Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-07-2008, 03:26 AM   #1
Compulsive Stamper

Default Submissions?

Hi Guys,

Please can someone explain what submissions are? I`m new to this lingo. I recently contacted a magazine to see if they were interested in publishing my work. They said they were very busy with lots of designers but are always looking for new ideas and said that they may submission my work if it was what they were looking for. Please explain

thanks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-07-2008, 04:28 AM   #2
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinkleView Post
Hi Guys,

Please can someone explain what submissions are? I`m new to this lingo. I recently contacted a magazine to see if they were interested in publishing my work. They said they were very busy with lots of designers but are always looking for new ideas and said that they may submission my work if it was what they were looking for. Please explain

thanks
Hi!

Usually submissions is a process in which you send them by mail or computer your card or a photo of it....if they like it they will contact you....I was lucky enough to get a call on a card I had submitted (they ask for contact info when you submit your card) I submit mine by computer....if they like it they will contact you and tell you what to do....they will need the card to photograph it for the magazine.....Good Luck!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:50 AM   #3
Crimping Master

The easiest way to jump in to the submission process is to check your favorite magazine's website. Most of the magazines have an area on their website outlining their submission process, including the specific topics for which they are looking. Sometimes you get a lot of notice, other times, not so much!

You will make your card, photograph it and email the picture (I usually send a supply list along at that time) to the email address indicated on their website by the deadline. They will reply (the amount of time they take to reply varies) if they want the project and email you the directions to send it to them.

I noticed that you are in the UK; I know there are several gorgeous British magazines that focus on cards. I haven't looked into submitting to them due to the distance, but you may want to start with those. I only suggest that because it may be easier to get your feet wet w/o having to worry about postal woes.

Good luck in getting started! LMK if I can be of any more help!