Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-20-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
Mad Swapper

Default Stamping stores in Plattsburg, Watkin's Glenn, Ausable Chasm, Lake Placid,

Our vacation spot this year will hopefully be northern New York state in the the Ausable Chasm area. Are there any stamping/scrapbooking stores nearby in Watkin's Glenn, Plattsburgh, Lake Placid or in the Lake Champlain area including Burlington, Vermont? I hope there is, as when the guys are visiting the race track in Watkins Glen, I want to be visiting some stamping stores.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-20-2009, 04:34 PM   #2
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

I don't have an answer to your question, but your post brought back such fond memories. My family used to visit that area every summer! We stayed at my aunt/uncle's camp near Saranac Lake. Enjoy your time there!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:42 AM   #3
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jor View Post
I don't have an answer to your question, but your post brought back such fond memories. My family used to visit that area every summer! We stayed at my aunt/uncle's camp near Saranac Lake. Enjoy your time there!
Ditto this answer. We had a summer cabin half way between Plattsburg and Lake Placid. It's a gorgeous area. Have fun! and good luck finding crafting stores!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
Mad Swapper

Ditto from me, too. The scenery in that area is exquisite. I took the boat ride through Ausable Chasm as a child; the water splashed over the sides and I still hate small boats as a result. The boat ride on Lake Placid is, well, placid and wonderful. I wonder if the North Pole is still open at the base of Whiteface Mountain. I visited there as a child and we took our own kids there when they were little, too. ... Enjoy!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
Cardstock Collector

I am from Northern New York and there aren't many crafting stores in the area, but, these are the ones I have visited. In Plattsburgh there is a Michael's in the Walmart Plaza, Lake Placid-there is a scrapbooking boutique, Burlington-Michaels & Joanns, Malone-Joanns (small one). Hope this helps....
Old 07-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
jor
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice in Md View Post
Ditto from me, too. The scenery in that area is exquisite. I took the boat ride through Ausable Chasm as a child; the water splashed over the sides and I still hate small boats as a result. The boat ride on Lake Placid is, well, placid and wonderful. I wonder if the North Pole is still open at the base of Whiteface Mountain. I visited there as a child and we took our own kids there when they were little, too. ... Enjoy!

Ohhhhh, the North Pole!!!!! I've got pictures from trips there. Ah, memories!

Too bad we aren't really helping the poster though! Sorry to hijack!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:08 PM   #7
Polyshrink Goddess

Default I can help....

I happen to live in Lake Placid. We do have a small scrapbook store called "There and Back Again." It's pretty much right in front of the Olympic Arena next to the Oval. They carry some really great Adirondack specific items.

There used to be stores in both Plattsburgh and Burlington but they've closed.

Hope you enjoy your vacation in the ADKS!!

PS...I just remembered that there is also an art supply store in Saranac Lake called Borealis Color. It's right on the main street. They carry some good stamps and supplies.

Last edited by krista824; 07-22-2009 at 06:13 PM..
Old 07-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #8
Pearl-ExPert

There's only one stamping store in that area of VT I was able to find (and I've lived there for almost 7 years!!!). It's called 'Stamp on it' and it's in Essex Junction. I believe, the street is Market Place. The owner is a nice lady named Gwen It's tiny, but very up-to-date and charming - have fun!!!

"Fearless is not the absence of fear. Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you." (Taylor Swift)
Old 08-03-2009, 10:29 PM   #9
Mad Swapper

Thanks everyone. I grew up in Montreal and we use to go to Plattsburgh all the time. I remember going to Frontier Village and seeing the signs for the North Pole although we never made it there. We even stayed in Saranac Lake and Lake Placid long before the Olympics.

I am looking forward to hopefully finding the craft stores you all mentioned. Stamping items are so much cheaper there than here. Looks like we will be going to Corning too and maybe a few other small towns. Can't wait to go shopping.
Old 08-04-2009, 04:02 PM   #10
Kookie Creator

If you go to corning there is a nice shop 38E market street--called Crafting cottage--checkout their web site--also Elmira it's about 15 miles East of corning there is a Michaels--Hobby lobby--you can't miss them. There is a joann fabrics at the Arnot mall just down the road.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:36 AM   #11
Mad Swapper

Let the shopping beginning. Thanks everyone.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:00 AM   #12
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarnc View Post
If you go to corning there is a nice shop 38E market street--called Crafting cottage--checkout their web site--also Elmira it's about 15 miles East of corning there is a Michaels--Hobby lobby--you can't miss them. There is a joann fabrics at the Arnot mall just down the road.
OH YEAH, worth the detour, but not open Monday and Sunday only 12-4
LINK TO CRAFTING COTTAGE If you are in Watkins Glen! Also I would recommend the Ithaca area, Taughhannock Falls SP, Buttermilk Falls SP etc Get a ticket for entrance into a state park and you can use it at all of them and there are 4-5 right in Ithaca area.