Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: How do you have your stamps?
Want or have all mine UNMOUNTED and LOVE IT! 96 54.24%
Plan to Unmount when I get the time and supplies. 41 23.16%
Haven't Unmounted and NEVER WILL! (Please tell why) 35 19.77%
Unmounted my stamps and HATE IT! I miss my wood blocks. (Please tell why) 5 2.82%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2009, 07:22 PM   #41
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharon_d View Post
Yes! Thank you so much for answering!

I thought I'd leave the foam because that just seemed easier than trying to get it off.
That is what I was thinking, too. But I have had some SU stamps that I was mounting that the foam was coming off the rubber when I didn't want it to.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #42
Matboard Maniac

When I said I didn't think I would unmount the ones I already have, I was forgetting about the wheels. I think I would use those more if they were just long rectangles. How do I unmount wheels?
Old 05-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #43
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
When I said I didn't think I would unmount the ones I already have, I was forgetting about the wheels. I think I would use those more if they were just long rectangles. How do I unmount wheels?
Especially the jumbo wheels! I invested in the regular wheels and inks. I wasn't too happy when they came out with the jumbo wheels and jumbo inks. I know I can ink them on my ink pad but I just don't think the cover is as good. How do you know when you are out of the inked area? I think, like you, I would use them unmounted.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:08 AM   #44
Inking Addict

I haven't voted because I can't make up my mind what to do... sometimes I think I'm going to do it and then I get scared LOL!

I don't have loads of SU sets probably about 35 but they do take up so much space but I like the way they look on a shelf (I know I am sad!!)

I was going to un mount my rollers first but when I told my crafty friends they said don't so it you'll regret it... so I didn't!

But I sure could do with the space... I wish SU would realise that the way forward is unmounted!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
Old 05-19-2009, 05:10 AM   #45
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Pick at the seam with your fingernail or a table knife until the edge lifts up, then just rip 'em off the wheel! They come off fairly easily. I unmounted mine and use them MUCH more. I have pictures in my gallery showing how I indexed the cling side of the EZ Mount with the stamped image (wheels and other stamps). You can fit quite a few unmounted wheels in one of the large SU plastic cases.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/....php?cat=10156
Old 05-19-2009, 05:27 AM   #46
Crimping Master

I voted for the first option of unmounting them all, but I am unmounting them as I need them, not all at once. I do unmount all my new sets. I just put the sticker over the sticky foam and use a thin layer of Mono Multi and let it dry. Works great! I looked everywhere for TIOAO and couldn't find it, and saw a thread where someone mentioned Mono Multi. Eventually I want them all unmounted.

Pamela
Old 05-19-2009, 05:47 AM   #47
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Chick View Post
I voted for the first option of unmounting them all, but I am unmounting them as I need them, not all at once. I do unmount all my new sets. I just put the sticker over the sticky foam and use a thin layer of Mono Multi and let it dry. Works great! I looked everywhere for TIOAO and couldn't find it, and saw a thread where someone mentioned Mono Multi. Eventually I want them all unmounted.

Pamela
Yes ma'am, the mono multi works every bit as good as the TIOAO and seemed to me to make less mess - you can spread it around with the spreader end of the glue bottle. It also seemed to dry faster, although that could be because I was able to apply a thinner coat. And when I was done, I didn't feel like I had sticky glue in the creases between my fingers and everywhere else

I didn't vote in the poll because I have some stamps that I won't unmount - House Mouse, for one, and a couple of others where the blocks themselves are works of art - but for the most part mine are unmounted and I prefer them that way. I haven't really warmed up to the clear acrylics yet, but I love unmounted rubber. To me it really doesn't seem like much of a hassle to pick out a stamp, slap it on a block and then put it back away when I'm done. Then again, I have a good selection of acrylic blocks, so I'm not usually having to swap stamps on & off blocks in the middle of a project.

