Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-09-2004, 06:54 PM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts
Default SU's eyelets Kit vs Making Memories eyelets & Kit

I had the Making Memories Tool Kit (and eyelets) before I decided to become a demo. I decided to spring for the SU eyelets and Crafter's Kit so that I can demo these things. First of all, the MM eyelets seem to flatten much more easily - they have prongs that spread out on the other side of the cardstock after you set them. SU's seem to set okay, but it's like they're just sitting there...

I figured that maybe it was because I was using the MM ToolKit on the SU eyelets (the Crafter's Kit was BO'd, but has since arrived), so I just tried the SU eyelets with the SU tools. Same result - the eyelets are set okay, but it doesn't seem as "set" as with the MM tools/eyelets.

Also, has anyone had trouble getting the items out of the SU toolkit? With the MM one, there's a place for everything, but you aren't struggling with elastic straps to get the stuff out. This might be minor, but if you're demo'ing it, you need fast access to the tools!

Also, my demo/upline showed us a way of setting eyelets w/o eyelet tools. She uses a 1/8" hole punch (handheld) to punch the hole to put the eyelet in, then once the eyelet is in place, you use your 1/16" inch punch and put the pokey part into the hole in the back of the eyelet and gently squeeze until you can feel that it's set. Do you do this? Do you demo this way? I really don't think any of my customers are ready to spring for an expensive tool kit, but if they got to use eyelets, they might buy some, which might eventually lead to selling the kits.

Thanks for reading all this and giving me any insights you have!

Susan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes