Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-02-2004, 05:43 AM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still waiting...

Is anyone else still waiting for stampin spots? I finally received my bold brights yesterday. But I am still waiting for earth elements. My order was placed October 18th. When I checked with my demo she just said "maybe you will get yours soon." I have since found another demo who absolutely rocks!

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop? ~ Dr. Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 05:46 AM   #2  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SU Creative Crew Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We honestly don't know why some have shipped and some have not. It is mostly to do with the new facility and working the bugs out of the software that drives the new equipment they are using there.

So when your old demo says, "Maybe you'll get yours soon" it's because she doesn't know and doesn't want to give you a date that isn't valid! Please don't blame her!

My website/blog - JanTink.com
Facebook | JanTink
Etsy Store - JanTink

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 05:51 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Yep. SU has been having some bugs in their computer system, causing the backorder shipments to be a bit unpredictable. Hopefully you'll get them soon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 06:19 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I just got my earth elements yesterday when the rest of the order shipped Oct sometime. SU has a lot on backorder right now. There was no way for your orignial demo to know when they would come in. I am still waiting for my paper piercing punch.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 06:23 AM   #5  
Mad Swapper

I am STILL waiting for 2 paper piercing punches that I ordered on Oct. 12th. I called yesterday & SU told me that they don't expect them anytime soon! Yikes! :shock:

Sue
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 06:30 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

The backorder report from today says that they still don't know about the bold bright, earth element, and rich regal spots.

(this is the message from the demo support page: Backorders are currently being filled as product arrives in order of the original order date. Please be aware that not enough product is available to fill all backorders at this time. We are currently receiving product three times per week to fill orders.)

The slit punch, paper piercing punch, and 12X12 craft keepers should be available to ship the week of December 13.

Snail adhesive, paper snips, and gold brads should be available to ship the week of December 6.

This is directly off of the SU website this morning. Hope this helps!

Stampin' Up! demonstrator with a website!

What Can Lightbulb Do For You?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 06:31 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just delivered Earth Elements spots to a customer last week that she had ordered on Oct. 1st!

Slowly but surely they are catching up. As Jan mentioned, please don't be too hard on your original demo. SU did not do a good job at keeping its demos informed, and I know from my own experience that it really did no good to call and try and get any info out of DS.

Hugs,
Betsy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 06:34 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Alta Loma, CA ~~ With the *Girls* ~~~~~~~ Rubi, BeckyZ and Bia

Hey I got 3 sets of EE spots that I didn't order! Maybe this is why so many are on backorder? As I posted a while back, I had 2 Full sets of EE on backorder. When they finally showed shipped I was so excited. Then the package came and it was 1 set of spots. So I called DS and then I got 2 full sets of EE pads and 2 sets of EE spots. Interesting, very interesting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 06:41 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I ordered 2 paper piecing punches in the 1st week of October also, and I still have yet to receive them. I thought I had read on the website that they had expected some in on the 29th of November. Obviously that statement does not ring true if you called them and they said they don't expect them any time soon.
They really should think about these problems before making a deal with a manufacturer. I just don't get it.

Glitter Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 06:55 AM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

I think the manufacturer is having issues with quality too. I just got my 1.25" square and it's horrible. It's like it's been used for years. The bottom doesn't cut, it tears. I hope SU gets on their case about quality and that's why things are backordered. Especially since now I want that slit punch after seeing the cute ideas for it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 07:06 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

WELL - my slit punch and silver brads (ordered 10/20 :shock: ) FINALLY shipped on 11/30. Unbelievable. On Monday I got a big UPS box (it was like 14"x12") and all that was in it was 2 packs of vintage brads - shipped via UPS! Honestly. I think a small envelope would have been sufficient!

SO - the moral to my rant is that I'm thinking they are slowly workin' the bugs out of the system and we just need to hang on for a bit longer!

I saw on the website today that the PP Punch was on b/o untul 12/13 I think? I'm sad if it's true that they really have no idea...

But I was sad about Pam anyhow, so this just fits right in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 07:09 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

I don't understand why now all of a sudden Stampin' Spots are such a hot item! I've never seen them on backorder before the last couple of months.

Did they have problems with them and are waiting for their quality dept to check into it or something?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 07:11 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampcrazygirl
I don't understand why now all of a sudden Stampin' Spots are such a hot item! I've never seen them on backorder before the last couple of months.
I never knew about them until I came to SCS. In the new catalog they are a lot easier to find, so I think it's just better marketing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 07:42 AM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have a scheduled delivery of today for soft subtles stampin' spots I ordered for a customer on October 10th. Good thing the customer is a friend and hasn't complained! :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 07:48 AM   #15  
Mad Swapper

I did not mean to make it sound like I was blaming my demo for not getting them. It just has not been a pleasant experience with her. I attended a workshop she did for a friend and really liked her. She did things other than cards which was exciting to me since in 2 years of stamping and having workshops that was all I had been shown. When she got to my workshop she complained about the distance she had driven(about40 minutes) which I had asked if she could refer me to someone closer to make it easy for her. Then she was disappointed in my turn out. I had a friend with car problems and a friend who had a sick child. I only had 4 people at my workshop and had a $400 net. I thought that was okay? A friend booked a workshop from her at mine but she said she could not do it on the date that was requested but would find someone to do it. My frustrated friend was unable to contact her for about ten days, and finally was reached by the new demo about 5 days before the scheduled date. It was all very stressful. On top of it all, I had a friend who cancelled part of her order after it was sent. So it was shipped to me and I had to send it back to my demo (it cost me almost $5) and she never offered to pay me back. Then I was unable to reach her for about 6 weeks so I had to wait to find out if she even got it. Sorry about the rant .... I love SU and I love my new demo!

