Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #1761
Full of Malarky

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineWomen&Stamps View Post
I really like what you said and how you said it. Very nice post!

Thanks for your kind words , WineWomen&Stamps. I appreciate your supportive words!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-08-2009, 03:31 AM   #1762
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMarsh5 View Post

PMarsh5: I don't believe this to be true Jan... it's usually for 'bragging rights'.... but I would love to hear from others who have coordinated DT's.
I could be wrong...though I am almost certain there are some that do pay their coordinators. SCS does.

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 09-08-2009, 05:54 AM   #1763
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanTInk View Post
I could be wrong...though I am almost certain there are some that do pay their coordinators. SCS does.
Some do, some don't. Some get other perks. It varies just like DTs.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:01 AM   #1764
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels View Post
I think it sad that I can't hint off good demo I call no less 20 deoms. And two three help out over. The pass years, but not on reg base. I jan is trying help me fine one now! I have something I am looking for in Deoms Have two come to home never really off! and I spent hours phone call deoms in my area no such luck hotwheels
I am! I haven't heard back from the one I contacted yet...hope to this week, since many people were on vacation last week.

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 09-08-2009, 06:20 AM   #1765
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampkinz View Post
Can you believe it? They manufacture rubber stamps for heaven's sake. I'm sad about the the I'll-teach-them-a-lesson mentality from people who aren't even demonstrators. Geez.

ps. JanJanJan....love the new avatar!! But you still live in my shadow
oh, my gosh, you all are hilarious! I laughed till I almost cried when I saw these avatars yesterday, because I had almost posted something similar the day before when several people had posted like comments and then the Janfest began (which I totally agree with, Jan is awsome! No dis to you Stampkins)

Janine, Janine, Janine! Why is it always Janine?

Belinda
Old 09-08-2009, 06:29 AM   #1766
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Wow! What an awesome post! I agree with what you said. Any customers lost by a non-leaving demo due to the bad vibes would maybe be made up in customers of the leaving demos finding new demos.

It's really late. Did that make sense? If not, just read what MsAudreyAnn wrote. She said it perfectly!

Thank You WineWomen&Stamps.

Its nice to see some positive feedback. That's what we need to see more of on this thread, whether or not we totally agree with a post or member. Its still their feelings on a subject, and we should be respecting their view, just like we would like them to respect our view.

Again....Thank You!!

My Photography Blog
Old 09-08-2009, 06:56 AM   #1767
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
thank Audery....

There demo come to the house but the problems I have something I wanted from deom and not found the one that can or will do those things I am strifing for. and With new rules. I think it just made search hard! and I will not quiet I came to far now! lol hotwheels

I wanted come to push me....
haung with until get
teaching me
have Instd message talk me explining things
let know going stampinup
Order from time to time
make my cardkits....
Challenge me Don't say that hard me and give up me!
I wanted these reqiredment in my deoms
I wanted deoms that going with me reg. I don't wanted oreder from this preson and preson I wanted count one with exprenece!
Gosh Linda.....you don't want toooo much from a demo, do you?? <>>

I see Tink responded to your post and is working on it. Good Luck, I'm sure there is a demo out there willing to work with you!!

Have a GREAT day!!

My Photography Blog
Old 09-08-2009, 09:37 AM   #1768
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beedubya View Post
I'd call DS if i were you. Sometimes it's just a publishing error. It happens in the french catty all the time!
I will ask my demo about it! I got a really nice PM suggesting that I ask my demo about it. (I myself am not a demo - would DS still talk to me???)
Old 09-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #1769
Glitter Queen

You're very welcome Deborah and Audrey. Sometimes I just feel like raising my glass to those who say something so much better than I could.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:59 AM   #1770
Compulsive Stamper

well this is my take....i am not a su demo. i will continue to link all of my fav. blogs and websites on my blog. there you can find an array of different products being featured and different people being featured. the information can still get out...because su does not have any control or sway over me. although, maybe i should change my su wednesdays so that they don't have exclusivity on my blog for even one day.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #1771
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
thank Audery....

