Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #81
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue AltView Post
Ahhh - I don't believe she has one. So, I will be following a link to a website from one of you fine ladies.
Yep! I'm sure the customer website of SU! will also have a link to the promo. They always do. Your demo can still place your order for you, as she normally does. It does not need to be placed through a demo website, just through a demo who has access to ordering online (OEX). In other words, they are not taking any phone-in orders. The SU! office is closed for the Thanksgiving weekend.

MY PINTEREST BOARDS MY BLOG MY WEBSITE
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-23-2008, 03:34 PM   #82
Crimping Master

SU is keeping this a huge secret, but I've been told that it's a certain % off bundle type packages. We won't know anything until the 26th.

Also check with your demo to see if she is running any specials of her own. I know lots of demos run their own black Friday promos.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:53 PM   #83
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mamaView Post
i thought someone said that monday was the day we could find out!
From the SU! demo side:

Details on discounted product bundles will be announced when the sale begins November 26.

I think they were going to give us details that it would be bundles on Monday, but since so many demos were calling and asking more information they went ahead and released that information early (just speculation).
Old 11-23-2008, 03:58 PM   #84
Compulsive Stamper

subscribing
Old 11-23-2008, 04:00 PM   #85
Crimping Master

Also, they did say there will be limited quantities. For those checking out SU! website, remember that SU! is in Utah and works off mountain time. So midnight MT is 2AM EST, 1AM CST, 11PM PST.

I am just curious as to what will be on sale. Though I have no intention (at least right now) of staying up until 2AM to find out, but I have said that before.
Old 11-23-2008, 06:47 PM   #86
Polyshrink Goddess

Subscribing. Can't wait to find out.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:55 AM   #87
Rubber Obsessor

subscribing
Old 11-24-2008, 09:09 AM   #88
Stampin' Fool

I am anxiously awaiting too!!! I will post the info to my blog and it will be on my demo website.

I believe that SU told us that the bundles will be discounted 20-50% and I think that is all we will know until Wednesday.....although I hope we find out sooner as it is killing me to have to wait!!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #89
Matboard Maniac

Ok, I need to vent...

This is the first time as an SU! demo that I have been truly annoyed with SU!

I get that the Holiday Extravaganza coincides with the American's "Black Friday," but SU!'s secrecy with this sale is RIDICULOUS!

I live in Canada, and we don't have a holiday this week. It's extremely inconvenient and frustrating that I've been hearing about this "sale", but will not know what is on sale until Wed. morning. Me and my customers have to work all week, so we can't shop/check our emails any time of the day from Wed.-Fri.

My customers will not have a chance to order any of the sale items until at least Wed. night, and who knows? By then, the these "while supplies last" items may have run out, and my customers will be extra frustrated, because, in addition to waiting a month to find out the details of this sale, they've lost out on a great deal because they have jobs to go to during the day, and had to wait until it was too late to put in an order because the company didn't tell them in advance!!!

I just don't understand this...AAAARRRGGGHHH!

I read a post earlier where someone pointed out that most stores don't realease their ads/sales until right before, but this is not the same thing at all!

How many stores have you seen that advertise on TV/newspaper/flyer/internet EVERY DAY, ONE MONTH BEFORE, saying:

"We have a great Black Friday/Christmas/Boxing Day, etc. sale coming up, but you'll have to wait until THAT MORNING to find out what's on sale, then at the last minute you can decide whether you want to buy from us! Sit around, and don't make any other plans...don't make any other plans that day...just sit and wait for us to tell you the sale the day of...and if our sale isn't that great, or isn't of interest to you...then don't worry!...I'm sure you didn't have a life...or somewhere else you could have been!"

Yes, I'm VERY frustrated! You see what I mean though? No one does that! You always find out the details of sales at least the day before, and even then, you don't "hear about it, but with no real info" an entire month leading up to it.

I complained to demonstrator support today.