We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop? ~ Dr. Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 07:51 AM   #16  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngFab
WELL - my slit punch and silver brads (ordered 10/20 :shock: ) FINALLY shipped on 11/30. Unbelievable. On Monday I got a big UPS box (it was like 14"x12") and all that was in it was 2 packs of vintage brads - shipped via UPS! Honestly. I think a small envelope would have been sufficient!
I got a big box and it had one pack of tags and metal tags (Great Rewards)...

I'm still on a tear about my friends Loads Of Love that was ordered September 14 that still isn't here.... .... 2nd order correction seems to be stuck in picking too. Will be freakin' out yet again later today on this one......how ridiculous is all of this backorder stuff??! (Maybe it would have been a good idea to test the software before purchasing it? Seems like Canadian error corrections are the really bad ones.....the first one for this order was October 1!!! :shock: )

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. ~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 08:34 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

QC, we almost have to laugh (cry?) about the big boxes! I'm a little afraid to see the size of the box my brads and punch come in! :shock: DH will think I went on another Stampin' Up! ordering bender! With the punch, it will probably take up the whole back of the UPS truck!

Sorry - If I don't make snide and sarcastic remarks I will really get ticked about the backorders!

What a bummer about your Loads of Love problem! That is a shame. It's all very crazy and confused right now. I think some of it might be the move and the computer system, but I think there's a li'l bit of good old fashioned "operator error" mixed in there too! JMO!

Meantime - I'm hangin' in there and trying to keep customers informed as best I can...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 08:39 AM   #18  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default B/O

I'm missing 10 items from an order placed on Oct 12th... OEX has said it was picking for over a week and after calling 3 times they issued a correction order yesterday but it's still in picking? My Christmas cards may get sent for Valentines Day at this rate!! lol I also ordered a Show on the GO on Oct 14th and it's shown picking this whole time, SU doesn't have a clue about this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 08:41 AM   #19  
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Skype™ to neverenuffstamps

Why are the spots all of a sudden so popular? Maybe it's the SCS effect!
We are a powerful group! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 08:53 AM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would be so MAD if that happened to me! 2 months for an order to come in???????? I think not and I would promptly be bringing my business elsewhere!

Sounds like SU needs a lesson in product management and how to successfully more warehouses and all that kind of stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 09:52 AM   #21  
Forum Fanatic

I think the consensious on the spots was that because there are pictures in the catalog this year, they were demo'd at convention, and people have been talking about them here. All makes sense to me. Funny thing is now that I have mine, I'm wondering if I'll really use them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 10:01 AM   #22  
Stazon Splitcoast

Update on my backorder dated 10/12: The BO finally shipped! But, the correction order is now picking!! So that means I'll have to send the duplicates back once it gets here.

But I'm not complaining cause at least my customers will get their merchandise, finally!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 12:16 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

[quote="qcbetty"]
Quote:

Originally Posted by AngFab

I got a correction order sent to me in a huge box...guess what was in it...one small bottle of Crystal Effects. :shock: I would think they might be able to save some money in shipping and handling with smaller boxes...and I have seen smaller than the one they sent the Crystal Effects in.

Ah well.....I too cannot wait to see what my two punches come in...that is if they ever make it.

Glitter Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 12:33 PM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

That's interesting about the large boxes. I had to exchange 2 punches and they came back after a month in a small USPS Priority Mail box.

I push the stampin' spots because I think my customers will get more bang for their buck in terms of having a variety of colors to use. But I'm certain my number of orders isn't creating a huge depletion of stampin' spots
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 01:03 PM   #25  
Crimping Master

You know, I can't help but say that is is very annoying to have these problems. Especially when customers are waiting for their things. I have lucked out and only had one thing on backorder, vintage brads, that was for a customer. Luckily it wasn't for their xmas cards.

BUT, I also have to say this in their defense.... they are very aware of the problem and I think they have tried to make up for that with the FREE SHIPPING on orders. That is awesome. But I do hope things star to run more smoothly SOON!

Mother of three wonderful children (Brayton-17 months, Brianna- 5 & Kyle-eight) and one grown man (my DH).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 02:26 PM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Default I finally got good news!!

