Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-19-2010, 06:39 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SU New In Colors?

Has anyone seen the new In Colors? I heard rumors that they are very similar to the current In Colors. I'm dying to know!!

I want to buy everything!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 07:26 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: in a parallel universe, where i get to stamp all day!

Hi Denise, I haven't seen them in person, but the demos did get a sneak peek in the demo only magazine. The Concord Crush reminds me of Welch's grape juice - it looks gorgeous! The Pear Pizzazz is a beautiful shade of green - it kind of reminds me of Anjou Pears. In addition there is Peach Parfait which is a lovely rich shade of Peach. Blushing Bride is a pale pink that looks to have a bluish tone and Poppy Parade which is in the red family.
I can't wait to get my hands on them!
hope this helps
jaydee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 07:36 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Me either....I am so excited for new...new new stuff....
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 07:45 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Can someone scan them & post? Pretty please??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 07:54 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by weimsView Post
Can someone scan them & post? Pretty please??
SO against the rules, lol...sorry! To be honest, though...until the papers are actually in my hands, I'm not making any judgment whatsoever. There's a world of difference between looking at a color on a monitor or on a magazine page and having the real thing in your hands. Just the way the whole light thing works, I guess. I've seen several different ways people have described the light pink, for instance. Some think it's more of a mauve-y color, not really pink.

Not to worry, you'll be seing it soon enough. The demos will be able to start their pre-ordering June 1, and more than a few of them will be overnighting their orders ;), lol!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 09:35 AM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I will say they are not like the current in colors that we have...June 2 you'll start seeing stuff I'd imagine...I'll be overnighting although I'll have to work so hopefully I'll have some time to play when I get it!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Default SU New In Colors

Subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #8  

Also wanted to mention that as far as I know, no demos have any actual samples yet. Some got to see them in real life on the cruise but the rest of us are just relying on seeing some SMALL and blurry snippets in PRINT which is TOTALLY different than the actual papers and inks. SO, I think a lot of us are holding off judgment until we see the real thing....and we can't post because we DON'T have them:-)

So be patient...it's HARD, I know....I became a demo so I could look early, LOL!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 12:26 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

They sound wonderful this coming year! I can't wait. I didn't feel the love for the current in-colors. I've liked lots of past IC.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 12:54 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

On Dawn Olchefske's blog DOstamping with Dawn.. blog entry April 17 2010 she has done some comparing new colours to old ones. This might give you an idea how they differ or remain the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #11  
neglecting the kids and housework

Those are the new additions to the core colors not the upcoming In Colors. Great display tho. Now I'm even more excited
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 06:02 PM   #12  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewsplendidstamperView Post
Those are the new additions to the core colors not the upcoming In Colors. Great display tho. Now I'm even more excited
What she just mentioned above as in Concord Crush, Peach Parfait, etc are the new In Colors for 2010-2011 and there will be 5 new In Colors the following year. The new core colors are very different...Cajun Craze, Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight, Cherry Cobbler, and Early Espresso
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 06:07 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Still no lavendars? Since they are dropping all the light purples, I thought there might be one in the In Colors rather than yet another red.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 06:21 PM   #14  
Glitter Queen

Nope, no lavenders. That isn't a very trendy color right now when you look at other manufacturers so I am sure it was one of the first to be cut. SU is finally considering the trends in color and they have waited way too long IMO. They have had almost whole families that match nothing but their own stuff and are very outdated. The current "look" is more of a Shabby Chic/distressed look and garish brights/very soft pastels don't really work outside of SU products. If they want their stuff to be used by stampers who buy other companies' products, they have to compete and update their palettes.

I forgot to add that Concord Crush is not much darker than a Lilac anyway. It will be pretty close.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #15  

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappyKyView Post
Nope, no lavenders. That isn't a very trendy color right now when you look at other manufacturers so I am sure it was one of the first to be cut. SU is finally considering the trends in color and they have waited way too long IMO. They have had almost whole families that match nothing but their own stuff and are very outdated. The current "look" is more of a Shabby Chic/distressed look and garish brights/very soft pastels don't really work outside of SU products. If they want their stuff to be used by stampers who buy other companies' products, they have to compete and update their palettes.
I agree! We are more on trend now! Good point too, about going better with other companies stuff!!!!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 06:59 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 55 Likes on 51 Posts

Only problem is, I stamp for myself and use what I like. I don't really care about trends. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that SU needed to make some major changes, and I am excited about some of these changes. But I'm also disappointed that they've taken away so many of the pale, soft colors that I like. And as far as trends are concerned, I do see these colors at other companies, which I will be buying cardstock from now because for the first time, SU is really missing something for me.