One thing to keep in mind with unmounted - if you like using a stamp-a-majig, and you've made up permanent positioning sheets for your wood-mounted stamps, those won't work once you go unmounted. Every time you take the stamp off the block and put it back on, it's going to be lined up differently And for the record, with unmounted rubber, you'll still want to use the stamp-a-majig when you need exact placement of an image. The rubber isn't see-thru like acrylic - you can get a really good idea of where your image is being stamped but it isn't exact.

And one last "beware" - I love indexing the backs of my stamps with the stickers as has been described here. However, if you choose to apply the sticker before trimming the stamp, be sure you trim while looking at the rubber side, not the sticker side. It's unlikely that you'll get the sticker exactly lined up with the outlines on the stamp, and it's easy to get crazy with trimming really close and all of a sudden you've cut into something you didn't want to. I'm just saying.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:06 AM   #48
Insane Embellisher

Hi!
I am a stamp collector. I've been collecting and stamping for a very, very long time. My collection of stamps numbers over 6,000 so unmounting is a space saver. All my stamps weren't wood mounted either, I bought a lot of foam mounted when SU used to sell them that way (a lot cheaper than wood mounted). I have SU, Azadi Earles, PSX, Hero Arts, Costco, Michael's, Hallmark, Annticipations, tons of unmounteds from stamp conventions, etc. stamps. Basically stamps from everywhere I could find them. Now that they are unmounted they save me space, time and work well. I did not umount my wheel stamps, some very large ones that I don't have blocks for, and a few really tiny sets. I have one drawer of mounted stamps, 3 drawers of wheels and 3 shelves full of stamps.

Picture 1 - the unmounted stamps, stuck on plastic sheeting, I use Aileene's TIOO to hold them, then they are slipped into plastic sandwich bags. I label the name of the stamp set, and I use both sides of the sheeting.

Picture 2 - close up of the file system. I used the Cricut to cut out the words, the baggies are stiff and I file them like paper in the appropriate section. I have a little index in the front of each shoebox to tell me all the categories.

Picture 3 - 1 shelf holding 3 shoeboxes of stamps, on top of 3 shoeboxes of stuff. The cabinet has shelves, 3 of which are stamps and the bottom shelf holds a sewing machine and serger.

These 9 shoeboxes hold 5,000 unmounted stamps.
Attached Thumbnails
100_0707.jpg   100_0706.jpg   100_0705.jpg  

Last edited by ladybugstamper2; 05-19-2009 at 06:10 AM.. Reason: added more info about the pictures
Old 05-19-2009, 06:23 AM   #49
Stampin' Fool

Thumbs up

I unmounted all my SU! sets ( 8 years worth!) and LOVE it! So much more space now and those plastic boxes went into the recycling! I don't use any EZMount, either. I have Tack N Peel on the acrylic blocks and that's all that is needed.

Obviously, clear stamps and anything bought unmounted do not need to be unmounted.

Any stamp with a "pretty" colored picture on it, I did leave mounted since I don't have that many of those and it gives me an idea of what colors to use.

I feel so much better about having more space, not contributing to the "cutting down trees for wood blocks" idea, using more plastic (those boxes!) and now being able to FIND what set I want, that I have NO regrets at all!
Old 05-19-2009, 07:58 AM   #50
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for the info, everyone! I didn't start this thread, but I sure am learning from it!

For those of you who use Tombow Mono Multi: You just put a thin layer of that on the printed sticker and then you can use it over and over?! I didn't know you could do that! I knew it could be repositionable, but I thought it would lose its stickiness after a short bit.

And that makes it stick to an acrylic block AND the inside of a CD case?

Does it leave residue on your acrylic block? I have several clear stamps I use with my acrylic blocks, and I wouldn't want to mess up those clear stamps.

