In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2007, 06:25 PM   #1
Kookie Creator
 
Hockeyrabbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 402
Default Is there a way to organize favorites into categories?

Ok-

In looking at my favorites I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of cards I have in mine..I realize they are placed in order of date, but are there any other ways to organize them? Like I was thinking by stamp set or by using certain products?? thanks
Hockeyrabbit is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
Die Cut Diva
 
housefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,451
Default

I put my favorites into files on my desktop by holiday, theme, and/or set. Those are then organized alphabetically. I can literally find any card within 15 seconds. Be sure to rename each when you put them in the folder so that you can recognize without opening each one. For example, it might say "Pink Heartfelt Circle Punch" and that would tell me when I opened the folder exactly what was in it. I keep the folder on the desktop. This way if anyone ever deletes a card or SC is down, I still can access the cards.
housefan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast
 
KatieJeanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Anywhere and Everywhere
Posts: 22,872
Default

I also save them all onto my computer - then divide them by stamp set - - - so much easier that way!!!
__________________
- Katie -
Wife to Ted - Mommy to Lizzy, Luke, Maggie, and Annie
KatieJeanne is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:53 PM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast
 
chrisations.ink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: sunny southern california
Posts: 20,113
Default

WOW, thanks. I have alot or organizing to do. Will be a great project for tomorrow - no upload day!
__________________
christine m. aka summer and weekend stalker
DOT INK (My yadda yadda)
Don't magnify your problem . . .Magnify your God
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RED DIVAS!
chrisations.ink is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:11 PM   #5
Die Cut Diva
 
Kittypaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,677
Default

I'm not that computer savvy, so please explain how you put these on your desktop.
Kittypaws is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 07:21 PM   #6
Stazon Splitcoast
 
LMstamps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 11,425
Default

I would like to know this too. LM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittypaws
I'm not that computer savvy, so please explain how you put these on your desktop.
__________________

If you would like to see my cards, please click here :-)

Gallery updated Aug 30, 2019
Psa. 118:24--This is the day which the LORD has made;Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
LMstamps is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:24 PM   #7
Stazon Splitcoast
 
momis mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: prolly in my 'rubber room'... in the mid-west
Posts: 11,539
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo.Hotel
I also save them all onto my computer - then divide them by stamp set - - - so much easier that way!!!
this is what i do as well!
__________________
my creations
momis mama is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:27 PM   #8
Hardware Hotshot
 
JazzyCreations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,124
Default

I just went to my desktop and right clicked on the screen (not on an icon) and then clicked on "new", then click on "folder" and then you name the folder. Say for instance you want a folder with all Cuttlebug examples so you name the folder Cuttlebug. Then you can drag and drop the favorites from the gallery into the folder on the desktop. Does that make sense? I have several folders on my desktop and now instead of just adding it to my favorites I drag and drop them into the appropriate folder on my desktop.
Good luck!
__________________
Rachel
My Blog
My Gallery
JazzyCreations is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:58 PM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast
 
GarnetJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Bellingham, Washington
Posts: 13,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyrabbit
.......I realize they are placed in order of date, but are there any other ways to organize them? Like I was thinking by stamp set or by using certain products?? thanks
Without moving them from the internet into your computer? No. There is a little button at the bottom of the page that gives a few options for sorting, but it's only names or dates or comments, not by stamp sets.
__________________
John 3:16
GarnetJ is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:00 PM   #10
Die Cut Diva
 
housefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,451
Default

I have one main folder that says CARDS, inside the folder are about 40 other folders that say things like Christmas or punches or Great Backgrounds. Inside those are the cards that fit that topic. Before I put a card into a sub folder I make sure I change the name to something recognizable like "Paper Trey Faux Ribbon samples" or "Cuttlebug bookmarks". This way they are always at my fingertips even if the entire internet goes down.
housefan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:00 AM   #11
Pearl-ExPert
 
Indy_Patti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Home of the Colts - Indianapolis!
Posts: 2,832
Default

To those of you who save your favorites to your desktop -- do you save as an htm file?
I just tried it, and that's what happened - so I'm wondering. And has anyone saved the zip folder of all your favorites, and been able to unzip?