There demo come to the house but the problems I have something I wanted from deom and not found the one that can or will do those things I am strifing for. and With new rules. I think it just made search hard! and I will not quiet I came to far now! lol hotwheels

I wanted come to push me....
haung with until get
teaching me
have Instd message talk me explining things
let know going stampinup
Order from time to time
make my cardkits....
Challenge me Don't say that hard me and give up me!
I wanted these reqiredment in my deoms
I wanted deoms that going with me reg. I don't wanted oreder from this preson and preson I wanted count one with exprenece!
Can some posted on deoms site for me please!?
Old 09-08-2009, 12:52 PM   #1772
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMarsh5 View Post
Jan Tink said "The other place to make money in design is to be a design team coordinator...this is usually a salaried postion, I believe.
PMarsh5: I don't believe this to be true Jan... it's usually for 'bragging rights'.... but I would love to hear from others who have coordinated DT's.[/QUOTE]

oh that would be nice
usually in more product than the rest of the dt's
Old 09-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #1773
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evalou View Post
Then there are the ones who are not signing waiting for and hoping for a clarification on certain points. I really respect the ones who are taking this course of action because it is so obvious from the majority of their posts that they really do want a better understanding of what SU does want from us. But even these demos are not tearing down SU and stirring the pot.

Then there are the ones who really just cannot stand to be given an ultimatum, or told what to do. I don't believe some of those are standing on principal at all but standing on stubborn pride..
Well, This potion of your statement kinda applies to me. I am one of those people who HATE being told what to do. I think I'm turning into my mom...
But, I am waiting to see what changes may or may not be made by the end of the month before I make a final decision. As more or less a hobby demo, I don't want to violate the terms of the contract as they are written now without further clarification.

I think SU has wonderful products, and even if I don't sign, I will continue to purchase them from my upline. I will say, that becuase of this thread, I have been looking at all the other wonderful companies out there. I think they will compliment my current and future SU purchases just nicely!
Old 09-08-2009, 01:09 PM   #1774
Gallery Gazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifflynn76 View Post
Well, This potion of your statement kinda applies to me. I am one of those people who HATE being told what to do. I think I'm turning into my mom...
But, I am waiting to see what changes may or may not be made by the end of the month before I make a final decision. As more or less a hobby demo, I don't want to violate the terms of the contract as they are written now without further clarification.

I think SU has wonderful products, and even if I don't sign, I will continue to purchase them from my upline. I will say, that becuase of this thread, I have been looking at all the other wonderful companies out there. I think they will compliment my current and future SU purchases just nicely!
You said "kinda" applies to you and that is the key word. I have read other post of yours and they were very nicely worded and it did not sound like you were out to "show SU" or to get even with them and they certainly did not sound like you were trying to get others to be angry with SU either.

It sounds like you are waiting to see how it much SU is willing to work with us demos, then you will do whatever you have to do. That is a very commendable attitude. I wish many others had that same attitude.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #1775
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifflynn76 View Post

Yep....same here. I'll take a look at what the IDA says at the end of the month, and IF I can abide by the written contract at that time, I'll sign. IF I know in my heart, its a contract I can't abide by, then I will just have to walk away. Time will tell.

My Photography Blog
Old 09-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #1776
Kookie Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapom View Post
Isn't that picture hysterical? It is actually not my cat. It looks to me like some kind of a melon that was cut, scooped out and made into a hat for this guy! I showed my bird that picture, and he meowed, and then started laughing. I really do want to get either a persian or a himalayen, so my little guy has a friend again...we lost my Pom a year ago, and he really misses her and so do I.

I also like the melon on the cats head. Whomever did it, sure didn't have my cat. She would never be still for that! LOL
Old 09-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #1777
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannypat View Post
I also like the melon on the cats head. Whomever did it, sure didn't have my cat. She would never be still for that! LOL
Nor did they have any of the ones I had. They would not have sit still either. However, I really really love grumpy faced kitties, and this may be the reason he looks like this! LOL!

My Gallery
Old 09-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #1778
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanTInk View Post
I don't feel that demos and customers are "in the wrong". I do not agree with all parts of the IDA and have written to SU! to voice my concerns. I do not disagree enough not to sign, however. I think the policy was written broadly to cover extraordinary situations where people would try to find loopholes to keep doing what they were supposed to stop doing. I really do not think that SU! is going to read my private email, my blog or the posts I make in web forums, unless I am blatantly and openly defying the IDA.

I feel that some demos and customers are lashing out at the company...but not all of them are. I'm talking about the very few that are trying to injure the company. And they are out there.
Here's the problem: you "think" or you "feel" about the new IDA- but what you are thinking and feeling is NOT what it says. And when you sign it you are signing a contract based on what it says, not what you think or feel it means.