Again, thank you to everyone who has posted info--you're so helpful!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:54 AM   #51
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbet View Post
Yes ma'am, the mono multi works every bit as good as the TIOAO and seemed to me to make less mess - you can spread it around with the spreader end of the glue bottle. It also seemed to dry faster, although that could be because I was able to apply a thinner coat. And when I was done, I didn't feel like I had sticky glue in the creases between my fingers and everywhere else

I didn't vote in the poll because I have some stamps that I won't unmount - House Mouse, for one, and a couple of others where the blocks themselves are works of art - but for the most part mine are unmounted and I prefer them that way. I haven't really warmed up to the clear acrylics yet, but I love unmounted rubber. To me it really doesn't seem like much of a hassle to pick out a stamp, slap it on a block and then put it back away when I'm done. Then again, I have a good selection of acrylic blocks, so I'm not usually having to swap stamps on & off blocks in the middle of a project.

One thing to keep in mind with unmounted - if you like using a stamp-a-majig, and you've made up permanent positioning sheets for your wood-mounted stamps, those won't work once you go unmounted. Every time you take the stamp off the block and put it back on, it's going to be lined up differently And for the record, with unmounted rubber, you'll still want to use the stamp-a-majig when you need exact placement of an image. The rubber isn't see-thru like acrylic - you can get a really good idea of where your image is being stamped but it isn't exact.

And one last "beware" - I love indexing the backs of my stamps with the stickers as has been described here. However, if you choose to apply the sticker before trimming the stamp, be sure you trim while looking at the rubber side, not the sticker side. It's unlikely that you'll get the sticker exactly lined up with the outlines on the stamp, and it's easy to get crazy with trimming really close and all of a sudden you've cut into something you didn't want to. I'm just saying.
Thanks so much. These are some things I hadn't thought of. I was going to ask about trimming the stickers. I am playing around with a new SAB unmounted die cut set. It is a little tricky trimming it, getting a clean cut. Any tips?

I should have specified: I really am wondering about SU sets. I don't think I will ever unmount my SU background stamps or my individual mounted stamps (I really don't have very many. I prefer the sets)

Last edited by Hiding in My Craft Room; 05-19-2009 at 10:00 AM..
Old 05-19-2009, 10:03 AM   #52
Gallery Gazer

Wow! Cynthia you are organized. I love the cricut lettering.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:05 AM   #53
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimberlyinMN View Post
I have pictures in my gallery showing how I indexed the cling side of the EZ Mount with the stamped image (wheels and other stamps). You can fit quite a few unmounted wheels in one of the large SU plastic cases.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/....php?cat=10156
Do you have a template for the index card inside the CD case? Your typing of the stamp set is PERFECT!!!
Old 05-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #54
Kookie Creator

I have unmounted all of mine and store them in CD cases, it takes so much less room. I'm lazy so I just slipped the rubber and foam off of the wood block, replaced the paper backing and placed in case. On the front of the case I cut a piece of white cardstock and placed the stickers on it, so I could easily identify each set. I placed a small piece of cs in the spine and placed the label sticker on that, so when shelved I can see the name. It did take some time, but I could do it while watching tv so I just put everything in a large tray and left it out for a week until I had finished. I'm not worried about resale values, just having fun and actually using my stamps, so it works for me.
Kathy
Old 05-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #55
Rubber Obsessor

So these unmounted stamps will fit in a CD case even with the foam left on?

I am really tempted.

Lee Anne
Old 05-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #56
Watercolor Wizard

This really has a lot to do with personal preference and need: what do you like to use and do you have space to store wood if you like it?

I don't have space issues at all, and here's my preference for images:

1. wood mounted rubber (I love the feel of wood and the quality of rubber images with all sorts of ink)

2. high-quality photopolymer clear with acrylic blocks (placement is so much easier and I like the way the images look with chalk or pigment inks)

A distant 3. unmounted rubber

An "I don't waste my money" 4. poor-quality clear stamps (yuck)

Isn't it great we have so much choice!
Old 05-20-2009, 02:17 AM   #57
Hardware Hotshot