I'm sorry if I sound like a raving lunatic, but does anyone else agree with me on this?

Thanks for the vent...(deep breaths)
Old 11-24-2008, 10:47 AM   #90
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

Lots of people have to work this Wednesday. Most people in the US only get Thursday off. Some get Friday off. But even knowing about the sale prior to Wed. doesn't really make a difference if you still can't purchase until then.

I still think it's like other stores' ads. We all know that Target and Walmart and JC Penney and all the other stores are going to have a big sale this week, but we still don't know what that sale is.

I think it's kind of fun to anticipate it. It's like waiting for a new catty or Sale-a-bration.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:48 AM   #91
Die Cut Diva

When will SU! post the sale ... at midnight MT or say 8:00 or 9:00 am MT when they get in the office?

What upsets me about this sale is the hoarders ... and I'm not suggesting anyone here ... it's just with all the hype that's going on here and other places, I know things will sell out like hotcakes merely by people hoarding. It seems to happen all the time. Then weeks or months later you see the same items posted here, eBay, etc. It's so easy to sit in the comfort of your own home on the computer and order, and that's what I think makes people hoard.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:20 PM   #92
Stampin' Fool

Just wanted to clarify that if your demo does not have a Business web site you can still order through her and give her the sales credit. When you click on the online shopping link at the SU website it asks you to set up a customer account. If you click the link that says I have a demo you can then enter her name in the demonstrator directory and find her.

My teeny, tiny, someday it might be a GALLERY
Old 11-24-2008, 01:49 PM   #93
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stampin'HappyInCTView Post
When will SU! post the sale ... at midnight MT or say 8:00 or 9:00 am MT when they get in the office?

What upsets me about this sale is the hoarders ... and I'm not suggesting anyone here ... it's just with all the hype that's going on here and other places, I know things will sell out like hotcakes merely by people hoarding. It seems to happen all the time. Then weeks or months later you see the same items posted here, eBay, etc. It's so easy to sit in the comfort of your own home on the computer and order, and that's what I think makes people hoard.
SU! will post the sale at 12:01 AM MST on Wednesday morning (11PM PST, 1AM CST, 2AM EST). There is hope that perhaps SU! will limit quantities, like B&M stores try to do for deep discount sales...it would be easier to prohibit hoarding in an online sale, just a thought. SU! has not given demos an information if the items will be limited per customer (1 per customer, etc) just that the bundles will be limited quantity
Old 11-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #94
SCS RAK Coordinator

I asked this in the other thread about SU bundle sales but thought I would mention it here too. Has any demo asked about whether these specials can be ordered on/through a workshop or can it only be on-line (as the press release seemed to indicate)?

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Old 11-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #95
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleflowersView Post
I asked this in the other thread about SU bundle sales but thought I would mention it here too. Has any demo asked about whether these specials can be ordered on/through a workshop or can it only be on-line (as the press release seemed to indicate)?
The bundles can be ordered online through a demos website or a demo can key in the item numbers and order it on a customer or workshop order. Please note that the bundles are only available while supplies last.

HTH

Is it Wednesday yet!!!!!
Old 11-24-2008, 02:43 PM   #96
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv my dollyView Post
The bundles can be ordered online through a demos website or a demo can key in the item numbers and order it on a customer or workshop order. Please note that the bundles are only available while supplies last.

HTH

Is it Wednesday yet!!!!!
How do they work hostesses' benefits if people order, say $100 in bundles, but by the time the workshop is turned in (is it electronic?) those are no longer available?

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Old 11-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #97
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

How do they work hostesses' benefits if people order, say $100 in bundles, but by the time the workshop is turned in (is it electronic?) those are no longer available?
That is why they are recommending that we NOT wait to place these orders as part of a workshop as it is very possible that the bundle may be sold out.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:59 PM   #98
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

As with any orders that we place, If an item is no longer available, the order will not close and those items will be removed and not count towards hostess benefits. They will not provide backorders with the bundles - they are while supplies last.