You may not think that SU will read your private email, but just by signing you give them permission to do so AND agree that they can penalize you if they don't like what you write. Whether you actually would write anything they'd disapprove of is not the issue- the fact that you agree that they can act against you based on private email is.

A contract means exactly what it says and regardless of how you "think" SU will enforce it, by signing you give them the right to do anything included in it.

And, obviously, a lot of people find what's in the contract intolerable.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #1779
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchk View Post
Here's the problem: you "think" or you "feel" about the new IDA- but what you are thinking and feeling is NOT what it says. And when you sign it you are signing a contract based on what it says, not what you think or feel it means.

You may not think that SU will read your private email, but just by signing you give them permission to do so AND agree that they can penalize you if they don't like what you write. Whether you actually would write anything they'd disapprove of is not the issue- the fact that you agree that they can act against you based on private email is.

A contract means exactly what it says and regardless of how you "think" SU will enforce it, by signing you give them the right to do anything included in it.

Yes, but I have to take this in context.

And the context I take it in is this: Stampin' Up! is a great company that has treated me with nothing but honor, kindness, and respect for the past 6 years I have been a demonstrator. They have NEVER asked me to do anything immoral, illegal, or dishonest in my demonstratorship. All the people I have met that work at SU! are decent, honest people. I have met Shelli, she is kind, compassionate, considerate and generous.

So why should I be afraid of these people and what they might do to me as a result of signing this document? If they did, by some far-fetched chance, read my email and dislike what they saw there, chances are that all I would get would be a reprimand. And if I felt that my privacy was invaded at any time I could simply resign THEN.

Of course, if I didn't like the company and what it stood for, if I was paranoid about them snooping into my private business...you know what? I wouldn't have stayed a demonstrator for 6 years and would have gotten out long ago. Even now, if I were to feel that the company had strayed far from the mission statement, I could leave at any time. The contract that we sign can be broken at any time by either side.

So I signed it, knowing that I had nothing to fear. I'm not in bondage to them, they have never sued a former demonstrator for damages, the only thing to happen to demonstrators is that they are dropped. I'm not worried. As long as I'm honest and so are they, I do not worry.

Now if we're talking 'bout the federal government? You bet I wouldn't sign it, LOL!

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 09-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #1780
Hardware Hotshot

I find it soooo humorous that people seriously think SU! wants to be "Big Brother".
Old 09-08-2009, 04:18 PM   #1781
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchk View Post

You know, I was curious about whether when I signed the IDA that I gave SU! permission to read my email.

Nowhere in the IDA does Stampin' Up! require me to allow them to read my email. This is the clause:

Quote:
(d)
Electronic Communications: I understand that the content of my electronic communications such as e-mail, personal blog, web site, Twitter, Facebook, other social media and the like can have a considerable influence on how I am perceived as a Demonstrator for Stampin’ Up! and also reflect significantly on the Company. Accordingly, I will refrain from using such electronic communications to promote, market, or sell the products of other companies (direct or retail sellers) who offer similar products, which includes: decorative stamps (in any form), stamp art accessories, scrapbooking products, digital art solutions, and vinyl wall art.
How does signing the agreement sign away all my rights to privacy? It doesn't. All it says is that I agree to not use electronic communications to promote, market, or sell the products of other companies who offer similar products. It doesn't have a clause that says, "I give Stampin' Up! full rights to my email accounts, Facebook, Twitter, and other electronic media so that they can ensure compliance with this agreement."

How then would Stampin' Up! know if I was complying? Probably they would have a piece of email forwarded to them by someone who wanted to report what they felt was a breaking of the IDA on my part.

The fact is that no email is a private email except the email you have never sent. Even Facebook is not entirely private. You post something to someone else's page as a reply to something that they posted and all THEIR friends can read it, did you know that? Once it's "out there" you have no control as to where it is going to end up. Yes, you can send an email to your Aunt Sally, but it's privacy totally depends on Aunt Sally once you send it out. If you sent it to Aunt Sally's email at work, the IT guys can read it. If Aunt Sally forwards it to Aunt Martha and 10 of her good friends, who forward it their friends, you have totally lost control. And why? Because you sent it in the first place.