Thre are lots of reasons why I won't unmount~
1. Love the feel of wood
2. Like the ease~I don't like all the steps in dealing with unmounted~a stamp 'n go girl here!
3. I could never see myself going through the process/time/hassle of unmounting
4. I don't have a storage issue
5. I would feel like I was ruining my beautiful stamps
6. Resale value
7. For some strange reason I like the challenge of getting those images in the right place!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:00 AM   #58
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj77 View Post
I didn't vote, but my answer is I have unmounted many of my stamps, down to the bare rubber (no cushion at all), and love it!!! I used the Tack It Over and Over instead of EZ mount, etc, so I just add the sticker to the back of the stamp before adding the TIOAO. That gives me a great reference. I know some people don't feel like the bare rubber gives them enough cushion, but for me it has worked out great. Good luck with your decision!!! If you are thinking about unmounting, my best advice might be to try just one set, and use it for a few days before you try any of the others. Then if you don't like it, no biggie. It was one set. But give it a few days to use and get used to to see if you like. Also, many acrylic blocks now come with lines etched into them. That will really help you line up stamps whether clear, rubber, etc. HTH!

I also the bare rubber. I tried ez mount but didn't like it. I use Aileen's tack it over and have no problems.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:01 AM   #59
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmlee View Post
So these unmounted stamps will fit in a CD case even with the foam left on?

I am really tempted.

Lee Anne
Yes.. (But not the thin cd case)
Old 05-20-2009, 04:03 AM   #60
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by klpt58 View Post
I have unmounted all of mine and store them in CD cases, it takes so much less room. I'm lazy so I just slipped the rubber and foam off of the wood block, replaced the paper backing and placed in case. On the front of the case I cut a piece of white cardstock and placed the stickers on it, so I could easily identify each set. I placed a small piece of cs in the spine and placed the label sticker on that, so when shelved I can see the name. It did take some time, but I could do it while watching tv so I just put everything in a large tray and left it out for a week until I had finished. I'm not worried about resale values, just having fun and actually using my stamps, so it works for me.
Kathy
I cut a piece of card stock to fit in the case. Stamp images on and write on the side with sharpie. Stazon remover cleans off the sharpie if I need to reuse the cd case.

To unmount: 6 seconds in microwave, most peel right off
Note: Do NOT make the mistake of punching in 6 minutes - not a good thing!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:06 AM   #61
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystie lee View Post
I've unmounted all of my SU! stamps and love it. I had to because of space issues, but I prefer stamping with them unmounted.

My only regret is that I do want to sell some now and it will likely hurt the resale value.

I would still do it again, though.
Regarding resale value: You never know about it. I just purchased a bunch of SU sets (almost new) for a $1 a set at a garage sale. Also got a square punch for a buck. A deal!!
Old 05-20-2009, 04:08 AM   #62
Rubber Obsessor

Diane,

Thanks for answering my question. I appreciate it.

So you, like a few others, take it right down to the rubber? No cushion at all? I may have to find an old set and give it a try.

Lee Anne
Old 05-20-2009, 04:20 AM   #63
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmlee View Post
Diane,

Thanks for answering my question. I appreciate it.

So you, like a few others, take it right down to the rubber? No cushion at all? I may have to find an old set and give it a try.

Lee Anne
Some are bare rubber, some still have the cushion (SU). I don't have a preference. Depends what comes off easy after microwaving.

YOu should give it a try. The SU are stll sticky after peeling off. Try unmounting, stamping with it and if you don't like it, stick it back on the wood. No one will ever know
Old 05-20-2009, 05:00 AM   #64
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Diane. I'll give it a try.

Lee Anne
Old 05-20-2009, 05:47 AM   #65
Die Cut Diva

Good luck. Let us know how it goes!
Old 05-20-2009, 06:01 AM   #66
Insane Embellisher

I considered unmounting and even did unmount a few sets. I don't mind using them unmounted; as far as usage goes, either way is OK for me. Once I discovered my SAMJ, however, all bets were off. I tend to do whatever is the easiest thing and using the SAMJ is easier to me than unmounting dozens of sets. If SU started selling umounted & mounted options, I am not sure yet how I would handle that. I don't tend to use acrylics just because I find they don't take SU classic ink so well and I am not interested in buying a lot of new inkpads.