Thanks!
__________________
Indy_Patti

Thank you for visiting ~ My Gallery!
Indy_Patti is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:47 AM   #12
Die Cut Diva
 
Kittypaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,677
Default

I still don't understand. I made a folder, but how do you drag something to your desktop when you're online? My online screen takes up the whole computer. I tried the "save as", but that didn't work, either.
Kittypaws is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:56 AM   #13
Cat
Die Cut Diva
 
Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyCreations
Then you can drag and drop the favorites from the gallery into the folder on the desktop.
OMG! I consider myself to be pretty computer smart, but I NEVER knew this would work! I just tested it, to make sure I knew what you meant, and it works! How cool is that!?
__________________

my PunchPal Too | my SU! Inventory File | my Tickets Too: shown on my website
my free downloadable calendar templates here
Cat is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:01 AM   #14
Hardware Hotshot
 
JazzyCreations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,124
Default

Hey there! I do nothing with zip files or the save as function. When you are online, you can click on the button on the far right upper corner of the screen. There is a dash, two squares that look like they are layerd and then an X. You click on the center button that looks like two squares layered. That will decrease the size of your window. You should be able to see your desktop now behind the internet window. Put your mouse arrow on the desktop but don't put it on one of the icons. Just put the mouse arrow anywhere else on the screen and click your mouse with the RIGHT button. Not the normal left button you always use. When you click the RIGHT button a small menu will pop up. Now click on NEW and another menu will pop up. Go all the way to the top of that list and click on FOLDER. On your desktop a yellow manilla folder will pop up and you can name it whatever you want. Just type in the title you want and hit your enter button. Now you have a new folder on your desktop. Now leave your internet screen small like that and go to the top and click on the gallery. Or click on your favorites. Pick one of the pictures you want to save in the folder and click on the picture so it gets bigger. Then with your LEFT mouse button, click on the picture and keep the button down. Don't let go of the button. Now move your arrow over the folder you just created on your desktop. When your arrow is over the folder, release the button. This will drop the picture in that folder. To test this. You can double click on the folder and it will open and you will your picture. You can create as many folders as you want on your desktop in this same manner. I have about 10 right now on my desktop.
I hope this helps you; any more questions just ask!
__________________
Rachel
My Blog
My Gallery
JazzyCreations is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:01 AM   #15
Hardware Hotshot
 
JazzyCreations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
OMG! I consider myself to be pretty computer smart, but I NEVER knew this would work! I just tested it, to make sure I knew what you meant, and it works! How cool is that!?
YAY!!! Pretty cool huh??
__________________
Rachel
My Blog
My Gallery
JazzyCreations is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:30 AM   #16
Die Cut Diva
 
Kittypaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyCreations
Hey there! I do nothing with zip files or the save as function. When you are online, you can click on the button on the far right upper corner of the screen. There is a dash, two squares that look like they are layerd and then an X. You click on the center button that looks like two squares layered. That will decrease the size of your window. You should be able to see your desktop now behind the internet window. Put your mouse arrow on the desktop but don't put it on one of the icons. Just put the mouse arrow anywhere else on the screen and click your mouse with the RIGHT button. Not the normal left button you always use. When you click the RIGHT button a small menu will pop up. Now click on NEW and another menu will pop up. Go all the way to the top of that list and click on FOLDER. On your desktop a yellow manilla folder will pop up and you can name it whatever you want. Just type in the title you want and hit your enter button. Now you have a new folder on your desktop. Now leave your internet screen small like that and go to the top and click on the gallery. Or click on your favorites. Pick one of the pictures you want to save in the folder and click on the picture so it gets bigger. Then with your LEFT mouse button, click on the picture and keep the button down. Don't let go of the button. Now move your arrow over the folder you just created on your desktop. When your arrow is over the folder, release the button. This will drop the picture in that folder. To test this. You can double click on the folder and it will open and you will your picture. You can create as many folders as you want on your desktop in this same manner. I have about 10 right now on my desktop.
I hope this helps you; any more questions just ask!