So, let's say I decide to break the IDA and blatantly promote another companies products, not even the incidental mention that the IDA says is fine. I decide that a friend, that sells another company's stamps, can use my customer and downline list to promote her business (which was against the agreement we signed before this one too) and not only that, I am going to write the email myself because she told me she would give me some free product, or she threatened to tell my mother that I threw away the decorative lamp my mother gave me for Christmas that was so butt-ugly that I couldn't stand the sight of it. For whatever reason, I have decided to do this.

So I send out the email and by some coincidence, it is forwarded to another person who happens to be a SU! demo and who recognizes that I have seriously breached the IDA. This is not right, says that person, and so she forwards it to DS. THAT is how anyone who breaks this agreement is likely to be caught doing it. Not because SU! hacks their account and reads their email.

I have been to company headquarters...trust me. The company is not big enough to be "Big Brother". They don't have the personnel...they have a hard time keeping up with compliance issues as it is, without having to monitor every blog, every email account, and every Facebook page or Twitter account for 40,000 demonstrators.

Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Old 09-09-2009, 03:03 AM   #1782
Insane Embellisher

My head hurts from reading this!

I don't agree with all the new terms, but it is a buisness after all-and yours. I think the point is to maximise your potential in sales, not just theirs. However I think what you post on your personal blog, and links to your friends blog (who would have a link to yours),should be up to you.

I enjoy mixing my SU! products with my other products and getting more mileage out of them. As a customer I enjoy not being limited. If I can save $ on a product I use alot of that's great, I shop around anyway. It doesn't mean that my order value is going to decrease, it means I have more $ to splurge on other things in the catalogue. There are many great companies and sometimes I will like some of their products or designs better.
We all have choices. And if we don't agree, we can go somewhere else.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:15 AM   #1783
Pearl-ExPert

Fat . . . dumb . . . and not so happy???

The only thing that would drive or motivate the extreme restrictions such as SU! is insisting upon is that they're feeling the economical pinch and lost market share to competitors. Someone mentioned earlier that no one likes a monopoly and I'm sure that will prove itself out sooner, rather than later.

SU! is a business, and like any business, their primary objective is to make money and to protect their business interests. The manner in which they choose to achieve these goals is the issue. I am not a demo, have never been a demo, however, in my view, demo's are not paid employees, and therefore the restrictions are far too severe. I don't buy for a minute that they have any sincere desire to preserve the "demos" future incomes, for it is the demo's incomes that support the overall business and it is therefore a smoke and mirrors rhetoric that they're trying to sell their demos. You are the people who keep SU! going. It's not SU!

The early indicator of a suffering business was the unfair price hikes pushed upon the Canadian consumers. Whether that has had a significant and negative impact on overall sales, I have no idea, but I'd bet money that there have been a whole lot of people who have stopped buying SU or at least greatly reduced their monthly spending and they're telling whoever will listen about their angst and frustration.

Knee jerk actions are never a healthy way to do business and perhaps it's time to re-evaluate the business model because the current one isn't working.

Is SU! going to go out of business? Nope, but they're going to have to fight a whole lot harder to stay in business. They've failed to appreciate the value of "word of mouth". It launched SU! very nicely, and it's launched many other rising companies as well.

My view is . . . . I don't give a rat's ***** how good their product is. If I don't feel I'm a valued customer, not only with SU! but with any company, then I'm going to take my money down the street, and I'm going to bring as many people with me as I possibly can.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:58 AM   #1784
Stampin' Fool

I too have a headache reading most of this, wenchie has a good point, as a fellow Canadian, I have re-evaluated my spending with SU and as of yet, I don't have any of the new in-colour anything, and that's not me. I have boughten only their promotions during the summer and my bgf is a new demo and I feel bad cuz I know what I spend before. Dh has lost his job and income/lifestyle is changed and I will/and have boughten other products [cheaper I might add] then SU has in their catalogue [and I have spent my money and look for the best deals, money I would have spent with SU] but I love the paper/inks/ds papers and some of the stamp sets. I only hope that this will not hurt their business. I love seeing what stampers can do with SU's set with the mixing and matching of other products and have boughten that set on that fact only. I guess only time will tell, as with all things.

Debra
Old 09-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #1785
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyNacho View Post
Maybe someone with experience knows the answer but I thought they DID offer mounted or unmounted in the past and decided to focus on mounted because that was what their customers wanted?