Having said all that, I will say that storage is not an issue for me as I tend to keep dozens of sets on hand instead of hundreds. If I decided to keep all my sets I would definitely consider unmounting simply for storage reasons.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #67
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiding in My Craft Room View Post
Out of all your different kinds which do you prefer?

Well that's a good question? I think I'll have to go with the Unmounted ones (with Cling foam backings)

But I do like the other ones too.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #68
Gallery Gazer

Well, I decided to go Unmounted or at least unmounted for my new SU sets. I am not going to go to even begin to attemp all my sets. I am A LOT! And I am not even sure if I will ever unmount all my really old sets that I have collected.

Anyway, so far so good. I am excited and loving seeing through my stamps. I was always a big fan of two step stampin.

I am applying the sticker to the foam and using Mono in the little green bottle. I had read somewhere to only use a thin thin coat. My first attempt seem to not be sticky enough. So, I started using a bit more and now I think they might be too sticky. How sticky should it be?
Old 05-22-2009, 06:22 AM   #69
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiding in My Craft Room View Post
Well, I decided to go Unmounted or at least unmounted for my new SU sets. I am not going to go to even begin to attemp all my sets. I am A LOT! And I am not even sure if I will ever unmount all my really old sets that I have collected.

Anyway, so far so good. I am excited and loving seeing through my stamps. I was always a big fan of two step stampin.

I am applying the sticker to the foam and using Mono in the little green bottle. I had read somewhere to only use a thin thin coat. My first attempt seem to not be sticky enough. So, I started using a bit more and now I think they might be too sticky. How sticky should it be?
For the ones that you think are to sticky just stick them to some clothing a few times and the lint will make them not as sticky!
Old 05-24-2009, 01:47 PM   #70
Glitter Queen

Default Unmounting Stamps

Enjoyed reading all the opinions on mounting/unmounting as I too have been in a quandry about it. I have a LOT of wood-mounted collected over years. I am enjoying the acrylics. I hesitated because EZ Mount was the only system I found and it is pretty expensive to convert. A less expensive way to store unmounted is more my style. I need to consolidate space and getting rid of the wood, both in volume and weight, is desirable. I will check out the Tack and Tack(?) mentioned in a previous thread. That is new to me. I don't have much wall space or would opt for display shelves. I have drawers and have them presently filled with wood stamps layered by category in acrylic picture frame holders that Michael's sells (about an inch deep acting like a shallow box). Another storage idea if you keep mounted stamps.

Judy
Old 05-24-2009, 01:58 PM   #71
Glitter Queen

Default Unmounting Stamps

Enjoyed reading all the opinions on mounting/unmounting as I too have been in a quandry about it. I have a LOT of wood-mounted collected over years. I am enjoying the acrylics. I hesitated because EZ Mount was the only system I found and it is pretty expensive to convert. A less expensive way to store unmounted is more my style. I need to consolidate space and getting rid of the wood, both in volume and weight, is desirable. I will check out the Tack It Over and Over mentioned in a previous thread. That is new to me. I don't have much wall space or would opt for display shelves. I have drawers and have them presently filled with wood stamps layered by category in acrylic picture frame holders that Michael's sells (about an inch deep acting like a shallow box). Another storage idea if you keep mounted stamps.

Judy
Old 05-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #72
Polyshrink Goddess

It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do. First I unmounted on the the black EZ Mount, but it didn't work out so well. It keep sliding off. So I unmounted on the the grey. I am military, so one of my concerns was the weight, but the was minor since I'm not moving for another 3 years. However, I found that I was running out of space for all my sets, and I would "forget" about sets/stamps because they were "outta sight". I started with the EZ Mount Binder system, and recently switched to the Little Monkey's system. The sets all sit on my desk as I am stamping. I haven't unmounted all of my sets. I'm still working on it. I love it. Don't get me wrong, I like the wood too, but I like the unmounted better. I wouldn't go back.

