Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-13-2015, 01:01 PM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampotique, have you purchased from them?

If you have what was your experience? I understand they are a small business and they do explain that orders can take 3 to 5 weeks. My order is at the 6 week point and I need to change the shipping address. I have emailed them last week with no response and then called this morning. Only an answering machine message to leave name and email. This company is in Arizona not the UK
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2015, 06:28 PM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts

I am little disturbed by the lack of communication.

I would say at this point it may be too late to change the address-[I]hopefully[I] they have already shipped it out. So maybe you might have to have it forwarded if you are moving.

What I have on them is the same thing you said-small company, long lead time. I think my LSS might carry them but I am not sure.

Sorry I cant be of more help. If I have ordered from them it was not this year. Hope it comes right away!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2015, 07:28 PM   #3  
Embossing Fanatic

They did respond by email today. They stated that my order will not ship till next week and let me update the mailing address. I like to support small family owned businesses and love the stamps they offer. But I wish they would have an inventory so it wouldn't take quite so long.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2015, 07:46 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

I'm in the same boat as you...placed my order March 2nd. I would be happy if the orders did actually come in 3-5 weeks as stated on their website but that has not been the case. There are other companies online that carry their stamps...Joggles comes to mind as one. I guess I will just go that route from now on.

my blog: www.stamptart.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2015, 08:00 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Joggles.com is good and where I bought some of my Stampotique stamps. 18% off currently which will go back down to 15% off soon. She has great video tutorials, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2015, 08:19 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

I try not to give negative reviews, but since you asked for an experience with them here goes.
I ordered from them once, at the time I did not see anything on their website relating to lead time. I was having issues with my bank at the time so was trying to find out which of my orders had gone through and so on. It had been weeks since I placed my order with them so I emailed them asking politely if they had a time frame for when they would be charging and and sending out the stamps. A week went by with no reply so I emailed again. This time I did get back a reply, it was quite snide and rude about how they are a small home based business and they press everything themselves and they are not going to drop everything for just one order.
A simple explanation regarding their policies would have been suffice and I would have waited patiently.

I was raised in a family that mostly have their own businesses of handmade items(tailors, carpenters sculptors, etc) so I understand how hard they are to run. That being said I work extremely hard for my money so when I purchase anything I have zero tolerance for sub par customer service let alone outright rudeness. I will never purchase their stamps again, not from them or through any other vendor.
Just my experience and opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2015, 05:10 AM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks everyone.
Laurene, maybe your order is in the same shipping batch as mine. I found Joggles a few days after placing an order with Stampotique. I will not order directly from her again.
Fairdragon, I have worked with the public since I was a teen and customer service is very important to me. I'm guessing they fill orders for the distributors first and single customer orders secondly. Not a great policy but it is what it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2015, 05:31 AM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have placed many orders with them, and have at times inquired about ship times. I have always received polite responses, and I have always been polite to them.

Another thing is, they NEVER will charge you until the order ships, which is rare nowadays. Unless I guess you are paying via paypal, in which case- paypal working like it does- the order would be charged immediately.

I am not so nervous about my order taking a long time, since I do not have to worry about being out any money, since they don't charge until they ship. Once you realize that the order will take quite a while, you accept that is what happens when you place an order with Stampotique. I feel their stamps are worth it, since they are so unique.

The only thing that would make me happier is if they offered their stamps in cling mount.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2015, 02:50 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't believe a small company would be run so poorly. In order to stay in business, you need to have good customer service especially in this electronic age. Customer review, good or bad, can reach a lot of people in no time.

I know Frantic Stamper and Hallmark Scrapbook are small family run companies but their customer service is first rate. Placed an order at both these places recently. Got email confirmations quickly and an email the next business day that my order has been shipped.

Also, Local King Rubber Stamps is a family business in Canada. Went to a scrapbook show and bought some items. When I got home. I looked up their site because a friend showed me some things she had bought and I hadn't. Placed an order and there was one item I ordered that got misplaced from my show purchases and I emailed them requesting they cancel that part of my order. I had ordered, what would have been, a duplicate die. Got an email within 24 hrs that they would not send the duplicate die and would remove the die from my order, no problem.

These are samples of GOOD customer service. Even from Canada I have not had to wait 5-6 weeks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2015, 03:16 PM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

3-5 weeks or more? Wow! Thanks for the heads up, I will be sure never to order from them. There's no excuse for being nasty to your customers. I enjoy supporting small businesses too-love Frantic Stamper, Stampscapes, etc, but they ship promptly and are so friendly and responsive! I placed an order with Stampscapes and got a message from Kevin saying they were refunding some of my shipping fee because they didn't need all of it after all. Now that's great customer service!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2015, 07:27 PM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

Stampotique hasn't ever been nasty in their responses just a little long in replying. When the owner responded to my email he did ask if I would like to change the shipping address and I did that. I just wish it had only been the 5 weeks they said and not the 7 weeks it will end up being. An email with an update on the order would have been welcomed along the way. I understand they don't charge until they ship and I am glad for that.
They have wonderful stamps and one of a kind images you won't see just anywhere. So if I order again I will understand the wait time and trust them to send the order when it is ready.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2015, 10:51 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 64 Likes on 34 Posts

I would never expect next day shipping from a smaller company, but I would never do business with anyone who took 7 weeks to ship. I don't care if the stamps are hand-pressed in the basement; don't offer them for sale unless you have inventory. It shouldn't take more than week to put items in an envelope and take them to the post office.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 05:30 AM   #13  
Embossing Fanatic

8 weeks later I have cancelled the order and I am hoping to find these stamps somewhere else. I found them at Joggles but most are out of stock, I think I need to just forget them altogether.
Reply With Quote Likes