Not to say market trends haven't shifted, of course, but I seem to recall an older catalog having choices between both?
Yes, when I joined SU, nine years ago, you were offered a choice...mounted, or unmounted.....the unmounted left outside lines on your image if you were not very careful when stamping, I didn't like the un-mounted stamps at all....they were less expensive, but, the extra money was worth it to get the mounted....and, I'm thinking the un-mounted were not selling, that's why they were dropped....so, now everyone likes the un-mounted....go figure!
Old 09-09-2009, 08:58 PM   #1786
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janey View Post
Yes, when I joined SU, nine years ago, you were offered a choice...mounted, or unmounted.....the unmounted left outside lines on your image if you were not very careful when stamping, I didn't like the un-mounted stamps at all....they were less expensive, but, the extra money was worth it to get the mounted....and, I'm thinking the un-mounted were not selling, that's why they were dropped....so, now everyone likes the un-mounted....go figure!
Those stamps weren't "unmounted" but foam mounted. There is a difference. Technically, all of SU's stamps are now "unmounted" the issue is that people don't want to pay for the wood mounts that come with them, we'd just like the die.

Inkspots101 my crafting blog.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #1787
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janey View Post
Small hijack:

I modified all of those stamps by trimming the rubber and thick foam until only the image was left. It was harder to cut through the thick foam (harder to cut than true unmounted rubber), but sooooooo worth it to trim it.

Do you know what I mean?? I seriously just typed and re-typed this four times. I am soooooo sleepy. I need to go to bed.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:28 AM   #1788
Inking Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Stamps View Post
Those stamps weren't "unmounted" but foam mounted. There is a difference. Technically, all of SU's stamps are now "unmounted" the issue is that people don't want to pay for the wood mounts that come with them, we'd just like the die.
Yep, you are right....after I wrote that, I started thinking about it, and realized that is was something different....I've never tried the unmounted stamps on acrylic....sorry.....
Old 09-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #1789
Glitter Guru

The point isn't so much whether SU can or can't read your personal emails & blogs posts, or even whether that's what the IDA is saying (it's not).

The point, for me, is that SU is telling me what I should and should not say in personal emails and blog posts.

I don't care that the chances are a million to one that they'll ever catch me sending Mom that link to amazon.com (seller of books AND craft items). If I sign the current IDA, I shouldn't send it because I gave my word that I wouldn't, not because I doubt I'll get caught.

I know me. I know I want to contine to use my personal email, blog, etc. to go about my everyday non-SU life. While I would never say anything that I feel would harm SU or another demo, I realize that SU and I currently disagree on what constitutes "harm."

So, I'm one of the Waiting With Hope crowd. I've really enjoyed my short (but expensive LOL) time as a demo and I'd love to stay on.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #1790
Insane Embellisher

I totally agree with TheOtherMeg. Although I don't have a blog, I don't even email people links....but I don't feel it's SU's right to limit what a person does when they aren't be compensated by SU. Can you imagine taking a job at Macy's and them telling you you can't be seen in any other store? That you can't talk about product in any location other than Macy's?

I really think that what SU is trying to do is not within their legal rights....but if we sign it....we give up our freedoms.

Even though my daily conduct fits within their policy, I REFUSE to sign it because of the PRINCIPLE.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:42 PM   #1791
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherMeg View Post
The point isn't so much whether SU can or can't read your personal emails & blogs posts, or even whether that's what the IDA is saying (it's not).

The point, for me, is that SU is telling me what I should and should not say in personal emails and blog posts.

I don't care that the chances are a million to one that they'll ever catch me sending Mom that link to amazon.com (seller of books AND craft items). If I sign the current IDA, I shouldn't send it because I gave my word that I wouldn't, not because I doubt I'll get caught.

I know me. I know I want to contine to use my personal email, blog, etc. to go about my everyday non-SU life. While I would never say anything that I feel would harm SU or another demo, I realize that SU and I currently disagree on what constitutes "harm."

So, I'm one of the Waiting With Hope crowd. I've really enjoyed my short (but expensive LOL) time as a demo and I'd love to stay on.
Brava!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 02:43 PM   #1792
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by klhbenson View Post
I totally agree with TheOtherMeg. Although I don't have a blog, I don't even email people links....but I don't feel it's SU's right to limit what a person does when they aren't be compensated by SU. Can you imagine taking a job at Macy's and them telling you you can't be seen in any other store? That you can't talk about product in any location other than Macy's?

I really think that what SU is trying to do is not within their legal rights....but if we sign it....we give up our freedoms.

