Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-24-2008, 03:36 AM   #41
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sibilance7View Post
What I'm hung up on is that SU's entire business model has been bugging me for a while, and this order may just be the straw that breaks the camel's back as far as me continuing to order from them (my issues with SU are many and varied, and probably a topic for another post). I understand all the circumstances that everyone is describing - high volume of orders, etc - but what irritates me is that I've never experienced such slow shipping times from any other company I've ordered from, and I usually don't pay this much for shipping. I used to work at a factory that had a very high volume of business during the summer because of weddings, so every summer, they hired temps to make sure we could meet our shipping times. I also worked in customer service where we had a goal of answering the phone with no hold times, and we hired temps or shuffled people around to make sure it happened. I would think that if SU had a new catalog coming out, they would assume that the volume would be heavy and prepare for that. I seem to remember this same issue happening last January when the new catalog came out and then again when SAB started.

As far as shipping cost, the last time I paid $15 for shipping, it was for an extremely heavy piece of exercise equipment. So my experience with SU is completely out of line with my other experiences. That makes me not happy. I know this subject has been brought up before and lots of people defend SU, but I disagree with shipping amounts based on order totals instead of weight of items being sent. A system like that has to be built in such a way that the customer pays extra a substantial amount of the time so the company doesn't lose money on shipping constantly. I'd rather just pay exactly what it costs to ship my actual items. I do not feel that I'm entitled to not pay shipping costs, I just don't understand how SU is so out of line with my other experiences, which consist of often not paying shipping, and when I do, it's certainly not as much as they charge and my packages get here much faster.

As far as my demo, I know she put the order in when she said she did because I was on the phone with her when she was putting it in on the computer and she's not the type to lie about things. And I don't get a receipt from her because we don't live anywhere near each other. I continue to use her because I don't need/want things like classes, etc, and I know she needs the money, so I'd like her to the get the money from my orders. I tell her not to waste her time or a stamp sending me a receipt, so I'm wasn't trying to bash my demo, I was just saying that I'm not certain about the shipping.
Honestly I think you were right when you said you had other issues with SU besides this and this is just the icing on the cake for you -- I am sorry to hear but everyone has their own opinions, right!! Hopefullly you will get your order soon and then maybe take a break from SU for a while and explore some other companies - every company is so different for whatever reason and I do sometimes compare myself either liking or not liking -- even Shutterfly who I love, LOVE for ordering pictures which usually takes X amount of days stunned me when it took over a week for my photos to come. Am I boycotting them, no, because I know with their summer 15 cent sale they are getting bombarded with orders.

Anyway hopefully your order will come in soon and you will love it -
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #42
Stampin' Fool

It really is hard to wait for shipping I share your pain. It was soooo hard to wait for my order to come too. But I also placed an order for school clothes for my children at Old Navy and it took them a week to pick and finally ship my order - it should be here Monday. We get so used to getting things fast that the long wait and peak ordering times seems especially brutal.

My teeny, tiny, someday it might be a GALLERY
Old 08-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #43
Embossing Fanatic

So I am curious after reading this...what are SU ship charges? I don't have a demo at all, but have been looking at the catty some online. Just curious what shipping would cost me and how it works.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #44
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiorabbitView Post
So I am curious after reading this...what are SU ship charges? I don't have a demo at all, but have been looking at the catty some online. Just curious what shipping would cost me and how it works.
Minimum shipping is $6.95 or 10% whichever is higher. (A $150.00 would be $15.00 shipping; a $15 order would be $6.95 shipping) There are also options to expedite the order (both order picking & delivery) which vary depending on the total order or workshop.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:52 PM   #45
Stazon Splitcoast

SU charges 10% shipping, with a minimum charge US of $6.95. I think for Canada the minimum is $9.95. Someone will correct me if not. Some states charge tax on shipping, too. But that's not an SU function.

Oops, jinx!
Old 08-26-2008, 05:41 AM   #46
Kookie Creator

Well after reading this I figured my stuff would arrive the 28th, I ordered the 15th, but my demo sent it in the 16th. So last night before I went to bed I figured I should check the front door one more time "just in case" type of thing. I was SHOCKED to find my box out there! Does UPS just tip toe to your door and gently sent it down and then run like hell? No knock, no door bell, and he didn't even make enough noise to alert my dogs. Thought that was kinda odd. I know FedEx doesn't require a signature either, but they drop your stuff, ring the bell and leave. What really bummed me out was that it was way too late to play with my new stuff! So it will have to wait until I get home from work...
Old 08-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #47
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by BingalingView Post
Well after reading this I figured my stuff would arrive the 28th, I ordered the 15th, but my demo sent it in the 16th. So last night before I went to bed I figured I should check the front door one more time "just in case" type of thing. I was SHOCKED to find my box out there! Does UPS just tip toe to your door and gently sent it down and then run like hell? No knock, no door bell, and he didn't even make enough noise to alert my dogs. Thought that was kinda odd. I know FedEx doesn't require a signature either, but they drop your stuff, ring the bell and leave. What really bummed me out was that it was way too late to play with my new stuff! So it will have to wait until I get home from work...
Depends on the driver. I've had that happen (or I check my tracking number on my PC and am surprised to find the box was delivered). No doorbell, no knock, just drop and run.