Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-13-2017, 11:33 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Static cling mounting foam

hello..please help..been searching 2 hrs now..I give up. Hope u can help. I watched some you tube videos on unmounting stamps from a wooden block then using static cling mounting foam or EZ mounting foam....however this one women used white...I can only find grey and black. She stamped the image on the one side of the white foam and attached that to the stamp..so you can see what you are stamping....does anyone know where to find white? She bought hers on eBay, it has a turtle emblem on it but I can not locate it. Can anyone help.....I'm new to stampin and already getting frustrated. Thank you all so much
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2017, 12:01 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure where to get the white, but the grey is definitely light enough that you can stamp on it before you attach it to the stamp. It just always seemed like way too much hassle for me to bother with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2017, 01:05 PM   #3  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by arv160View Post
hello..please help..been searching 2 hrs now..I give up. Hope u can help. I watched some you tube videos on unmounting stamps from a wooden block then using static cling mounting foam or EZ mounting foam....however this one women used white...I can only find grey and black. She stamped the image on the one side of the white foam and attached that to the stamp..so you can see what you are stamping....does anyone know where to find white? She bought hers on eBay, it has a turtle emblem on it but I can not locate it. Can anyone help.....I'm new to stampin and already getting frustrated. Thank you all so much
Hi and welcome! You're sure you're not thinking of the white tissue paper that is stamped and then glued to the gray EZMount with Tombow? (At least the videos I've seen have used Tombow.)

Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 04:50 AM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think, from looking at the you tube video....that she is stamping the image on the side of the foam that is less sticky...here is the link....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 05:24 AM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Oh, she's not using the tissue paper/vinyl method. The video is from 2009, and I didn't see an easy way to contact her. A thread here on SCS from 2011 also mentioned that type of cling foam and the link is no longer good - it could be discontinued.

(She suggested searching on "Static Cling Mounting Foam" and looking for a turtle.)

But like cbet said, the light gray is light enough to see what you've stamped.

Some people don't use EZMount, they use double-sided tape or glue like Tack It Over and Over to stick their stamps to blocks. Lots of methods.

Last edited by bjeans; 07-14-2017 at 05:40 AM.. Reason: Linked to what appeared white but was light gray EZMount
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 06:27 AM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the wonderful addiction/obsession that is stamping!

And welcome to the forum! I started out eight years ago knowing next to nothing, and I have to credit the wonderful folks here on SCS for "holding my hand" as I whined, complained, questioned and learned.

As to your question, it is very true that you should be able to see a black Stazon image on the back of grey cling mount. But I'm going to play "devil's advocate" here and make what might be a radical statement for your consideration:

You do not need to have the image on the back of your stamps.

I think that people who start out with wood mounts, or people who start out with Stampin Up (who provide a clear film with an image to put on the back of cling mount stamps if desired) and people who work a lot with clear (photopolymer) stamps kind of get to feel that they need to be able to see the image when they stamp. But you don't. About 3/4 of my stamps are cling stamps, and they have nothing on the back. Just gray cling, no image. And not only does it not affect my stamping, I never even think about it.

If you are absolutely set on having that index image there, you can do the Stazon thing. But it isn't necessary and in fact I'd venture to say it is the exception rather than the rule.

Just saying. In order to maybe relieve some of your frustration. Which, by the way, is natural when you start out. Part of it is wanting everything just so, because you don't want to do anything "wrong". And then you stamp for a while and make a gazillion mistakes and realize that everyone does and you relax about it. ;)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-14-2017, 06:36 AM   #7  
Gallery Gazer

I did the tissue paper/vinyl cling thing on a few unmounted stamps - and then stopped. I figured I'd get back to it but haven't and may not. I like seeing the image, but going along with what Robin said, it's not high on my too-long to-do list. I put a Sharpie mark on some for orientation to not get an upside image.

Caveat: I don't have many stamps that were wood mounted. I mounted most on EZMount and easily cut them out without sticking to scissors by pouncing cornstarch baby powder around the stamps before cutting them out. (I saw that on a video; can probably find it and post if anyone wants to see it.)
Reply With Quote Likes