Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-21-2009, 08:32 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stampin up in the Uk

Hi
Does anyone know if the Uk will be getting a second catalogue.
There are 3 beautiful sets that I would like to get from the American version of the catalogue. Any info appreciated.
Many Thanks
Lisa
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-21-2009, 10:48 AM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Dou you mean the second catalogue in one year as that's a no. We may get a mini-only SU heads know this. The 3rd annual SU catalogue will be out in September and currently we have Salabration of course.

As for SU US sets-join the club. 99.9% of UK SU buyers want more sets, more current sets and more male, sketch type and animal sets along with rub ons, more papers without orange in etc etc!! I'd also like some items more geared towards the British market- we don't have 'holidays' here or make a big deal about pumpkins and I long for SU to take note of this.

We can't buy them, or more the US demos can't sell current sets so you'll need to wait and see ebay really along with the rest of us or make friends with an SU US customer and plead for them to send you the goodies you want!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 03:22 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

sadly for us in the UK we wont get a new catalogue until september the current catalogue choices are too small and i believe its hard for UK demonstrators to work from and i was shocked at the pathetic amount of pages to choose from.
One thing Stampin Up need to take on board seriously is they need good Masculine designs in the world, as we all know to make a baby and let familys expand a male is just as important in the world dont forget about us fellas we too need cards made for our Borthdays too.
We need to see designs of cars boats lighthouses scenes ships etc come on give us a better catalogue for the Demonstators around the globe, other companies make em.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 03:40 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I think SU in the UK has been appalling - limited products, � per $ prices.
They made such a huge deal out of coming to the UK and I was SO disappointed when they finally did. It was a very poor half hearted attempt that made me feel totally cheated and I absolutely refuse to buy it now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm so sorry that the catalog is so 'sad' in the UK. If you are still interested in getting some SU sets you could try e-bay or the SCS trade forum.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2009, 03:10 AM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I do believe that Ebay is the only way to get American SU sets demonstraters are not allowed to sell outside US .I still think it is very bad on SU to enter Europe and offer such a poor slim catalogue with not much in glad to know there are some UK members on splitcoast to say what they feel too. I do believe SU need to study the culture of new countries they want to sell in and designs to suit the countries, maybe that way they should succeed.
I feel they have sold better sets years ago what would be nice for the UK i have a few older catalogues i bought off Ebay i drool over some of those older such nicer designs particularly design sets for men .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 02:27 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Many Thanks for your comments
I have over 100 sets many purchased before SU came to the UK and I feel that the range and variety offered in the US is amazing and they definately seem to get a better deal.
I have searched e-bay for the sets I want & keep drawing a blank.
Thanks again
Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 03:05 AM   #8  
Compulsive Stamper

It's still early days for the UK. Although we haven't had the choice of the US catalogue, we have still had some lovely things, and I love the quality of the SU merchandise. Hopefully our requests will have been listened to, and we will have more stamps and punches in the next catalogue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 03:29 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Etsy is a fab place and where i'd got many of my many sets. Most people happily ship to the UK and it means we get a chance to collect sets we may have seen on SCS! I think Etsy is much better than ebay for things like this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 03:31 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

As i gather SU are in the thros of sorting the new catalogue out, which will be out Oct. I think if people are feeling this way that they should drop SU and email with suggestions ect now so their opinions can be looked at.

I am giving them a list this week.

Caz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 04:47 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Makes a mental note to email Caz so that Caz can plead with SU! to include the Photo Corner and Word Window punches in the next UK catty!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 05:06 AM   #12  
Polyshrink Goddess

Whopps I meant to drop SU an email to tell them what you want as they are sorting the new stuff out now... not to drop SU... thanks to the person who Pm'd me to tell me about my type.

anyone in the UK want to email me suggestions I can take with me Friday.

Caz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Caz, you're meeting with corporate SU on Friday? That would be so cool!

I really do feel for you all having your catalogs be so limited. All I can say is that starting out in a new country probably needs a cautious approach until they get a feel for their reception. Hopefully this third catalog will be expanded.

Definitely, definitely contact SU (anybody!) with suggestions and/or requests for catalog items. They do take customer feedback seriously. And as far as voicing concerns here on SCS, please don't feel shy about that, either, lol! I may not like to see any company "bashed," but I think there's a huge difference between constructive discussion and venomous ranting, kwim?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 10:33 AM   #14  
Compulsive Stamper

How do we contact Stampin up in the UK to tell them what we want?
That sounds like a good idea...............People power.
Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 10:38 AM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

[email protected]

HTH
Caz
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

I've just emailed them - thanks Caz.

If we all email them maybe we'll get a response.

Great thread - I thought it was just me!

