Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SU! or Bazzill CS?

I've been using mostly Bazzill CS. Is there a reason I should be buying SU! CS also? Should I continue with Bazzill, or a mixture of both? What do you think? Thanks for your advice.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2005, 07:37 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I am a self admitted card stock snob and paper freak. And I love both the SU and Bazzill. I have a good amount of both on hand.

What I love about SU: It's heavier, it matches the SU inks and markers, the smooth texture takes some stamps better and I can get packs of my favorite colors anytime by ordering them. Also takes versamark better.

What I love about the Bazzill: the texture dresses up a plain card, I can buy it in single sheets or packs, one side is smooth and the other textured for two looks on the same card. I think it really looks nice on plainer cards.

I really think it depends on the card, I probably use SU 80% of the time but do love to have the Bazzill on hand. I really love them both. I hope SU starts to carry it in the future.

I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/dstfrommi
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2005, 08:10 PM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

Definitely a mixture of both cardstocks�. ;)

I agree with what Debbie said, the texture of the Bazzill cardstock dresses up a plain card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 12:09 AM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

I've never used Bazzill but like the monochromatic look I've seen. I have used CTMH card stock and SU cardstock and I prefer the SU cardstock out of those two. The CTMH cardstock is just not as sturdy, but I could be weird.

Art is intended to provoke an emotion from a total stranger. If you�ve succeeded in this, consider yourself an artist. Paper Shanks Blog. Love me or hate me, you are still talking about me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 02:46 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I also have both. However, I only use the bazzil for small accents. The texture makes a great layer, and I love it!!! However, I'm not wild about stamping directly on it. I wish SU made textured paper!!

The rest of my paper is totally SU. Of course I'm biased because I'm a demo, but I love the fact that they match the inks and the markers and the watercolor crayons and the ribbons and the eyelets, etc. Also, I've tried other companies and some are fine, but none compares to the quality of SU. If I'm going to invest the time and money in handmade items, I want to be proud of them. also, I'm creatively challenged and just "need" the matching thing....LOL

the SU shimmer paper is 100% the best paper for any card that you want a subtle sparkle. It watercolors nicely and everything blends on it beautifully. They even make envelopes to match. they are awesome for wedding and holiday cards. Just my 2 cents!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 02:59 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

I love both. I am a scrapper and decided to become a demo b/c of the alphabet sets, and the paper. Now that I am a demo I use SU more so that I can share finished layouts with customers.

I love the quality of SU paper, and the colors are rich, not cheap looking. Hard to explain but I have bought paper in craft stores and just didn't like the shades :confused:, so I never really used them. I am also color challanged so I live by my SU color wheel - the new one is awesome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 04:05 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I like the SU cardstock for cards it is great quality. But I am a scrapper and use Bazzill because it is a true 12X12, and SU is slightly smaller.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 04:49 AM   #8  
Mad Swapper

I am a demo But I use both. It really depends. I do not like the way Bazzill folds alot of the time. But do use it for accents. But in 12x12 l;ayouts I like it as a backround.
Joszette
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 05:03 AM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

I have both also....I truly love the Bazzill papers but am also fond of the SU 48. Kinda like how I collected material as a quilter...well now I collect paper as a card maker and scrapbooker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 05:12 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use both as well. The quality of SU cardstock is hard to match. But I also like Bazzill and MatchMakers cardstock because the texture adds to the character of the card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 07:26 AM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok I was a diehard Bazzill SNOB! In my scrapping I would ONLY use Bazzill paper, but now that I've gotten a pack of SU Very Vanilla, I will NEVER use anything else! There is something about the paper, they've treated it somehow to take the ink perfectly! I didn't believe there could be such a difference in papers, but there is! Now I still love my Bazzill and the texture it adds to cards and I won't use anything else for my scrapbook pages, BUT for stamping I have converted to SU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 08:08 AM   #12  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I love the textured look of Bazzill, but it is really hard to get full coverage when stamping on the textured side of the Bazzill.

SU! CS is sturdy and holds ink really well and also has all the ink to match.

As you can see, I like both! I'd have to say I lean toward Bazzill because I have a friend who owns a scrapbooking store and she gives me a 40% discount on all the Bazzill products... it always comes down to price!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 08:19 AM   #13  
Kookie Creator

Confession time...I don't have any SU paper. (*ducking rotten tomatoes*) ;) Not that I wouldn't like to try it...but I just don't see myself buying a big pack of one color. I use mostly Bazzill and National (who I believe is now out of business?) and I love the texture. Although...I prefer to make my cards out of smooth cardstock and use the Bazzill as layers. Bazzill used as a card base doesn't hold up real well, in my opinion. But more often than not, I find the texture does add a certain interest to the card. I like that it's smooth on the reverse side...although it took me awhile to realize I could use that side too...LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 08:28 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

love them both!
They are both great!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 09:14 AM   #15  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarefootStamper
Confession time...I don't have any SU paper. (*ducking rotten tomatoes*) ;) Not that I wouldn't like to try it...but I just don't see myself buying a big pack of one color. I use mostly Bazzill and National (who I believe is now out of business?) and I love the texture. Although...I prefer to make my cards out of smooth cardstock and use the Bazzill as layers. Bazzill used as a card base doesn't hold up real well, in my opinion. But more often than not, I find the texture does add a certain interest to the card. I like that it's smooth on the reverse side...although it took me awhile to realize I could use that side too...LOL
Did you know you can buy the Stampin' Up! colored card stock in color families? For instance, you can buy a color family of Bold Brights for only $6.95! You get 3 sheets of each of the 12 bold brights colors. The same goes for the other color families. This works out great and you can really tell what colors you use a lot so you may want to order the full pack of a certain color or split it with someone.

The Whisper White and Very Vanilla are hard to beat for a nice clean smooth stamping surface.

Kathleen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 09:23 AM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

I love both SU and Bazzill but for different reasons. I love that the SU cardstock matches the ink's, etc. and that its a smooth surface that takes a stamped image better. I love Bazzill for a lot of my scrapbooking pages and also accents on cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 09:36 AM   #17  
Kookie Creator

Kathleen, no I did not know that...guess that's what I get for limiting myself to SU rubber only. ;) Thanks for the info...I'll have to check out the variety packs next time I order.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 07:52 PM   #18  
Insane Embellisher

Thanks so much everybody ~ I think I'm sold. I've got to get some SU! CS right away. It's good to know they have assorted packs. I'll keep the Bazzill on hand, but can't wait to see the comparison. I appreciate the help and information!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2005, 08:30 PM   #19  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I seem to be like others on here. I love SU for the colors and thickness, but a really love the Bazzill for the textures. It is fantastic for mounting, and small elements.
Michelle Laycock ~ #499 ~
Laycock Designs
Product Designer for Our Daily Bread designs , North Coast Creations and Partner Companies
"They're only crayons. You didn't fear them in kindergarten, why fear them now?" ~ Hugh MacLeod
Reply With Quote Likes