Well, I tried everything, and it showed a JPEG was there, but it said "no preview available". I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I feel like an idiot.
Kittypaws is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:38 AM   #17
Hardware Hotshot
 
JazzyCreations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittypaws
Well, I tried everything, and it showed a JPEG was there, but it said "no preview available". I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I feel like an idiot.
Hmmmm let me think about that one..... I am not sure why it isn't working.
__________________
Rachel
My Blog
My Gallery
JazzyCreations is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:49 AM   #18
Hardware Hotshot
 
JazzyCreations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittypaws
Well, I tried everything, and it showed a JPEG was there, but it said "no preview available". I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I feel like an idiot.
When you drag it to the folder, is there a prompt that pops up that asks you if you want to "copy from this zone?" If it asks you that, are you clicking yes?
__________________
Rachel
My Blog
My Gallery
JazzyCreations is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:09 AM   #19
Die Cut Diva
 
Kittypaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,677
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyCreations
When you drag it to the folder, is there a prompt that pops up that asks you if you want to "copy from this zone?" If it asks you that, are you clicking yes?

Yes.
Kittypaws is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:14 AM   #20
Hardware Hotshot
 
JazzyCreations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittypaws
Yes.
oh man, i am stumped.... i will keep trying
__________________
Rachel
My Blog
My Gallery
JazzyCreations is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:35 AM   #21
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jeaniebean55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 11,586
Default

This is awesome! Thanks OP for asking, and thanks Rachel for your very clear directions. Question: I'm getting "internet shortcut" in the drag & dropped cards, ideas about what I'm doing wrong? TIA
jeaniebean55 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:40 AM   #22
Hardware Hotshot
 
JazzyCreations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniebean55
This is awesome! Thanks OP for asking, and thanks Rachel for your very clear directions. Question: I'm getting "internet shortcut" in the drag & dropped cards, ideas about what I'm doing wrong? TIA
Hmmmm, I'm not sure. I don't see that on my screen. Does it say that on the folder or on every picture?
__________________
Rachel
My Blog
My Gallery
JazzyCreations is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:54 AM   #23
Pearl-ExPert
 
Kerilou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,616
Default

Holy cow! I never knew you could do that! How cool!
Kerilou is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:54 AM   #24
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jeaniebean55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 11,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyCreations
Hmmmm, I'm not sure. I don't see that on my screen. Does it say that on the folder or on every picture?
On every picture.
jeaniebean55 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:55 AM   #25
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Jessica'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 606
Default

JazzyCreations..can I just say...you MADE my day! Thanks for those awesome, super clear directions!
__________________
Jessica'sMom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:57 AM   #26
Hardware Hotshot
 
JazzyCreations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica'sMom
JazzyCreations..can I just say...you MADE my day! Thanks for those awesome, super clear directions!
Oh you're welcome!!! Glad I could help you! Isn't it great? I love that I can do that! So much less confusion than trying to sort through the favorites!!!
__________________
Rachel
My Blog
My Gallery
JazzyCreations is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 10:58 AM   #27
Hardware Hotshot
 
JazzyCreations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniebean55
On every picture.
Is it like big and annoying or just like a little arrow on the corner? Just wondering if it's just saying where it came from and thats all. It might be your internet configurations or security or something like that. I don't know how to not get that.
__________________
Rachel
My Blog
My Gallery
JazzyCreations is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:03 AM   #28
Stazon Splitcoast
 
jeaniebean55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: WI
Posts: 11,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyCreations
Is it like big and annoying or just like a little arrow on the corner? Just wondering if it's just saying where it came from and thats all. It might be your internet configurations or security or something like that. I don't know how to not get that.
Rachel, You're awesome for getting me this far, so no worries! It's underneath each pic's title, and when I click on the pic it needs to go search the web for it, it doesn't seem to be actually saving on my computer. It's still a great way to organize the cards I've favorited!
jeaniebean55 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:37 AM   #29
Hardware Hotshot
 
