Send a message via Skype™ to kaloso05
Default

Elyssa, that card is fabulous! I love the windows over the daisys and your color choices are perfect! I can see why this tops your list! Thanks for sharing it with us.
__________________
Kathryn
Do you know if there's a 12-step program for stamping? No, seriously, is there??
kaloso05 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off