Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-09-2004, 03:58 PM   #1
Inking Addict

Default SU Frequent Buyer Club?

Hi,
Does SU have a standard for the Frequent Buyer Club or is it up to the demo what is offered when you spend so much? My demo offers a $16.99 stamp set after I've spent $300 on product. I feel that is low. Creative Memories always offered 10% after spending $250 (or as an alternate now the MemoryMakers products) and my LSS gives a 10% discount after spending so much. I'm just disappointed because what is being offered is just a little over 5%.
TIA, Sherry
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-09-2004, 04:04 PM   #2
Die Cut Diva

SU does not have a program like this so this solely done by your demo. Actually I think this is very nice since you have to consider that she is giving you a portion of her income. Some demo's only do the amount of business that keeps them in active status ($300 a quarter) and that certainly is not a lot of income for her. That would only be $60 in her pocket a quarter and you need to remember all her business expenses.

It is a great program, to offer a set like this after a certain $ spent, I wish I could do that for my customers.
Old 09-09-2004, 04:04 PM   #3
Crimping Master

So far as I know, SU doesn't offer this - it comes out of your demonstrator's pocket. I'd be surprised to find if many SU demos match your demo's offer. I don't know how much markup the CM folks get, but I don't think that SU demos get a very big markup. Also, they have to cover their time & party supply costs out of their markup, so I think that a free stamp set w/o having a party isn't so bad!

Just my opinion -
Marsha
Old 09-09-2004, 04:09 PM   #4
Crimping Master

I'm pretty sure CM consultants make 30%--so it is higher than SU. The discount your demo is offering you is coming right out of her pocket, and it sounds like a good deal to me. I would be thrilled with a free $17 set. I am a demo and I offer $10 off their next order after $300.
Michelle
Old 09-09-2004, 04:11 PM   #5
Crimping Master

As a demo, this is my job in addition to Dh's job. I have offered a promo similiar to this one around the same prices completely on my own. It was my way to show appreciation to my best customers. SU! doesnt offer this at all, and it came out of my pocket. I hope my customers saw that this was one way of saying thank you to them
Old 09-09-2004, 04:12 PM   #6
Pearl-ExPert

It's up to each demo.

Personally, I don't offer a frequent buyer club. Instead I have different monthly specials...with additional specials I offer to my stamp club and big spenders.

Stampin' Up! does offer specials occasionally, like the September 6 (http://www.stampinup.com/Web2001/sept6promo.asp), but demos generally get little warning of the specials.

The hostess program through Stampin' Up! is awesome...basically you (as the hostess) get at least 10% of your party's sales in free merchandise, pluss free hostess sets. That's more than CM offers.
Heather, proud SCS member #132
Gallery
- Blog

Old 09-09-2004, 04:23 PM   #7
Inking Addict

Thanks everyone for your replies!
Sherry