JazzyCreations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniebean55
Rachel, You're awesome for getting me this far, so no worries! It's underneath each pic's title, and when I click on the pic it needs to go search the web for it, it doesn't seem to be actually saving on my computer. It's still a great way to organize the cards I've favorited!
NO that's weird; it shouldn't be doing that. Hmmm, maybe I will take a picture of what my screen looks like and show it to you
__________________
Rachel
My Blog
My Gallery
JazzyCreations is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:30 PM   #30
Matboard Maniac
 
tiggger1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 310
Default

Thanks so much for the directions!!!! I did try it with the 'small' picture that has user, views etc (the thumbnil view) and if left click, hold and drag.. you will get a 'shortcut' back to the splitcoast page. Hope this makes sense.

This is too cool!!!!
tiggger1968 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:21 AM   #31
Insane Embellisher
 
baughtl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Way Out, Way Out! (That's where the fun is!)
Posts: 856
Default

You get the Internet Shortcut if click and drag right from your Favorites gallery. You should double click the image to open/display a single card, then click and drag that image to the folder. HTH!
__________________
Toni
"Pray, work, spend, love and Support Our Troops" ......Johnny and Blondie

(I can't believe I had that wrong all this time!!)

Visit Caseville
baughtl is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:29 AM   #32
Forum Fanatic
 
Mahloumel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 9,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyrabbit
I realize they are placed in order of date, but are there any other ways to organize them? Like I was thinking by stamp set or by using certain products??
You can search within your favourites. To find the Gently Falling cards I've saved to my faves, I simply open up My Favourites, then in the search field on the upper right I type "gently" (no quotation marks) and hit enter. You can do this with other keywords too. Be aware that this search will also search people's comments. I guess if you were really crafty you could 'spike' the project with your keyword by including that word in your comment.
__________________
Melanie
Mahloumel is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:47 AM   #33
Gabfest Goddess
 
WAstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lost in Forks with the Cullens:)
Posts: 7,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyCreations
Hey there! I do nothing with zip files or the save as function. When you are online, you can click on the button on the far right upper corner of the screen. There is a dash, two squares that look like they are layerd and then an X. You click on the center button that looks like two squares layered. That will decrease the size of your window. You should be able to see your desktop now behind the internet window. Put your mouse arrow on the desktop but don't put it on one of the icons. Just put the mouse arrow anywhere else on the screen and click your mouse with the RIGHT button. Not the normal left button you always use. When you click the RIGHT button a small menu will pop up. Now click on NEW and another menu will pop up. Go all the way to the top of that list and click on FOLDER. On your desktop a yellow manilla folder will pop up and you can name it whatever you want. Just type in the title you want and hit your enter button. Now you have a new folder on your desktop. Now leave your internet screen small like that and go to the top and click on the gallery. Or click on your favorites. Pick one of the pictures you want to save in the folder and click on the picture so it gets bigger. Then with your LEFT mouse button, click on the picture and keep the button down. Don't let go of the button. Now move your arrow over the folder you just created on your desktop. When your arrow is over the folder, release the button. This will drop the picture in that folder. To test this. You can double click on the folder and it will open and you will your picture. You can create as many folders as you want on your desktop in this same manner. I have about 10 right now on my desktop.
I hope this helps you; any more questions just ask!
WOW! Thanks...as my favorites gallery is approaching 500, this will really help. Just to be clear, though, we are just saving pictures, right? None of the other info is available on my desktop files (e.g. recipes etc.). Going back to sorting my favorites right now....
__________________
Sarah My Gallery
WAstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:15 AM   #34
Gallery Gazer
 
StampinHay79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Deep in the heart of Texas!
Posts: 6,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by housefan
I have one main folder that says CARDS, inside the folder are about 40 other folders that say things like Christmas or punches or Great Backgrounds. Inside those are the cards that fit that topic. Before I put a card into a sub folder I make sure I change the name to something recognizable like "Paper Trey Faux Ribbon samples" or "Cuttlebug bookmarks". This way they are always at my fingertips even if the entire internet goes down.

