Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-04-2008, 09:47 PM   #81
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for that tip! I thought I was the only one who had such a problem either posting a comment or making a favorite, and then all the trouble to get back to where you were!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #82
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by grateful2bsavedView Post
Hi. I've been looking at the SCS gallery for over 6 months, and never once left a comment until a few days ago. Not because I was stingy, I promise. It just never dawned on me that MY opinion would matter! It wasn't until I read a thread mentioning this topic that I realized how thoughtless that is. I've just been using this site, and not "contributing". I'm very new to cardmaking, and the majority of the cards I see on here are absolutely gorgeous! I still feel uncomfortable commenting, when everything I see in the gallery is so superior to what I end up with when I finally finish a card! I forced myself to upload a card the other day, and it will probably be my first and my last. I get embarrassed thinking of dozens of people looking at it! (PLEASE DON'T go and look at it now!) I'm going to try and leave comments regularly from now on though. I will probably stick with commenting on cards that haven't received any comments already. I think some cards don't get any comments because they're just so OBVIOUSLY beautiful people think the card maker MUST already know how nice her card is. (Does that make sense?) This is the first time I've ever replied to a forum/thread, too. See, I really AM trying to participate and contribute.
I'm going with that one..."I think some cards don't get any comments because they're just so OBVIOUSLY beautiful people think the card maker MUST already know how nice her card is. " Love it!!!

As long as the maker is happy with their product then it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks right? I know, easier said than done, and I am just as guilty. And maybe the blogs do take away from the gallery. It is a lot to look at and comment on. Maybe we are too hard on ourselves..and others? I'm taking a break from this thread now. Everyone enjoy their day!

Danielle Kennedy

My Blog
Power Poppy
A Day For Daisies
Old 02-05-2008, 09:19 AM   #83
Rubber Obsessor

What REALLY bugs me about the galleries is finding an absolutely AWESOME card that I want to CASE and the person who posted it didn't even bother to leave the "recipe" for the card. Either they leave nothing, or you have to go to their blog to find out. If they want my comments on their card, they have to leave the recipe. I think it goes both ways. Just my .02!
Old 02-05-2008, 09:36 AM   #84
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I do this when in the gallery. I right click and open a new tab, Sometime I open a New window.

When finished committing. I close the tab or window and then hit refresh.
This will then show that I Have left a message.

I just up loaded some Cards in my gallery. And in the last couple of weeks I have gotten one or two comments. But other's have added me to favorites. More into their favorites. than comments.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:57 AM   #85
Stazon Splitcoast

i like comments and i like to be favorited...

i don't expect either

imitation is the best form of flattery
Old 02-05-2008, 11:03 AM   #86
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm actually SURPRISED that I get comments at all on my patched together pitiful cards. LOL!! I'm new to this stamping stuff so I always look at everyone's and am in awe of what they do. I don't leave comments usually because I don't know what to say that won't sound dumb. And there are some that I just don't like...not that they are bad, but I don't like them. (Don't tar and feather me and run me out of town, but I don't really like the SU! stamps. ) So I don't comment on the ones that aren't my style or ones that look like everyone else's or whatnot.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:48 AM   #87
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by wenchieView Post
You're quite right.

I should have qualified that by noting as well that if constructive criticism/suggestions are expected than I ought to also invite that while writing my project summary.
Thanks for that. I only received a "criticism" once and it was a real surprise. I will sometimes ask now, when I want help.
John 3:16
Old 02-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #88
Stazon Splitcoast

I love to comment but for some reason, my computer won't return me to the page I was on, just keeps bringing me back to the card I highlighted. I haven't figured out why because I used to have no problem and nothing has changed as far as I know. Maybe others also have the same problem. I know I make far fewer comments than I used to because it is so time consuming to start over at the home page each time I admire a card. There are just as many gorgeous cards but I save my comments for cards I absolutely have to say something about. Anyone else in my predicament or know what the solution is?
Old 02-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #89
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Lightbulb

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuntwomanView Post
I love to comment but for some reason, my computer won't return me to the page I was on, just keeps bringing me back to the card I highlighted. I haven't figured out why because I used to have no problem and nothing has changed as far as I know. Maybe others also have the same problem. I know I make far fewer comments than I used to because it is so time consuming to start over at the home page each time I admire a card. There are just as many gorgeous cards but I save my comments for cards I absolutely have to say something about. Anyone else in my predicament or know what the solution is?

Something you can do. is Find the card that you want to comment on and Right click on it. and open a New window. Or TAB, Post your comment, Click submit, Wait till it goes through and then close the window or tab.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:16 PM   #90
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlitteratiView Post
I have the same problem. It takes numerous clicks to get back to the gallery when I leave comments. It seems like I'm stuck and I have a hard time going back to the gallery. Consequently, I don't leave many comments.
I haven't made it through all of the remarks but this is something I've run into also - sometimes it makes me hesitate to leave a comment. I have to go to the dropdown on the browser's 'back' button in order to get back to where I was. That can be a drag. Same thing with 'favoriting'.

I'm also more apt to leave a comment if the details of the card are there - it can be tiresome to visit blogs and sometimes it's even hard to find the details there. I consider viewing and favoriting to be just as complimentary. And I also like to visit the galleries for people who comment on mine, too.

Right now, I wish I had the time to visit the galleries of everyone who has posted to this thread !!
Old 02-06-2008, 10:02 AM   #91
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by diannep575View Post
If you hold down your shift key and then click with your mouse on that thumbnail you can leave a comment and then just click on the red x at the top of the page and you are back to where you were. Then you don't have to keep clicking back to get to where you were. Hope this makes sense. Neat little trick I learned here on SCS!
I leave one or two word comments. My feeling is I just want the person to know that I liked their card enough to say something if only a couple of words....
Shut up!!! You mean I don't have to back click a million times anymore! OMG that is so flippin nice to know! Thank you for helping the techno-challenged people of SCS. Thank you to all of those that have confessed their frustration with this feature as well....I just figured there was a way to comment more efficiently and I was to challenged to figure it out.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:12 AM   #92
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisybooView Post
I look for the favorites of the week thread and try to click on as many of those as I can, but even then, I don't have time to see them all. When I comment on a card, it is because I REALLY like it and not because I feel an obligation to comment. So maybe my comments should count double!!
I like the favorites of the week thread but everyone usually lists all the rockstar stampers as their favorites...I see the same names posted every week. (Not that they don't deserve it...but it's nice to see the work of other talented unknown stampers too.)

With that being said, I started listing my favorites of the week which happened to be anyone that had a card that really caught my attention....I have no idea who these stamper were and never looked at their gallery. Then I PM'd the five people I listed in the thread as a favorite and told them that I appreciated their inspiration and posted them as a favorite. Each person PM'd me back saying thank you and how flattered they were to listed in the weekly thread.

Hopefully, listing them encouraged other people to click and comment as well....if they liked the card....of course.