Elaine

My Blog: www.magic-boxes.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #17  
Glitter Guru

I wish you guys could get more sets---are there images you want, and are we allowed to RAK images on people in other countries?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-29-2009, 12:24 PM   #18  
Compulsive Stamper

I am just dropping you a line, to let you know my wish list for the new catalogue.
Whilst I love your range & I have used the stamps for about 8+ years, buying them from Ebay USA I do think that our range is rather limited compared to the American catalogue.
Well here goes

* In colours
* The full range of puches available ( have found some great punch pals on line & cannot make many of them as they use punches only availabale in the USA.
* More mens sets
* A wider range of UK appropriate greetings, phrases.
* Each set to have at least two appropriate greeting / phrases.
* Cute sets
* A full range of ink spots available individually.
* Mini catalogue
* More halloween sets, it is becoming very popular here in the UK.

Well I know thats quite a wish list, but I am so pleased with everything I have bought from my parties which I have every 3 months & I also belong to a stampers 10 group, I am also loving the sale a bration.

Thanks for listening
Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-30-2009, 04:17 AM   #19  
Compulsive Stamper

Default I got a reply

If anyone thinks that our pleas will fall on deaf ears, then you will be amazed...........I had a lovely reply & all in less than 24 hours............so go on send them your wish list.

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 03:40 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Smile Glad you got a response

My friend in the UK sent SU Europe aka UK demo support a full wish list of stamp sets this was passedonto UTAH head office via email then when the new UK catalogue came out it was rubbish no men sets in when you complain they swithched off praises different.
I dont exspect high expectations from SU in America to put images in the UK catalogue because they have not done enough research so they dont design for the individual countries because i guess it will be costly and you have to have the demand and they only cater for the majority.
Masculine designs for Stamping companies are a tough one they need to sell but the logica answer is to do designs to fit all the globe but this does not always work because like UK dont say Happy Holdays they say Happy Christmas. Heavy American greetings wont sell in the UK and visa versus UK sayings wont always work for America.
If i Was in Stampin UP i would say use differnt designers because sadly over the past three Years Stampin Up designs are becoming too much a repeat i have friends in America who would genuinely agree with me one hundred percent.

Stampin Up seem to me to be diversifying by moving away from their initial catagory STAMPS to me Stampin UP are focasing on coordinating more after sales like papers matching inkpads stencils chipboards rub ons but for me the Stamps are what i asssociated Stampin Up i like their quality i like their wonderful full colour catalogue their designs do help beginners but need to make samples in the catalogue for intermidiate stampers and advanced they too like new inspiration.
The best thing regarding a UK stampers opinion they still use wood to me nothing is better and they are trying to help by having die cut designs,
IF YOU CAN STICK DOWN A STICKER OR STICK DOWN ANY DIE CUT YOU CAN MOUNT A PIECE OF RUBBER ON A BLOCK OF WOOD, This is for those that complain about wanting unmounted i have tred this and believe me wood is best it lasts a lifetime so in a nut shell Stampin UP need to improve for Europe look after their own market in America and any global country and then everyone evenytually like me will become happy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 04:09 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendykinsView Post
I wish you guys could get more sets---are there images you want, and are we allowed to RAK images on people in other countries?

Thank you Wendy - you're a star!

I think we could all do with a little bit more of the American philosophy - THINK POSITIVE.

If we don't believe it will happen then it won't. Be positive, take action and it will happen.

Elaine

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 05:52 AM   #22  
Compulsive Stamper

Default If you dont ask, then you've got no chance

I was always taught if you dont ask..................You dont get.

I sent a polite e-mail & had a lovely reply assuring me they take such requests seriously and my comments along with others they receive will be passed onto the development team.

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 07:46 AM   #23  
Matboard Maniac

Default Constructive Responses

I think it is great if someone wants to express their personal concers regarding Stampin Up selling in the UK. WE all know when we live in an individual country the best people to ask are the customers without customers business does not survive. If enough people voice their concers then there is a better chance of success
The problam arises when not enough people xpress their opinions on individual requests the ones with the most request are the ones businesses focas on but wuill not take on board all.
If Stamps for men is your biggest gripe then complain say we need stamps for men because i have a family to think of and lets face it stampin up is not all ladies in the family i see males in the pictures young and older too so surely they would not want to recieve a Bright Pink card with bold flowers on with a pretty pink bow to match. I am being no way disrespectful when i say the previous just giving an honest example.
I often hear from some colleages i dont like making men cards because companies dont make good designs true, how does it feel when you are a dedicated and experienced crafter and you dont own them yourself to use this is very frustrating you end up shopping here and their for bits of this and that when i think the easiest option would be for it to be under one roof or in one catalogue giving sufficient choices.