What a great idea...I never thought of that...thank you!
__________________
*Haylie*
The JOY of the Lord is my strength!
StampinHay79 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #35
Hardware Hotshot
 
Suzy_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 4,459
Default

right click save as to the folder
__________________
My Blog ~ Papermonkey

Designing For Great Companies Including:
Suzy_H is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #36
Die Cut Diva
 
Kittypaws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,677
Default

I still can't get it to work.
Kittypaws is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:05 PM   #37
Hardware Hotshot
 
JazzyCreations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAstamper
WOW! Thanks...as my favorites gallery is approaching 500, this will really help. Just to be clear, though, we are just saving pictures, right? None of the other info is available on my desktop files (e.g. recipes etc.). Going back to sorting my favorites right now....
You're welcome! Right, I am only saving the pics. I open up the picture so it's not the small thumbnail and then drag it to the right folder.
When you double click on that folder, you should be able to view them WITHOUT going back to the website like someone said was happening. I still haven't figured that one out yet....
Good luck! I love it; works great for my HUGE list as well!
__________________
Rachel
My Blog
My Gallery
JazzyCreations is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:14 PM   #38
Gabfest Goddess
 
WAstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lost in Forks with the Cullens:)
Posts: 7,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyCreations
You're welcome! Right, I am only saving the pics. I open up the picture so it's not the small thumbnail and then drag it to the right folder.
When you double click on that folder, you should be able to view them WITHOUT going back to the website like someone said was happening. I still haven't figured that one out yet....
Good luck! I love it; works great for my HUGE list as well!
Yes, that's what I'm doing. I think if you drag it while SCS is showing the thumbnails then you can get the internet connection saved...I did it by accident. But then it's like you said, if someone removes their picture, etc., then the connection is no longer there. I figure I can always go back online to get the "recipe" if I need it. Thanks again. I wish I'd figure this out before!!
__________________
Sarah My Gallery
WAstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 04:14 PM   #39
Hardware Hotshot
 
JazzyCreations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittypaws
I still can't get it to work.
Hmm, let me try to help....
With your internet window open to your favorites list, and the window is small so you can still see the pics but you can also see your desktop behind it. (if you've already created folders then continue on, if you haven't created folders yet, here's what you do: RIGHT CLICK on the desktop, click on NEW, then click on FOLDER. Name your folder Lunch Tins for example and then hit ENTER. YOu should have a manilla folder on your desktop.) Now go back to your internet window and click on one of the small pics in your gallery so that it opens up and is big. Then with your LEFT mouse button, click on the picture and keep the button held down. Don't let go of the button. Now move your arrow over to the folder you just created on your desktop. When your arrow is on top of the folder, release the button. This will "drop" the picture in that folder. You should now be able to double click on the folder and it should open and you will see your picture. (I hope).
On my screen when I have the picture open in my folder, I don't see any little arrows or anything indicating that when I click on it, I will go back to the website to view it. YOu should see a big picture in the center of the screen and then once you add more pics, you should see a row of different pictures lined up across the bottom..... let me know if this works....
__________________
Rachel
My Blog
My Gallery
JazzyCreations is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:09 PM   #40
Matboard Maniac
 
tyger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Hudson Valley of NY
Posts: 279
Default

I hate to ask a stupid question but how do you put pictures from the gallery into your favorites folder in SCS? I am not computer literate either. I made my folder on my desktop and wanted to start a favorites folder on SCS. Maybe I can just put a card directly into the desktop folder??? TIA
tyger is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off