Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:24 PM   #201
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahmegan View Post
PTI's stuff is fantastic. Plus, it's affordable AND they have free shipping. SU looks like a rip off in comparison. It really does. They've got the market share due to being the old guy on the block. They have awesome designs and other things I'm going to miss, but that's how it goes. In short, you won't miss that paper too much.

I waited less than 10 minutes and she was quite apathetic. I was very friendly and politely told her that I was sad about the changes. She really didn't care, so we amicably hung up. Oh well.
Thanks I'll have to check that out. Boy the other stamp companies should really get some business from all of this! Same with my call. Very polite and didn't really care!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #202
Pearl-ExPert

Buy the cardstock from Papertrey Ink. It's fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaniels View Post
I called to cancel my SU web site today and waited over 30 minutes to speak to a rep. I'm sure that LOTS of people are ending their relationships with SU. NO more free advertising from me. I removed all links on my blog relating to SU and their products. I'm not sure what they are thinking. I will certainly miss my paper once it runs out!

My Blog

Visit My Garden
Old 09-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #203
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evalou View Post
TRAIN WRECK, that is hilarious, believe it or not, there are several posts going and I think everyone is stating their feelings and their opinions in a very kind and adult manner. To be sure, there are disagreements, but certainly not to the magnitude of being a train wreck.

Quite honestly, even the demos who are upset and angry have been nicer about their comments of SU (and those they disagree with) than they have been here in the general forum.
Not sure why you selected to quote me? What's your reference point? All I stated was that Stampin' Discuss is there for a reason, maybe it should be the go to place for SUO demonstrators.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #204
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampaholic17 View Post
Thanks - Running over now to take a peek! LOL!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #205
Rubber Obsessor

WOW! I feel for the demos that need to make a decission, is a though one!! I am a demo for another company and I know this kind of opportunities change our lives, because the company I am with has change my life in a possitive way and I also love to share with other my passion for stamping. I have to say that I also understand that SU can change their policies anytime they want! and you as a demo/customer have the right to decide if you stay or quit, is your decission to make!

But I have to say that this is a really BIG change since social networking is a whole new world and is really cool that we can get more customers this way!! I don't understand if you are a hobby demo why you need to do all this things! as I said I am a demo with other company and they change their policy as well (we don't have to sign anything) but in the new policies we CAN'T link to other competitor websites (other direct selling stamping business) and said we are demo for the company or we can choose to link to other stamping demos and such BUT we can't advertise our business as demo for the company! wich is reasonable because you choose what you want to do! and is not a restriction, you can do it, but you have to decide what way you are going to go!

Is really sad, because I feel for those that have to make decissions and my best advise is that wait a little bit before make any decission, read everything you need to read and decide what is best for you. Don't make any decissions right away and wait to read everything they have to say until the last day to make a decission (I understand is by the end of this month). Look for all the opportunities, the pros and cons and then make a decission, I know is not a good time for anyone, but I am sure you will find what is best for you! My prayers for all the ones that have to make a decission!

Just a short story! When the company I am with announced that they where going to change the minimums (our mins are really way to low) there was demos saying they were going to quit, and I talked to them and said this same thing: think about everything and make your decission after you read and evaluate everything, the company postponed the change until 2010 (for good) and it was soooo cool for everyone that decide to wait! Contact your upline, contact the company and get ALL the information you need/want to know!! is the best thing you can do at this time!

With much love!
Diana
Old 09-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #206
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Valerie11 View Post
Polls don't mean a lot, especially ones that aren't public and can be voted on more than once. I don't have much faith in this poll, just like in most polls that abound.
Well, I doubt that anyone has the time to sit there and just keep voting
Beside, from you viewpoint, the ones who are upset could just as easily be sitting there voting more than once also, so I think it pretty much stand fairly accurate. I remember the same thing being said about polls regarding the two catalogs a year, and obviously, they were pretty accurate also.

But I can say having read all the threads and post on the demo side that it is fairly accurate in accordance with what is being said.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #207
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
I know you are being very serious here, but I honestly cannot read any of your posts without laughing. What IS that on your cat's head?!! Oh... how could you.. the un-dignity of it LOL!!
Isn't that picture hysterical? It is actually not my cat. It looks to me like some kind of a melon that was cut, scooped out and made into a hat for this guy! I showed my bird that picture, and he meowed, and then started laughing. I really do want to get either a persian or a himalayen, so my little guy has a friend again...we lost my Pom a year ago, and he really misses her and so do I.