Would be interesting if more people expressed their concerns.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 09:03 AM   #24  
Stazon Splitcoast

I do think it helps to remember that catalogs are planned many, many months in advance. While I wish lots of folks would send in design requests, I would also wish them to remember that some things take time.... So, if you send a request that doesn't appear in the next catalog, that does not mean that SU isn't listening or responding. Keep letting them know (nicely, lol) what you think of existing fare and what you would like to see. Just keep at it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 01:01 PM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew overtonView Post
I think it is great if someone wants to express their personal concers regarding Stampin Up selling in the UK. WE all know when we live in an individual country the best people to ask are the customers without customers business does not survive. If enough people voice their concers then there is a better chance of success
The problam arises when not enough people xpress their opinions on individual requests the ones with the most request are the ones businesses focas on but wuill not take on board all.
If Stamps for men is your biggest gripe then complain say we need stamps for men because i have a family to think of and lets face it stampin up is not all ladies in the family i see males in the pictures young and older too so surely they would not want to recieve a Bright Pink card with bold flowers on with a pretty pink bow to match. I am being no way disrespectful when i say the previous just giving an honest example.
I often hear from some colleages i dont like making men cards because companies dont make good designs true, how does it feel when you are a dedicated and experienced crafter and you dont own them yourself to use this is very frustrating you end up shopping here and their for bits of this and that when i think the easiest option would be for it to be under one roof or in one catalogue giving sufficient choices.

Would be interesting if more people expressed their concerns.

I can feel your frustration Andrew - I am the only female in our house (me, my hubby, my two sons and even the two dogs are male). Stamps for men - now there's an issue! It's not SU but the crafting world in general that hasn't grasped that one yet, but it's happening. Lets face it, any company with a bit of commercial savvy can make a 'killing' on that one!

Betsy has the point - catalogues and products have to be planned well in advance - so lets give them a chance. I'm sure they are listening and only too happy to deliver what's needed.

Woo-ooh - what a 'bag of worms' you've stirred up here Lisa - great thread Girl!!!

Elaine ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-31-2009, 01:47 PM   #26  
Matboard Maniac

I am not aware of any other company in the UK which is a stamping company by selling directly within the home only Stampin Up . I know in the United states there are others Close To My Heart but their stamp line moved onto Acrylics. The biggest problam with Stampin Up is if they dont get it right by say having a nice selection of good designs for men then people who are customers to a hostess dont buy and simply have the attitude that they are directly missing out the other gender. A valid point i personally feel.
If you go into any craft store or shop you will have more choice than Stampin Up and thats why i personally feel they need to step up one to cover themselves because if a company dont offer they get a bad name.
To me its a common sense thing in business you sell to the biggest audiance but in these times of equal equalities you need to make sure no one is left out and i hear so many stampers disgruntaled with no good designs to make classy masculine cards.
Even if Stampin Up find the sales from demonstrators are not as high they still need classic designs not funky or too whimsical because something classic still stands the test of time.
I can give a great example LOVELY AS A TREE A BEAUTIFUL CLASSSIC SET still is in production must sell well and i believe is probably the oldest set in the catalogue WHY because the designs are great and you can make them for a multitude of age groups and themes .
If they brought out 4 sets as good as the fore mentioned they would sell and demonstrators lives at selling would become easier and customers happier who request such designs.
thanks for this thread hopefully someone may take notice of it and act upon peoples wishes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 02:57 AM   #27  
Glitter Guru

You all have expressed yourselves so well in this thread, I hope that you pass along these same thoughts to SU and that you are heard, cuz what you are asking for, doesn't seem so very hard to accomplish in time. It seems that SU has answered (I'm sure there is along way to go, but they are starting)the Spanish speaking market and is working on the Australian market(as far as phrases and images, I think,don't quote me or flame me if I am wrong, LOL), so the UK market should be next, IMO
Keep up the flow of info to SU offices and keep it positive but forceful and I hope it changes for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 04:34 AM   #28  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Contacting stampin up

I think contacting Stampin up and letting them know firstly what they are doing RIGHT and then letting them know how they can improve can only help with the product range increasing & improving.
The problem is if we in the UK had never seen the extensive range available to the USA we would be very happy with the range we have. So We are not asking Stampin up for the impossible just feed through what they already have to the wider market.
In particular the punches & wider range of greeting sets, as some greeting sets in the UK catalogue still have americanism's in the sets ie: Happy Thanksgiving & Happy holidays.
I appreciate that here in the UK this is a relatively new business, but letting the development teams know what we want cant do any harm.

Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #29  
Glitter Queen

Lisa.
Can you let me know the e-mail address that you sent it to, so I can get one sent also.
I would love to see more of a selection in our UK book.
Thanks and hope you're feeling better!
Love and Hugs Angie..xx..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-03-2009, 09:02 AM   #30  
Cardstock Collector

Hi everyone,

This is my very first post on SCS although I have been a lurker for years LOL!!

This is a great thread Lisa, feedback is definitely needed to enable SU! to understand the UK (and European) market.

Angie, you can email Stampin' Up! on this address with your wish list[email protected]

I have been browsing the new US cattie this afternoon (better late than never LOL!) and there is way too much yummy stuff in there. If I was being really sensible and limited my wish list...I would like some more punches and of course the 'in colours'. Oh and that lovely new tree set, some of the new DP, and.....and....;) is it possible to be sensible when looking at a new SU cattie?!!!

See you soon
Reply With Quote Likes