Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-14-2011, 04:01 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The title of this card...

gave me an idea.. oh I'm full of ideas, but to sit down and create.. whats that?? LOL

Anyways this card
Bay Leaf Square Wreath Card by genny_01 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I was thinking when I saw it.. wow she really used bay leaves..so I'm curious.. has anyone ever done suching a thang? I mean they ARE dried.. would it ruin the card?

I was thinking how cool when you sent the holiday card that it would be opened and a nice scent be given off.. Of course it would have to be put into an envelope in a way that the leaves wouldnt be crushed....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 04:12 AM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

I don't think those are real bay leaves. At least they look like paper. It's an interesting idea though! I'm not sure how you would keep them from being crumbled unless you hand-delivered though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 04:16 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I checked out her blog and she talks about using the Petal Builder punch, Artichoke cardstock, scoring the leaves.... so I think her wreath looks like bay leaves!

In reality - I've never used anything on my cards that might dry up and flake off (or at least I hope I haven't!). I'm still flustered over a friend who sent confetti in her holiday cards. What a mess!

Thank you for visiting ~ My Gallery!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 05:13 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

I haven't ever used bay leaves, but did use cinnamon sticks before. It got to the receiver just fine, but then I packed it in with a package. She said you could smell the cinnamon right when you opened it, and that it was fine, nothing marking the card...I asked because I was afraid it would crumble or break or stain the card...but all was good....not that this answered your question about bay leaves though, so sorry! LOL

Senior Design Team member for Gina K Designs
Behind the Scenes Crew at StampTV.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 05:13 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

Default confetti

I'm still flustered over a friend who sent confetti in her holiday cards. What a mess![/QUOTE]
LOL, I have a friend who, EVERY year sends confetti in her Christmas card to me! I haven't forgotten the mess from the first year, and now very carefully open the envelope and shake as much of it as I can down into the envelope BEFORE pulling out the card!
tinyfeet
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 05:45 AM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

Tinyfeet

I did the same thing year 2 of her confetti cards and sent the confetti back to her in a new year's card!

Thank you for visiting ~ My Gallery!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 06:11 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,055 Likes on 813 Posts

WT175 Sugar and Spice...and all things nice by Cook22 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I used a bunch of whole spices in this. Actually it was a remake of an earlier one which I successfully mailed using an envelope that classed as regular postage over here. I still have this one , the bay leaves are faded now, but every time I come across it while looking through my cards I get a lovely spicy scent.
Alas, my bay tree died in the snow earlier this year. Those fresh ones I was able to punch, but I feel if I tried punching a dried one it might not come out so well...I might try later on!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2011, 12:41 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cook22View Post
WT175 Sugar and Spice...and all things nice by Cook22 - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
I used a bunch of whole spices in this. Actually it was a remake of an earlier one which I successfully mailed using an envelope that classed as regular postage over here. I still have this one , the bay leaves are faded now, but every time I come across it while looking through my cards I get a lovely spicy scent.
Alas, my bay tree died in the snow earlier this year. Those fresh ones I was able to punch, but I feel if I tried punching a dried one it might not come out so well...I might try later on!!
Sabrina your cards are ALWAYS amazing to me!!
Reply With Quote Likes