My Gallery
Old 09-01-2009, 06:36 PM   #208
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Just posting my two cents:
Personally, I am VERY happy that I am no longer a demo. I wouldn't even blink if I had to make the choice, tho. While I can understand the BASIS of their new policies, I think that they are taking it to a level that is a little ridiculous. I feel sorry for the demos that can't link their friends or SCS because they support other companies! I can't believe how they are dumping on the very people that helped promote them all these years. SCS alone is their best advertisement (think of all those people waiting to see peeks of new catty stuff) and now they shun them like this? Ridiculous...if you ask me!
They need their demos more than their demos need them. There is way too much GOOD stuff to choose from!!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #209
Compulsive Stamper

I agree with Diana!! We're both with the same company. Take your time, contact the company, email them with your concerns. Who knows, they may change that decision!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #210
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Valerie11 View Post
Not sure why you selected to quote me? What's your reference point? All I stated was that Stampin' Discuss is there for a reason, maybe it should be the go to place for SUO demonstrators.
Twas totally a mistake, I meant to quote "phantom" sorry about that, it is just that I was laughing so hard at the part about hearing it was a train wreck on the demo side.

So again, I apologize for not paying attention to what I was doing. I was shocked when I read this and had to literally go back and see what I had done.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #211
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Beside, from you viewpoint, the ones who are upset could just as easily be sitting there voting more than once also, so I think it pretty much stand fairly accurate. I remember the same thing being said about polls regarding the two catalogs a year, and obviously, they were pretty accurate also.

But I can say having read all the threads and post on the demo side that it is fairly accurate in accordance with what is being said.
I don't know about that I think some sleep in the demo forums!

And you're right, the poll can go both ways. It's a very small and limited sampling to say the least, and probably can't be extrapolated out to be indicative of what all SU! demonstrators feel.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:38 PM   #212
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

I think it's fair to say that the poll is inaccurate. There's a whole host of demos who aren't on SCS on a daily--or even monthly--basis. SU will likely loose some profit from hobby demos who fall away, but overall, may see an increase in sales from the "serious" business demos who now feel they're well represented. Maybe not. It's a gamble they're willing to take. But to call a little poll in a little thread accurate is silly.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #213
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
It's a mix. There's some that are all for it and some that are against it. There's a poll. 300+ it isn't going to affect them at all. 60+ will quit being demos and a handful will quit being demos AND customers. There were some other specifics, but that's the gist. Check out Joan B's blog for more info. She's got some info posted there.
Makes sense - that there's a little of both over there, too. Thanks to Valerie and the other demos, too, who didn't feel it was none of our business .

I don't put much stock in these kinds of polls, but time will tell.

Joan's blog is where the info came from in the original post of this thread. If anyone is interested, she has edited the start of her blog post to state her personal opinion.

The comments there are interesting too. More vehement maybe but that's probably to be expected.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #214
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I believe someone here said that they will rely on other demos to inform them of infractions.
I can't help but wonder if those people are the reason for this announcement and new IDA in the first place. There was an awful lot of grumbling last year when I was a demo that demos shouldn't be allowed to be on a Design Team and be a demo at the same time. Others called and were told it by DS that it was okay. Others called and reported other demos, or complained about it being ok. I just keep wondering if this all stemmed from that.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #215
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Makes sense - that there's a little of both over there, too. Thanks to Valerie and the other demos, too, who didn't feel it was none of our business .

Joan's blog is where the info came from in the original post of this thread. If anyone is interested, she has edited the start of her blog post to state her personal opinion.

The comments there are interesting too. More vehement maybe but that's probably to be expected.
I think it's non demo business! If you're a customer or have any stock in what goes on within their company, you should be privy to some information. Heck, it's no secret, why hide the details?
Old 09-01-2009, 06:43 PM   #216
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
Guess SU people won't be going to the newly established retail CHA and telling us about it either...
No, but you better believe they will be shopping on the wholesale side, right along with your LSS owner and the Michaels buyers.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #217
Compulsive Stamper

Personally I think it's a great honor to be asked to be on a design team. Maybe those who were complaining, those "cops" were jealous. If so, that's a lot of insecurity and greed.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #218
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Twas totally a mistake, I meant to quote "phantom" sorry about that, it is just that I was laughing so hard at the part about hearing it was a train wreck on the demo side.

So again, I apologize for not paying attention to what I was doing. I was shocked when I read this and had to literally go back and see what I had done.
And I read "train wreck" earlier -- somewhere... maybe another thread, I can check.

