Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-05-2017, 12:31 PM   #41
Gallery Gazer

I couldn't tell you the first time, because I'm getting old and the memory ain't what it used to be....
I do remember going to craft fairs, and being entranced by this one who made rubber stamps- Prints Charming (in Michigan, maybe in the late 80s, early 90s?). I bought some stamps from them pretty much every time I went to a fair. I don't recall doing a lot with what I bought, but hey, they made me happy. Sometime around 2003, I helped a friend do her wedding invites and programs, and had my first heat embossing moment. Ooohhh! By then, I had this wicker picnic basket full of stamps, and another friend asked me to come over and we'd play. She was surprised at how many (OMG, I laugh at that NOW!) stamps I had. Then I got married and moved to Kansas, and my next door neighbor was a SU demo. Faster than you can say "I'm so broke!", I was in a monthly stampin group, then looking around here on SCS.
I also remember being in Colorado Springs, and seeing the Holly Berry House store, and dragging DH in with me. I was looking at all the stamps on the shelves, when one of the ladies who worked there asked me to look up- above the shelves, they had sample boards of the layering you could do with those stamps. Holy cow! I immediately turned to DH and told him to get comfortable, I was going to be a while. I walked out of there with an obsession, and about $250 worth of fabulous stamps. Nothing has ever grabbed me quite like those stamps! Take a quick look:

Sample Board Pages -

I have the third bedroom in our house for a craft room, and it overflows into my bedroom as well. Sometimes it overflows into the living room. I think it's mostly the neighbor's fault, for teaching me what do do with all those stamps I'd bought.

PAY IT FORWARD CONTINUES:

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21698887

Cards request for Al:
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/f...l#post21294892
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
jukie and Annecards like this post.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:50 AM   #42
Polyshrink Goddess

I was in college on Thanksgiving break and went to a friends house to have dinner with her family. As I was sitting in the living room, there was an SU catalog on an end table. I picked it up to help pass the time and instantly my heart started racing as I paged through it. I had never made a card in my life or seen anything like this, but I knew, all my years as being a crafty and creative kid - were leading up to this moment. As my friend's Dad drove us back to the train to head to back to college, I paged through the catalog as many times as I could instead of conversing with everyone in the car. As soon as I could, I instantly went to the SU website to find a demonstrator who invited me to a stamp camp. After that first class, the demo said I was a natural and asked if I wanted to join SU, and I've been one ever since! But I am hobby demo, I use it for the discount I laugh because if I had not gone to my friends house for thanksgiving and had that catalog not been on the end table, I wonder if I would have ever come into contact with the stamping world!
tigerlily55 likes this post.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:50 PM   #43
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnecardsView Post
I love SU too! I'm a hobby demonstrator, and couldn't be happier. Maybe someday I'll win an award, that would make my day, month, year, and actually a lifetime! The State Fair award you won is something I'll absolutely never be able to accomplish. A huge congratulations from me to you! Those are awesome accomplishments that's worth sharing!!!
Thank you for your kind words. I didn't think I'd win either so I encourage you to enter them anyway. Knowing that you put your effort and heart into the creation and you enjoyed doing so is an achievement in itself!

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"