Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-08-2005, 12:40 PM   #41
Stampin' Fool

Default Re: Stamper's Shoulder?

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathynruss
Quote:

Originally Posted by CajunStamper
Oh wow! That's a major injury! I've had cuts from my paper cutter all along my middle finger and "stamper's shoulder" for about 2 weeks after making over 100 swap cards. But never anything like you did! Take care and heal up quickly!

Ginger
Is that what that is, Ginger? I always thought it was bursitis! LOL

Kathy
Well, considering I had never had any problems with my right shoulder until I did that big set of swaps, I dubbed it "stamper's shoulder" - and anytime I would do the same motions of stamping, cutting cardstock, or putting on adhesive on the back of cardstock, it would hurt again, I think I have a pretty accurate diagnosis! The only thing that would come close was when I had a little truck early in my marriage and it was a standard transmission. Because I'm tiny and short, I had to reach way over for the stick and I would have "driver's shoulder." Other than that, my shoulders are good to go. Won't say the same for my back.

Ginger
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:02 PM   #42
Pearl-ExPert

I'm sure that's got to be a medical diagnosis somewhere in the books: Stamper's shoulder.

How about sore ribs from doing 100 (all stamped, many layered) Christmas cards.

Or my hand that is going to be killing me tomorrow because I just finished punching the corners for my sister's 300 wedding invitations and stamping 13 music notes on each (that's 3,900 notes)! Ouch!

Anyone else work up a sweat when stamping for a big swap or holiday and really get sore after...ribs, hand, arm.....or is it just me?

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Old 03-09-2005, 05:30 AM   #43
Mad Swapper

Default Sweat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkhedgehog
Anyone else work up a sweat when stamping for a big swap or holiday and really get sore after...ribs, hand, arm.....or is it just me?
You ain't seen sweat till you've stamped in Florida with no power from a hurricane or four. However, as some dear old somebody said, "Horses sweat, men perspire, ladies merely glow." That glow you saw to the south was me stampin' in Florida! I still manage to work up a sweat in what passes for winter down here. It's hard to position a fan to cool me and not blow my stuff all over the place, especially EP. I refuse to turn on the A/C in January.
Kathy