My bold brights are expected Tuesday, my EE came yesterday, and demo called today to say she got the SS and the RR...now I just have to wait for her to be home so I can run up and get them! My order was placed on the 10th of October...Kerilou
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 03:01 PM   #27  
Rubber Obsessor

There are some hold ups with the shipping from outside North America. Things are getting held up in port. I'm not sure exactly the reason for this but alas, it does make us practice patience :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2004, 04:47 PM   #28  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by crabbymommyof2
I did not mean to make it sound like I was blaming my demo for not getting them. It just has not been a pleasant experience with her. I attended a workshop she did for a friend and really liked her. She did things other than cards which was exciting to me since in 2 years of stamping and having workshops that was all I had been shown. When she got to my workshop she complained about the distance she had driven(about40 minutes) which I had asked if she could refer me to someone closer to make it easy for her. Then she was disappointed in my turn out. I had a friend with car problems and a friend who had a sick child. I only had 4 people at my workshop and had a $400 net. I thought that was okay? A friend booked a workshop from her at mine but she said she could not do it on the date that was requested but would find someone to do it. My frustrated friend was unable to contact her for about ten days, and finally was reached by the new demo about 5 days before the scheduled date. It was all very stressful. On top of it all, I had a friend who cancelled part of her order after it was sent. So it was shipped to me and I had to send it back to my demo (it cost me almost $5) and she never offered to pay me back. Then I was unable to reach her for about 6 weeks so I had to wait to find out if she even got it. Sorry about the rant .... I love SU and I love my new demo!
That's really too bad that you had such a bad experience with that demo, I would have been doing cartwheels at a $400 show! Glad you found a rep that "fits"!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2004, 05:31 AM   #29  
Kookie Creator

I just got my EE spots that were ordered early October.

April
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2004, 05:48 AM   #30  
Insane Embellisher

Top this - I am a demo and got a box delivered 2 day express 11/26 from a 9/29 workshop. And what was in the box - NOTHING!
Brown paper and an order form.
Called and items are still in picking and I cannot cancel them cause they are in picking. Is a square punch and stipple brushes.
Will call again today - I just want to cancel at this point and reorder - know they will come lickety split.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2004, 07:12 AM   #31  
Pearl-ExPert

O.M.G. :shock:
She wins the prize! A box of nothing!

HEY! I bet that really WAS a box of peace and quiet!!

(Seriously - if I don't make jokes about it, I'll cry!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2004, 07:26 AM   #32  
Mad Swapper

Shouldn't this be moved to the demo section? It started out as a customer question, but has moved to a demo complaint department. Just a thought. :shock:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2004, 07:59 AM   #33  
Pearl-ExPert

WHOOPS! :oops: I hope that my posts haven't come across as bashing on SU! I love SU! I think the shipping and backorder situation is an issue for both demos and customers alike so we should be able to discuss it in the regular forum? I **personally** have not had an experience with SU! where they have not fixed my problem or corrected my error completely to my satisfaction. YES - the backorders and shipping times have been a frustration for me as well as for my customers, but I am doing my best to keep the mood "light" when explaining the situation to customers when they place an order. IMO Stampin' Up! has awesome customer service and seems to be working thru the growing pains of moving to a new facility.

I am sorry if my posts came across as complaining. :oops:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2004, 08:37 AM   #34  
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by neverenuffstamps
Why are the spots all of a sudden so popular?
I think with them offering the Black Spots as a supply order to pair up with the incentive stamps, demo's got to thinking - well, why don't we use the other colors. they'll count towards my quota and my customer gets more of a choice. and WHAM stampin spots go out of htis world!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2004, 08:38 AM   #35  
Crimping Master

And don't forget, they are trying to make it up to us with the free shipping. I just love that.

Mother of three wonderful children (Brayton-17 months, Brianna- 5 & Kyle-eight) and one grown man (my DH).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 04:37 PM   #36  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymbers_Stampin
I think the manufacturer is having issues with quality too. I just got my 1.25" square and it's horrible. It's like it's been used for years. The bottom doesn't cut, it tears. I hope SU gets on their case about quality and that's why things are backordered. Especially since now I want that slit punch after seeing the cute ideas for it.
OOH-I just got mine last week, I better go grab it and make sure it works.

Denise
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 04:49 PM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

qc betty wrote:
Quote:

I got a big box and it had one pack of tags and metal tags (Great Rewards)...
I too received a box 12"x14" and after removing all the packaging on the very bottom of the box was a container of vintage brads and a packing slip. That's it. Could have fit in a small padded envelope and come regular mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2004, 04:58 PM   #38  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmscoping
Quote:

Originally Posted by neverenuffstamps
Why are the spots all of a sudden so popular?
I think with them offering the Black Spots as a supply order to pair up with the incentive stamps, demo's got to thinking - well, why don't we use the other colors. they'll count towards my quota and my customer gets more of a choice. and WHAM stampin spots go out of htis world!
I've always used the spots with the incentive stamps. Like the new black only, but the reg. ones are great too. Over the course of my demoship, I've ordered all the colours I think. However, I've never had a customer order them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2004, 05:41 PM   #39  
Crimping Master

I ordered two sets. I use them with incentive stamps as well. I still have a lot.

I had some brads sent out. I did get mine in a padded envelope.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-07-2004, 05:52 PM   #40  
Mad Swapper

My earth elements arrived today!!!!! Yippppeeee!

Reply With Quote Likes