I'm not one to go out and brave the crowds for Black Friday, so am unable to take advantage of those sales. IF THIS SPECIAL bothers you in some way - there are still other SU specials going on that you can take advantage of with your demonstrator. After 10 years as a demo, this fall has had by far the most specials I have ever seen. The Rub-on special goes until Nov 30 and the Country Living special goes until Dec 31. Also starting Dec. 1 there is 20% off all stamp sets in the sampler brochure (with a $20 purchase).

Enjoy Thanksgiving with your families everyone!
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Old 11-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #99
Pearl-ExPert

Be sure to ask your demo if she is running specials! Lots of demos are also giving their own specials. Be sure to check
Old 11-24-2008, 06:13 PM   #100
Insane Embellisher

.....anyone else think this won't end well??.....

I just think the difference between this and regular Black Friday sales is that we won't know the quantities available. It really leaves the customer in the dark as far as educated buys...
Old 11-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #101
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebeartView Post
.....anyone else think this won't end well??.....

I just think the difference between this and regular Black Friday sales is that we won't know the quantities available. It really leaves the customer in the dark as far as educated buys...
If you stand outside Target at 4:00am waiting for the doors to open at 5:00am so you can go in and buy the Wii, you may not get one. They don't tell you how many they have so you just take your chances, this is no different except you don't have to wait outside in the cold for a few hours.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:33 PM   #102
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

If you stand outside Target at 4:00am waiting for the doors to open at 5:00am so you can go in and buy the Wii, you may not get one. They don't tell you how many they have so you just take your chances, this is no different except you don't have to wait outside in the cold for a few hours.
I understand that. But there is a still a difference. You can tell if you are 4th in line you have a good chance (for the wii and frostbite), if you are 15th, its not likely, if you're 40th its time to go home. KWIM?

You also have time to decide whether or not you want a wii for that price before you get up at 4:00
Old 11-24-2008, 06:34 PM   #103
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by thescrapmasterView Post
Be sure to ask your demo if she is running specials! Lots of demos are also giving their own specials. Be sure to check
Yes, we are aren't we!!
Old 11-24-2008, 06:37 PM   #104
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Been there... done that! Even have gotten shoved around and yelled at before. Gotta love these sales! At least you never have to leave the comfort of your home for the SU! sale. Even if they run out before you buy it, at least you didn't have to suffer for it!

Old 11-24-2008, 06:44 PM   #105
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

I understand that. But there is a still a difference. You can tell if you are 4th in line you have a good chance (for the wii and frostbite), if you are 15th, its not likely, if you're 40th its time to go home. KWIM?
Not necessarily. Have you ever seen the mad rush of people when those doors open? People don't march quietly inline behind each other. It's a free for all. And they don't put the Wiis, or computers or specialty toys where you think to look either. So if you're 4th in line and you rush to the electronics dept. for a Wii, the 40th person in line already picked up his Wii in the lingerie section. I kid you NOT! They put that stuff all over the store, and not where you expect it to be. It's totally random. My mom and I used to shop the Black Friday sales years ago. It's a riot, literally! The people watching is just as rewarding as the bargains!

Old 11-24-2008, 06:51 PM   #106
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by skdeleeuwView Post
Not necessarily. Have you ever seen the mad rush of people when those doors open? People don't march quietly inline behind each other. It's a free for all. And they don't put the Wiis, or computers or specialty toys where you think to look either. So if you're 4th in line and you rush to the electronics dept. for a Wii, the 40th person in line already picked up his Wii in the lingerie section. I kid you NOT! They put that stuff all over the store, and not where you expect it to be. It's totally random. My mom and I used to shop the Black Friday sales years ago. It's a riot, literally! The people watching is just as rewarding as the bargains!
Have you ever seen Jingle All the Way? I think its the one with Arnold Swarchenegger. It depicts just what you've described!!