But.. I don't think "train wreck" is such a bad description. Why was that (sarcastically) funny? I think it's a pretty common expression - for somewhat chaotic.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #219
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to lezzels

just wanted to add this ....................
About Splitcoast
TEAM DIRTY DOZEN FAN CLUB CONTACT US
Welcome!

Splitcoaststampers is a web-based community for paper crafters. Rubber stamping and card making is our first love but you’ll find scrapbookers here too.

Online since 2003, our mission in life is to be the only place you’ll ever need for stamping-related resources and inspiration.

How did Splitcoaststampers start?
Splitcoast the site was started in late 2002 by Daven (that’s me) and Tracy Nolta. Tracy was looking for a better way to support her group of Stampin’ Up! sales consultants. She had chosen ‘Split Coast Stampers’ as her SU! group name, representing her family of demonstrators around the country, so we named our site Splitcoaststampers.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #220
Pearl-ExPert

Regarding the true accuracy of the poll on the demo side, SU should consider they aren't just potentially losing 21.5% of their "workforce", it's part of their most loyal customer base. Much as the remaining demos would like to think they will pick up that business, the simple fact is demos who resign (like me) will choose to spend our stamping dollars elsewhere and in many cases will choose to promote those companies without compensation.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #221
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Does Joan know you threw her under the bus?
Old 09-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #222
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampaholic17 View Post
Agreed! I just ordered a pack of each color today.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #223
Compulsive Stamper

Default Business Decision 101 - NOT

First of all, I am not a SU demo. I started with SU and after a couple years, I found a whole big world out there!!!! WE buy what we like and it's up to SU to figure out what sells. Restricting and penalizing their demos is not the way. This whole thing is one of the dumbest business moves I have ever seen. All business is defined by COMPETITION. When the business encounters competition, they use it to do better, try harder, find more/better ways to please their customers and all the while supporting their employees (demos). Sounds like SU can't stand the heat! I began to see SU floundering in the sea of competion a couple of years ago - the two cattys a year, this year's mess of a "catty", rehash of old stamp sets, higher prices, higher cost of S/H, and nothing new for customers on their website. This last fiasco will serve SU very poorly.
When I first started papercrafting, I was thrilled to find SCS and the BLOGS!!!!! Hooray!!! So many super crafters sharing and inspiring (NOT SU)!
If SU is going the try to be so restrictive (which I seriously doubt is legal) in the personal blog area, where's their gallery with the calliber of the stuff on SCS, where's their new and fun roll-outs of the latest and greatest, on and on.....oh and where's their SUDSOL! Yes, we all know where the bestest demos share their best ideas!! IT's about crafting!!!! NOT SU! I have been rethinking my SU purchases lately and, well you get it.......
Old 09-01-2009, 06:53 PM   #224
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Nickel View Post
From what my friend told me (who's in Founder's Circle) she was told that SUP does not have a staff that police's demo's blogs. She was told that they don't need to have that because enough demonstrators "rat" each other out and tell demonstrator support when someone else is in violation.

Was that clear as mud?
This just makes me sick!! I started as a hobby demo and wasn't planning on developing my business until others started buying from me THROUGH my personal blog. They said they either found me through SCS or other companies. It just kills me to know that SU! is now closing the door to this method of discovery. Oh well is my response. I can purchase my products else where! Sorry if that sounds harsh but I don't agree with this new policy at all!
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:92
Old 09-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #225
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverIsis View Post
Does Joan know you threw her under the bus?
LOL!!! I love Joan and yes since she replied in this thread, I'm guessin' she knows all about it!! God bless her -- her blog is the greatest and she's a dear person.

It didn't take me long as a member of SCS to always pay attention when I saw posts by Joan B.

Joan, I hope you don't mind that I linked your blog here . Next time, I'll ask first . You are a class act, my friend.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:54 PM   #226
Mad Swapper

Quote:
If you are a demo then you need to go to the SU website and read for yourself what it says and watch Shelli"s video.

Before you jump off the cliff with the rest of the panic stricken, take a look at this...... A poll taken on the demo side

Has no effect on me and I'll stay a demo 340 65.76%
I'll change my online activities and stay a demo. 60 11.61%
I'll drop DT work, change my online activities, and stay a demo 6 1.16%
I will no longer stay a demo 80 15.47%
I will no longer stay a demo or a customer 31 6.00%

I think the percentages pretty much show what the majority of demos feel about this new ruling.
EVALOU: WHERE WAS THIS POLL PLACED?

