Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-17-2008, 09:38 AM   #1  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SU! Just for you series stamp...

...can anyone educate me on what these are/were?
Old 07-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #2  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I remember correctly, there was about a 4 month period about 6 years ago when SU offered, as a motivator and bonus, to their demo's, a Just For You series of stamp sets that they would send to you at the end of each month (one set per month, you could only get it for that month and the sets were different for each month) if you met a certain quota that month. These were just made for demo's, never sold or offered to anyone else. I had 3 of them and just got rid of them recently.

Does this sound what you are talking about?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #3  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by dacpamView Post
If I remember correctly, there was about a 4 month period about 6 years ago when SU offered, as a motivator and bonus, to their demo's, a Just For You series of stamp sets that they would send to you at the end of each month (one set per month, you could only get it for that month and the sets were different for each month) if you met a certain quota that month. These were just made for demo's, never sold or offered to anyone else. I had 3 of them and just got rid of them recently.

Does this sound what you are talking about?
EXACTLY

do you remember, were they free or purchased? and you think there were four sets? do you know the names [i've found peaceful garden and french twist] and any other set details?
Old 07-17-2008, 11:39 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I have one, Just For You, "Santa and Friends" dated 2001. It came to me secondhand, so I do not know how the original owner got it. It is stinkin' cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2008, 01:35 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

If these are the correct ones, they were sent to demo's only for free. Nobody could purchase them from SU. Let me see if I have any left. May have one set. Not sure. Be back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

OK I just found one of the sets in my get-rid-of box. It is called "Just For You Series-Watercolor Wishes" from 2001. It has 6 stamps, a rose top of flower, daisy top of flower, two stem stamps, Thank You and With Sympathy.

I may or not be recalling this correctly but another of the stamp sets could have been a set called Mother and Child. It had a scetch image of the heads of a mother and child and 3 stamps of quotes. One of them was from Mother Teresa and another from Lincoln. Don't remember who the third quote was by.

Does this sound right to you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

I am pretty sure that it was for 4 months so that would make four sets. It ran from Sept '01 - Dec. '01. For the love of Pete, I can't remember the other two sets. Someone above posted that they were French Twist and Santa and Friends. The Santa one I rings familiar but can't seem to conjure up French Twist in my head. AHHHHH...old age stinks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #8  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudywView Post
I have one, Just For You, "Santa and Friends" dated 2001. It came to me secondhand, so I do not know how the original owner got it. It is stinkin' cute!
thanks! that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #9  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

If these are the correct ones, they were sent to demo's only for free. Nobody could purchase them from SU. Let me see if I have any left. May have one set. Not sure. Be back.
Quote:

...called "Just For You Series-Watercolor Wishes" from 2001. ...but another of the stamp sets could have been a set called Mother and Child.
Quote:

I am pretty sure that it was for 4 months so that would make four sets. It ran from Sept '01 - Dec. '01.
you are a WEALTH of info! thanks so much!
actually, that's five sets: peaceful garden, french twist, santa and friends, watercolor wishes, mother and child.

can anyone confirm these?
Quote:

Originally Posted by dacpam
AHHHHH...old age stinks!
i KNOW how you feel
Old 07-17-2008, 11:00 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

I could be wrong but I do not think the mother and child set was one of this series. I believe the Mother and Child was part of the "Hostess Appreciation" series that there given to all hostesses of $400 parties as an extra bonus. There was a new set with each mini catalog for a while.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2008, 04:37 AM   #11  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by PagemasterView Post
I could be wrong but I do not think the mother and child set was one of this series. I believe the Mother and Child was part of the "Hostess Appreciation" series that there given to all hostesses of $400 parties as an extra bonus. There was a new set with each mini catalog for a while.
thanks; you're right i found it in an old mini i had.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:41 AM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

I just check my old 2001 Stampin' News and the Just for You series was a performance reward. An exclusive line of stamp sets for demonstrators only. It ran from August 1, 2001 until Dec. 31, 2001. You had to have at least two $300 workshops in a given month to earn that months set. Qualifying demos automatically received the free set by the middle of the follow month it was earned. the first set was Watercolor Wishes (set of 6). #2 was French Twist (set of 6), #3 Peaceful garden (set of 4), #5 Santa & Friends (set of 6) and the last one was Kindness Is... (set of 2). It was my understanding that SU requested these set never be sold or traded by the demons that earned them, because they were meant to be for demonstrators only. Hope this info helped.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2008, 06:49 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

I was one of the lucky demos who earned one of the "Just for you" stamp sets. I earned Kindness is whicch is a very, very beautiful Iris and a small word stamp! I will never part with this set...one because it was made exclusively for demos, and two because it is the most beautiful iris stamp I have ever seen. I have had multiple customers ask me where they can get htis stamp because I have samples in my collection and several pieces of art in my home made with this stamp. I wish I could sell this stamp as a paaart of the SU catalog...I'd sell a lot of them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2008, 08:52 AM   #14  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicnvinView Post
I just check my old 2001 Stampin' News and the Just for You series was a performance reward. An exclusive line of stamp sets for demonstrators only. It ran from August 1, 2001 until Dec. 31, 2001. You had to have at least two $300 workshops in a given month to earn that months set. Qualifying demos automatically received the free set by the middle of the follow month it was earned. the first set was Watercolor Wishes (set of 6). #2 was French Twist (set of 6), #3 Peaceful garden (set of 4), #5 Santa & Friends (set of 6) and the last one was Kindness Is... (set of 2). It was my understanding that SU requested these set never be sold or traded by the demons that earned them, because they were meant to be for demonstrators only. Hope this info helped.
Quote:

Originally Posted by InkeePhingers
I was one of the lucky demos who earned one of the "Just for you" stamp sets. I earned Kindness is which is a very, very beautiful Iris and a small word stamp! I will never part with this set...one because it was made exclusively for demos, and two because it is the most beautiful iris stamp I have ever seen. I have had multiple customers ask me where they can get htis stamp because I have samples in my collection and several pieces of art in my home made with this stamp. I wish I could sell this stamp as a paaart of the SU catalog...I'd sell a lot of them!
THANKS ladies for the additional info! i love an education, and just knew my SCS sisters would have the answers.

Last edited by Cat; 07-18-2008 at 08:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2008, 11:17 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by vicnvinView Post
It was my understanding that SU requested these set never be sold or traded by the demons that earned them, because they were meant to be for demonstrators only. Hope this info helped.
Hmm this is interesting. I bought French Twist on Ebay simply because I knew it wasn't current and thought it was cute. I found out after I bought it that it was part of a special series. Didn't know about this tho!
Reply With Quote Likes