And please don't take my post to be snarky or anti Stampin Up, I will probably always be a loyal customer, but I do feel like they are missing something and I hope that next year's in colors include a lavender and pale yellow.

To end on a positive note, I can't WAIT to see the Peach parfait!
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Phillippians 4:13
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 07:04 PM   #17  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkstieberView Post
Only problem is, I stamp for myself and use what I like. I don't really care about trends. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that SU needed to make some major changes, and I am excited about some of these changes. But I'm also disappointed that they've taken away so many of the pale, soft colors that I like. And as far as trends are concerned, I do see these colors at other companies, which I will be buying cardstock from now because for the first time, SU is really missing something for me.

And please don't take my post to be snarky or anti Stampin Up, I will probably always be a loyal customer, but I do feel like they are missing something and I hope that next year's in colors include a lavender and pale yellow.

I'm excited about the new colors but doesn't mean I won't miss some of the old ones. The light yellow especially. BUT they needed to stay competitive and some of the colors just plain didn't sell as well as others. I've mentioned in many threads about how any business needs to weed out the low sellers in the warehouse to make room for other stuff. My fiance is in manufacturing and gave me this whole big lesson on how each square foot of space has a dollar amount attached to it and they use the sales of the things that sit there to determine what to carry and what to not carry. I NEVER knew how much went into it:-) I just thought the man in brown magically brought me stuff from Utah, LOL! It was cool to hear him explain it though, helped me turn the corner and be excited about the change...it was logical...I can do logic:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
I'm excited about the new colors but doesn't mean I won't miss some of the old ones. The light yellow especially. BUT they needed to stay competitive and some of the colors just plain didn't sell as well as others. I've mentioned in many threads about how any business needs to weed out the low sellers in the warehouse to make room for other stuff. My fiance is in manufacturing and gave me this whole big lesson on how each square foot of space has a dollar amount attached to it and they use the sales of the things that sit there to determine what to carry and what to not carry. I NEVER knew how much went into it:-) I just thought the man in brown magically brought me stuff from Utah, LOL! It was cool to hear him explain it though, helped me turn the corner and be excited about the change...it was logical...I can do logic:-)
I can definitely understand them needing to get rid of colors, believe me. Some of the bold brights reminded me of things I wore back in the 80's, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-19-2010, 08:35 PM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=ScrappyKy;16714381]Nope, no lavenders. That isn't a very trendy color right now when you look at other manufacturers so I am sure it was one of the first to be cut. SU is finally considering the trends in color and they have waited way too long IMO. They have had almost whole families that match nothing but their own stuff and are very outdated. The current "look" is more of a Shabby Chic/distressed look and garish brights/very soft pastels don't really work outside of SU products. If they want their stuff to be used by stampers who buy other companies' products, they have to compete and update their palettes.

I forgot to add that Concord Crush is not much darker than a Lilac anyway. It will be pretty close.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with this, Concord Crush looks to be very dark and rich not at all like a Lilac color
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 05:43 AM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Excellent response! I completely agree!

Lavendar is just a color some people really like. I make cards for at least 3 people who just love lavendar. Sometimes it is the color I need to make a scrapbook page work with my photos of flowers or the clothes we are wearing in a photo.

I'll have to look elsewhere for that color in cardstock and ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 06:06 AM   #21  
Forum Fanatic

Smile

Quote:

BRAVO! BRAVO! That is how I feel. And I still wish that SU would have kept colors on a 'Dormant List' or something rather than retiring them completely. I like all the colors of the rainbow, whether I see them in the current trends or not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 06:36 AM   #22  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 123 Likes on 92 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by PBakerView Post

I forgot to add that Concord Crush is not much darker than a Lilac anyway. It will be pretty close.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree with this, Concord Crush looks to be very dark and rich not at all like a Lilac color
?? I didn't think Concord Grape looked light at all...from what I saw, it looked like a cross between [the old] Vintage Violet and Eggplant - very dark purple.

The pink looks like the two we have now - I couldn't tell a difference but I'm sure it'll look different in real life. But either way, we'll have 3 light pink shades to choose from.

Instagram: @jacqueline_worksforstamps
Blog: Works For Stamps

Come join the TEAparty every Tuesday! Click here for details.