I've been lucky I guess, I've been to a few BFs at Best Buy and they have given people tickets for the big ticket items. But what you explained sure sounds more funny.

Old 11-24-2008, 07:08 PM   #107
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Have you ever seen Jingle All the Way? I think its the one with Arnold Swarchenegger. It depicts just what you've described!!

I've been lucky I guess, I've been to a few BFs at Best Buy and they have given people tickets for the big ticket items. But what you explained sure sounds more funny.

LOVE that movie! And yes, the movie is pretty much true to life, as far as the waiting and the pushing and shoving are concerned. Blowing up radio stations... not so much!

Old 11-24-2008, 08:01 PM   #108
Matboard Maniac

Well, I had hoped to be able to go to the BF sales this week but we have family coming to town and they want to go to Sea World that day.

Are you frickin kidding me!!

It's probably the only day that dh and I get our Christmas shopping done. Plus, it's frickin November.

Yes, I admit it I'm a wuss when it's cold. I grew up in TX for crying out loud and not the panhandle where it actually gets snow but the middle of TX where we shut down the city for ICE.

DH and his family are from UT, dh learned to drive in IL, except for when he was a Sr. in HS dh grew up in the cold. DH won't even let me drive when the city gets ICE because he knows that I and the half of the city unless they grew up in those places don't really know how to drive in the ICE.

Mary
Old 11-24-2008, 08:09 PM   #109
Polyshrink Goddess

WOW! I should hide my check book now!
Old 11-25-2008, 04:44 PM   #110
Polyshrink Goddess

Is this the sale? I'm not sure if this is something old.

http://www.stampinup.com/us/enu/12314.asp

Scrappractical - The Blog
Old 11-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #111
Polyshrink Goddess

I've heard that there will be an additional 20% off when you select your demonstrator and order online. Sorry, if this has been mentioned already.

Scrappractical - The Blog
Old 11-25-2008, 05:11 PM   #112
Pearl-ExPert

I think this whole 'Limited Quantities' thing is just to cause a big hype to sell more faster.

SU is still making money off the sale price, they aren't losing that's for sure. So you know they plan to have enough to go around....just that if people think there are plenty of something, they don't buy as fast!
Old 11-25-2008, 06:55 PM   #113
Crimping Master

subscribing too

http://roxysramblings64.blogspot.com
Old 11-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #114
Matboard Maniac

I am definitely looking forward to see what SU!s sale is for Black Friday.

I love all my SU! stamps just haven't gotten to use all of them, yet.

I guess that's because I use my acrylic stamps more because they are much easier to bring to crops.

All my acrylics fit in 2 binders except my CTMH stamps I need to get a holder for them.

I need to find a CTMH Consultant in my area that holds regular crops and has a stamp club like my SU! Demo does. That's why I have sooooo many stamp sets from SU! even though I haven't gotten around to using them all yet.

Mary
Old 11-25-2008, 07:12 PM   #115
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Location: Somewhere between here and there and enjoying the journey!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdiosaView Post
I've heard that there will be an additional 20% off when you select your demonstrator and order online. Sorry, if this has been mentioned already.

The online prices are always lower if you use a demonstrator for your online sales. SU! desires to encourage sales through the demonstrators to support us, but I think it's better for customers too.

I guess we won't know for sure until the sale begins.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #116
Embossing Fanatic

Here it is!!!

http://www.stampinup.com/us/documents/bundles_US.pdf

Last edited by camsmom; 11-25-2008 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: promotion
Old 11-25-2008, 08:04 PM   #117
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for posting that!!

I am a little disappointed that I either have it or don't want it...but on the bright side...I don't have to worry about over-spending.
Old 11-25-2008, 08:14 PM   #118
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by joleneelektra625View Post
You cannot post your website here
Old 11-25-2008, 08:18 PM   #119
Kookie Creator

this should be lots of fun!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #120
Die Cut Diva

I'm going to break down and get all in the family now, I can't refuse at 50% off