Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-08-2005, 06:31 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU Stamp & craft pads

What is the differences between the craft pads and the stamp pads? I've read what is has to say in the idea book but would like to hear from some users of both. What projects do you use them on and why? Which do you like better and why? How hard are they to clean the ink off your stamps?

I'm sorry for being such a dork but it's been 10 years since I bought any SU stamps & pads.
Will graduate college June 28th 2007
[email protected]
Springfield Missouri
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2005, 06:51 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

I use the classic pads because they dry quickly. I do use the white because I like the look. I bought some of the colored craft pads but they didn't show up like the white did on colored cardstock, even when double stamped. I like the quick and easy way I guess....
I FiNallY DiD iT - TAC AnGeL #2645

Check out my gallery!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-08-2005, 07:06 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

LOVE the craft pads. My sister has the classic and I have craft. I like the rich opaque color that stays true to the original regardless of the color of the paper beneath. I don't know about others, but when I stamped an only orange pad on black the other day it was only orange colored WHEN it was fully dry. I use a heat gun to help it along. When you first stamp the colored craft pads on dark paper they aren't as opaque. They become opaque as they dry.

They do take longer to dry, but as the pad ages this drying time reduces. I prefer also to know that my scrapbooks will not fade out in a few years. Other's don't believe this will happen, but I work really hard on my scrap pages and I don't want to take the chance.

I enjoy embossing with my craft pads. I only need clear EP and I have every color in the spectrum. I like doing poppin pastels and pearl x with my craft pads. I made a card the other day with leaves stamped with a rust craft pad. I then dabbed a bit of pearl x to the edges but left some of the rust colored ink uncolored. It was stunning.

I love the way my craft ink coats the rubber and gives an even image. Dye inks can bead up on our broad rubber stamps and give a blotchy look. Craft ink coats the stamp evenly and looks lovely.

Dye pads are great and they have some really cool techniques that you can only do with dye based ink. But for my everyday stamping, I pull out my craft pads. When I really do need dye, well, kinda sacrilidge, but I've been secretly collecting adarondak-- they are fade resistant. I'm truly a scrapper at heart.

Hope this helps. Keep on stampin' no matter what your pad variety!
Reply With Quote Likes