"Stamping is an addiction & therapy rolled into one"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 07:50 AM   #23  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafty Math ChickView Post
BRAVO! BRAVO! That is how I feel. And I still wish that SU would have kept colors on a 'Dormant List' or something rather than retiring them completely. I like all the colors of the rainbow, whether I see them in the current trends or not.
That would STILL take up space in the warehouse so they would still be facing the same problem. Just not enough space for all the things we all want...kind of like in most of our own craft rooms

:p hehe

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
That would STILL take up space in the warehouse so they would still be facing the same problem. Just not enough space for all the things we all want...kind of like in most of our own craft rooms

:p hehe
I can so relate to this! I won't even be able to order ANY new cardstock when the catty comes out until I've freed up some space in my paper bins. I truly have no more room. So I guess I see a summer with lots of crafting coming!;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 02:34 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

I put Pink Pirouette and Pretty in Pink together last night and they look so great together...some of the colors you dont see the difference until you put them together. These two are lovely and if the new Blushing Bride is lighter than Pink Pirouette I bet these three will be stunning when used together.
I too am excited for the Peach Parfait....me thinking it might just look lovely with Groovy Guava...
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 02:46 PM   #26  

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I put Pink Pirouette and Pretty in Pink together last night and they look so great together...some of the colors you dont see the difference until you put them together. These two are lovely and if the new Blushing Bride is lighter than Pink Pirouette I bet these three will be stunning when used together.
I too am excited for the Peach Parfait....me thinking it might just look lovely with Groovy Guava...
blessings.
Again, haven't seen it IRL but I don't think it's close. Guava was more coral...the peach looks to be more orange. Make sense???

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #27  
Kookie Creator

While I am excited about the new colors, too am disappointed with the lack of light purple. Purple is my FAVORITE color. I love every shade of purple out there! Light, dark, pinkish, blueish, reddish, soft and vibrant! You name it I am nuts about it. I mean My DH sleeps on purple sheets, surrounded by purple pillows with purple curtains. My bedroom is monochromatic purple, all different shades, together. So, I next time I am shopping around, I may end up not placing an order with SU because they don't have a color, but I can get it somewhere else. They should have kept at least 1 light purple IMO. I still love SU.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #28  

Quote:

Originally Posted by princessmeshelleView Post
While I am excited about the new colors, too am disappointed with the lack of light purple. Purple is my FAVORITE color. I love every shade of purple out there! Light, dark, pinkish, blueish, reddish, soft and vibrant! You name it I am nuts about it. I mean My DH sleeps on purple sheets, surrounded by purple pillows with purple curtains. My bedroom is monochromatic purple, all different shades, together. So, I next time I am shopping around, I may end up not placing an order with SU because they don't have a color, but I can get it somewhere else. They should have kept at least 1 light purple IMO. I still love SU.
LOL, you have a good one! I don't think my fiance would agree to all the purple (as I'm not a purple person I'm ok with that) but it's cool that if that's your thing he goes with it:-) Secure in his manhood he is, LOL!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 03:38 PM   #29  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

I would love to see a picture of your bedroom. I have purple accents in my room, purple blankets, purple sheets, but my walls are green. My bathroom is purple however.
I don't recall asking my husband :twisted:
but don't take my advice i know you (Minders) are just about to get married.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 04:08 PM   #30  

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuGView Post
I would love to see a picture of your bedroom. I have purple accents in my room, purple blankets, purple sheets, but my walls are green. My bathroom is purple however.
I don't recall asking my husband :twisted:
but don't take my advice i know you (Minders) are just about to get married.
LOL, not that I have to ask him about stuff but I know I wouldn't want to live in a color room I didn't like...hence why I finally got him to change what he was going to paint the basement:-) Our room colors were all joint decisions...luckily we pretty much like the same stuff!

I just don't know a lot of men who would not object to so much purple, hehe!

Sorry, hijack over:-)

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #31  
Kookie Creator

My DH knew from the get go that the house is mine. I keep the frou frou girly stuff to a minimum in the downstairs cuz that is where company gets to see. but the bedroom is my haven. I shall have to clean it so it is presentable enough for pictures though. I am in a constant state of decluttering my clutter.. Which for some reason seems to always be poppin up in new places... I think it multiplies while the lights are out...

