Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #41
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmfergView Post
Here is the cap info from the irs.gov website:
  • An individual with AGI of $80,000 and federal income tax liability in excess of $600 would qualify for a basic rebate of $600. Because this individualís AGI exceeds $75,000, however, her rebate is reduced by $250 (the credit is reduced by multiplying the amount of AGI over $75,000 by 5%). The taxpayer receives an economic stimulus payment of $350.
  • A married couple with two children, AGI of $160,000 and federal income tax liability before the child tax credit exceeding $1,200 qualifies for a basic rebate of $1,200 and an additional qualifying child credit of $600 for a total rebate of $1,800. But because the coupleís AGI exceeds $150,000, their rebate is reduced by $500 (the amount of AGI over $150,000 multiplied by 5%). The couple receives an economic stimulus payment of $1,300.
OMG - where are the Philadelphia lawyers? Why can't the government EVER make anything simple? Ye gods!

At any rate, part of my $$ will be spent on vacation and part of it will be spent on Christmas presents, all on American-made goods, I hope.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-17-2008, 05:57 PM   #42
Glitter Guru

We never get a refund, or if we do it's tiny -- DH has our taxes/deductions/withholdings figured pretty close to exactly what they should be. Getting $$ back will be a novelty for us!

We'll put it toward DD#2's wedding -- she's getting married in October.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:29 AM   #43
Crimping Master

They say you have to file 07 taxes before you get it too. They are going off 07 taxes for your income. We will probally use ours for vacation.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:34 AM   #44
Inking Addict

Please note that you have to file a tax return to get the rebate. I believe that social security benefits count as earned income for the rebate. I know I am filing a return for my parents even though they are retired and receive SS benefits because I think they will qualify for the $1200 total rebate even if they do not owe any taxes.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:01 AM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm holding off till I see how much the check will end up being (just started a new job in August so not much in the way of taxable income for most of 2007), but if I qualify for the full $600 then it'll cover airfare to SLC this summer and I can go to Convention!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Old 02-18-2008, 09:06 AM   #46
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by MomofonesonView Post
Most of ours will be spent the American way, we are doing a mini vacation to Niagra Falls/Darien Lake. Matthew gets 100.00 of the 300.00 to spend on what he wants and then I need a TTL flash and diffuser for my dSLR and I may fork over the cash for a new lens. Don't think I will be buying stamps though that may change.
Just make sure you spend it on the American side! heehee

I plan on doing the spend some/save some thing with it. Seriously, most people will end up spending it. I remember the extra $600 a few years back and we spent it and enjoyed spending it. No worries.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:58 PM   #47
Stazon Splitcoast

I am ready to do my part to stimulate the econony- send me the money! Seriously- I have already spent most of my regular tax refund so hopefully I will be able to save some of the rebate. As a single Mom I am not sure what I will get exactly- but every little bit helps!!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:43 PM   #48
Stazon Splitcoast

If I calculated correctly, we will getting $2100. Some of which will be spent on taking a family vacation and the rest will go to home improvements.