Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-05-2004, 06:05 PM   #1  
Glitter Queen

Default storage help!!!

I need help - DH has built me a stamp room - but - under one condition...it has to be kept clean! ha! I need somewhere to store neatly my 200+ stamp sets in an inclosed space so the room doesn't look cluttered. Those of you that have storage - where did you get it? What was the cost? how many stamp sets do you have in it??

Thanks!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-05-2004, 06:49 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I haven't put my stamps in it yet, but I have grat plans to store all my stamps in a closet type unite that we got at shopko for $99 I'm waiting until we move and finish my new stamp room to move everything though, so I don't have a picture. but it's about 6' tall, and 4' wide, and about 2 1/2' deep. I have around 150 sets, and I know they'll all fit with plenty of room to spare for future growth! it has doors on it, so even if it gets all unorganized all I have to do is close the doors, and ta-da! instant clean looking storage. I can't wait! I've also seen simmilar unites possibly with more shelves that would work well also at lowes and home depot for around the same price (maybe even less).
HTH
Michelle
Old 12-05-2004, 07:00 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

As Michelle describes: my kids built me a unit like that, one at each end of the wall, with a 6' formica table top joined to them. I put my plastic roll-a-rounds in them for drawers, etc. (take off the wheels) Just close it up.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:01 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Caryn have you visited the Stampin Spaces Gallery yet? There are some awesome pictures there for storage ideas!

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...y.php?cat=3376
Old 12-05-2004, 07:02 PM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Default storage help!!!

Here's what I've done... doesn't exactly meet your needs but...
a) I purchased many of the largest stamp container (about 11 x 6) and consolidated many sets in this way. I printed labels and applied to edges to identify stamp-set contents. I was able to consolidate 2 to 3 sets into 1 11 x 6 on average. This provided a consistent container size to work with.

b) My sets are stored in pine-wood crates purchased from Michael's. They are stacked horizontally. I have approx. (and growing) 133 stamp sets stored this way.

c) and a word of caution from experience. I originally stacked all my new stamp boxes... and stamps were in the boxes rubber-side down. The bottom of these stamp cases has a raised/indented SU logo. I found one stamp partially imprinted!!! (not sure how to fix that problem). As a result, I did 2 more things: turned all my stamps upside down in the stamp cases so wood is against the imprinted logo... and turned all my stamp cases on the bottom row on edge. Additional stamp cases are stacked 'normally' on the top edges of the first row. Those are never more than 4 cases high, so weight should not be an issue.

good luck!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:34 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I used this storage unit from IKEA for my stamp sets, works wonderfully and takes very little space (not to mention it's cheap)

http://www.ikea-usa.com/webapp/wcs/s...01*13717*10134

Hope that helps!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:39 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

I bought my storage system from the Container Store. They are drawers that you can choose the size. I bought 5 systems that each contain 5 drawers. The total for all 5 was about $850. It was expensive but I wanted something that looked very neat and uniform and these do both. Plus they hold all my stamp sets and all my accessories.
Cathy Marie
Old 12-05-2004, 09:10 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I bought pantry type cabinets from Home depot, I think. They are white melamine, 6' tall or so, and whatever width you want. They are the ready made ones they carry. I think you can also buy unfinished ones for a bit less. My DH screwed them to the wall for me and they look really nice. I have stuff in them in rubbermaid containers.

Amy
Old 12-05-2004, 09:17 PM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

I have a small closet (approx 2 feet deep and 3 1/2 feet wide) I happened to have a bookshelf with shelves that are 14" deep and 3 feet wide that I placed inside. The top is a few inches below the 1st shelf (2 shelves built in). I took the door off and have a rod with fabric that I keep pulled to one side and if the shelves get disorganized I can just pull the fabric across the opening. I have approx 130 sets organized on a few shelves, and other items are stored in 16"x10" boxes from IKEA. The boxes are a solid color so you can't see what is inside, however each is labled on the front. This system is easy to maintain and my DH wants to know when the rest of the house will look like my scrappin' room, lol! I store most of my accessories, like inks, punches, etc. at my main scrappin/stampin table (my inks are in the SU caddy on top and my markers are also stored on top), the rest of my day to day accessories are in a 16 drawer unit next to it. Most of the furniture in my room is IKEA and I love that I got such great, sturdy furniture for a low price. Definity check it out if you have an IKEA near you (online is great too, but with items like that I am definitly a hands on before I buy type person).
Old 12-06-2004, 12:10 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

My DH bought me an armoir (spelling) last year to house my stamps. I have 2 shelves full, then 2 shelves of cardstock and then the 2 drawers house my retired stamps the kids use and 3 D items to stamp on... It's probably a little over 5 feet tall and 3 feet wide maybe and 2 feet deep. He got it at a local furniture store for about $250... It's awesome. I wish I had one more and it would be perfect. The rest of my stuff (magazines etc would hid great in there)
Blessings
Kristy