But enough of my purples... back the OP! I am excited to see what the new look like. I am wondering if the Peach Parfait would be suitable skin tone color. When I heard the name Concord Crush I immediately thought of Welches grape juice. I can't wait to see all the new stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2010, 04:17 AM   #32  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

My DH knew from the get go that the house is mine. I keep the frou frou girly stuff to a minimum in the downstairs cuz that is where company gets to see. but the bedroom is my haven. I shall have to clean it so it is presentable enough for pictures though. I am in a constant state of decluttering my clutter.. Which for some reason seems to always be poppin up in new places... I think it multiplies while the lights are out...

But enough of my purples... back the OP! I am excited to see what the new look like. I am wondering if the Peach Parfait would be suitable skin tone color. When I heard the name Concord Crush I immediately thought of Welches grape juice. I can't wait to see all the new stuff!
oh I can sit in the room with the lights on and watch the clutter multiply

I think the peach parfait looks too dark and orangey to be skin tone, unless you are depicting someone using tan in can
I cannot wait to see these in my grubby little hands. I have not used the current in colors but for a handful of times, but these new ones are exciting to me. I don't think they are anything like the current in colors. I have heard people say some of the new in colors seem to be similar to some of the current or new core colors. Not long now to find out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2010, 04:19 AM   #33  

Quote:

Don't want to burst your bubble...but the peach color won't be a good skin color I don't think...unless you WANT a person who looks like a spray tan gone wrong:-) It's pretty bright, at least from what I can tell just looking at it in print. Again, don't want to disappoint anyone but don't want you all to get your hopes up either! Just a about a week until I and the other demos can order the new colors and then hopefully you'll be able to see stuff popping up!!!!!

PS...I think my stuff multiplies sometimes too....I KNOW the laundry does, LOL!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2010, 04:20 AM   #34  

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuGView Post
oh I can sit in the room with the lights on and watch the clutter multiply

I think the peach parfait looks too dark and orangey to be skin tone, unless you are depicting someone using tan in can
I cannot wait to see these in my grubby little hands. I have not used the current in colors but for a handful of times, but these new ones are exciting to me. I don't think they are anything like the current in colors. I have heard people say some of the new in colors seem to be similar to some of the current or new core colors. Not long now to find out.
We are of one mind, LOL....but I actually am going to get a spray tan later today...they have come a long way from the orangey color it used to be...I always get nervous that it won't turn out right though:-)

Funny we posted that at the same time!!!!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #35  
Kookie Creator

I wasn't hoping too much for it just thinking out loud. Or in type... Whatever... When I think of a parfait, the cream somes to mind which would lead me in the direction of a light peach. Which would usually be a light enough color to be a skin tone.... Tha is just the way my mind works though... SU could totally see it different. 12 days by my count until we should start seeing stuff! Can't wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2010, 11:03 AM   #36  

Quote:

I wasn't hoping too much for it just thinking out loud. Or in type... Whatever... When I think of a parfait, the cream somes to mind which would lead me in the direction of a light peach. Which would usually be a light enough color to be a skin tone.... Tha is just the way my mind works though... SU could totally see it different. 12 days by my count until we should start seeing stuff! Can't wait!
Oh I understand, but I've heard quite a few comments on this so I just kind of wanted to let you know before everyone gets their hopes up and then be sad:-)

I agree, the name kind of sounds very soft and pastel but I don't think it'll look that way and to me it looks more orangey than peach...but it is still in the peach family, that make ANY sense? LOL! We will know soon!

Check out my blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2010, 05:35 PM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

I got a peek at the new In Colors (in print)....I agree, the peach looks very orangey and the Concord Crush looks like a pretty dark purple...close to eggplant in my opinion. Then theres another pink and yet another red shade. The pear is a nice green color that is a lot like celery. I was really disappointed. I was seriously hoping for a lavendar like a lot of people have said. I agree that they should have kept at least one of the lavendars instead of have 3 shades of pink and a bazillion shades of red.

I want to buy everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-21-2010, 06:14 PM   #38  
Kookie Creator

I hate to say it but in years past I got all worked up about the new catty... This year I feel nonplussed so far. I know that we are a ways off from the new catty. But with so many changes I feel like I'm just waiting to see if I find something to get excited about. I sound like such a downer don't I? Maybe it is cuz my demo left me and now I don't have a live in person demo to see new products with and preview. Or even just talk it us with in person instead of "oh trust me it is awesome"! I guess I need a new demo.
Reply With Quote Likes