Even though my daily conduct fits within their policy, I REFUSE to sign it because of the PRINCIPLE.
BRAVA!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #1793
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by klhbenson View Post
...I really think that what SU is trying to do is not within their legal rights....but if we sign it....we give up our freedoms...
I know in Canada a contract or clause in a contract that is in itself not legally enforcable is not binding regardless of whether both parties agree to it and sign the contract. If it is found out that SU can't legally dictate what you say in your personal email and/or blogs, etc. then they cannot hold you to that portion of the contract.

But, this may be a mute point. I'm sure there are people on this forum that have had the IDA checked over by their layers. We would have heard something about it by now.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:20 AM   #1794
Polyshrink Goddess

As neither a demo nor what most would consider a 'good' customer, my only interest is the precedent that is set. Personally I would never agree to the requirements dictated by the IDA, but that is for each of you to decide. I applaud those who stand by their morals (the ones that won't sign because they know the can't/won't meet the IDA AND the ones who feel that this is doable) but am a little shocked at the amount of people who figure they'll sign then go on and do whatever they want. I don't believe that SU! will be some sort of cyberstalker, checking into your virtual garbage every minute, but I wouldn't sign an agreement - any agreement - that I intended to break almost immediately!
I respect those that read it, accepted it and will abide by the agreement set forth (like the Tink, YILY!). I also respect those that read it and refuse to sign it as it stands for personal reasons. The ones that signed it and blew it off?
Well, let's just say that, today, there are fewer people I'd be willing to leave my purse with while I went in the bathroom stall.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:46 AM   #1795
Stazon Splitcoast

I think it is a dangerous precedent. Also what if SU is taken over/sold? Obviously this is pure speculation but in this economy I believe it is relevant. A lot of the demo's have allegiences to the current owner but there is always the possibility of a business being sold or taken over. New owners may not interpret the legal agreement the same as the current owners.

Again I would say there is no reason to think this will happen - but business is business and anything could happen. I know two years ago I wouldn't have believed that banks that have failed in the last year would have.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:42 AM   #1796
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Wow! What an awesome post! I agree with what you said. Any customers lost by a non-leaving demo due to the bad vibes would maybe be made up in customers of the leaving demos finding new demos.
That might increase business for individual business demos who stay, but for the company there is still a loss. If a customer leaves due to bad vibes, it's a customer gone.

So while quitting demo A might have 25 customers that now need a new demo, 5 may be annoyed at the policy and stop buying SU in solidarity for their old demo friend, 3 might not think it's worth the trouble to find a new demo, so while they aren't upset with the company, they aren't customers anymore- there is no way for staying demos to track down who the customers of the leaving demos are and pick them up. Business demo two streets down who stayed on might get 17 new customers, but SU has lost 8.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:52 AM   #1797
Watercolor Wizard

I'm not a demo but I've been checking these posts and I don't totally understand what SU is wanting their demo's to agree to but I think all they want is for their "employees" to only represent them. I do feel it's a conflict of interest for a SU demo to be on a design team for another company or also sell for a competing company (such as TAC which I KNOW a demo did at one point in time) or work for a LSS who sells items for other companies (which I also know a demo did). I buy SU and adore my demo but she'd be stupid to think that I don't buy from other stores. There are things SU sells that I can get much quicker from the local LSS but I do love SU's coordinating colors so my cardstock and ink and other coloring mediums are SU and will stay SU.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:19 PM   #1798
Gallery Gazer

This may have already been mentioned and I just missed it here in the 37 pages of posts. If so I am sorry for the repeat. But I just found out about the contraversy with Shelli being owner or part owner since 2006 of another company that manufactors the Cat's Eye pigment ink, ClearSnap, and in fact Stampin Up is its biggest customer. Go figure! It surely is raising eyebrows to say the least.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:38 PM   #1799
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiding in My Craft Room View Post
This may have already been mentioned and I just missed it here in the 37 pages of posts. If so I am sorry for the repeat. But I just found out about the contraversy with Shelli being owner or part owner since 2006 of another company that manufactors the Cat's Eye pigment ink, ClearSnap, and in fact Stampin Up is its biggest customer. Go figure! It surely is raising eyebrows to say the least.
Yeah, it's actually her husband who owns Clearsnap.
I remember it was briefly mentioned - on page 37 you say?? You are only on page 37? 9 more pages to go! *grin*