Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-02-2004, 02:06 PM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To those who sell your cards...How do you display them?

I have been in a couple of craft fairs and sell a lot at work and have been trying to come up with a good idea for showing the cards off. I have seen a few neat ideas, but nothing that really HIT me.

I don't really like the look of them all laid out...they just don't look professional enough that way.

I saw one women using those clear plastic decorative plate holders and thought that was a great idea, but she had to keep arranging the cards every time someone touched them so they weren't off balance. And it works better if you put the cards in a plastic sleeve...which I don't do.

I was just wondering what other people do. I have been toying with the idea of going to a local plastic company and having something made, but since I only want one or two holders, it will be pricey.

Does anyone have any ideas they wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks, Jinn
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 04:20 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Jinn...

I use these clear plastic paper divider separator thingies that I find at Target in the office organization section. I don't know what they are called, but there are like 7 divided sections...the only thing that stinks is that the cards fall through if they are upright cards...the sideways cards fit great...so I rigged it and put strips of cardboard underneath the divider for each tier. That holds the cards up great....and you can fit like 5 cards in each slot.

That is the best I have come up with, b-c buying one like you are looking into is VERY pricey!

Good luck!

Colleen

Glitter Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 05:22 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

My DH was at an auction and bought 3 plastic gizmos that look like narrow steps, they have 4 steps and are free standing and are about 2-3 feet long. They work great for displaying alot of cards, what doesn't fit on those gizmo's I put in a divided card box for people to browse through, works great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 06:55 AM   #4  
Buttered Noodle Mingler

I have tried two methods.

1) I tie them with price coded ribbon. (ie the red& gold is one price, the gold & green ribbon is another,etc) and I arrange them on the table. They do get messed up, but it's easy to fix them. Oh! I put them in the clear envelopes and package them in fives.

2)I bought a few place card holders and I arrange the cards behind the ribbon tied display. This works well, unless you get stuck by an outside door. Once, I was put in the back of the room and everybody seemed to come in at the door by me. Every time they opened the door, the cards in the holders when flying everywhere! UGH!

Good luck in your search! I was thinking about trying to find the card diplay racks that the cards stores use, teh spinning wire rakcs. Just need to find an affordable one! :oops:

Michele
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 08:06 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I bought a piece of peg board and had it cut in half. Then I took zip ties to hold them together. The board itself doesn't look the greatest, but it worked really well for displaying my cards.
Our local Ben Franklin craft store went out of business and so all of their fixtures were being sold as well. I bought a tall spinning rack with hooks that I'm going to use now. I'll have to either get a brick or some stakes to weight it down. Wouldn't want anyone tipping it over.
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 08:41 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just started using pegboard too...I bought two 4 ft lengths, had Home Depot cut the second one in half and tied the two smaller pieces on either side of the big one...a tri-fold kind of thing! I bought all the pegs that go with the board...I typically package my cards in the clear plastic goody bags with a topper...I hole punched the top of each topper and hung everything up! It looks good in my dining room right now! We'll see how it does at my fair on Monday! Previously I had all my packaged items in baskets but they seemed hard to see (my excuse for not selling many!) and the table I'm using is smaller than I usually use so I thought this might be a good alternative...The only thing is, it is heavy and in order to transport it, it has to be empty which means putting all the pegs on when I get to the fair...should be quick enough to do though...since I left all the items on the pegs and simply need to put them in the holes...it is nice and compact...the sides fold in when "not in use"!
hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 08:43 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

almost forgot...home depot sells the peg board in white and the usual brown...I chose the white...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 10:41 AM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Default Selling Cards

Could any of you that replied here about hanging them on boards scan some pictures so we could see what they look like? As you probably all know I just got down with my second craft fair. I was selling a variety of items. I sold many things but only maybe 10 cards total from the two fairs. I had samples hanging across on a line to hopefully catch the customer's attention but no one wanted to take the time to look at my cards. Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 10:48 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a hard time selling cards too...people seem to like magents, novelty type stuff too but they just don't go for the cards...I just dismantled my set up to get ready for my fair on Monday...I will try to remember to take a pic and hopefully my dh can show me how to upload it... :lol:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 10:49 AM   #10  
Stampin' Fool

Default Selling Cards

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has to ask my husband to load the pictures. Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 07:40 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

I take mine off the pegs and keep them in boxes so that I can take some to work. That means I have to put the on the pegs every time I do a craft fair. It doesn't take that long.
My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2004, 03:27 PM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

I really like the sound of this peg board idea. I will have to scoot down to Home Depot and check it out. So far I don't package my cards in sleeves, but I could start if it would make them look nicer.
Reply With Quote Likes