I am NOT saying it was, but IFFFFFF it was on a yahoo group like LNS (where they are a bit more SUP-ONLY supportbased) then it might be a bit biased. Please share where and how this poll was taken and then it may be a taken a bit more seriously! I am sure I am not alone in wondering where you got this and it's source... thanks!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #227
Pearl-ExPert

There is hope - look at how SU changed their mind about the two catalogs a year. Didn't work, so they went back to something that did work.

11Valerie11 - hope you continue to post your designs with SU product, love those and still enjoy what you do with other products, too! Uh... just a fan, not a gallery stalker, lol.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #228
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:

I am NOT saying it was, but IFFFFFF it was on a yahoo group like LNS (where they are a bit more SUP-ONLY supportbased) then it might be a bit biased. Please share where and how this poll was taken and then it may be a taken a bit more seriously! I am sure I am not alone in wondering where you got this and it's source... thanks!
It's up in the Demo forums here.....still not taken seriously given the limited sampling.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:56 PM   #229
Pearl-ExPert

After explaining this issue to DH...he had a good analogy...

He works for DirecTV and they give a commission to many actual brick/mortar stores who sell their service. Best Buy is one of them....and many little cell phone/cable shops in small towns sell it too. Well they also sell Dish Network and even contract with local cable companies. DirecTV would be insane to tell all these sales locations that they will not allow them to sell DirecTV unless they stop selling any of the competition. They would lose half of their sales locations!!

What they do is make their deals better than the competition or provide services that the competition does not have.

This is what SU needs to do...don't eliminate their sales reps by making the rules too tight...make their prices better, and keep it up with the exclusive products.

Anyway...I just had to say this before bed...LOL
Old 09-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #230
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
LOL!!! I love Joan and yes since she replied in this thread, I'm guessin' she knows all about it!! God bless her -- her blog is the greatest and she's a dear person.

It didn't take me long as a member of SCS to always pay attention when I saw posts by Joan B.

Joan, I hope you don't mind that I linked your blog here . Next time, I'll ask first . You are a class act, my friend.
Ditto!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #231
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
I think it's fair to say that the poll is inaccurate. There's a whole host of demos who aren't on SCS on a daily--or even monthly--basis. SU will likely loose some profit from hobby demos who fall away, but overall, may see an increase in sales from the "serious" business demos who now feel they're well represented. Maybe not. It's a gamble they're willing to take. But to call a little poll in a little thread accurate is silly.
I'm definitely in agreement! If there are so many supportive demos, why aren't they speaking up? Something seems fishy.
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:92
Old 09-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #232
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Ditto!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #233
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

It's a poll on the demo side
Old 09-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #234
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbapp View Post

He works for DirecTV and they give a commission to many actual brick/mortar stores who sell their service. Best Buy is one of them....and many little cell phone/cable shops in small towns sell it too. Well they also sell Dish Network and even contract with local cable companies. DirecTV would be insane to tell all these sales locations that they will not allow them to sell DirecTV unless they stop selling any of the competition. They would lose half of their sales locations!!

What they do is make their deals better than the competition or provide services that the competition does not have.

This is what SU needs to do...don't eliminate their sales reps by making the rules too tight...make their prices better, and keep it up with the exclusive products.

Great analogy, Verizon and many cell phone carriers do the same. I read today that Wal-Mart online now has other store offerings available, too....

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stori...&zIndex=158120

Old 09-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #235
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Absolutely!
Old 09-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #236
Die Cut Diva

One other thought came to mind. Why did they wait until after convention to announce this, instead of bringing it up then, when they had a captive audience (so to speak).
This IDA has obviously been in the works for awhile.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:03 PM   #237
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagleg View Post
One other thought came to mind. Why did they wait until after convention to announce this, instead of bringing it up then, when they had a captive audience (so to speak).
And right after a really cheap demo sign-up promo? I'd be upset if I had just signed up.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #238
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

As I stated in my post, from the Demo side right here on SCS. I guess when I said the "demo side", I was assuming that everyone would realize that I meant here on SCS, sorry for the confusion.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:04 PM   #239
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Exactly!

Someone needs to mention to SU that just because they can change the rules the way they are, doesn't mean they should change the rules.

It's also a valid poit that hobby demos are customers primarily. They may buy at a discount, but they do buy.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
― Spider Robinson
Old 09-01-2009, 07:06 PM   #240
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagleg View Post

HMMMMMMMMMMMM, (sarcastically speaking....) I wonder, too.....