My humble beginnings of a gallery
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=72605
Old 05-24-2009, 02:22 PM   #73
Polyshrink Goddess

Unmounted....and lovin' it!!!!
Old 05-24-2009, 02:26 PM   #74
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
VSN Go to Girl
Pretty, Pretty Princess

I chose "havent and never will" only because they are fine as is so I don't really "need" to unmount any of my wood mounted stamps...if it aint broke dont fix it, kwim?

My stamps that are unmounted I absolutely love, too...I am not a rubbber (or acrylic) discriminator, hehe
DT Member @ Unity Stamp Company
Old 05-24-2009, 02:56 PM   #75
Rubber Obsessor

Well, I just unmounted two sets so far. I still can't decide how I feel about it. Time will tell I suppose.

Lee Anne
Old 05-24-2009, 09:23 PM   #76
Stampin' Fool

I would suggest anybody thinking about it unmount a couple of their sets they use frequently and give it a try.

I have mine unmounted. First I started with putting thin sheets of vinyl directly on the sticky foam, but I found it ugly and a pain. Then I tried the Tack It stuff and really hated that!!! (We have dogs and sticky is not a good thing.) Finally I broke down and bought a sheet of EZ mount. I was quite pleased to find that 1 sheet is enough for 6-10 sets of stamps. I love my EZ mount!!!! It is so quick and easy and not messy to work with. Plus I don't get rid of retired sets so it is a huge difference. I have the sets all in CD cases and it doesn't take up much room at all. Although I do need to get a bigger cd rack. I can't even imagine where I would try to put 250 sets if they were still wood mounted and in those cases.

The one exception though is my background stamps, I have those wood mounted. It is just easier. The space difference is not much and they don't fit in CD cases anyways.

EZ mount is well worth the cost!
Old 05-25-2009, 04:57 AM   #77
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethScrap View Post
The one exception though is my background stamps, I have those wood mounted. It is just easier. The space difference is not much and they don't fit in CD cases anyways.

EZ mount is well worth the cost!
I agree. EZ Mount is definitely worth the cost. When I first started unmounting, I tried using the cheap vinyl at Michaels but that stuff loses its cling so quickly. If a person looks around, you can find the EZ Mount for pretty good prices if you purchase in bulk.

On eBay, I've purchased many sheets from Simple Treasures Collage. I've also purchased from Sunday International. What's nice about Sunday International is that if you are a stamp demonstrator, you can sign up to receive a discount - I think it's 20% off. You get that discount amount off of sale items too. However, before you purchase, make sure to check their sister site, EZMountStamps.com to see if your overall purchase might be cheaper because they have free shipping on orders over $35.

Kimberly
Old 05-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #78
Polyshrink Goddess

Default Unmounted and Never Going Back

I unmounted all of my stamps, mostly SU and I probably own around 50 sets. I stamp in the closet of our guestroom/office and stamp set storage is at a premium, so I took the plunge last year and began unmounting. I was fortunate at the time to be given a gift card from my boss and so it was easier to spend gift card money on the EZMount at the time. My initial purchase was six sheets and after unmounting all of my stamps, I still have one sheet of EZM left to use. One sheet can accommodate several sets. I think it is well worth the effort.

If you do decide to unmount, be sure to sprinkle baby powder over the full sheet of EZM before you cut away the foam. It makes cutting much more easier, the scissors don't get full of sticky gunk. I don't own a hot knife and the thought of using one was a bit scary, plus I already owned the KAI scissors for cutting rubber.
Old 05-26-2009, 03:18 PM   #79
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a lot of them unmounted and love it. My shelves are overflowing with mounted stamps.
blessings.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #80
Polyshrink Goddess

I unmounted probably about 20 of my stamps and I totally regretted it. I went ahead because so many people said they were happy that they had unmounted their stamps but for me it just wasn't right. It's odd, because I do have stamps that I bought Unmounted but I found I stopped using the ones I unmounted as I really missed the feel of the wood-mount.

Angela
My Facebook Page